A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

anybody else avoiding 6.1 upgrade? - I still have not done it yet.

Posted: Oct 05, 2010

don't come here much..but have the bugs been worked out yet.  The horror stories, the slow downs...just trying to avoid it as long as I can.  Still have not upgraded. CCM said to wait until I have no choice.  Anybody else?

Take the plunge, you'll be surprised. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
The only difference in 6.1 is the lack of doctors list. The auto numbering is nice, but you don't have to use it, and you can enter skip markers just by highlighting and hitting the backspace or delete key.

for me, its slower - sm - nightowl

[ In Reply To ..]
DocQScribe seems to be a lot slower with the upgrade. I have a MQ computer, so it could be that those who have a powerhouse computer, it may be fine.

MQ sent me a new computer - Just another MT

[ In Reply To ..]
and now 6.1 running much faster than before (I think the old computer did not have enough memory as it was old). I hate to admit it here, but I like the changes in 6.1, especially the numbering feature because it really speeds things up with ASR, not to mention it automatically puts the skip marker in for 5 or more words deleted, and I like it that once you click ignore a word in spell check it does not stop on that word again if you do another spell check in that report. I don't find the doctor lookup much different other than you have to actually click on search to have anything come up. I like it that now it is much faster to insert the dictator's name in the report as you do not have to search for it in the database because that name is automatically listed and you don't have to search.
new computer, sounds good to me! - nightowl
[ In Reply To ..]
I might have to call support and see what they say! Thanks for the info!

Mine is slower and hangs up when it autosaves - anonymous

[ In Reply To ..]

What I like about 6.1 - Daisy

[ In Reply To ..]
I like the fact that when I go to upload and it does a spell check and I choose to "Ignore" a certain word or name and then I decide to go back and look over my report again for whatever reason, it doesn't keep stopping at whatever word or name I told it to "Ignore" the first time around. It used to bug me that I would have to keep telling it to "Ignore" each and every time I uploaded. (I hope this makes sense.)

I have a new MQ computer. Mine still slow. - Even put in a memory stick.

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

6.1 - MTr

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, I like that too. Also, I like the numbering thing. Support had to put me back on the old version because of a bug and I really miss those 2 things. They said a new version would be out with some changes, including the one I got kicked out for, in 2 weeks.

Spell Check On upload - working MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes I know exactly what your talking about and I love this too. It makes me more apt to go back into the report and check it one last time as it is not going to hang up on me and waste precious minutes. The other function I like is when you hit ctrl-N for physician look up if they are the dictator or assistant or get a copy you can just highlight their name and hit enter and the name goes into the report quickly.

I haven't done it yet - Still waiting

[ In Reply To ..]
I'll do it when I have to and not before. We've been getting e-mails about people screwing up the auto-number thing by leaving part of the list numbered and the rest not, or by neglecting to put a period after the number sign. The numbering thing really seems to be the ONLY upgrade for the MTs and it sounds to me like the benefit of auto-numbering is outweighed by the slow doctor look-up, so I'm in no hurry.

I just think that those not willing to upgrade - should have to pay for prizes

[ In Reply To ..]
SERIOUSLY!!!

"Pay for prizes"???? - Still waiting

[ In Reply To ..]
I would tell MQ (and you) where to stick those prizes. Those of us still waiting obviously have no interest in their "contest" and if you "seriously" think we are the reason why you have not won your "prize" yet, you need your head examined!
yes, it is you, Ms. Nasty - play nice
[ In Reply To ..]
It is those of you that have not upgraded that have kept the rest of us, who did this in a TIMELY FASHION, from having our drawing.

There is not one reason that you can give that covers why you have not done it. The rest of us are working, are still making a paycheck, are doing what we are supposed to do, and some of us (EEK) even like the upgrade.

If you have no interest in the contest, send e-mail to CCM and tell them that so we can get this over with.
Just to answer this - another opinion - sm - granna
[ In Reply To ..]
There were over 600 support tickets created the first week this upgrade took place. Numerous people found their computers were not compatible with the upgrade. Many lost time while they awaited delivery of new computers. The backlogs sky-rocketed, and numerous other issues with DocQManage also occurred. There were those who felt it was more "timely" to wait until all the bugs were worked out rather than upgrade and possibly not be able to work. I am not apologizing for prolonged delays, but in the short term (a couple of weeks), it was a good decision on some MT's parts, so please don't treat them as lazy or uncooperative. That may NOT have been the case.
never said anyone was lazy.. - couple of weeks/not months
[ In Reply To ..]
It has been a month! Those that needed new computers were shipped those already. There is no excuse for those "just waiting until forced." Any and all tickets are addressed and they have "patch fixes" for slowness.

Smart thing to do WAS to wait to make sure glitches were out - and not jump with the masses for some lame "prizes
[ In Reply To ..]
then again..those are the minions lining up for the latest Apple invention two weeks before it debuts..to pay top $$$ and suffer all THOSE glitches.

Happy waiting. Sorry you are not getting your $15.00 Walmart card in a timely manner..but i do not have time to do THEIR testing. Should have been done on a group of willing MTs that were paid accordingly to try out new platform and report back on problems.

My concerns: Autosave??? Physician look up slow downs?
6.1 upgrade - just want to work
[ In Reply To ..]
I have not upgraded on recommendation of tech support till the new upgrade is a good one and not full of glitches. So am I the blame for the prizes not going out also? I don't think so.

Boy you're a real considerate person! I had the 6.1 reversed on my computer because of all the - mqmt

[ In Reply To ..]
and you are saying I should pay for prizes? You're a real terrific person!
I think I said "those unwilling" until forced - not those that tried!
[ In Reply To ..]
There is a big difference in those that actually tried, had issues, and had to be sent a new computer, those with tickets, etc., versus those that just sit there saying "I am not upgrading until I am forced."

The ones who SHOULD get those prizes... - Still waiting
[ In Reply To ..]
Those people who were screwed around by the attempted update are the ones who "deserve" the prizes. Actually, anyone who was slowed down or prevented from working should have been compensated. But I don't see that happening.

The drawing should have taken place already with those who at least attempted to upgrade in the time given, or in the day or two after, since some were prevented by the lack of response from their CCM. I never attempted to upgrade because I wasn't interested in their contest and I knew (especially after reading this board) that those poor people who jumped on in the hopes of winning a prize were merely guinea pigs to see how 6.1 was going to work.

But, tell you what. In the off chance that they DO have that drawing and I, by some miracle, win a prize, I'll give it to you. I'll post on this board, saying "Hey, crybaby, send me an e-mail with your address." Watch for my post.

ok, great. I will be waiting - crybaby
[ In Reply To ..]
Ironic, isn't it?
I am serious - Still waiting
[ In Reply To ..]
I honestly do NOT deserve any kind of prize and I sincerely hope they don't throw everyone's name in the pot and pull mine out. And I honestly think they should have pulled the winners already.

But as far as e-mailing my CCM and asking not to be part of the contest, I truly don't think that would make a difference. They don't actually go through by hand and write everyone's name on a slip of paper. Not to mention, I try to stay under the radar as much as possible and am not going to stick my neck out there.

For that matter, have YOU e-mailed your CCM and asked them to get on the stick as far as picking winners?

I think they should stop with the non-existent prizes is my opinion - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Give us a system that works, stop taking away my pay and penalizing me for needing to put in a QA marker, give me some greatly-needed time off, and keep your Wal-Mart gift card.

Exactly! - Old part-timer

[ In Reply To ..]
All good points. I just want to do my work and get paid without them constantly finding ways to lower my pay with re-calculating line lengths and QA penalties. Plus, after nearly 30 years of doing this, I don't think I should have to beg for time off when I'm willing to take off without pay.

Exactly old part-timer - just want to work

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree with you. I have 35 years and this company is just a sham anymore.

Similar Messages:

Avoiding Burnout/QA
Dec 15, 2009

I have been in transcription for over 10 years and doing QA for about 5.  I am soooo burnt out of this field.  So bored, creativity stifled, and unhappy.  Any tips on how to make my job more interesting, joyful, and creative? :(   ...

Avoiding Ageism
May 11, 2014

Can you avoid ageism by changing your DOB on job applications? I need to change jobs and do not want my age getting in the way of getting a new job. TIA! ...

Can't Upgrade DQS
Aug 29, 2010

Hey all, When logging in to work this morning, I get a message that DQS must be upgraded. Ok, I log into DQM and click the DQS link.  The window then pops up and says "Cannot initialize version checker" or something like that. Basically, it isn't working, so I can't upgrade, so I can't work.  Has anyone else had this problem? I hate this place. ...

Another Upgrade?
Oct 14, 2010

I just got an e-mail from MQ about upgrades and they have a schedule that it needs to be done by.  Is this yet ANOTHER upgrade or is this the last one we did?  It says QocQscribe 6.1 Build 263.  Does anyone know? ...

DQS Upgrade
Oct 27, 2011

Has anyone else heard of MQ having an update forDQS?  Apparently it requires faster computers and mine must not be as they are shipping me a new one?  Don't know when but apparently soon. ...

I Wonder If The Upgrade Will Fix
Nov 29, 2011

ASR just put "flap home" for glaucoma and "to have left" for tympanoplasty.   Does this even remotely sound close? ...

New Upgrade
Mar 19, 2013

Can anyone explain how they are doing their graph between gross and net?  How do they come up with those? ...

Does Everyone Run Every Upgrade?
Mar 19, 2014

It's rarely, if ever, any better than the last version, and this one seems like a nuisance with that ADT search. Ever just skip it?  ...

Upgrade
Jan 21, 2015

Well, I don't know about anyone else but I am so weary of getting emails about how great this new upgraded system will be.  If it is like any of their upgrades in the past, it leaves a lot to be desired and causes us more work.   Just tired of the way they "micromanage" everything. ...

EMDAT UPGRADE
Jan 27, 2010

I am currently using EMDAT as my platform. My company recently upgraded from 4.95 to 4.96. I keep getting a Microsoft error every time I try to upgrade. I called EMDAT, and they told me it was because I use a broadband Satellite internet connection??? They can't help me. Now what? Is it possible to take my PC to my friend's place where she has a different internet connection (cable) and upgrade from there? I need this done ASAP for work. Thanks for your help! ...

Upgrade To 5.16 With Windows 7
Apr 09, 2010

Has anyone been able to do the upgrade to DocQscribe 5.16 on a machine with Windows 7?  If so, how did you do it.  Can't get it to work with either 32 bit or 64 bit Internet Explorer.  TIA.  ...

Docqscribe Upgrade
Aug 03, 2010

anybody have the url for the docqscribe upgrade that we did a couple of months back.  I got a new computer where other fried and I can't get on to transcribe until I upgrade.  emailed support 2 hours ago and still no word from them.  Any help appreciated.  ...

UPGRADE STRAGGLERS
Sep 13, 2010

I haven't installed the upgrade yet.  I'm scared!!     I also haven't heard anything from my CCM about getting it done so I'm just plugging away as before.  She has emailed me this weekend and today but it was for regular stuff and even called me yesterday to help out (which I did), but made no mention about me not getting on the 6.1 bandwagon yet. Anyone else still not using it?  ~ Just curious.  (SA4) ...

Seeing No Difference With Upgrade To 6.1
Sep 27, 2010

Is it just me or my region but the only difference I have seen in the upgrade is the doctor's data base and being able to number with the numbering function.  I have yet to see the headings column come up on the left with a job or have the option on the top that says "type headings as dictated."  When I try to use the alt-H for inserting headers it it is still coming up in the middle of the screen and it is not showing, "client preferred headings."  Pretty much anything that ...

With The Last Upgrade, I Notice
Nov 11, 2010

that it now capitalizes the next letter after a period with one space. Is there a trick to make that not happen when I have to insert a word before the next word ("the" or whatever).  Example:  ...a 34-year-old male admitted for cough.  patient complained of.... When I put the word "the" before "patient," it capitalizes the P in patient and I have to change it, or take out the period, put the word "the" in, and then put the period back in.  Is there any trick so as not to ha ...

6.1 Upgrade Experience
Mar 29, 2011

I had problems with the upgrade and my talented computer geek husband just arrived home.  My problem was it said something about needing a version #2 to upgrade (which is ancient, according to him).  He did his magic and I am now upgraded !  YAY !  He wanted me to say "For upgrade to 6.1 you need Internet Explorer.  It doesn't work with Foxfire so use IE to get version #2."  Hope that makes sense to those that understand it.  Have a great day ! ...

MQ Computer Upgrade
Nov 30, 2011

To those of you using MQ computers, if you had to get a different one because your current one was not going to work wtih the new upgrade in December, did they want your old one back?  Why?  I threw out my boxes, and the only shipping labels I have are for the center they closed down.  Hey, if it won't work, will they want it back? ...

IE8 Upgrade Question
Jan 09, 2012

I have IE7 on my computer as it works perfectly with my companies' platforms; however, lately, Google, You Tube, Facebook, it seems all the sites are telling me it's time to upgrade to IE8. Is there a huge difference when upgrading to IE8?  Did anyone have problems upgrading to it and it adversely affecting their platforms, or did everything go okay? I don't know much about computers so any "upgrade" like this always gives me a panic attack about all the "what-ifs" that cou ...

Fluency Upgrade To 7.3
Nov 14, 2013

Anyone do the upgrade yet? Just wondering what it's like, so far. Guess I'll find out soon enough. Has to be done by this Friday... ...

Anyone Else Upgrade To 7.4? I Really Don't See The Point To It, Nothing Is Better
Mar 18, 2014

Why the upgrade?  ...

Should I Upgrade To 7.4 Or Hold Out And Keep 7.3?
Mar 22, 2014

nm ...

Fluency Upgrade
Mar 24, 2014

I've noticed several things since the last Fluency upgrade and I was wondering if anyone else has noticed these same problems.  I would like to gather as much info as possible before approaching my TSM, but also I want to make sure it's not just me.  Have any of you noticed these things, or perhaps other things that I have not noticed yet?  Thanks. Loss of line per hour, 30 to 50 lph on average. ASR missing words and phrases it used to know replacing them with terms I& ...

Paid For XP Upgrade?
Apr 13, 2014

Does anyone know if we are getting paid for any part of this XP upgrade?  Especially the part where you sit in front of the computer forever trying to get Nuance's software loaded. ...

Software Upgrade
Aug 20, 2014

MTStars servers are undergoing a major software upgrade due to which you may experience accessibility issues for next 12-24 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We appreciate your understanding as we continue to improve our visitor's experience by keeping pace with technology. If you have questions/concerns, drop us an email at:webmaster@mtstars.com Thanks,MTStars Team.     ...

I Know The Upgrade Is Not Completely Done, But Has The Moderator
Oct 17, 2009

I looked at all the forums and read all the primary posts (not the replies) and cannot find if the Moderator has addressed this, so if I missed it, sorry.  If not, does anyone know if the posts that are falling off Page 1 will be brought back when all the updates are complete and the archives are available?  I was looking for something that was posted on the first or second day when the new upgrade had just been done, and realized that what I had posted on the 8th (the day the upgrade ...

How Often Do You Upgrade Stedman's Spellchecker?
Mar 08, 2010

I was just wondering how often other MT's upgrade their references, particularly Stedman's Spellchecker? I have the 2007 edition, and am wondering if I should upgrade? What about other references, like Quick Look Drug Book? ...

This So-called Upgrade Has Left Me
Sep 05, 2010

completely inadequate in doing my job. I have lost my desire to even type.  I can't believe how clunky I feel navigating around in this. I'm glad I will be gone from here soon! ...

DocQscribe 6.1 Upgrade And Contest
Sep 06, 2010

There is a drawing for prizes if you upgrade the DocQscribe 6.1 by midnight and I watched all the presentations and have been sending emails for 2 days to my CCM to get instructions on how to upgrade and she won't answer my emails and if I don't upgrade by midnight I won't be entered for the prizes.  I'm so mad now.  How do I make her answer me.  What can I do? ...

Is Anybody Still Having Daily Problems Since The Upgrade?
Oct 22, 2010

Just curious, very frustrated.  Have to call every morning to login because it needs reset, now waiting 30 minutes for a split job to upload, no jobs availalble all throughout the day while waiting on jobs to upload.  They have had a month to fix this crap, why isn't something being done.  They owe some sort of compensation for this. ...

Yes! Starting May 18 After A TeamWork Upgrade, We Will
May 06, 2011

be able to make our own time card edits when we forget to punch in or out, etc., instead of having to email CCM and wait for her/him to do it!  Like!  ...