A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Upgrade to 5.16 with Windows 7 - Anon

Posted: Apr 09, 2010

Has anyone been able to do the upgrade to DocQscribe 5.16 on a machine with Windows 7?  If so, how did you do it.  Can't get it to work with either 32 bit or 64 bit Internet Explorer.  TIA. 

My understanding.... - AW

[ In Reply To ..]
I called tech support the other day to try to get the system on my laptop that has windows 7 and they said that it is not compatible..hope this helps

These companies better get on the SM - Tired

[ In Reply To ..]
ball with this tech stuff. More and more are upgrading to windows 7. I keep reading about things not working with W7 or with 64 bit, etc. They are going to have to configure these programs to keep up. Eventually, XP will not be available on new computers.

That's 'cause you got a lazy help desk operator - Still Plugging with 7

[ In Reply To ..]
I got a laptop with 7 back in November, and when I stumbled a little in the installation, I got a help desk operator who told me it isn't SUPPORTED because they just haven't tested it out. She talked me through running the installation as an administrator, and it went just fine. Been working with 7 ever since.

I was told by support that - typesuzietype

[ In Reply To ..]
it would run with 7 but that sometimes there were problems with jobs where the audio would not completely download, leaving no audio to finish the report. I opted to stick with XP until they can get the bugs worked out.

Similar Messages:

Did My XP To Windows 7 Upgrade Yesterday = Couple Surprises
Aug 20, 2014

First, I had assumed that a Microsoft Word/Office Starter would be included -- it's not. I'd never done an upgrade before (late adopter/new machines) so that was an unwelcome surprise. I found Notepad and Wordpad under asscessories (and StickyNotes) but initially thought I had no word procesising at all. The Windows 7 OEM Home Edition came with IE8 (with Bing and other trash annoyances) but did not come with Hotmail/Outlook which had to be downloaded. Along with Opera which I use on ...

AUTOCORRECT - How To Coph From Windows XP To Windows 7
Aug 22, 2013

HOW TO COPY AUTOCORRECT FROM WINDOWS XP TO WINDOWS 7 ...

Windows 7 And Using Windows XP Mode
Aug 05, 2011

Has anyone ever wanted to work for a company that only used Windows XP and you had Windows 7 but could virtually move to XP mode?  Could you download their software on the XP mode side and get it to work?  I had a job interview where their software only worked on XP.  I thought I could do that, but I had to also have Word 2003.  I only have 2010, but it has the compatability pack for 2003, BUT the client's software couldn't differentiate that.  If I maybe bough ...

ShortCut For Windows With Windows 7 Or 8?
May 14, 2014

Anyone using ShortCut for Windows with Windows 7 or 8? ...

Copying From Windows XP To Windows 7
Jan 31, 2015

I've done this before with no problems but for some reason I can't figure it out today. . . I want to copy my Stedman's Electronic Dictionary from XP to Win 7. I don't know why I am having problems with this . . . I copied my Stedman's electronic surgical words, abbreviations, etc., about 6 months ago just fine using my thumb drive. I don't have the original discs with me. Any help would be appreciated! ...

Can't Upgrade DQS
Aug 29, 2010

Hey all, When logging in to work this morning, I get a message that DQS must be upgraded. Ok, I log into DQM and click the DQS link.  The window then pops up and says "Cannot initialize version checker" or something like that. Basically, it isn't working, so I can't upgrade, so I can't work.  Has anyone else had this problem? I hate this place. ...

Another Upgrade?
Oct 14, 2010

I just got an e-mail from MQ about upgrades and they have a schedule that it needs to be done by.  Is this yet ANOTHER upgrade or is this the last one we did?  It says QocQscribe 6.1 Build 263.  Does anyone know? ...

DQS Upgrade
Oct 27, 2011

Has anyone else heard of MQ having an update forDQS?  Apparently it requires faster computers and mine must not be as they are shipping me a new one?  Don't know when but apparently soon. ...

I Wonder If The Upgrade Will Fix
Nov 29, 2011

ASR just put "flap home" for glaucoma and "to have left" for tympanoplasty.   Does this even remotely sound close? ...

New Upgrade
Mar 19, 2013

Can anyone explain how they are doing their graph between gross and net?  How do they come up with those? ...

Does Everyone Run Every Upgrade?
Mar 19, 2014

It's rarely, if ever, any better than the last version, and this one seems like a nuisance with that ADT search. Ever just skip it?  ...

Upgrade
Jan 21, 2015

Well, I don't know about anyone else but I am so weary of getting emails about how great this new upgraded system will be.  If it is like any of their upgrades in the past, it leaves a lot to be desired and causes us more work.   Just tired of the way they "micromanage" everything. ...

EMDAT UPGRADE
Jan 27, 2010

I am currently using EMDAT as my platform. My company recently upgraded from 4.95 to 4.96. I keep getting a Microsoft error every time I try to upgrade. I called EMDAT, and they told me it was because I use a broadband Satellite internet connection??? They can't help me. Now what? Is it possible to take my PC to my friend's place where she has a different internet connection (cable) and upgrade from there? I need this done ASAP for work. Thanks for your help! ...

Docqscribe Upgrade
Aug 03, 2010

anybody have the url for the docqscribe upgrade that we did a couple of months back.  I got a new computer where other fried and I can't get on to transcribe until I upgrade.  emailed support 2 hours ago and still no word from them.  Any help appreciated.  ...

UPGRADE STRAGGLERS
Sep 13, 2010

I haven't installed the upgrade yet.  I'm scared!!     I also haven't heard anything from my CCM about getting it done so I'm just plugging away as before.  She has emailed me this weekend and today but it was for regular stuff and even called me yesterday to help out (which I did), but made no mention about me not getting on the 6.1 bandwagon yet. Anyone else still not using it?  ~ Just curious.  (SA4) ...

Seeing No Difference With Upgrade To 6.1
Sep 27, 2010

Is it just me or my region but the only difference I have seen in the upgrade is the doctor's data base and being able to number with the numbering function.  I have yet to see the headings column come up on the left with a job or have the option on the top that says "type headings as dictated."  When I try to use the alt-H for inserting headers it it is still coming up in the middle of the screen and it is not showing, "client preferred headings."  Pretty much anything that ...

Anybody Else Avoiding 6.1 Upgrade?
Oct 05, 2010

don't come here much..but have the bugs been worked out yet.  The horror stories, the slow downs...just trying to avoid it as long as I can.  Still have not upgraded. CCM said to wait until I have no choice.  Anybody else? ...

With The Last Upgrade, I Notice
Nov 11, 2010

that it now capitalizes the next letter after a period with one space. Is there a trick to make that not happen when I have to insert a word before the next word ("the" or whatever).  Example:  ...a 34-year-old male admitted for cough.  patient complained of.... When I put the word "the" before "patient," it capitalizes the P in patient and I have to change it, or take out the period, put the word "the" in, and then put the period back in.  Is there any trick so as not to ha ...

6.1 Upgrade Experience
Mar 29, 2011

I had problems with the upgrade and my talented computer geek husband just arrived home.  My problem was it said something about needing a version #2 to upgrade (which is ancient, according to him).  He did his magic and I am now upgraded !  YAY !  He wanted me to say "For upgrade to 6.1 you need Internet Explorer.  It doesn't work with Foxfire so use IE to get version #2."  Hope that makes sense to those that understand it.  Have a great day ! ...

MQ Computer Upgrade
Nov 30, 2011

To those of you using MQ computers, if you had to get a different one because your current one was not going to work wtih the new upgrade in December, did they want your old one back?  Why?  I threw out my boxes, and the only shipping labels I have are for the center they closed down.  Hey, if it won't work, will they want it back? ...

IE8 Upgrade Question
Jan 09, 2012

I have IE7 on my computer as it works perfectly with my companies' platforms; however, lately, Google, You Tube, Facebook, it seems all the sites are telling me it's time to upgrade to IE8. Is there a huge difference when upgrading to IE8?  Did anyone have problems upgrading to it and it adversely affecting their platforms, or did everything go okay? I don't know much about computers so any "upgrade" like this always gives me a panic attack about all the "what-ifs" that cou ...

Fluency Upgrade To 7.3
Nov 14, 2013

Anyone do the upgrade yet? Just wondering what it's like, so far. Guess I'll find out soon enough. Has to be done by this Friday... ...

Anyone Else Upgrade To 7.4? I Really Don't See The Point To It, Nothing Is Better
Mar 18, 2014

Why the upgrade?  ...

Should I Upgrade To 7.4 Or Hold Out And Keep 7.3?
Mar 22, 2014

nm ...

Fluency Upgrade
Mar 24, 2014

I've noticed several things since the last Fluency upgrade and I was wondering if anyone else has noticed these same problems.  I would like to gather as much info as possible before approaching my TSM, but also I want to make sure it's not just me.  Have any of you noticed these things, or perhaps other things that I have not noticed yet?  Thanks. Loss of line per hour, 30 to 50 lph on average. ASR missing words and phrases it used to know replacing them with terms I& ...

Paid For XP Upgrade?
Apr 13, 2014

Does anyone know if we are getting paid for any part of this XP upgrade?  Especially the part where you sit in front of the computer forever trying to get Nuance's software loaded. ...

Software Upgrade
Aug 20, 2014

MTStars servers are undergoing a major software upgrade due to which you may experience accessibility issues for next 12-24 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We appreciate your understanding as we continue to improve our visitor's experience by keeping pace with technology. If you have questions/concerns, drop us an email at:webmaster@mtstars.com Thanks,MTStars Team.     ...

I Know The Upgrade Is Not Completely Done, But Has The Moderator
Oct 17, 2009

I looked at all the forums and read all the primary posts (not the replies) and cannot find if the Moderator has addressed this, so if I missed it, sorry.  If not, does anyone know if the posts that are falling off Page 1 will be brought back when all the updates are complete and the archives are available?  I was looking for something that was posted on the first or second day when the new upgrade had just been done, and realized that what I had posted on the 8th (the day the upgrade ...

How Often Do You Upgrade Stedman's Spellchecker?
Mar 08, 2010

I was just wondering how often other MT's upgrade their references, particularly Stedman's Spellchecker? I have the 2007 edition, and am wondering if I should upgrade? What about other references, like Quick Look Drug Book? ...

This So-called Upgrade Has Left Me
Sep 05, 2010

completely inadequate in doing my job. I have lost my desire to even type.  I can't believe how clunky I feel navigating around in this. I'm glad I will be gone from here soon! ...