A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

You know how some state that the QA/MMEs are scoring your reports - I think I know why

Posted: Nov 10, 2011

I'm an MME and we were all explicitly told not to do any sort of scoring on any reports and just leave feedback.  I've seen a few come on here angry for being scored for silly things and I've always defended, saying maybe it was an accident or they were audited by the client or the QTL. 

Well, as you may or may not know, we MMEs QA the ILP reports and some of them are QAd by the ILPs before they get to the USA MMEs.  Today I noticed a bunch of reports with feedback markers from the ILPs; not unusual if they went through their QA department first.  All of these markers were scored with a minor, major, etc by the ILP QA staff. 

What I'm getting at is this.  Those who have had their reports scored, have you checked the name of the QA person who did it?  Did it sound foreign?  I'm suspicious that they have ILPs QAing the US reports and doing an awful job at it.  It would explain a lot. 

I was a QA/MME (just left not long ago) and we scored reports. - Maybe depends on region/BOB? NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

This was implented last year when they rolled out - the new DQS changes

[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe before that. It was because of all the incorrect scorring going on with QASAR. As far as I know this was company wide. The only person to be scoring at this point is the QTL for auditing purposes.

sorry but there is a total dingbag out there and her name is NOT indian - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I bet I know the one. I finally got transferred and - have been so much happier.

[ In Reply To ..]
She made me absolutely miserable. I finally got to where I just didn't look at the feedback at all.

QA feedback is different from scoring - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
QA should not be categorizing and/or scoring anything in your report Minor, Major, Critical, etc. This is only to be done by the Quality Coach during an audit. The QA person may, from time to time, leave feedback. Hopefully it will be helpful and not condescending or critical.

And if they are scoring you, they need to be reported - and possibly retrained. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

The dingbat (perfect description) - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
She did not "score" but her idiotic commentary was condescending and sarcastic. After e-mails to her supervisor (with c.c. to supervisor's supervisor), she toned it down. (By then, I had accepted a job at another company---where QAs are required to behave in a professional manner.) (Any MQ MTs subjected to this neurotic loser should not hesitate to complain.)

Similar Messages:

MMEs - How Often Do You Get Your Own Reports Back?
Apr 08, 2014

If you had to guess how many times you're getting reports back, what would you say?  I'm getting at least 70% of any of my own reports that are either automatically routed to QA or I have a quick question on back.  How about you?  PS-I work during high volume times when there's lots of coverage across the entire BOB. ...

If You Are Working For A Company In Another State, Do They Follow Their State Rules Or Your States?
May 12, 2010

x ...

New QA Scoring
May 26, 2011

I hope you all realize that the new scoring is not about a goal of 99% at all.  It's not even based on a percentage, just an arbitrary "score".  Since all reports, short or long, start with a "score" of 100 with errors deducted from there, it would be like going to school and one day having a quiz of 10 questions where you could get 1 wrong (90%) and still pass, but the next day, a test with 300 questions would count the same (100 points), where if you got 2 wrong (98 "points" whi ...

QA Scoring - Anyone Heard Of This?
Jan 11, 2011

Okay. Just got notice that my QA score was good overall at 99.56%.  MT company says you must be above 98%.  However, I had 20 reports scored and 2 of the 20 reports came in under 98%.  One job was 21 lines and I did miss adding "ly" to the end of a word (-1/2 pt).  Another job was 18 lines and I spelled out four in four months instead of 4 months.  Agree with the changes.  BUT, do other companies take each job separately and grade them and then give you a combined s ...

Neurology Scoring?
Jan 18, 2012

s/l ranson level 3 at the time of admission, level 6 at time of discharge. ...

Changes To QA/Fiesa/Scoring
Apr 04, 2014

I can't remember correctly but awhile back didn't we get notification about changes to how we are scored on Fiesa and such? What were those changes? Was it for both the weekly bonus and quarterly? I can't recall and I didn't save any emails. ...

FIESA SCORING
Aug 01, 2014

How does one below 99% post audit lower a monthly % by 0.5 points and THREE 100% audits only raise the score by 0.1 point???? Also, got a report back with a major error.   I typed:  The patient thought she had had seen... Audited:  The patient told she had seen.... This is a VERY difficult dictator and his reports are all straight type.  I thought I did better on this one, but cannot win.  It would be nice if such difficult dictators could go for a second listen without it being ...

New Quality Scoring
Oct 04, 2014

Does anyone have any insight on the new quality scoring that will be showing up in FIESA? The video was a little unclear. I thought the company standard was 99% and now it is 99.3% and there is now a new score that will go along with this that we have to meet that is, I thought, already built into QA scoring anyway. There was also a comment about compensation will not be effected YET, which means it will be for those who receive bonus pay for one thing or another, be it quality or production bon ...

QA Scoring Under New Comp Plan
Jan 10, 2015

has anyone had no post audit reports for the week under the new comp plan?  this is my first week of coming across this problem - there were 2 post audits during the week in FIESA, but they were for reports the previous week and I received no PA scores for the week - I'm assuming this puts me in the 0.08000 category for 0%-99% whereas normally getting 100% and this is making a HUGE diff in hourly rate - there needs to be something in place where we have to receive at least 1 PA sc ...

Prefer Short Reports Or Long Reports? Sm
Jun 13, 2012

Hi all. I was just wondering what other MTs prefer...little short reports or very long reports? Do too many of either affect your line count (and therefore your pay)?   I definitely prefer very long reports!  ...

S/l "palasiffy" State Or "palesippy" State
Feb 05, 2010

patient is depressed and stressed over being a college student in a "palesippy" state??? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!! Abby ...

Long Reports Or Short Reports?
Jul 15, 2013

Am i the only one that just hates the long ones? And by long I mean anything over like 4 minutes.  I love progress and ER notes!  ...

MMEs
Nov 22, 2009

So a girl I worked with at a local hospital here now works for MQ, and I found out she is an MME, so I ask her, what exactly is an MME, she says she gets what we send to QA, corrects it, and types.  So....basically they are just QA people? But, don't QA people type too?   I just don't understand this MME position.  Any MMEs here that can tell me what an MME is (and I know it stands for Master Medical Editor, for the smarties)?  ...

Are There ANY Former MTs Who Are Now MMEs
Jan 09, 2010

who make about the same as an MME as they did as an MT?  Also, are they asking Tier 2 to become MMEs now?  I thought you had to be a Tier 3 first THEN MME?      ...

Any MMEs Here?
Oct 28, 2010

Just wondered if any MMEs watch this board that have an interest in advancing their careers to a QC.  Other than notifying your CCM and watching the openings, any advise on other steps to take? ...

To Those MT/MEs Who Became MMEs
Jan 13, 2011

Just got a request to test for the MME position.  I'm tier 3, 99% accuracy, and I've been here for 7 years, but I didn't take the test when they first offered it because I knew that my pay would take a nosedive.  I have a feeling they will be getting rid of all the regular MT/MEs shortly and keep only MMEs on board, but if the pay is actually worse, then it may be better to be given the boot.  I was told by CCM that it is mostly transcription work and not so mu ...

MQ MTs/MMEs
Dec 01, 2011

You should all go read the Offshore Concerns board about Indian Pay... UGH. ...

To Other MMEs (or Anybody Else Who May Know)
May 22, 2012

This is just purely out of curiosity, but have you noticed that a lot of the ILP's names have Shaster in them.  What does Shaster mean?  Is it some formal name thing going on? ...

To All The MMEs Out There,
Jun 19, 2012

ever read any feedback?  I don't.  So frustrating. ...

To Any MMEs
Jul 27, 2013

I've been getting a lot of reports from the ILP with "full review" or something similar in the QA note, but the report itself is not flagged for 100% proof.  After a couple weeks of doing full review at less pay, I've decided to just delete their request and fill in the blanks.  I figure if they want their reports fully reviewed, they can request their manager to put them back on 100% because I'm a bit fed up with wasting my time and money on making these ILPs look prett ...

Hey MMEs
Mar 06, 2014

When you get one of those jobs with 40 blanks in it, what is your favorite expression? Try to keep it clean! Mine is the name of a certain religious figure. ...

Question For MMEs:
Oct 17, 2009

No offense, but can I ask you all something?  Since you guys say you are making much less than you did as QA, WHY are you wasting your valuable time correcting insignificant things (not to mention sometimes even things that oppose the CP), or things that are preference calls?  Doesn't make any sense at all.  Just saying ...

Question For The MMEs
Oct 19, 2009

How much straight transcribing do you do, versus editing MTs and MEs? TIA ...

HELP Need Feedback From MMEs
Jan 21, 2010

I would like to know how much of your day is spent full listening to either ILP or MTs placed on 100%.  If it is 75% or more how do you survive? Do you have any tips on how to get through them faster? I must be doing something wrong.  Thanks. ...

MMEs Scare Me Sometimes
Feb 03, 2010

What's with checking the whole report when there's 1 flag in it?  Sometimes I'll leave 1 or 2 flags in a long report, and when I check my feedback I'll have 3 or 4 minor feedback, really little things that definitely do not impact the meaning of the report.  Scares me, feels like I'm being picked on.  Sometimes it's hard not to turn into a raging paranoiac around here.  I HATE leaving flags. ...

MMEs In All Regions Mainly Doing MT And
Apr 06, 2010

NM   ...

MMEs On Indian MTs
May 04, 2010

Are any other MMEs out there coming across Indian MTs who conveniently leave out portions of dictation, because they don't understand it?  I'm finding words or phrases left out that are completely clear, but a lot of the time is American slang.  Other times, it seems that they make up phrases to fit dictation they don't understand.  Anyone else? ...

MMEs: Do You Do Much MT Or ASR Work?
Oct 27, 2010

Considering applying to go back to being an MME part-time.  I mostly had QA work when I was an MME, but curious if that's the norm or not. ...

Does Anyone Know If MQ Hires PT MMEs?
Feb 16, 2011

x  TIA ...

Question To Other MMEs
Jun 03, 2012

If you see significant errors in a report of an MT/ME, do you let the QC know?  They were taken off 100% QA so that means the MT must have passed her audits, right?  I just feel like I'm tattling or picking on the MT and I just want to know what other MMEs typically do.  Whether to repot to QC or just leave feedback (which is probably not checked anyway) and move on.  ...