A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

About to walk - Last straw

Posted: Jan 28, 2015

I am one of the few straight typing MTs left in the company.  I came on board 3 years ago as a result of an acquisition.  The new policies starting at the beginning of 2015 are making it nearly impossible to do my job, almost as if they are trying to force me out.  Seriously.  I am struggling like I never have, and I have been doing this job for more than 2 decades.  Now, we have been told we will also be required to work in Fluency.  Judging from the comments, this program seems horrendous.   What would the advice be regarding jumping ship?   Are there anything positive to be said about staying? Would it even be worth trying to apply with another company (another set of problems)?  Any advice is greatly appreciated.  

If you can get out....goooooo - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
run away as fast as you can..spend my morning looking for jobs..in other fields, just not a lot of medical out there that I fit into

Completely understand - HDS

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been contemplating what to do myself ever the since new PODs have been implemented and yet another change in management and all the humanly impossible expectations it is definitely challenging. What will another company provide? Will they be better or worse? I have even contemplated a career change but that is a huge step at my age. Will MModal crash and burn soon because of the unattainable goals they are trying to accomplish? Will things settle back down when they are no longer the power house company of the clinical documentation world because they have run so many employees off or fired/laid off good ones? I've just been praying constantly to know what the next step in my life is to be and also pray for the company to make better decisions.

I'm with you HDS - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I failed an audit for 1 ONE error and it was minor. I have been doing this job for 20 yrs. So scary to think about changing, especially since I feel like a whipped puppy with all the constant negative feedback. Never once did I hear wow, thanks, you caught that major error, but put an A or the where it doesn't belong and all heck breaks loose. I'm so over this, even Walmart is sounding better and better

Fluency for the most part is a great program, - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
It isn't Fluency that is the real problem with this company. Yes, this latest upgrade with having to upload twice is a pain, but I don't think changing to Fluency should be a deal breaker, there are too many other issues that should be the deal breaker, low pay, no work, PODS, audit requiremens, etc., and I assume you are already dealing with most of those like the rest of us.

I agree I came back here because Fluency - fits me

[ In Reply To ..]
The problem is as above AND the biggest problem is the ASR is horrendous at best

Fluency actually does a great job on my accounts. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe it is not like that for all, but I find ASR actually does really well on my accounts if the dictator can speak even half-way decent. I can edit at 1.6 to 1.8 speed most of the time.

Upload twice - TJ

[ In Reply To ..]
Tell me about the upload twice. I have not yet actually done the new platform yet. I am going to do so in a couple of days. But could you tell me what you mean about download twice. Sorry, I am sure this is a silly question. But thank you.

Fluency - Feh

[ In Reply To ..]
First, I didn't think there was anyone left who only did straight typing, that certainly isn't financially fair to the rest of us, although I can imagine there is far less work available with straight typing. With regard to Fluency, the major difference is the pay. The benefits are that sometimes speech recognition is more familiar with the dictator and can "hear" things better than you and there is definitely less wear and tear on your wrists. However, the way its programmed for MModal is so bad, that it puts tons of words, sentences, paragraphs in that haven't been dictated. It gets a lot of the numbers incorrect. You have to concentrate and read along and correct way more than I think they ever thought there would be to correct. Its a job though, you still get to do it from home, and I'm guessing it will pay you more than minimum wage. Just my take on it.

Fluency's a great program. It's the terrible dictators - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
and sometimes horrible sound quality that makes it hard to make money.

Will you keep the same account you are - working on?

[ In Reply To ..]
If you are straight typing on that account they probably want it to go to ASR, their speech engine runs on Fluency, which is probably the reason they want you to change.

Similar Messages:

Walk-Out On May 1st? Is Anyone Actually Doing This?
Apr 26, 2012

What's this I hear about a Walk-out/Sick-out on May 1st?  Just curious if anyone's actually doing this or is it just wishful thinking ...   ...

We Need To Do A Walk Out.
Apr 16, 2013

I know we see these once in a while,  think we need to shake up things, maybe it will show we are fed up with how we have been treated, our livelihood dismantled, it will get attention. Not enough people in India to do it all! yet!  I think a Monday would be a good day. ...

Medquist - Just Walk Away
Mar 10, 2010

To all the wonderful MTs out there, just turn off those computers and walk away.  Try to find another job first though, but do it.  I did and I am cannot believe what better companies there are out there.  I did send my supervisor an e-mail that I couldn't take it any longer and quit that day.  I was sorry I did that.  I never heard back from her, all I got were shipping labels and an snotty phone call about returning the computer.  I did return it in my own sw ...

Walk A Mile In My NJA
Sep 17, 2011

never experienced NJA accuse us of being lazy or not willing to work on other accounts? Never fails to amaze me how easy it is for those with "great CCMs, never experiencing NJA because accounts seldom out of work" to assume that WE are the ones not doing something right. ...

Medquist - Just Walk Away Continued
Mar 11, 2010

Whether you are "making it" at MQ (and for the life of me I don't know how), that really isn't the issue.  MQ is treating his MTs like slaves and for a pittance.  They degrade you, monitor you, have supervisors who are tyrants, unnecessary meetings, more hoops than you can throw a stick at and guess what, they are going to send everything over to India.  There are not enough qualified MTs any longer to support these huge companies; just look at Spheris.  The higher ...

Do You Guys Cold Call/walk In To Offices For New Business?
May 01, 2013

I feel like I'm getting to the point where I can't rely on new business finding me.  I recently took over in the family business and have not yet just walked into offices to see if a doctor would like to switch transcription services. Have you guys done this?  What's your experience?  Who do you ask for? Thanks to all that reply. ...

Doc Says "walk And Tandem Gait Intact."
Jul 13, 2012

? ...