A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Seriously? These auditors need to rein it in. - sm

Posted: Feb 11, 2015

Got a minor error (-0.25) for typing. "The patient has no complaints." The auditor felt that she heard "The patient has no complaint" without the S. Well that'll certainly compromises patient care. Good thing she caught that and dinged me for it. Sure, it's only a minor error, but that could very well be the error that pushes me over 99.5 one day. It's this kind of stuff that reduces employee morale and makes them hate working here. This is getting ridiculous.

Getting ridiculous - Getting??????

[ In Reply To ..]
It has been beyond ridiculous for years now and only getting worse. Again, these companies are the devil and treat their employees like dirt or less than dirt. I don't know of any other job that dishes out the abuse this place does and so many others. Sorry for your "grave" error. Let's get it together for cryin out loud. LOL.

Ludicrous - TJ

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree! We do so much on just one report that they cannot even begin to understand the stress that they have put on us this past year to 2 years. They just keep pushing up that percentage, and pretty soon 100% won't be good enough for them. This is a pathetic state of affairs.

my advice - sweet valentine

[ In Reply To ..]
Just get out of transcription. I don't think its going to change. I dealt with the abuse from Precyse for over half a decade, it just kept getting worse......its not worth the stress you put your body under, blood pressure, etc. not worth it......they never let up, never grow a conscience, never feel remorse, but yet expect professionalism from us..........lies, manipulators, abuse, sadism.........unfortunately, I think it will get worse in this field. There is nobody to police the, "managers". They can make up any lie and manipulate a situation and present it to their supervisors.........who is the fault going to fall on? Always the transcriptionist........Get out of transcription, leave them high and dry.

I had similar - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
but it was also a super short report so it dropped me to 99%.. Screw them I ignore them at this point..Save the stupid "killer patient" audits to your personal email so if they decide to fire you, you can take it to U/E office and show them exactly why...Nothing like a hostile work enviroment to make your employees more productive.

Performance audit - TJ

[ In Reply To ..]
I am so weary of the audits and the way they just pick you apart. I mean it is like a buzzard picking at a carcus (SP) ? I had one tiny report which I might add, they just love to do because they are small, and they put junk in there that I truly cannot hear. Whatever. Fire me. I am tired of it all.

Agreed - rde

[ In Reply To ..]
Part of it all is that the errors that are being made, however minor they are, most of the time are due to dictator/dictation problems. We are never supposed to guess, right?!?! Yet we are given dictation in such horrible form that you cannot hear what they are saying and you have no choice but to "guess" sometimes. I'm not talking about guessing at medications, diagnoses, lab values, etc., we all know better than to do that, but I'm talking about like the example you gave or if the dictator says is or was, and such. I've been marked off for not putting 2 spaces after a period. Seriously!?!? Since the auditors are soooooo good and know exactly what to do ALL the time, why don't they try doing 50+ reports a day and then go back and audit themselves. Pretty sure they'd be less than perfect 100%.

Exact ly right - TJ

[ In Reply To ..]
Boy you said it all right here so simply. They love to pick us apart for such silly things that have nothing to do with the integrity of the document. Patient care is not affected by this stuff that they are pulling. You can go to a hospital at any time, and see how horrible the patient has it many times, but you can bet they are not held to 99.6% accuracy on patient care.

This MT is a sinking ship - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been at this job for 20+ years, as have so many others, so I have a good idea of how to transcribe appropriately. Now all of a sudden I am unfit for this job. Starting back in the fall I began having audit trouble. After a lot of scrutiny and pressure, I finally corrected the problem and passed my next audit. Then in January I failed another audit, with verbal warning. A week later, QA decided to audit the majority of our team; I failed again. Verbal warning. (Obviously, I cannot hold up under this kind of pressure.) Then just 2 weeks later they do my February audit, and I failed again. That was the worst possible time to pull reports for this audit because I was completely stressed out over fear of losing my job, along with having the feeling that someone was watching my every move. I might also point out that that made 3 audits in 3 weeks' time, and each time my audit score did not improve, it was worse (this was after the insult of them forcing me to take an English/grammar usage module, as well as submitting a plan for improving myself). My supervisor has been a gem through all of this, but there isn't much she can do, except to implement policy. Since others are passing audits, she cannot relay any of my concerns to the powers that be. Each person is wired differently because each person is a unique individual. Well, this individual cannot work under constant reprimand and produce the kind of work they are demanding. I'm not even asking for a pat on the back when I do well. I just want them off my back so I can work. I am at the end of my rope.

Sinking ship - restlessMT

[ In Reply To ..]
You are correct. I've been doing this job for 20+ years also and have never, and I mean NEVER been made to feel so worthless by any other employer as I do with MM. I have worked for hospitals, clinics, private practices. Even if I made an error that would be what MM considers critical, I was not made to feel I was less than. I was reprimanded and given an "it's ok, but try to pay attention next time" speech. I'm not even making critical errors, it's just the small stuff because they keep throwing so many different accounts with so many different requirements to me that I cannot keep up. What else do you expect, I'm gonna make a mistake when you continue to expose me accounts that are so picky about EVERYTHING and then switch me to another one and then another one and so on. NEWSFLASH MM - I'M NOT PERFECT ALL THE TIME!

Not mention this train wreck better known as - ASR

[ In Reply To ..]
Puts in there whatever its little "brain" decides should be there and puts preconceived notions in place. Sometimes the things it puts in are off the wall and others extremely close but wrong. Half pay to fix that mess is ridiculous.

my advice - sweet valentine

[ In Reply To ..]
I so feel for you girls. I was a transcriptionist from 98'. Worked at clinics mostly, then had the misfortune of starting work at home when my old clinic outsourced our work, that was the beginning of the end.........its all been downhill since then. I went under a similar situation as "sinking ship". I told my ex-supervisor, I have never had problems on any job like I had with them (I've been working since I was 16)..........NEVER have I had these type of problems. I am usually the employee that gets the least amount of attention, because I show up when I'm suppose to, do what I am suppose to, be where I am suppose to be and mind my own business, but this, "transcription profession" looks to start trouble, looks to keep ___t going...............but yet you are suppose to be so happy to work for them, so happy to have a job........NOT! I quit my ex-mtso, a little over a month ago........my life is so much better! Less stress, work my hours, mind my business, do my work, get paid hourly, put forth my best effort, go home............have a life...........my advice, if you can get out of transcription!

The reason they're doing this is they want - American MTs to quit. sm

[ In Reply To ..]
The plan is to eventually have NO American MTs, so that when MT disappears altogether, there will be fewer people to lay off, and pay Unemployment benefits for. Honestly, the best thing to do at this point is to get out. Even waiting out the layoff and UE isn't really worth it anymore, considering how little we've all been making doing MT, and that will be the pay scale UE is based on.

American MTs to quit - You are so right

[ In Reply To ..]
This little scam has been going on for years now and then the MTSO says, there aren't any American MTs left to do the work, because the drove so many away, of course, they don't say that. Yes, they want to send everything to India or wherever (the moon if they could) and leave us all hanging out to dry. I agree it isn't worth waiting for the end to happen and UE will be a pittance because of what they pay. If you find a better paying job, in the long run you are better off. So let them send everything to India, eventually the clients will get fed up and all do it themselves and then these awful companies will be out of business as well.
well if that's the - sweet valentine
[ In Reply To ..]
case, then they got what they wanted, they got rid of this USA transcriptionist! And I love my life so much more now! I'll be honest though, I can't wait to see their payback, because what goes around comes around.......and they have done enough evil to pay for a little while!

Thank Goodness for MT Stars - thought it was just me

[ In Reply To ..]
getting the ridiculous audits and threats.

Thought it was just me - Same here

[ In Reply To ..]
When I worked for this absolutely horrible company, my heart would start pounding the minute I turned on my computer, for fear of what mistake or oversight I had done AGAIN! Same thing, every day it seemed it was something. I was on a horrible account, which they lost by the way, so there is some justice and was not given the job that they said I would be doing (lies from them are as natural as the air we breathe), so I tried and finally I had had it. I just quit, right then and there. I could hardly function any longer and knew I was going to get fired, so I left, never, ever, ever, to look back. No notice. What did I care. I would scrub floors before I would work for this outfit again. They are so absolutely despicable, I can't begin to put in words. I wrote to MM and told them exactly what I thought of them in a letter and told them to "F" off, that they should all go to you know where. It didn't do any good, but I had my say and got another job and moved on. Get out of here, as fast as you can and leave them hanging. The only thing I got back from them as well, was a nasty voice mail about returning my equipment! Great place! I only hope the higher ups at MM read these posts, but they are probably all laughing to the bank! They think we are such chumps and you know what, we are, if we continue to take this abuse. I was!

99.8% accuracy is a factory standard - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Not an attainable standard for this type of work..Nor is 99.5 or even 99%. But if they push for 99.5%, they seem to be able to keep 99% instead of the old 98%, which I believe is still the industry standard, so that puts them ahead of the competition. Slows us down remarkably, stresses us unnecessarily, and makes for a terrible working conditions.
Sinking - Anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Agree. Good theory, too.

I was also told in so many words that my concerns regarding my slipping audits probably would not hold up since there are those who can pass audits. I don't think passing audits is the issue; it's the pressure that is applied to us when one of us fails an audit. Everyone can pass an audit some of the time, but no one/most cannot pass an audit all the time. So, you are definitely correct, this standard is impossible to maintain 100% of the time. For me, I simply cannot produce when I am feeling inadequate and "under the gun." I really would like to be a little more "mind over matter" about this, but this time I just cannot muster the energy.

That is an interesting and viable theory about the industry standard and the company staying competitive. I believe you are correct about 98% still being standard, at least from everything I have seen. 99.5%, MModal? Really.
I feel your pain... - Debs
[ In Reply To ..]
Just got a notification of another fail. Was doing well up until last month got dinged for a date. My score was 9.35, which I was told about, of course. No had another fail come through just a few minutes ago. I am sure I will hear the same thing...All I can say is I try. Very disheartening...:(
I agree... - DebS
[ In Reply To ..]
Just got another lovely failed audit. I was at 99.35 last month because of a failed audit...there goes February now!
The really ridiculous part is that none of those numbers - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
even matter when the audits are performed by your own company & you can tweak them any way you want, instruct the auditors what to not count off for, etc. If the client was performing the audits, you can bet that number would HAVE to be much lower to be achievable by anybody, and it would have to also be a true percentage, factoring into the equation the actual length of the report. It's currently an incorrect number any way you slice it.

Got a minor also for something just as dumb - Tried to challenge it too.

[ In Reply To ..]
I typed "he gets good grades in school." Auditor types "he gets good grades at school."

I challenged it but lost because the dictator did say "at." Really? Does it matter? I mean, they could have made it feedback at least.

Now I'm so paranoid at trying to catch the insignificant things, I end up overlooking the big things.

back in the day - mt2north

[ In Reply To ..]
when I was QA, we were told if it didn't change the meaning of the sentence, leave it alone. No need to "nitpick." I swear the auditing team must get a bonus for "finding" errors.

When I was a QA and we graded, I would never count off for - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
anything so minor or anything that could even possibly be heard differently & subject to interpretation. Now, I personally know one of the auditors and was unfortunate enough to work with her before, and I know she will count off for every little thing like "patient" versus "the patient" when you really can't even tell which it was. She was always a nightmare. I say a little prayer every day that I don't get her as an auditor. They need to audit the auditors & reel them back in, and of course go back to the industry standard on the quality scoring requirement as anyone with any common sense knows it's impossible for them to guarantee 99.5% accuracy to a client. If I were a client looking for a company to do my transcription, I think I'd write them off after hearing that number & knowing they were blowing smoke.

Audits - TJ

[ In Reply To ..]
I literally have myself sick over turning on that computer in the morning to that graph that they send us, and seeing what I get dinged on. It is always, always, always some comma, and heaven forbid if you put in a the or if you don't put in a the. World ends.... Now we have that new graph where we have to see green, yellow, red, orange. It makes me crazy. I have gotten myself so upset I can't sleep at night. Now that is wrong I know, but why do they have to pick us apart likes this, and then say on the graph, we will be contacting those who are below the quota. Maybe I won't answer my phone. Ha!

I'm sure patients are dropping like flies because - of these kinds of errors.

[ In Reply To ..]
What are crock of feces this company is.

Similar Messages:

Is It Check Rein, Check-rein, Or Checkrein Ligaments
Sep 19, 2011

NM ...

RAC Auditors
Jun 10, 2012

A cute/funny animation about RAC auditors and what they do.  Just 3:52 minutes. First step to becoming a RAC auditor is becoming a certified coder.       ...

Are Any Auditors Here Who Can Help?
Mar 21, 2014

I was just wondering if there were any auditors who actually came to this board who could divulge a little information. I'm an auditor, but I was wondering just how knit-picky or in-depth is everyone else when they audit a job? It seems like I keep correcting the same thing over and over and over and over again and it's getting sickening and it's mostly just really small stuff that shouldn't even matter, like adding or omitting "a" or "the." ******I WISH FOR TRUTHFUL ...

Any Auditors Wish They Were Still MT?
May 08, 2014

With what I know now about how much MTs can actually get away with as far as errors and quality, I now wish I had stayed as MT and just stopped working so damn hard at it. It seems like auditors have to work much harder and get things even more perfect while the MTs still keep making the same mistakes over and over again and nothing comes of it. A lot of the errors I have to mark don't really matter at all and are extremely subjective, so isn't it kind of pointless to keep wastin ...

AUDITORS
Aug 28, 2014

QA gets audited too and let me tell you, they give no Mercy.  We have an auditor initial RH who is just out for the kill.  FIESA is so stressful even for QA/QC.  I cannot stand the stress anymore and am definitely seeking other employment as fast as I can.  ...

Questions For Past/present Auditors
Mar 24, 2014

Couple of questions for any past/present auditors: 1. How long were you with MM before you moved to the auditing department? 2. Were you actively seeking the move or were you offered it out of the blue? 3. Are you making more or less than you were on production? 4. Do you focus on a certain number of accounts similar to HDS/SHDAs or are you required to cover whatever comes across your desk at any given time?   Thanks! ...

Auditors - What's The Maximum Length Of A Report You Process?
Apr 15, 2014

When you're pulling reports to audit, how long is too long?   ...