A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Self-reported height and weight WERE 5 feet 5 inches and 125 pounds - sm

Posted: Apr 18, 2014

1)  Self-reported height and weight WERE 5 feet 5 inches and 125 pounds OR 2)  Self-reported height and weight WAS 5 feet 5 inches and 125 pounds. The doc always dictates #2.  

and = were - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I think it would be "is" - no message

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I think "was" - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I think he's making it a combined term, height and weight, as in singular.

Height and weight are two things. - Valley Girl

[ In Reply To ..]
Height and weight are or were, present tense or past tense. Self-reported is an adjective. He thinks he's making it a combined term. Do whatever gets you in the least amount of trouble.

Report of height and weight is one thing - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Weight Is 124 And 3/4 Pounds
Jun 01, 2011

I don't get this whole weight thing. There are 16 ounces in a pound. How do you transcribe 124 and 3/4 pounds? When the doc said 212 and a half pounds, I put 212.8 lbs because there are 16 ounces in a pound and half of that would be 8 ounces, but it was changed to 212.5 lbs, which to me says 212 pounds 5 ounces. So, how would you type 124 and 3/4 pounds? TIA! ...

Pt With Calluses On Feet - Exam: Both Feet Have S/l Serp-ses
Dec 27, 2010

x ...

Pounds And Ounces
Sep 03, 2010

How do I transcribe 6 pounds 1 ounce ?  6#1oz, or 6 lb 1 oz or ???? Thank You ! ...

Is It Weightbear Or Weight Bear Or Weight-bear?
Feb 16, 2010

nm ...

Monitor Bigger Than 19 Inches?
Jul 06, 2011

I have MS Word, IT, Bytescribe, and WordPad all up side-by-side at the same time.  Then when I need to get on the internet I minimize those.  I'm thinking it might be nice with a bigger screen to spread MS Word out bigger so the print will be bigger and easier to read.  I know I could make it bigger by changing it from say 100% to 150% but I don't like to go bigger than the page width.  I also might be able to leave the internet open too with a bigger monitor. Has ...

BMW Wire 190 Cm By 0.014 Frenches Or Inches
Dec 19, 2013

Thanks.  I hear frenches, but other people have put in inches.   ...

Height
Oct 25, 2009

Which of these sentences is correct?  The patient is a frail, 5 feet 5 inches female.  The patient is a frail, 5 feet 5 inch female.    ...

6 Inches Of Snow And Counting And I Can't Play Hooky
Jan 10, 2011

There's con for working at home! ...

Proper Height
Jul 16, 2010

What is the current proper form for height when the doc says "height five-five?"  I am so paranoid about everything now with MQ. ...

Fundal Height
Oct 27, 2011

Dr is saying fundal height "U above 1". Anyone know if this would be a correct measurement? ...

Height Measurement
Jan 21, 2014

What if they don't dictated "feet" or "inches", just 5 9? ...

Does Anyone Know Current BOS Rule For Height?
Oct 22, 2011

I know the 2nd edition says no comma between 5 feet 5 inches, for example. Does anyone have the current BOS edition and knows if this is still the same? ...

One Has To Seriously Wonder About These Reported
Feb 07, 2013

It's surely not a coincidence that the employee factor is a link.  Where are they getting this personal contact information from?  Makes you wonder. ...

Has Anyone Ever Reported Someone For A HIPPA Violation? (sm)
Aug 02, 2010

The daughter of a friend of mine works in the clinic that I worked at for 18 years in medical records is known to read charts and then tell others about what she has read.  For example, someone who has an STD that she knows, she has told lots of friends about it and I have heard it myself.  Does anyone have any idea what happens when you report someone for a violation?  I am sure that they take the person's name who is reporting it but can you tell me what else is ...

Feet
Dec 06, 2009

Extremity exam on an 81 year old lady . . . She does have slightly s/l "bruberous" appearing feet on both of her lower extremities.   Never heard this one.  Suggestions? ...

Getting My Feet Wet?
Nov 15, 2011

Does anyone know of a good, honest company where I can get my "feet wet" without being dragged in over my head? There are so many companies and after browsing through the forums here, I don't know which company to trust! Thanks for any help! ...

State Taxes Taken Out Reported On W2 But I Live
Mar 02, 2013

I'm pretty sure my former employer made a mistake on my W2 or made a mistake by withholding state taxes.  I live in a state that has no state taxes.  My company is in a state tax state.  I just cracked open my W2 and it shows state tax withholding.  I checked last year's W2 for same company, state (theirs and mine), and nothing is in that box.  I'll be calling them, but does anyone kinow if there may have been a change I didn't hear about?  Or ...

Can There Be Rugae On The Feet?
Feb 26, 2010

laser vaporization to remove s/l ruga on the plantar aspect left foot ...

What Do You Wear On Your Feet?
Jan 04, 2011

I find that if I wear shoes, I am inadvertantly pressing the rewind or FF bars on the foot pedal because the shoes are too wide. My feet get really sore pressing on the foot pedal with only socks on, though. Does anyone have any suggestions? ...

My Reasons For Dragging My Feet On 6.1.
Sep 15, 2010

have nothing to do with difficulty, upload/download time, or any MT-related issues. The majority of you STILL DON'T GET IT.  6.1. is an enhancement for back-end editing. Back-end editing means more automatiion and need for fewer and fewer real live human MTs to do MQ work. So great, jump on the bandwagon to eliminate your jobs.  I'm relatively confident I'll be one of the last to be let go whether I upgrade to 6.1 now or a month from now or whenever. You are just mak ...

Info Needed From Anyone Who Reported MTSO For Not Paying Overtime Please.
Oct 17, 2010

What was the process you went through?  I would guess you most likely would contact the labor board.  Was that your state or the state of the MTSO main office?  I would think they would ask for my timesheets, which I have kept.  Did you mail things to an address the labor board gave you and deal with one investigator? What was the outcome of your case?  How long did it take to get the matter resolved and receive your back pay for all the overtime? I know I pr ...

Has Anyone Reported A Company To The Department Of Labor For Unpaid Overtime?
Aug 06, 2011

If you have, can you explain the process?  Did you supply them with a weekly log of your hours?  Did you file to the state you reside or the Department of Labor where your company has its main office?  How long did it take to get your check;-)  How were you paid - did they figure an average hourly rate as we are paid per line?  Any info appreciated.  ...

QuadraMed (Duncan) Courtesy Of Misys (VD) Reported Mangers
Jun 05, 2013

Interesting!  So Constellation Softwares acquires QuadraMed which the CEO is Duncan James (our new CEO for MM) and supposedly QuadraMed courtesy of Misys (who Davenport and Princess used to work for and Allscripts and Misys merged) managers of QuadraMed are clearing out their offices and employees would be told how long they had left to work for the company which Duncan leaves as CEO of QuadraMed to join as CEO of MM.  My gosh, they all are sleeping together. ARTICLE:  Constellat ...

Baby Weight
Sep 02, 2010

doing labor and delivery, on prior report QA changed 9 lbs to 9lbs, which is correct or should pounds be spelled out?  I was taught 9 lbs 15 oz but not sure if that is correct now? ...

Weight Bear
Oct 12, 2010

Is it weight bear or weightbear - one or two words?  My spell check says two words by QA says one.  What I found on my own that it actually should be bear weight.  Now I'm really confused.  TIA for any opinions. ...

Weight Gain
Feb 26, 2013

Doctor is talking about 14-year-old patient who is gaining weight, then says, "patient's family looked like they are (s/l nonforithan people). She has no signs of Cushings and blood work was normal. He is referring her to a dietitian. Any ideas on "nonforithan" people would be greatly appreciated. ...

Ortho - Flat Feet - Alterdix?
Jul 15, 2010

I'm doing an ortho consult and the patient has a history of long-standing flat feet and he uses (Alterdix?) for that.  I'm thinking it has to be some kind of shoe or device.  Not a medication because he says he is not taking any medication.    Also, just a side note - should it be a "long-standing history of flat feet" or is it correct the way it is "history of long-standing flat feet".   Thanks, ...

Do You Say 5 Feet, 4 Inch Woman Or 5 Foot
May 29, 2011

5 feet or 5 foot. I think it should be 1 foot and anything over 1, then feet, but now its sounding weird. I always type feet. Just wondering what other people do. ...

Doctors Reported To Their State Medical Board For Malpractice, How About Maldictation?
Jun 14, 2013

When a doctor repeatedly, deliberately makes vocal utterances that do not even come close to forming words, whose dictation cannot be deciphered by MTs with 20-30 years experience in his specialty, shouldn't this doctor be reported?  ...

Dispatcia??? Weight Loss
Aug 16, 2010

Please help....sounds like 'dispatcia' weight loss.  Clinical date for an US Abdominal Complete.  Thank You! ...