A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

My goodness, how long does it take a CCM to approve PTO?! - sm

Posted: May 30, 2012

Isn't that kind of a big part of their job & shouldn't they check it/approve it periodically rather than like once a week?!  I need to finalize my reservations & can't get a reply!  Sigh.

some of them are horrible at it! - anmt

[ In Reply To ..]
Last year I requested PTO for the month of Nov in Jan because we were going on vacation. Do you know my CCM did not approve it until the week before I left. It took her 11 months to approve my PTO. Crazy!!

They Want To Make Sure - You Will Have Enough Accumulated

[ In Reply To ..]
If you have a good track record of working your schedule, generally speaking, if the PTO doesn't fall on a Holiday,it will probably be approved whether they said so or not. It's the "denied" you have to worry about. If there's not a "deny" it's probably okay, but don't quote me on that.

I, too, have to make my reservations sometimes almost a year ahead of time, coordinating people, getting airline or hotel reservations, etc.

Well, this is a month in advance & I have plenty of PTO accrued. - OP nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

OH MY GOODNESS!!
Feb 01, 2011

I am so confused.  I need to work like the rest of us and sometimes I pull my hair out with dictators that are beyond ridiculous and never told to speak any better, but this I think might have gone too far.  I was looking at old reports for clarity on some medications, information, et cetera on one particular doctor, who is not a bad dictator at all, and repeatedly, I saw the initials of one transcriptionist who literally put garbage in all his reports.  She literally put Doo-dah, ...

Thank Goodness
Jun 27, 2012

Thank goodness I am taking a college class in August or I think I would go crazy with all the game playing.  I will keep on working, but I am keeping my options open.  I have almost finished my Psychology degree.  It sure comes in handy here.    ...

Thank Goodness For
Sep 30, 2014

Thank goodness for the DOL. I feel a teeny, tiny bit better putting in all this time and effort every day knowing there is and has been an active investigation going on with this company I IC for... maybe some justice when all is said and done. ...

Cannot Approve PTO And Change Schedules
Jun 23, 2010

My CCM says that corporate said she could not approve PTO or make any changes to schedules until after July 4.  Whats with that, anybody know. ...

Do We Approve Our Timesheets From Yesterday?
Dec 16, 2010

I am totally confused about our new pay schedule for this month and when pay periods end and start again.  Instruction from CCM would be handy, but of course she is off and left with no word, so I will turn to the smartest people I know once again.  ...

So... No One Can Tell Us How To Approve Our Time Cards?
Jun 14, 2011

cuz I also don't see it...  Pretty please? ...

Can Someone Please Tell Me When The Deadline To Approve Timesheets Is?
Mar 31, 2012

x ...

If You Don't Approve Timesheet Do You Still Get Paid?
Sep 18, 2012

I was waiting for CCM corrections, then forgot about it.  I wonder if I will get paid now.  Should I contact someone? ...

Is Today The Day We Approve Our Timecards?
Jan 28, 2015

x ...

Is It Just Me Or Have Lines Not Been Uploaded To Approve Timesheet Yet
Mar 04, 2013

Aren't we supposed to be approving our timesheet/lines for this week by now. Am I wrong or isn't payday Friday? I'd write my TL but she never responds to e mails (nor does anyone else for that matter). I keep checking the time and date and keep looking, but nothing. Anybody okay'd their timesheet yet? ...

I Keep Checking Isn't It Today To Approve Last Week's Lines?
Mar 13, 2013

Wondering if I am the only one who has not had lines come in for approval yet. I am sure it is today. Hmmmm.... ...

If Excused Absence W/o Pay No Work Is A Company Policy Why Does The VP Have To Approve/address It?
Jan 01, 2015

x ...

Involves A "5-week-long" Or "5-week Long" Treatment.
Jul 12, 2012

This would involve a "5-week long" treatment to the breast.  ...

How Long Does It Take.....sm
Mar 26, 2010

Geez!  I was hired by a national last Friday.  It is a full week later, and they haven't even gotten all the paperwork done.  I thought I had completed it all and then they said human resources forgot a few papers.  Well, they have yet to email them to me today.  I thought I would be at least training by now.  It has been a full week.  I mean they still have to install software on my computer, and I still have to train on ES and the account specs.  Ge ...

NJA- How Long Do We Have To Sit Here?
May 31, 2010

My shift was supposed to start at 8, it is now 8:15 and only 1 job has come through.   Can I send my email and be done with it or once a job comes through do I wait another 15 minutes?   ...

How Long Would It Take?
Oct 18, 2010

Can anyone tell me how long it might take, on average, to type 60 minutes' worth of dictation?  Thank you! ...

Sorry, Rather Long
Nov 21, 2010

This is in the PE section of a consult and the patient is alert but sedated.   ...The neurologic is ( s/l tense) and is intact.  Pulses in the periphery are good.   Thanks in advance for any suggestions.  Sally ...

Why Does It Take So Long?
Mar 08, 2011

Anyone out there notice this?  That it takes twice as long to do an op note anymore in ASR what with all the cutting, pasting, standards, going back to check whether or not to delete headings, blah, blah.  It used to be a cinch to simply bring in one of my standards and make the appropriate changes according to the audio, but now with ASR, it takes twice as long.  I feel like I'm running in place and going nowhere just to make ASR learn something.  It's such a waste ...

How Long
Apr 01, 2011

How long does it take to find a new job with so many people looking for work.  ...

It Has Been A Long Day...
Apr 14, 2011

The patient did some googling and recognized the tightness he was having may have been from a heart attack... Should I capitalize googling?    ...

Need A Job? (long)
Mar 01, 2012

Started working for my current office 7 years ago.  Worked 1 year in the office then needed to work from home so went on contract.  Things were great, plenty of overtime, work as much or as little as I want and still have plenty of time to spend with my family.  After 4 years they could no longer offer me a contract per se, but still had plenty of work so I stayed with them.  Things changed, started having trouble getting my checks on time, sometimes would be becaus ...

How Long Were We Down?
Jun 11, 2012

I can't remember how long we have to be down to get downtime.  Seems like it has to be at least half an hour. ...

How Long Does It Take To Not Be Known As An MT
Jan 24, 2013

I have known where this 'profession' was headed for years; even in the late 1990s I knew. I earned the education that I need with both an associate degree and bachelor's degree (bachelor's degree from Big 10 university) and, still, many people view me as an MT, which we can all agree is not good. I have experience in my new line of work, and I have worked in that field in the past. How long is it really going to take before people do not view me with all the negative stereoty ...

You Know You Have Been Doing MT Too Long When
Apr 07, 2013

you are cleaning out your desk and find a magnetic tape eraser :)   Probably belongs in a museum :) ...

Wow--long Job
May 01, 2013

Edited a job that was 4689 long.  YIKES!  That is the biggest one I have done in a very long, long time.   ...

So Long MM
Mar 15, 2014

I've done my time! On to something else! I can't say my experience here has been terrible, certainly not as bad as some others I have seen, but I just feel it's time to go. Something else presented itself and I took it.  I'll still be checking in on you all once in awhile.  Would like to especially like to wish the potential coders well; I think that's a great opportunity! Wish me luck! ...

How Long Did It Take You To Get Off Of QA?
Dec 01, 2014

I have only been working a couple of months at Nuance and I am just wondering how long it takes to get off of QA and become DSP status.  It feels like QA is nitpicking me to death.  This is the longest I have ever been on QA before.  How long does it generally take to get off of QA.  My last audit was 99.85%.   I cannot seem to get a straight answer from my TSM either... ...

How Long On Non-DSP?
Jan 14, 2015

How long do newbies typically spend on non-DSP status, and besides not having to pend every report, what does it mean to be granted DSP status? ...

That Took Me Long Enough!
Mar 23, 2015

I quit today. No 2 weeks notice. No anything. "You won't ever be able to work for Nuance again if you do this." That's like saying, "You won't ever be able to hit yourself in the face with a hammer again if you throw it away."  There is NO WAY an MT can survive not knowing what they will make week to week. Who can budget like that? They can stick their "compensation plan" up their yin yang.  I am free!  :)  ...

How Long Does It Normally Take
May 27, 2015

Anybody know? ...