A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Must be Blessed! - Happy Camper

Posted: Jan 17, 2010

There is so much negativity posted that I just wanted to take the time to say...  I am happy with Medquist.  I am happy with my schedule.  I am happy with my hours.  I am happy with my accounts.  I am happy with my dictators.  I am happy with my CCM.  I have no complaints whatsoever.  Medquist supplied me with a work computer at no charge/no rent/etc.  They provided paid training on their software to make sure I understood the format and shortcuts that make me productive with their company.  My pay is always on time and comes on the day they stated it would.  I know what is expected of me and have access to someone who can answer my questions when they arise. 

If I am this happy and content to work for Medquist...surely it must be God-sent because everyone else who posts on this site seems to be living in an MT hell or something.  Attitude has a lot to do with how we perceive things.  I am glad I have a positive attitude on most days.  It is not by my own doing, it is through the strength of Christ living within me that keeps me upbeat and moving forward one day at a time.  I live a blessed life because He lives. 

I am sure I will get slammed for this post but that's okay.  Someone out there must need to hear a positive word because I felt the need to post it.  =)

God bless and Good night.  =)

Blessed - nola

[ In Reply To ..]
That is great and I am very happy for you, you have given me hope....I really need it.

You are quite welcomed. - Happy Camper

[ In Reply To ..]
I know there are more content MT's out there but we as humans tend to not say anything unless we have something to complain about. And to answer the questions that I know will be coming...I am in the North region, I am a tier 3, and I very seldom get NJA and when I do, it seems it come on the days I need to have a day off or rearrange my schedule so the NJA is usually welcomed!

Jehovah Jireh! God provides!

How long have you worked for MQ? - I am a Christian.

[ In Reply To ..]
It is just hard to watch all the changes MQ has done over the years to MT's. When your pay has been significantly reduced by half, and they want you to work more and harder and take away benefits, it is difficult to like MQ. My husband who is also a Christian has seen the stress this company has caused, not only to myself, but on our family and he wants me out of this company and out of this field.

Good Luck to you! I just pray to God for the Board of Directors someday to have a change of heart to what they have done and how they treat MT's. I am glad they get their 250,000 to 500,000 income each year to EACH individual. I guess the 22 board of directors deserve it. I only wish I could get a raise. Three a year for the last 20 years just does not set too well with me. I ask, but they say they do not have the funds.

Can't have everything - Content MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you so much for that post. I too get tired of all the negativity on this board. I was an office worker in the accounting field before I went to school to change my career. My goal was to be able to work at home, so that I could spend more time with my four children. For the last 10 years, I have watched them all grow to adulthood. I have been there everyday when they went to school and came home. I would never have been able to do that if I had not changed my career. People ask me all the time, if I ever wish I could go back to accounting. I say not on your life! Yes, Medquist has changed over the years while I have been here, but my relationship with my children has also, and for the better. With every job, there is eventually something not to our liking...a supervisor, coworker, or even a horrible commute. I'm just glad that I got my priorities straight and was able to put my time spent with my children before anything else. It is well worth any headache that MedQuist has thrown at me over the years.

Yep, being at home has been great for my son. - Things change.

[ In Reply To ..]
When my son was younger it was great. Time flies and now my son is graduating and will be leaving the nest. I have been an MT for too long and now with my son leaving, I need to get out of the house and do something more meaningful in my life. It was great when the kids are younger, but now, I feel cheated looking back at the years. I need to do something more useful, more meaningful with my life. I look back and I think I have completely wasted my life. I look at my friends and some are getting retirement packages, while I get a huge pay cut and get basically nothing for all the work I have done for MQ and could be out of a job in the next few months. I have talked to doctors and they told me to get out of the field, especially if Obama Care comes into play. EMR will take over. I have felt demoralized since working for this company in the last year. I probably would be happy if I just entered in this field 6 years or less, but over 25 years of working in this field, it is time for me to move on.

Obviously with 4 children you were not the primary - wage earner in your home

[ In Reply To ..]
If you are tired of the negativity, oh well. You obviously rely on someone else (maybe your husband) for your primary source of income. Obviously!!! I have a son and daughter both college graduates and working on professional degrees at this point. Many of us have put in the work it takes to raise happy and successful children to adulthood, whether working in the home or out of the home. I consider myself a rational, sane person. But I'm bewildered by the constant changes at Medquist and the fact they keep getting worse. Medquist does not get a pass with me. Yes, I choose to be negative when it comes to Medquist. They were in fact guilty of stealing line counts from clients and from MTs. Only God knows how much was actually taken to line the pockets of the executives while many of us saw our wages fall. Having a job at Medquist should be more than being thankful for cesspool work, NJA policy, forced schedule changes, and forced decrease in pay (to MME). No, I'm not a Medquist fan. After years of service, after sometimes overnight changes, I feel no love. Saying something negative about Medquist does not mean that there is no love for humanity or that we are thankless, hapless individuals -- just so you know. No, I'm not making an attempt to slam you. I'm just speaking from my own experience of how I've been treated. We've all put in years of service. Some, like yourself, have managed to ride the storm with Medquist not as scathed as others. I can only hope your turn isn't around the corner and that the primary wage earner in your home is not yourself if you plan to rely on Medquist's wages. Keep reaching.

To: Happy Camper - TedEBear

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, you are definitely blessed. I know others, too, who are happy with MQ. I just resigned last week after 3 years. I was in the SE region where change occurs first, 90% of the work is off-shored. My CTL flat out told me that the goal for MQ is to be 99% off-shored by the end of this year. When I started, there were 10,000 US based MTs, now there are 3,000. Change is coming. Enjoy your blessings while you have them!

1% - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Who will remain working in the US? 1% of 10,000? Why can't US MTs work along with the offshore MTs? I can't see why they would get rid of people who want to work.

1% - TedEBear

[ In Reply To ..]
Because we work for 8-10 CPL; in India they work for 2-3 CPL. The company is now owned by a man from India.

It shows in the SEC filings. - There was a post down below about it.

[ In Reply To ..]
MQ SEC filings state that MQ is required to give CBAY AT LEAST 80% of the work to India and I thought it stated on a daily basis.

Anyway, CBAY is India owned now for the last year and CBAY has built new facilities and keep building to supply their own India base MT's to do our jobs. Then when the work is done by India MT's, it gets sent back to the US and then the MME's will be checking the work.

I wish there were more posts like this! - blueroses

[ In Reply To ..]
I thought that this was a great post. I'm also feeling very blessed these days. My job is not perfect but it's not the most horrible job I can think of either, and when I look out my window I see so much sadness outside that most days I'm very happy just to stay inside and have a roof over my head. Even if it doesn't last. Even if it's just for today. Life is short. Why not appreciate the little things?

I've been with MQ for almost 8 years now, s/m - Mischa

[ In Reply To ..]
and I have seen many changes, some good, some not so good. I too was happy with my accounts, happy with my schedule, and happy with my hours and pay. However, within the last year or so, I've been forced to change my hours, my accounts have changed, and my hourly compensation rate has decreased three times in a row. This is extremely demoralizing. I made significantly less money last year. What about those who are relying on their jobs to make ends meet, pay mortgages, and put food on the table, etc? It's not all about just having a positive attitude.

To: MBB - Ozzie

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm a Christian also. I also am the eternal optimist. That's why I stayed a lot longer than I should have. I'm glad that you have not been affected by all the changes yet, but those of us who have, can not pay our bills no matter how much we try to remain positive. There is negativity on this board for a reason. Fortunately, I found new employment. I'm now at a place where I don't get treated like a number. I wanted to get out before all of you have to leave because your work has gone to India.

I used to be happy with MQ until my primary account - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
wsa sent to India in December, and I got transferred to new accounts. I used to make approximately $525 twice a month for working 12 hours each week. My last paycheck was $116. I ain't happy.

Happy with MQ - TJ

[ In Reply To ..]
I am very happy at MQ as well. I was working with the competition .... and I just had to leave because of unfair practices and hardly ever having work.
You can work at MQ. You may not like your account, etc., but at least you have work and you can work hard to do well.

Happy at MQ - TJ

[ In Reply To ..]
It is a state of mind many times.
I feel as long as I have work that I am very fortunate. Because if you have work, and you build your macros, etc. you can make money. You just have to put the sweat equity into your job. Thanks for being positive!!! I see too much negative on this forum so I don't come here often at all.

Some people don't get it. - Dogs4me

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, those of you who HAVE work are happy and can be positive. There are many of us who do not have work. NJA is a constant once the work is off-shored. Your turn will come, unfortunately.
Just don't get it... - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
and also the most horrible dictators so you get paid next to nothing trying to slog through the dictation - oh me, oh my! My attitude is much better on the rare days I get fairly good dictators and my line count goes way up! Dictation quality makes a huge difference!

In addition to what you said, they also provide excellent tech support. NM - jj

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Tech Support doesn't matter when you have no work... - PMCT

[ In Reply To ..]
XX

Must be blessed - whatever

[ In Reply To ..]
What on earth does being a christian have to do with working for MQ. Are you saying that all those that are unhappy with NJA, pay cuts, etc. are not christian?

I wondered the same thing...... - ESPN2

[ In Reply To ..]
XX

Thank you - DRH

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you for that! I've been with MQ for 3 years. My 3 supervisors have never been anything less than supportive, as has everyone I've come in contact with.

I wasn't super happy when we got our ASR pay cut a while back, but how many lost their jobs altogether and are now on unemployment? I'm not super happy when work is slow, but guess what? I can do some housecleaning and come back later, and work is there, and this too shall pass and pick up again soon enough.

Sure it's easy to complain, but reality is, I tried that, and all I do is make myself depressed. No thank you.

I know how difficult it can get especially being isolated and working from home, but I am blessed too!

My supervisor doesn't nitpick (I've had ones that do in other jobs, and no thank you), I've gotten nothing but positive reinforcement, I'm not stressed out trying to hurry to work in the morning only to get yelled at if I come back a minute late from a break. I can be with my son and homeschool him. I don't have to worry about packing lunches. I don't have to spend hundreds of dollars on gas money every month. I don't have to spend tons of money on work clothes (gogo sweat pants on clearance at Kohls).

I've worked out on the "real world." I've had a "career job" with great pay and even greater stress. I've owned my own business that went south with the rest of the economy. No thank you. Really. No more none of that.

I work for Medquist and I'm blessed. With a stable job, a predictable paycheck and the opportunity to learn and to better myself and to gain as much as experience I can and the time to go to college and prepare myself for what is next. And if I really want to change my situation, then I can be proactive about it and needle somebody to give me more work and offer to help in backup pools in another book of business because when one dries up, another usually becomes available. I can even go and get a part time typing job for somebody else if I so feel like because these decisions are entirely my own. I chose this career. I choose the next step. I choose to be proactive and prepare for my own future and take care of my own family. Nobody does that for me, and nobody can take that away from me.

Blessings to you all. :)

Similar Messages:

I Consider Myself Blessed.
Jan 15, 2013

I love my life, I love my husband, I love my kids, I love my dog and I love my job (mt with a part-time non-mt gig on the side). I know many are unhappy being an MT and are looking to get out and I wish all those who feel that way well and I hope that they find something that suits them. As for myself however, I would'nt trade it for a thing. Yes I have a part-time job on the side that is non-mt, mainly because my husband is disability and we could use the extra cushion in our income ...

I Feel So Blessed.
May 09, 2012

I have been having a really rough time lately, and I actually was in tears today because of the stress I have been under and I just really couldn't hold it in anymore.  I am an MT and have  been for the last 7 years and like the 99% of the MTs out there, I have been so tired of all the stuff we all have to put up with with declining wages and declining quality of dictators, so I decided to start coding school with Andrews.  I'm almost finished! Only a few more months of ...

Feeling Blessed Today...
Nov 26, 2012

Just wanted to share. A friend of mine texted me on T'giving. She lost her mother quite suddenly.  I was so upset about what is going on in my world I didn't stop to think about what is more important.  I just want to share with you because I feel you guys are my sisters in a way and no matter what I read here, whether I agree or not, I still learn from it in most cases.  I wish all of you the very best you can be and we will figure this out together, I have faith.& ...

I Am Blessed To Have The Opportunity To Work Both As An IC And Inhouse.
Jan 25, 2010

There are good things about both sides.  I get paid more inhouse but I have more free time with IC. ...