A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I consider myself Blessed. - Hanging in there till the end.

Posted: Jan 15, 2013

I love my life, I love my husband, I love my kids, I love my dog and I love my job (mt with a part-time non-mt gig on the side). I know many are unhappy being an MT and are looking to get out and I wish all those who feel that way well and I hope that they find something that suits them. As for myself however, I would'nt trade it for a thing. Yes I have a part-time job on the side that is non-mt, mainly because my husband is disability and we could use the extra cushion in our income. But I love working from home. I go into an office setting 2 days a week for my part-time job and so many of the people there are unhappy with something. Either they dont like their hours, they dont like their superiors or there is problems with the co-workers or the way the company chooses to run things. I look and them and I think of how blessed I am to have a full-time job at home and that I only have to go in 2 days out the week for less than 8hrs. So many people work outside the home 40 hours a week and are miserable. Even though I have to supplement my income a bit with a part-time job, I would not trade it for anything. It gives me a peice of mind knowing I dont have to deal with the grouchy co-woker everyday, the boss looking over my shoulder, all the rules and stipulations and the gossiping and back-biting that goes on. Just this past week I had a gal tell me at work (part-time job) "you are too jolly for me, I wish all I had to work was part-time." Fortunately for me, I am not there enough to allow myself to become bothered by all the office politics.

may I borrow your high horse? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Glad you are happy. So I am... - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
If you are not happy at one job, find another to the other poster. We are not all miserable, although I too have had some horrible jobs and accounts.... Make your own happiness.

Why do people have issue with happiness? - PR

[ In Reply To ..]
If you come on here and complain about your job, life, kids, inlaws, neighbors people are all in your corner but let someone be happy and talk about wrath. What is up with all that. You donĂ¢€™t have to be on a high horse as the person states above to be happy. That is not an appropriate description. This person does not sound uppidy, rather a happy person. I was thinking exactly the same the other day, how happy I was with my life, not necessarily work but that is such a minute part of who I am, surely does not define me as a person. life is much to short to be miserable 99% of the time.

No issue with happiness - Anonymous

[ In Reply To ..]
I have no complaints and my on site co workers have no complaints as far as I know, we're all too busy with our work. I'm no longer an MT and it's the happiest I've been at work in years. I don't think people have an issue with happiness. What I don't get is why people feel the need to tell everyone they are happy without being asked, there really should be no need for that. Even "happy" people need to vent now and then.
Geez Louise - get real
[ In Reply To ..]
You can kvetch and moan WITHOUT BEING ASKED and sometimes even when asked NOT TO, yet someone comes on and shares a perfectly wonderful, uplifting, great response and she's told to get off her high horse. You people need to stop and listen to yourselves. If you're so miserable that only miserable people can be around you, it's really time to rethink your life choices.
Getting real - Anonymous
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm better than my coworkers because I'm happy and they're not, whatever. The OP needs to walk a mile in someone else's shoes before she judges her coworkers because they complain. Oh I forgot, she chose to detach herself but feels the need to tell everyone about it.
I heard no judgment whatsoever from the OP - ...
[ In Reply To ..]
She never said she was better than her coworkers. And I would bet she has walked a lot of miles in lots of shoes. I appreciated hearing a story from someone who found the right balance.
Read her post, she is working more than 1 job, so she is... - me
[ In Reply To ..]
This board is for discussion, happy or venting mad. No where in her post did she say she was better than anybody. In fact, she states she works a couple jobs (and has a husband and kids), so she is walking a mile in somebody else's shoes.

OMG, remember when your kids were living at home? I do! I could not wait to get to work off-site! And a husband to boot. Jeesh... I feel sorry for her, as I just have a husband and all his company. My son is long gone at 27...

She is happy... despite all that, so she should be given a thumbs up. What is wrong with some of you posters?
I don't understand - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
If you are so happy with your life, why are you spending time on this board criticizing us kvetchers and moaners? Don't you have better things to do? Ever try reading you own posts? If we are so miserable, you want to spend your time reading our miserable posts? Maybe you should rethink your life choices, choosing to spend time here with us miserable people. There are lots of other uplifting sites on the web that I am sure you would be perfectly happy with. Good luck to you!
I can explain this... - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
She did not see that tab stating, "Miserable MTs." I do not see it eithyer. Maybe, as she works from home, she comes on this board to relate to other MTs who are not ALL miserable.

I am miserable today because I am sick and getting VIOP/cell/redictation and way too much work called in. On the happy side, I have a fabulous transcriptionist helping me with overflow. Gosh, she is a breath of fresh air. She is always available to help me despite her own heavy workflow, and I appreciate her SO VERY MUCH for helping me when sick and buried, you cannot even imagine. (thanks Amanda!).
Otherwise, I am happy or will be as soon as I get a moment to catch up, get well, and etc., etc., etc.

I QUALIFY TO POST BECAUSE I AM MISERABLE WITH A COLD.

However, I am happy with work.

You go girl! Be happy!
Amen to both posts. Happy is a breath of fresh air - me
[ In Reply To ..]
We all have problems, job, family, finances, etc.; however, it is so nice to read happy posts, but the negative ones to follow are just quite uncalled for and mean.

Thank you for the postive reinforcement. We all like to hear the positives too along with the venting unhappy ones. To those, who are you to burst their balloons?
"why people feel the need to tell everyone they are happy "...HUH?? - No offense, but whats wrong with...
[ In Reply To ..]
telling people you are happy? It's okay to tell people you are sad or to come on here and vent about how terrible this industry has become, but it's not okay for someone to say they are happy?

That makes no sense whatsoever. I dont see a whole lot of questions on this board asking people how miserable they are, but yet they post about it. So why cant a person post about being happy without being asked? This is an anonymous board for crying out loud and EVERYONE is allowed to post here whether they are happy, sad, mad etc.

Happy versus miserable - ever notice?

[ In Reply To ..]
Ever notice how every week or so someone comes on to say how happy they are with their jobs or their lives and then the thread turns ugly? Sometimes this board seems like Groundhog Day, it keeps repeating over and over. It gets so tiring. What's the point? Some people just come here to vent and the "happy" people can't stand it and feel the need to tell us how happy they are.

Sometimes writing I am happy I am happy I am happy - four times you can convince yourself. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

So many people complain here complain excessively - PR

[ In Reply To ..]
of being unhappy, from hating their jobs to their children, husband, significant other that if someone is happy and says so people think they have to convience their own self. I just thought that to myself the other day, no one was around but I just felt happy for my life now as compared to years past. People have a right to be happy just like the majority of people here like to be down most of the time.
and so many people brag here excessively - over how happy they are
[ In Reply To ..]
Big whoop, we get it, nothing sucks in your life, your making millions, have a great hubby and love your job.

People have a right to be miserable just like the rest of you like to be so happy.
consider yourself blessed - sospecial
[ In Reply To ..]
Optimism vs. pessimism, been around for millenia. We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars ~ Oscar Wilde.
Humility - Anonymous
[ In Reply To ..]
There is also a thing called humility, which might be something for the OP to consider.

agree - schnauzermom

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree. Sometimes I come here to vent because my job is driving me crazy and venting and commiserating helps. I am also an intrinsically happy person, although I have never posted about how happy I am because I don't feel the need.

Me too - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I only come here when things are not going good and need to know I am not alone. Back in the day, when things were better, I only visited once in a while or when my company's system was down. Now it's like a relief valve, letting off steam. If things were going good, I probably would just come to give encouragement, not tell everybody how happy I was.

It gives you a piece of mind? lol - No offense, just found it so funny to read! ;) Pe

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Consider myself blessed - recb

[ In Reply To ..]
I am so glad to hear someone say that they like their job! I don't go on the board much because everyone is so unhappy with their jobs.
My company just sent us home to work about six months ago, and it is WONDERFUL!! We still have our benefits, and even though I miss my coworkers, it is absolute heaven to just work and not have to drive in, deal with the department manager (we have a super great supervisor), and wonder what to wear. I'm also not exhausted at the end of the day anymore.
We were also switched from hourly pay to production, and I make considerably more.
I always loved this work but now am so much more relaxed.
Now I can run out and work in the garden on lunch break or whatever. I thank God every day for my job!

Similar Messages:

Must Be Blessed!
Jan 17, 2010

There is so much negativity posted that I just wanted to take the time to say...  I am happy with Medquist.  I am happy with my schedule.  I am happy with my hours.  I am happy with my accounts.  I am happy with my dictators.  I am happy with my CCM.  I have no complaints whatsoever.  Medquist supplied me with a work computer at no charge/no rent/etc.  They provided paid training on their software to make sure I understood the format and shortcut ...

I Feel So Blessed.
May 09, 2012

I have been having a really rough time lately, and I actually was in tears today because of the stress I have been under and I just really couldn't hold it in anymore.  I am an MT and have  been for the last 7 years and like the 99% of the MTs out there, I have been so tired of all the stuff we all have to put up with with declining wages and declining quality of dictators, so I decided to start coding school with Andrews.  I'm almost finished! Only a few more months of ...

Feeling Blessed Today...
Nov 26, 2012

Just wanted to share. A friend of mine texted me on T'giving. She lost her mother quite suddenly.  I was so upset about what is going on in my world I didn't stop to think about what is more important.  I just want to share with you because I feel you guys are my sisters in a way and no matter what I read here, whether I agree or not, I still learn from it in most cases.  I wish all of you the very best you can be and we will figure this out together, I have faith.& ...

I Am Blessed To Have The Opportunity To Work Both As An IC And Inhouse.
Jan 25, 2010

There are good things about both sides.  I get paid more inhouse but I have more free time with IC. ...