A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

HI KIDS, ANY OLDIES STILL AT EVIL Q? - BUNION

Posted: Apr 26, 2010

Just curious.com.net.org...... dot. dot.dot. dot................ WHY?

Hi Bunion, I am at the Q so long....... - Dinosaur

[ In Reply To ..]
My first report was done with a chisel and stone tablet. Why? Because I am so close to retirement and I have my eye on a little hut on the beach in the South Pacific, the same as you Bunion, Shipwrecked, and several others.

A note to younger MTs,I am a true Dinosaur, there is no real future in this business. The pay lowers almost everyday. Technology advances daily. I encourage all of you who are young enough to do so, to seek another line of work. I give this advice in earnest. I really do have your best interest at heat.

I'm here too, but just until we head to the South Pacific - shipwrecked

[ In Reply To ..]
Hey Bunion!

As much as we all gripe, things could be waaaay worse. We could be typing on manual typewriters with carbon paper and White Out. I remember those days, although it wasn't until decades later that I became an MT. I also had to take shorthand.

Lordy, am I OLD!

older tthan dirt that's me - ceci

[ In Reply To ..]
Oh my shipwrecked -- I remember those days of colored carbons, colored correct type, white outs of all colors, and manuals (when I was with Western Union - my gosh I am a relic). And the little blue belts that made the docs sound like they were dictating under water.

Where are you going in the s pacific? I wanna go too -- I tried to move to Hawaii a few times - and I swear if they don't stop me - I may stow away and get there yet.

I made more money, with less stress, using manual - typewriters and whiteout, than I do now! nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Hahaha! So true! No message below - Maverick
[ In Reply To ..]
x

No future in MT? - Pedalplaya

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm somewhat of a relic also; started summer 1973 as an MT; worked my first job transcribing x-ray reports and helping the techs transport patients and develop film. Have to disagree that there is no future in medical transcription. It's just a different future than the one we had.

A lot of ESLs - Livewire

[ In Reply To ..]
I am getting ready to test for MQ but have heard horror stories that they have huge % of ESL. I've also seen that they dock your pay if you send too many reports to QA? Any truth to this?
yes ma'am - boat loads
[ In Reply To ..]
Most of the good docs are overseas and what is left is impossible garbage. There are some that have good accounts, so I hear, but I have not a one of them!

If you send more than 5% of your work to QA (no matter the reason), they dock your pay by 3 cpl. So, if they hire you at 7 cpl for straight typing and 4 for ASR, you would make 4 cpl for straight and 1 cpl for ASR for any lines over the 5%.

Although you can send blanks directly to the client, but I believe they are monitoring how many blanks each person leaves and I am sure there is going to be some kind of issue yet to be seen.

Some are very happy, some are unhappy, but either way... changes happen constantly around here. That is all I know.

Thats for sure. Its a future of SLAVERY. - Almost There - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

why stay there? - ceci

[ In Reply To ..]
I was with them 5 years and the best thing I ever did was jump ship, even without a job. It got so confusing I was spending more time trying to figure out what their latest demand was, than transcribing. I'm at a walk in clinic making twice as much now as I did my last years at MQ when they were twisting the knob and stealing us blind. The SEC nor FBI will investigate them, so IRS audit -- not probable. They are thieves with a pass to steal. GO LEAVE and don't look back. They will take you to bankrupcy - trust me - they took a bunch of to it when I was leaving. I lost my home and my savings. I started there making $45,000 a year...my last years there were $14,000. They were stealing us blind and we stayed too long and didn't have enough money to get out. I lived in my car and got out.
My work is doable - wonderful - I still work from home, and I can type the reports like I was taught and not like some weird QA person thinks she was taught to do it. I learned in 1975 - probably before the QAs were even born. Good luck people -- just jump and run.

Still here after 29 years - Old part-timer

[ In Reply To ..]
Started with Transcriptions Ltd which morphed into MQ. I started out in school wanting to become a medical secretary and work in a doctor's office. I liked doing shorthand and my least favorite part of the course I took was transcription! However, when I was looking for a job, transcription paid well, so I took the job. Once I had kids, I started working from home and that's the end of the story.

As to why I stay, I still make decent money (although definitely less than I did some years ago), have good hospitals and a good CCM.

Still here - radityper

[ In Reply To ..]
Yup, still here and making money! Got decent benefits, PTO, and a pretty healthy 401 to boot and I'm not a suit.

Shouldn't have left - Cornfedgirl

[ In Reply To ..]
Be careful what you wish for ladies. I left MedQuist for another company about eight months ago and I really miss it. At least we had steady work, good supervisors, and 401K. The grass is always greener on the other side. I got contacted by a MQ recruiter and I might come back on board.

to cornfedgirl - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
WalMart also offers STEADY work, a STEADY paycheck and benefits. LESS stress though. "Hi - Welcome to WalMart -- can I help you?" MUCH better than the worthless incentives, NJAs and constant change.

Hey Bunion!!! - Captain

[ In Reply To ..]
Still here... don't know why. Also was a former TL which got bought in 2000, I think.

How is your job going? Are you still with the same place? Did you have your surgery yet?

Still here because... - Giselle

[ In Reply To ..]
I've gotten raises every year since I've been here, about 3-1/2 years now, pay has increased some even with the cuts, still set my own schedule, work the hours I want, and flexible hours, even though I've had at least 9 supervisors since I started and more accounts than I can count.

My personality tends to roll with the punches, I stress out rarely, I spend a lot of time talking on the phone with my supes, CCMs, QCs, etc, who always seem to be available when I call, no matter who they are, and will quit when I feel like it.

And I like the account I'm on now. Things have improved somewhat for me personally in the last year or so with the changes going on.

Some days I don't like my job, some days I do, some days I don't care.

Still here-still looking - Adios

[ In Reply To ..]
Had to take a second job, but still looking for a new career....Especially now that the Q just took over Spheris. This career will never be the same, except for those fortunate enough to work for local/small companies, of which there are none in my area.

Yep, for 22 years now. Hi Dinosaur and Shipwrecked! - Maverick

[ In Reply To ..]
Had one interview and applied to 1 company 22 years ago and here I am today. All these companies keep sleeping with each other and then get married, divorced, get married again, etc. Seen too much crap with this company.

Similar Messages:

Haha....so I'm Listening To The Oldies Radio While I'm Working.....
Jun 03, 2013

.....and guess what song comes on......"Get a Job" LOL!!!! ...

Locked Out - EVIL!
Mar 03, 2010

Now they're threatening to lock us out if we don't keep our schedules!  This company REALLY wants us to quit!  They are evil!!!  This is beyond stressful and beyond mean.  I really depend on this money, but I think it's time to look for another job.  I'm really sorry it's coming to this.  I really enjoy(ed) transcribing and feeling like I was doing something useful and worthwhile.  Now it's simply not worth it. : ( ...

Before You Think All Companies Are Evil...
May 14, 2010

Not all companies are bad.  Through my 20 years of being an MT, I only have 2 companies I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy - Siance and Superior Global.  They are sweat shops, nothing less - nothing more. The other companies?  I went through a period of being REALLY irresponsible when I started working at home.  It was easy to get sidetracked.  It took me about 5 years to get really focused.  The 15 years prior, I had a steady income with a job out of the house ...

The Fragile Empire Of The Evil Q
Mar 03, 2010

What fools.  The Evil Q have built their Empire upon a foundation of sand.  This last step, "First Time Right" (oh, and what a hoot that is!), is the final straw, the final flaw in this bombastic, sadistic machinery that is staggering towards the edge of the cliff.  The bankruptcy of Spheris should have been their warning.  But now, they are too foolish and drunk with power to see that they are heading right towards the cliff.  Punishing those who are making little but s ...

My Quality Coach Is Evil
Aug 10, 2012

Just sayin'. ...

I Feel So Good I Could Almost Come Back To Evil Q
Jan 07, 2010

Man am I kickin the bootie, I have not felt this good in 8 years, since my cervical block I had for my 3 disks in my neck.  Try it if you have neck pain.  This is not even in full effect and I am 75% better today.  Have another injection in 2 week, and it has only been 2 days.  YIPPEE.  Is evil Q hiring for SA3 or 4, I can do that plus my other workies full time.  I can do anything, for anybody.  I CAN DO ITTTTT!  HIRE ME, HIRE ME, HIRE ME. I can not even ...

Ok Kids, See This, I Did What I Could
Jan 05, 2010

Sooooo, I had to have a block in my neck for pain, 3 protruding disks.  I told the doc what I did and why I have more problems now, IE the font with my new company.  Anyhow, he said "you would not like me, I dictate really, really fast. " I told him that there is someone on the other end trying their ***** to get it correct, so if you want it correct slow down.  He said "really?"  Yea baby.  Do you want correct reports or others that you have to go over?  DUH.  ...

Kids In Dictations
Oct 24, 2009

I just got done with a job where for the last minute the kid kept saying "daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daaaaaddddy, daaaddddy... etc" for literally over a minute.  He just kept on talking like it was nothing.  I on the other hand was telling the kid to be quiet!!!  Don't think he heard me! ...

Working With Kids
Mar 30, 2010

For all the moms out there, How do you do it with kids and trying to work? I am in the situation of deciding on whether or not to keep paying daycare. I wanted to be at home and be more available to my kids. I find myselft thinking that maybe if I let my sitter go, then that would be more money in my pocket, meanwhile, I wonder how I would work if I did let her go. Good dependable, trustworthy sitters are hard to find. Does anyone have any advice or stories on how you can be successful ...

Working 2nd Shift With Kids
Apr 29, 2013

I'm considering a FT second shift position with a company, but I would like to get some input from others who work 2nd shift on how they are able to do it with a husband and small children at home.  I am currently working first shift while husband is at work and kids in school but have a lot of days with low or no work.  Just wondering how you are able to stay focused and take care of regular chores/duties around the house in the evenings and still work and maintain a decent line ...

Working With Young Kids At Home
May 30, 2013

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions to work at home with 2 small kids, under age of 3.  Losing a babysitter and have no other options.  I have done it before but not for long periods of time.  Any helpful hints or suggestions would be appreciated. ...

Dictating With Kids In Room - HIPAA Violation?
May 26, 2013

So I just took a HIPAA course regarding the "new rules" regarding our liabilities and obligations under the law.  I often get dictations by doctors who are obviously working at home with their kids running freely (and loudly) through the room, and perhaps a caretaker's voice now and then.  If its a HIPAA violation for ME to have other people listening to dictation, isn't the doctor dictating in the presence of others who obviously have no business hearing that dictation a rep ...

Saw On A Morning Program That Kids Who Are Babysitting Are Probably Making More Than We Are!
Mar 24, 2015

x ...

Kids First Day Of School, Ready To Work, Just Found Out My Account Of 7 Years Went To EMR. Great:(
Aug 20, 2012

nm ...