A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Good News for M-Modalers - Turning Worm

Posted: Apr 01, 2013

If you received an E-mail from your TCM this weekend about how you are expected to be logged in for your entire shift every single day, no more, no less, print out that e-mail right away and save it! Do not delay! Be sure to log into your time sheet on time and be sure you log in your 8 hours (or whatever your shift is) and also stay logged on your network whether there is work or not, and get a print out from the network at the end of the workday to document that you were logged in the entire day. (Be sure also that you are near the phone and available for work during your shift.) At the end of the payperiod, print out your time sheet so that you can document you were at work and available, and any other documentation that you may happen to think of. If M-Modal fails to pay you your hourly rate for each and every hour of your shift, whether there is work or not, then take all of your documentation to your state labor board and let them make M-Modal pay you for the balance of your two-week salary, and move heaven and earth to get your benefit rate and not minimum wage (although Min wage is certainly better than nothing) and be sure that your benefits are covered as well. Please don't argue with me or flame me, if you have doubts that I am right about this, then call your state's labor commission or talk to your attorney to confirm, as I did. Also because work has been so intermittent, and your paychecks so small, you have not accrued enough PTO to cover your benefits, take that to the Labor Board as well.

I didnt get an email from my TCM - now what

[ In Reply To ..]
My TCM told me I have to log out after 15 minutes of wait time and chose PTO, release with no pay, or make up time. I was not told to stay logged on.

This e-mail would be from - turning worm

[ In Reply To ..]
If you work for a different region, then you did not get this e-mail. It does not matter what mmodal policy is, the fact is that this e-mail states clearly you must be at your computer, during your shift, no excuses accepted. Because of this statement, you must be paid for your time, and that is the way your state labor board will treat this. Stay logged into the system, don't worry about the system monitoring you, it helps you, not hurts you. The point if is your TCM, you can force M-Modal to pay you your hourly wage, you don't have to take PTO or anything else, you just stay on line and make sure you can document you are present for your entire shift. Call your state labor board and make sure you understand all of your state's requirements to document your work presence, they may vary from state to state. We have been given a golden opportunity to be paid a decent paycheck for the time we spend and the work we do, for heaven's sake, let's make use of it!

Great... of course I did not get that email - get all the junk, but not the good stuff

[ In Reply To ..]
No golden opportunity for me. Must be an April Fools joke also.
absolutely not an april fool's joke - turning worm
[ In Reply To ..]
As a matgter of fact, in the long run, this e-mail may assist each and every employee for M-Modal. M-Modal has made it clear we are expected to be at our computers each and every shift, for every since minute of that shift, or subject to disciplinary action. Which means THEY MUST PAY US, this statement pretty much supercedes anything that was said before. The reason it could be benefit all of you, if we in the south region are smart enough to follow through with this, and keep you all posted, is that a precedent has been set and you also can force the issue in your division as well.
april fools joke - Molleycat
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm in the south and I received no such e-mail from my TCM.
Probably someone trying to get us to screw up and - get fired... they need more work
[ In Reply To ..]
That is what I think.
not a joke, not trying to get fired - turning worm
[ In Reply To ..]
Okay, you don't believe me, then do this. What do you have to lose. Print out every thing you got from
over the weekend, and take it to a lawyer, darn it, and have her explain to you what it really means. I am not messing with your heads, and I don't want to get fired, I just want to be treated fairly, if this is a full time job, and I am expected to put in my 8 hours a day, I darn well want to be paid for it, and now I can be, thanks to that e-mail, and so can you -- if you are smart you will follow my advice. On the other hand, you are a passive pushover, you will sit on your chair, unpaid, desperate, too broke to even try to find another job, and comfort yourself with the notion that I am the idiot.
Im not desperate or a pushover - GEEZ
[ In Reply To ..]
I did not get that email and I follow the rule on the Intranet. I will not follow what your emails says because that is not the company rule. Obviously your TSM is misguided and instead of getting a lawyer and running this all amuck, why not just question the TSM as to why she is expecting you not to follow the company policy.

What if - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
If you are logged on for 8 hours and only get, say, 100 lines, that will royally screw up your line count and you will be fired for not making your lines.

Alternatively, if what your saying is the policy, what will they pay you - hourly minimum wage for your state?

I have a feeling they will fire you - if you try what OP says

[ In Reply To ..]
The MModal policy is clearly stated on their intranet, and regardless of what the TSM says, you have to follow policy. I would be willing to place a wager on the fact that anyone staying logged on to Fluency (DocQscribe) will get fired for their schedule source time not matching their fluency time.

I guess my idea would be to confront the TSM and explain what the policy is and then have her explain that you would not be fired for staying logged on to fluency. If she cannot say that, then I wouldnt do it, regardless of what she says.

WRONGFUL TERMINATION!!!!!!!! - Turning worm

[ In Reply To ..]
It is against the law in every state in the union to fire an employee for taking appropriate action against an employer who has not compensated her (him) properly. If that happens to you, you will find the ambulance chasers knocking down your door wanting to take your case. As far as min wage is concerned, it certainly is better than nothing, but I think you can get your benefit rate. I doubt there are very judges/abitrators sitting on labor boards who will be very sympathetic toward this sort of thing. Again, consult your attorney, don't be so afraid, is this job really worth it? Are you worth so little? They need us, we don't need them. If M-Modal and every other MTSO fell into a sink hole tonight, our jobs would still be here tomorrow!
I never got that email and my TSM says that we are to - punch out after 15 minutes,
[ In Reply To ..]
Just like the policy says. I am not afraid to fight anybody if they are wrong, but they put this rule in place, and pay me for the 15 minutes at my states minimum wage, and therefore, I am paid for every minute that I have to wait.

Maybe you got a different email, and maybe you are willing to risk your job, but I will follow the rule on the intranet, which is the same rule for my TSM, and I will still be working.

did you receive this email yourself? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Yes I did receive this e-mail - turning worm

[ In Reply To ..]
okay?

maybe you were the only one? - strange

[ In Reply To ..]
x
i got it too - i got it too
[ In Reply To ..]
but I had a different take on it than the OP did.
and what was your take? - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
thank you , thank you, thank you!!!!!! - turning worm
[ In Reply To ..]
It makes sense that you would take it differently, but what you need to understand is how a judge will rule on it, and what it literally says. And that instruction to be at your computer and complete your shift, or face disciplinary action, supersedes all the nonsense about work availablity, logging off the system, etc., to protect your line count, the court will likely frown on those instructions as a method of defrauding you. So, if you are brave, join me, but make sure you follow the instructions to the letter, be perfect! Document as much as you possibly can that you are at your computer when you are supposed to be. (Perhaps you can turn on your camera if you have one) and then if you do not get paid properly, go to your state labor board. What do we really have to lose?
Turning worm, if anyone has this email in their - possession. sm
[ In Reply To ..]
More power to them and you. You are 100% right. Someone made a big mistake by putting it out there. Wish I got one.
absolutely correct! - labor advocate...sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Would you feel comfortable posting the email? I would love to see it.
I think that could get me fired! - turning worm
[ In Reply To ..]
I wish I could but I fear my attorney would probably think I went too far. He isn't going to be very happy with me, as it is. But I read so many heartbreaking posts on these forums, I just had to do this much despite the grief I have been given.
well if I was the only one - turning worm
[ In Reply To ..]
Then I will be getting paid my benefit rate for putting in my 40 hour work weeks, because I intend to follow that e-mail's instructions to the letter. I will be at my computer promptly at the start of my shift, I will log off promptly at the end of my shift, I will sit in front of this computer, logged in and wait for jobs to come through. This e-mail changes my status from "piece meal" to regular full time employee. If I am not paid accordingly, I intend to take it to my state labor board and I am quite confident that I will win.

Truly, I am not trying to hurt anybody, and I will make this promise to you, I will post all of the details regarding what happens so that you can follow suit if you so desire.

Over the years, I have learned to read everything from the standpoint of what a lawyer would make of it, how would a judge interpret it and not just from an employee standpoint, concerned about work schedules, following the rules, and such. Perhaps it is because the MT who trained the young me, stressed just about every single day that the medical report was a legal document and could make or break a case, and we were the vanguard for the patient, the physician, and the hospital. To paraphrase
the good book, "Raise an MT in the way that she should go, and when she is old she will follow."

One simple way to find out if I am telling the truth and not making a bad April fool's joke, is to suggest reading your e-mails carefully the next few days, if the suits scramble to cover their well tailored posteriors, if you start getting e-mails with "clarifications" from The Man, the TCMs, HR, etc., if there is a sudden purge of recent e-mails from Ipswitch, and so forth, then take it as a sign that I am in fact telling you the truth that something significant happened this weekend; something good for us. It is a darn shame it is April 1. I wish I had waited until tomorrow to post this. I am so very very sorry that some of you will write this off when you could perhaps find a little justice for all the hard work you have done, all the long hours you have put in, and all the frustration you have experienced with this company.
Only One! - MTME
[ In Reply To ..]
What region are you in and what accounts; acute care, clinic, radiology, ??? I find it hard to believe, if so many others have not rec'd the same e-mail, including myself.
so you might possibly get one week out of this - and thats it
[ In Reply To ..]
You are right that they will immediately change the policy. I know TSMs read this board, and discuss the issues amongst themselves. I do know that if you happen to get away with them paying you for one week, you will be putting your job at risk, because for certain, they will find a reason to fire those that "make a statement." You better copy every report before you turn it in, but then again, that is a HIPAA violation in itself. If they find errors, you are gone. If you punch out 1 minute early, you are gone. If you work 1 minute of OT, you are gone. They will target you and rest assured, you cannot be 99% accurate under that stress.

That is my opinion.
Bring it on - turning worm
[ In Reply To ..]
Do you mind if I print out your e-mail and keep it as evidence of the kind of thing that M-Modal might do, if I am successful? (Lawyers love this kind of stuff.) In any case, they will have to pay me for 2 weeks, not one. And a full paycheck for 2 weeks would be wonderful after all of these months of starvation wages. And as I said before, the threat of disciplinary action if you are not at your computer for your full shift, is the meat of this e-mail. THIS IS WHAT MATTERS!!!! It is what ensures that they must pay you for your time, that business about clocking out after 15 minutes, etc., is window dressing and the court will regard it as a tricky illegal way to cheat you and intimidate you, and will not take kindly to it. This is a winner. For heavens sake, read your e-mails carefully. In the long run, this could help others in other regions if enough of us take this e-mail for what it means and we follow through. It could really open up this can of worms. It could bring an end to this abuse for each and everyone of us, working for each and every MTSO. (We might even be able to make the hospitals liable as well for the illegal acts of these MTSOs.)

Oh and by the way, looking at the number of responses to my original post, and just for the heck of it, and just to change the subject, if anyone is interested, I can tell you how to get a union of MTs at M-Modal TOMORROW (or any other company or all of them) a union -- maybe do some good with that expensive education my parents paid for long ago -- purely as an intellectual exercise, of course.
sure, just for the heck of it... - tell us how
[ In Reply To ..]
Please inform all of us how you can get a union of MTs at MModal TOMORROW! Kind of odd that you could single-handedly work that kind of magic, but what the hay...
getting a union - turning worm
[ In Reply To ..]
Long long ago, in another life (alas I'm old) I was a coed, a gorgeous charming thing (at least I thought I was, let me tell you) a business administration major in fact, a good rich husband-getting major I thought. But I was not a complete airhead/sorority party girl (does that remark ever age me!) I did go to class and I did pay attention. My parents certainly wished me to acquire a rich husband and were willing to invest in my education for that reason, but they certainly did not wish for me to flunk out, particularly in the event I failed to acquire that rich husband (which alas I did not -- not a permanent one anyway.) One of the recurrent themes throughout my various and sundry business management classes was the horror of unions, how awful they were, and how careful you had to be to avoid them, and all of the things not to do, and how easy it is to find your company "stuck" with a union. (Uncle Sam is quite union friendly; unions have a lot of political clout, and unions stick together and help each other.)

So here is how I would do this. Just for the fun of it, just so you know. (I get so exasperated with the hue and cry for a union I see in so many posts so I am, at long last, going to break down and tell you how to get a union although I do not like unions!) I understand that M-Modal has 3000 US employees, all I would need is about 5% of the workforce, I note that approximately 200 people have read my original post, so let us suppose each of those persons are in fact M-Modal employees and each of them privately wrote me and told me that they want a union and they would like me to represent them. They would need to give me enough info (such as name, address, employee e-mail address, number, etc., to prove they are employees of course.)

Then armed with this info, I or my representative would approach some management-type MMODAL person (or Nuance or whatever your poison might be) and hand him (or her) the names of these people, inform him that I am representing these people and we are a union.

And voila, we have a union. And yes, it really is that simple! In case you don't believe me, let me ask you this, just how else would a union get to be a union?

However, as I said above I am a die hard conservative, despise unions, I think they are evil. BUT M-Modal has led me to revise my beliefs somewhat and I have come to conclusion that there is in fact, something in this world that is even worse than unions, and that can be TA DA (drum roll) MANAGEMENT!!!!

So if any of you younger, more adventurous souls with your lives ahead of you would like to take this info and run with it, I would like to be #1 interested party on your union-joining list, except of course, who knows how long I will be working for M-Modal (hey hurry up, I am going to really need you guys!)
again - absolutely correct - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
"the threat of disciplinary action if you are not at your computer for your full shift, is the meat of this e-mail". You are absolutely correct about this.
Union wont do a lick of good - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
that day has come and gone, they will just totally move everything out of the country faster..
By all means, let us just give up! - turning worm
[ In Reply To ..]
So let us not even try to see if we could form some sort of Union. Let us just sit passively by until our world caves in us, not even lift a finger to try to help ourselves. You know, we don't have to be an arm of the DU (I would absolutely hate that) but we could try to do something about this. We could at least try to stop this bleeding of our jobs (primarily paid for by US tax dollars) to India where they are so incompetant that patients, our fellow Americans, our families, die because the medical records are so ill kept, and then our MTSOs just shrug their shoulders stating "So what, it's the global economy." We could try saving ourselves by setting real quality standards (not picky BSO nonsense) and seeing to it that we are paid enough so we can adhere those standards. And in the process, protect our elderly diabetic mothers and grandmothers so they don't need to fear going to the hospital and receiving massive overdoses of insulin. By all means, let us just slowly starve to death and do our part to wreck the best healthcare system in the world.
Unionize - good worker
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm with the other devil, Nuance, but support your effort to unionize whole-heartedly! I'm not one to sit on my hands while my world collapses around me.
why in the world does it have to a mmodal union - turning worm
[ In Reply To ..]
Every MT in the country who is having a bad experience should take an interest in this. In order to unionize a particular company, there has to be a certain number of employees wanting to do so.

Although as I have stated before, I am a die-hard republican, I pay attention to politics. And one thing I will say is union organizing fares better under a democrat president. The post I wrote about forming a union is a little vague, of course, I don't want to go into all the little subtleties of how to approach management make sure that the NLRB will force the company to recognize the union (without even a vote) It can be done and it is really not that hard to do BUT what is needed is a certain percentage of the company's employees who desire to form a union/cooperative. That is the only absolutely necessary ingredient.

As I pointed out before, if every person who read my original post was an employee and provided one person (I used myself as an example) who was interested in representing them with proof of their employment, etc., they are well on their way to a union. Those who don't want it don't have to be involved, if they live in a right to work state, they won't have to join or have anything to do with it, if they live in compulsory state, they may want to get on board, because it can happen without their consent or any fuss at all if it is done right -- under a democrat president, the environment is much more friendly.

This is a doable thing, and we can be separate from the ALF CIO, teamsters, etc, we can set up bylaws to prevent infiltration by the real rabble rousers (which is what happened to the big unions when they took such a hard turn to the left, the hard leftists would keep union meetings going until the wee hours of the morning, and when everyone gave up, they were the only ones left, they did want they wanted done, put themselves in power, and then finally brought the meedings to a close.)

We don't have to support left wing politicians, or any politicians unless they take a real interest in our cause, and even then we find a way if a certain percentage of members do not want any of their dues going to support those policiians.

We can be strictly interested in taking care of our own, providing lawyers to represent people who want to do something about this NJA nonsense, class action suits about some illegal fradulent actions of the MTSOs, forcing the hospitals to accept responsibility for their part in this, setting some professional credentialling standards, a tough multitierd certification process so that a 20-something with a year's experience who passes a little CMT examination cannot lord it over a seasoned 60-year-old veteran who is forced to go on foodstamps, and so forth and so on. We can bring the Indian MTs on board too, should we so desire but they must be given US-scale wages and meet US professional standards and find a way to make this the law of the land -- a couple of patients have died because of these MTSOs and their Indian employees, this could be done -- and this takes unequal the competition away. There ARE Things we can do if we get organized and start doing them. Medical transcription may or may not be a dying field (by the way in case you haven't caught on yet, VR is not about the future, VR is never going to work except for a very small select group of dictators who have "the gift of gab." The dirty little secret is that is just a way to force us to transcribe for less than half of what we are making now, and we just need to get a judge to see it way, or as a union we can force the issue in some other way.

Don't let the fact that you don't work for Nuance stop you from pushing for all of us getting together, forming a trade association/union on a national level and doing something about this, and doing it in such a way that our jobs do not go to India. We can be smart about that.

Now these ideas are just off the top of my head, they are not necessarily particularly smart or workable, it is just a start. But there is a lot of brain power out there. So put your thinking caps on and figure it what to do, and how to do it.

We can improve our lot in life.
Playing the devil's advocate here - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
How can a union work in this environment. For instance, I live in a right to work state and unions, while can be formed, have no bargining rights. Just kind of curious with the push to end unions, how it works across the various state lines. Also, again, the minute they have a hint of a union, MModal, for sure will move all ops overseas, what is to stop them? it is all about money, and they already have a major operation over there. Boils down to a push of a button and everything will be routed that way. For the companies that refuse to outsource we would have a chance, there are plenty of them for now. But mmodal is slowly dominating the field and buying them out.
I think what it really boils down to is - good worker
[ In Reply To ..]
if their clients will tolerate all work coming from India. The only reason it has not all been sent there is because the clients do not wish it to be so.
Comes down to money - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
In the end that it the bottom line. Obamacare is cutting what the doctors make, they will be cutting their outlay of money every way they can, starting with that which causes the least problems, transcription. They will allow it overseas guaranteed when the almighty dollar sign comes into play, not that I blame them, just saying. There is a REASON whey these companies are partially moving overseas, if there wasn't they wouldn't be doing it. Profit and a glimpse at the future

I'm delighted - seriously - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
definitely okay with me. I am a labor advocate, and I am very glad you received this email. I wish others had better access and understanding of what their right are.
Delighted? - Seriously?
[ In Reply To ..]
What region is the "worm" in. Didn't reply to the post asking that? Just rambles on and on about lawyers, labor board, etc. Why hasn't anyone contacted the labor board regarding M*M's policies about NJA, etc? I frankly don't buy into any of this!
your reading comprehension is not very good - turning worm
[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe you have been doing too much ASR and you no longer are able to comprehend the actual print in front of your eyes because your brain has associated too much gibberish with the written word! As I have stated before, The TCM that sent the e-mail is Lori Clarke. The region is south. Other posters have confirmed that they too got the e-mail. What more do you want? Or are you management attempting to discredit me?
Huh? - What is this about if NOT NJA???
[ In Reply To ..]
You say, "Why hasn't anyone contacted the labor board regarding M*M's policies about NJA, etc?"

What am I missing here? It seems to me that the whole issue is PRECISELY about NJA. That's when people are spending unpaid hours chained to their computers -- when they get NJA!
You are missing that her reply was about - what region she was in.
[ In Reply To ..]
The poster stated that the worm had never said what region she was in when, in fact, she had stated it earlier. That's what you are missing. HTH
why don't you contact the labor board regarding NJA? - nm
[ In Reply To ..]

Sounds like a rabble rouser - Trying to go her way or something-hmmmm

[ In Reply To ..]
This just sounds too much like someone trying to scoop people up to "petition" for change. You all go ahead, I'll pass. I am not going to go against company policy for a rabble rouser with a big idea.

Company policy supercedes rabble rousing. This whole thing almost sounds like an ambulance chaser type of thing.

We all have the employee rules at our fingertips, and unless that changes, don't be messing around with "experiments." Not saying MM is always completely on the up-and-up, but they do have control over their own rules within the legal guidelines, and I'll be darned---if we all mess with this, it will not be in our best interests.

Let me know how much money you made in the pyramid scheme in the 1970's-1980's.

rabble rousing - turning worm

[ In Reply To ..]
Well, all I can say in response, Mr./Ms./Mrs. MModal Suit Man, is that M-Modal should be more cautious in how they word their e-mails, because we rabble rousers are always always always looking for ways we can improve the lot of our fellow downtrodden rabble, not to mention ourselves.

Guess what? You can't worm your way out of this AND YOU KNOW IT! You blew it! In fact disparaging remarks are the only weapon you have in your arsenal.

THANK YOU, Turning Worm - For posting this! (see msg)

[ In Reply To ..]
Especially considering that you probably went into it with a very good idea of the defeatism, negativity, and (from management) downright misrepresentation that you'd encounter in doing so.

Speaking as someone with a law background (from before I became an MT), I think you're absolutely correct in your interpretation. I've wondered for quite a while just how these MTSOs were getting away with this.

Thanks for having the guts to stand up to them and the intelligence to recognize it when they finally slipped up and made the hypocrisy and illegality of their policies irrefutable! More power to you!
Lawyering MT - turning worm
[ In Reply To ..]
I wonder if you are the very very smart MT I used to work with, who went to law school and did not finish due to ill health, from way back when but would have been a superb litigator.
Nope, not the same one -- - But thx for the comparison! (nm)
[ In Reply To ..]
X

She pretty much has to do what her boss - told her to do

[ In Reply To ..]
Company policy says clock out after 15 minutes of NJA, etc., but her boss has told her to sit through her entire shift, none of this punching in and out or she will be fired. Now honestly, what would you do?

Unfortunately they have a no work documented - policy so your scenarior is flawed.

[ In Reply To ..]
If there were no actual written policy, might work, but I suspect they will dispute your claims with their written policy.

Correction, they HAD a no work documented policy - turning worm

[ In Reply To ..]
They now have a policy, whether they intended it or not, that states that if you are not at your computer and present for each and every shift, your entire shift, you will be faced with termination. So you need to be sure that you are at your computer on time, you are logged into everything for your entire shift, so they can't say that you left the system. You need to show that you are present and prepared to work. If they don't provide work for you, that is their problem, they are REQUIRING you to be there, so you must be paid and if you are not, there are legal consequences for them. If they were smart they would just, as of this pay period start doing so it would end up costing them a whole lot less in the long run, but they think they can snow you and a whole lot of other people, and they can get away with it. If is your TCM, then you got the e-mail, so print it out, take it to your family lawyer and ask her about it. I hope you do that. You deserve to be paid decently for the work that you do.

It sounds like you are right - see message

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree with you, but I think your TSM has made a grave error. She can't just change company policy on a whim.
let me add - one other thing
[ In Reply To ..]
I think I'd email her and say something like "But what happens if there is no work on my shift?" and then be sure to save that reply as well!
Why do you people come on here and complain - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
And EVERY TIME, someone posts something that could actually help you go on a rant and try and rip them apart.. The world is not out to get you, some of us actually give a darn about our jobs, and are trying to keep them. And more importantly make the company responsible for some shady business practices. I just don't understand. Rip away, I am sure I am the next target now.
reply - molleycat
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not trying to rip up anybody for their opinion. that being said, this sounds like the April 1st thingy where we were all going to lose our jobs because the company was folding. I don't know where she got her e-mail from. She says she works in the South region. Well I also work in the south region and I haven't gotten e-mail about this other than my TCM stating the company policy is you wait 15 minutes and if no work, then put in a remedy ticket and clock out. Either you can take time off (PTA), make it up later or just take it off without pay. I asked my TCM again about and she said that was company policy. Now, I'm not going to say that OP did not receive the mail. Don't know, can't see her e-mail. However, she needs to take care of her problems and not involve us. All of us have our own problems, we don't need to be sucked into someone else's.
That being the case - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Then read it, ignore it, and move on. Maybe it is for real. And maybe she has got some other people with the same emai. I know way back when they started that stupid time clock thing and put me on a schedule, that is what they told me to do. Right up until I said, well then if I have to sit here, you have to pay me. Maybe a TSM made a mistake, it will be a costly one. Unless she retracts it real quick, which legally she can do also.
see inside - see inside
[ In Reply To ..]
she did get the email. She even names her TSM, which you know we aren't supposed to do and it will probably be deleted by the end of the day, but she's not making this up.
I didn't think I was ripping anybody - in fact
[ In Reply To ..]
I said she was correct, that her TSM made a grave error, and that she should followup with a what if email to help bolster her case.
Maybe not you.. - sorry sm
[ In Reply To ..]
if you took it as only you...It was more of a generalized statement. There were people ripping her apart though.

This is obviously a TSM issue. Our region at the - holiday received by an

[ In Reply To ..]
obviously inexperienced TSM a pretty stern email that stated you are to sit and wait (but log out if now work) and monitor the system for your whole shift. This was Thanksgiving and Christmas. The TSM was removed from the position shortly after (coincidence or ?).
So, before you have everyone sitting and expecting to be paid for wait time, this is a TSM issue because not everyone received an email directive to do what you are describing. Just saying.
and I think that's what turning worm said - if you got the email
[ In Reply To ..]
not everyone got it. If you are in her TSM's group, you got it. I don't think she is telling everyone who works for MM to do this, just those who got the email

Good news for M-Modalers - KyraK

[ In Reply To ..]
Hey - don't forget to also tell the Labor Dept about that program MModal has called First Time Right. If you send more than 300 lines per pay period to your QA people, they lower the rest of your cpl 2 more cents below what you already make. I've had that happen so many times that I am now on food stamps at age 60! :(

It's actually lowered 3cpl - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

[ In Reply To ..]
My cpl gets lowered to 3 cents! :(

I stopped sending reports to QA for that very reason. - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
No way am I getting my pay docked for typing these rotten dictators who shouldn't be allowed to dictate in the first place. They jeopardize patient care with their gibberish. They cannot speak clear English and garbage in gets garbage out!

[ In Reply To ..]
Good for you! I do the same when able.

Food stamps at 60 - Turning Worm

[ In Reply To ..]
and age 60 you are truly seasoned MT, someone who knows everything and heard it all, you should be respected value and even venerated for all of your knowledge, you should be earning top dollar. (I am considering filing for food stamps as well.)

[ In Reply To ..]
It's the truth! I'm on foodstamps! I have 30+ years MT experience too and I'm on foodstamps! When you go to the Labor Board, please include the First Time Right program that penalizes your pay per line for sending reports to QA. I am considering going to my state's Labor Dept as well. :(
I understand exactly how you feel - turning worm
[ In Reply To ..]
There is a reason for my "nom de plume."

I hope a lot of other worms start to turn as well. It will do us a lot of good. We don't need these MTSOs, the fact is they need us.

This kind of stuff really can only be effectively stopped IF we organize and put a stop to it. If there are enough of us who are mad enough and humiliated enough by this disgraceful and sad poverty we have been forced to live in despite our skills and our hard work, we can drag the rest up with us. We just need to reach a critical mass.
Response to Good news for M-Modalers - KyraK
[ In Reply To ..]
After 30 years of doing MT, I quite frankly am tired and worn out. MT is not what it used to be and probably never will be again. You rarely see a job offer for working in a medical records setting of a hospital, or in a doctor's office setting. 99.9% of job ads are for outsource companies. In a few years when I reach social security age, if SS is still there, I hope I can make a lot more from that than I do now working for 7 cpl, lowered down to 4 cpl when I send stuff to QA! Even the accounts with mandatory QA get held against me. How I'm going to prove all that to the Labor Dept, I have no idea.

Similar Messages:

Transolutions--applied And Tested--no News Good News? Anyone Else Heard? Nm
Mar 10, 2011

nm ...

Good News!
Apr 05, 2011

McDonald's adding 50,000 new jobs!  Yay!  ...

Possible Good News
Mar 19, 2014

I interviewed for a job at a local, major hospital.  It was interesting to learn that the HIM department is in the process of bringing transcription back in house, at least partially.  It was claimed that their transcription company was not doing a satisfactory job.  This might be good news my MT friends.  Maybe this will be a trend?   I'm certainly hoping so and I mentioned how excited I was about the possibility of in-house transcription jobs being available in th ...

Any Good News For The Future Of MT?
Dec 07, 2009

I've been following the MT boards and what I mostly read are MTs complaining about losing jobs, lower pay scales, outsourcing, offshoring, voice recognition, electronic records, and other technology enhancements that seem to be putting MTs out of work.  Is there any future for the MT profession?  Is there any good news or is this profession going the way of the buggy whip?  I would certainly like to read some good news about the future prospects of MT. Thanks Hopeful in Hob ...

Good News About Precyse?
Sep 09, 2010

I applied at Precyse and passed the test. Can someone give me the lowdown? How are the pay and benefits? Is management alright? Any recent updates would be helpful. Thank you! ...

Hopefully Good News For The MT World!!
Mar 31, 2011

So I was at a local clinic today that had switched over to a dropdown menu system and templates for their doctors a couple years ago and had laid off their transcriptionists and the doctor was just typing away in his template and of course I had to mention how as a medical transcriptionist this really bothered me.  He told me that many of the doctors there were unhappy with the new system and had gone back to dictating and that they were more than likely going to be hiring transcriptionists ...

Nuance What's The Good News?
Apr 12, 2013

I really appreciate all the replies, good and bad.  I guess the good new is we the displaced have time on our sides in that we have 58 days to make a decision about our future employment, I believe the union did get us that.  I'm definitely going to look at other companies, possibly independent contractor positions.  There are some leaving who have kids/families they are supporting, I am 59, only support myself so I have that at least.  Appreciate MTStars board. ...

Nuance - What's The Good News?
Apr 11, 2013

We got the news yesterday, offered jobs at Nuance doing our same doctors.  I understand we have to clock in, and will now have to pay for insurance, internet not reimbursed, less pay, very large company.  We work on Escription with small amount of straight typing. They say will transfer our seniority, etc.  I have read on this board in the past that thngs may start out well but don't neccesarrily stay that way, things go downhill.  I would love hear from someone who works there and like ...

Keystrokes - Any Good News On Them?
May 07, 2013

I've actually worked for them in the past, horrible experience with my team lead - who sucked, and my account, which was an overflow account - which they didn't tell me when they hired me.  So needless to say, I sat most of the time without work.  So I didn't last long there, as we obviously need work to make money.  I'm looking for an employee position, as I'm sick of owing taxes as an IC.  Do they have straight typing there or is it mostly VR?   ...

Good News! Smartype Is Back!
Feb 18, 2012

I'm so happy there is a new version of Smartype that has been released. It now works with newer versions of Word, i.e. Word 2007 and 2010 and works with other software including Outlook. It's even better than the original. I was using the old version of Smartype even though it had glitches when working with Word 2003. You can try it before you buy it, a definite plus. I highly recommend downloading this software. To me, it is a must for the medical transcriptionist to boost productivit ...

Any News, Good Or Bad, About Working For Proscript
Jul 19, 2012

. ...

Ran Into A Trauma Nurse Yesterday This Isn't Good News
Mar 31, 2013

Of course we start talking about everything. Well my local hospital surgeons no longer dictate. Their medical students follow them around and are in charge of keeping track of everything and then later going in and entering it in the computer. This is a HUGE group of hospitals and I am sure impacts a lot of us. Also, my local doctors have begun bringing their computers into the room when your in for whatever, and doing the paperwork right there, on your dime or the insurance companies dime, ...

Big ASR News
Jan 27, 2010

I opened a ticket yesterday for ASR, asking them to have H and H expand out to hemoglobin and hematocrit for my account, and less than 24 hours I got a message saying it was done! Unbelievable.    Seems crazy we would all have to do this, but if we all do this, maybe some positive change could actually come.    I gave them the account, an internal job number, and my contact number and just stated what the problem was.  My understanding is this was corrected for this ...

More Bad News For MQ MT/MEs
Jan 29, 2010

I got the below link from my MQ Google Alert.  If Speris tanks, there's gonna be a ton of MQs scrambling for jobs.  I'm sure the Q will see this as the perfect opportunity to cut our salaries again as we fear for our jobs. http://nashville.bizjournals.com/nashville/stories/2010/02/01/story1.html?b=1265000400%5E2811471 ...

I've Got News For Everyone
Jul 10, 2011

Most of the companies are paying 8 cpl for transcription and 4 cpl for editing.  MQ is not going to stop until they reach that rate even though they may do it gradually as they have been doing. ...

ST MTs, Any News Yet??
Jun 07, 2012

Has anyone heard anything further about the work (or lack of) situation?  Was really low this pay period. ...

CCS News
Sep 02, 2012

Check out the new eligibility requirements for sitting for the CCS that will go into effect on January 1, 2013.  No longer just a high school diploma.  : http://www.ahima.org/downloads/pdfs/certification/Candidate_Guide.pdf   ...

ANY NEWS
Jul 07, 2013

Curious. ...

Fox News And TAA
Aug 29, 2013

Fox News just did a segment on TAA cons/pros... but I missed most of it... anyone see it and have input? ...

TT News
Oct 29, 2014

Any opinions on the news today of office closing? Not many were named as being shifted to working at home. I hope that doesn't mean everyone else was let go. ...

Can Anyone Recommend A Good Workstation With A Good Pullout Keyboard Tray
Dec 04, 2014

that is wide enough for a wrist rest.  This needs to be in my bedroom so cant be too huge.  I like the tower off the floor also.  Thanks.  ...

2014 - Not A Good Year For This MT â But I Found A Good Fit (finally)
Jan 12, 2015

Rarely do I start discussion on mtstars - however, 2014 was a particularly challenging year for myself - an experienced MT/Editor (15+ years). However, I realize that many other MTs may be in the same position, i.e., having many years devoted to working at the Big MTSOs including âthe M,â and âthe Nâ and (now to be included) âthe Tâ following close behind in total numbers of MT/Editors on staff. (Hint: Sure most of you know the M, the N and the T - and the names have been int ...

Transcend/MDI News?
Nov 04, 2009

Does anyone know if there is another conference call scheduled soon?  I have not received notification, but it seems there should have been another scheduled for today if they are still doing the every-other-week thing as the last one was 2 weeks ago today.  Also, didn't they say packets would be distributed the first week of November?  ...

Sad News From Vermont
May 26, 2010

http://www.timesargus.com/article/20100526/NEWS02/5260344/1003/NEWS02 Now our job pool is going to get smaller.   :( ...

More India News
Jul 24, 2010

Good morning, In your browser type in india.com and you will get "The Economic Times", one of India's newspapers.  Interesting.  What is even more interesting is to put in CBay up in the search bar (top right side) and watch what comes up.  More information on CBay, but from India's newspaper perspective.  Interesting to say the least.  Always good to get an objective opinion!!  ...

Any News On Acusis?
Aug 08, 2010

Any news on Acusis? I am just wondering if they are worth testing for. ...

WHEN Will We Get News About Changes At Webmedx?
Jul 05, 2011

This whole thing makes absolutely zero sense to me. Webmedx has 500+ employees, right? What management is going to make an announcement regarding a publicly traded company and then tell employees not to talk? I would think announcing changes like that would put them at risk of actually influencing the stock. And they have to know it's ridiculous to think that many people are going to keep the announcement confidential. To me, it seems extremely irresponsible of Webmedx any way I look at it ...

More MQ News Hot Off The Presses....sm
Sep 20, 2011

http://nashvillepost.com/news/2011/9/20/medquist_pops_on_california_contract ...

Great News For Me!
Jun 29, 2012

My hospital, which we were told in February was going to be outsourcing all of our work to Nuance, backed off and we were informed today that we'll all still continue to be employed!!!!  Oh, Happy Day!  I'm one of the last MTs in the country that still gets paid well, and I was sweating it! ...

Seems Like There's Been More Bad News This Week
Aug 03, 2012

hospitals going to Epic or outsourcing, and MTSOs pulling the plug on their employees.  Am I right?  I wonder if this thing isn't starting to snowball. ...