A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Figures, no work, no surprises here.......new CCM... - Kiki

Posted: Jun 23, 2010

Didn't have NJA too much (but regularly) BEFORE this CCM switch.  But old CCM said that new CCM is bringing 3 more accounts with her so it should even less likely that we get NJA.  What happens?  As soon as new CCM arrives suddenly there is LESS work.  Nothing but NJA as soon as I sign on.  Before it would at least take until several hours into my shift. 

Well, I hope they want to keep paying me the work availability rate.  I'm in CA.  They have to pay me if no work.  Unfortunately, it's only a max of 4 hours per day that you can get; I work FT.  But I'll keep making them pay that until they either give me work or let me go.  I'm not quitting.  You hear that MQ?  If you are reading this.....if you don't want to give me work, lay me off (or even fire me...come on...you can invent any reason)...I can still get unemployment.  Skeevy cretins......

CCM-Short response - Adios

[ In Reply To ..]
I was crazy enough to e-mail my new CCM and ask why suddenly my primary had no account and backups had very little, even on second shift. Got a very short response saying nothing has changed.

I wasn't accusing her. Just want to know why suddenly my primary has next to nothing. I was even crazier and sent a second e-mail. Another short response with math done for me. Hard to tell in an e-mail, but her response felt very cold.

ASR posts moved yesterday, new CCMs, new everything. Not feeling warm and cozy around here to say the least.

Please let the economy improve so I can get out of here. Out of MT/ME altogether now that MQ owns the industry.

at least you get work availability rate- not for me - NE MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I get the lucky priviledge of using PTO or making up the hours- FT here too and I don't have the option of not working. Apparently my state doesn't stick up for me like yours does. Oh yeah, and my primary which always had lots of work is now barely a trickle. I sent a couple emails to the 3rd new CCM in as many weeks and got the typical management BS- slow work right now, just do your best to get in hours. Something just doesn't feel right- maybe it is time to look harder

Well, there are "catches" I have found to getting - Kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
paid that rate. First, it's max 4 hours in a day. The rest you do have to make up (as we know this is usually impossible), then I have to request it usually several times before I see it finally being paid. THEN, I have to listen to my CCM saying, if you have to keep requesting work avail rate, you should change your hours. ARGH. They SO do not want to pay that. Well, finally they scrambled and got me work, of course, some crazy accounts never heard of with all different CPs...Oh thanks now I can make half or less of what I normally do, so they don't have to pay me avail rate after all. You can be sure that with all this unfamiliar work being thrown at me, I'll make a mistake....they will catch it and will they fire me? Heck no!!! Even if I made a bunch of critical errors, they wouldn't fire me....they would, however, put me on 100% QA so they can pay me less........which is what they wanted all along......I can play this game as long as they can....I'd rather get unemployment than make minimum wage doing their crap work.....

What they probably didn't tell you about was - dnr

[ In Reply To ..]
the CCM probably brought her transcriptionists with her too, so now everyone can have NJA. Plus some former Spheris MTs came along with the change too. Ever since the addition of Spheris to CB/MQ's collection of companies, work has been nothing to practically nothing. I would sure like to see the hospitals' census so I could see for myself if the dictation is down.

Not sure it was the Spheris addition - Because

[ In Reply To ..]
My team was transplanted from Spheris and our work load almost immediately went in the toilet -- without adding workers. Went from 60+ hours a week to sitting around waiting for jobs.

Don't blame us - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm so tired of getting blamed for MQ MTs having NJA. I've been reading this board since February, when it was announced that MQ *might* buy Spheris out, and there were MTs from MQ complaining THEN about NJA, so you can't tell me that since the day we were actually bought, miraculously, all your jobs are now gone because of us Spheris MTs. It started before we got here. I read posts by MQ MTs that couldn't wait til Spheris accounts came over so "maybe they could finally have some work". (apparently not worried about what Spheris MTs were gonna to do for work) I have worked for Spheris for 6 years, and I'm still working for my same 3 accounts I have had since the day I started, nothing's changed, and for the last 3 days, I have had very little work. Maybe we should start blaming MQ MTs for taking OUR jobs. There was a poster on another thread from MQ, just SURE she was typing on a Spheris account.

I don't know what is happening to all the work (yours or ours), especially since I've read that more than a few long-time MTs have been let go, and for that I'm sorry, but I have also read that MQ is hiring new ones, too, some of which have posted here. AND I'm sure all the newbies they have hired aren't on this board, so who knows how many there actually are? Maybe it's going overseas already? I wish I knew the answer, and maybe I would know the answer to why all of our accounts are slow. I do know that I'm tired of getting the blame for MQ MTs having no work. Enough already.

blame - nan

[ In Reply To ..]
I am with MQ. I don't blame the Spheris workers. I also don't believe most of the people on this board are blaming the worker from Spheris directly. To me, the blame lies with all our work, both yours and ours, going to India. I mean they are not bashful about letting us know that is where our work is going. The employees that are making higher wages are being phased out and newbies brought in to cover until they can get set up in India. They are spreading us out through the regions which is causing all of us not to have work. To me, both the MQ employees and the Spheris employees are victims of company greed and we are all being screwed. I think everyone is just frustrated and lashing out at everyone. I guess we all are just getting scared and lashing out at each other. This is normal human behavior when we are pinned in a corner. I certainly don't know the answer. The economy is horrible and getting worse every day. We older folks are not having much luck finding other work and just have to tolerate this until they let us go. I, like everyone, am just trying to take it a day at a time. I guess all we can do is believe that whatever higher power you believe in will watch out for you and just keep trying. Good luck to all of us.

I'm the MQ MT who thought - I was working on a Spheris acct

[ In Reply To ..]
I am in no way blaming any of the Spheris employees for anything. I am sorry if you took it that way. I was just trying to figure out where this new account came from. I only blame the management of MQ for leading the pack in the industry and for the unethical treatment of employees. Yes, I think you are right. I think they had some of your accounts already set up to go to India as soon as the merger took place:(

How about outsourcing? It is what has been - happening to

[ In Reply To ..]
transcription work for years now -- MQ and Spheris.
outsourcing? work is outsourced to all MTSO ... - do you mean Offshoring?
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Sorry, we even had this same discussion a - couple of weeks ago!
[ In Reply To ..]
Offshoring -- not outsourcing. We'd be in trouble without outsourcing (or we'd all still be working at a hospital with a nice office, bonuses, cafeteria, gym, parking garage, office parties, and benefits).

well if you have read this board at all in the past 2 years, - that should give you insight. N/M

[ In Reply To ..]
N/M

Similar Messages:

Did My XP To Windows 7 Upgrade Yesterday = Couple Surprises
Aug 20, 2014

First, I had assumed that a Microsoft Word/Office Starter would be included -- it's not. I'd never done an upgrade before (late adopter/new machines) so that was an unwelcome surprise. I found Notepad and Wordpad under asscessories (and StickyNotes) but initially thought I had no word procesising at all. The Windows 7 OEM Home Edition came with IE8 (with Bing and other trash annoyances) but did not come with Hotmail/Outlook which had to be downloaded. Along with Opera which I use on ...

Figures, After A Few Straight Weeks Of Nothing
May 27, 2010

but accounts in my own BOB, I started getting ALL non-BOB today even though apparently there was plenty of work on my primary.  So I though, hmmmm, I bet I'm getting audited....sure enough......I looked in statistics and I WAS.  Surprise!!! --- after 6 audited reports (very difficult, unfamiliar ESLs and new-to-me work types) I have a score of 97.7%.  I guess I failed my second audit.  That makes me so bleeping mad!!!  So, does this mean I will go on 100% QA immedi ...

Payroll Email ...figures (sm)
Dec 02, 2010

Earning and deduction code chart shows "BNSUP" - Production bonus for CORPORATE employees .... nice. This greedy, immoral place sickens me to my stomach. ...

Maybe MM Figures They Might Be Paying UE Anyway To Employees,
Feb 27, 2013

the time they will be paying UE.  If they fire ya, eventually UE will run out.  If they keep you as an employee, UE could go on a long time, on and off.  Maybe this says nothing good about the overall work situation, if they are willing to let MTs go.  It means TAT is easier to meet with fewer MTs and if they are willing to pay UE to ex-employees, tells me they know they will never have need of them again and eventually UE will run out. ...

M*Modal Collaborative Intelligence=Stick Figures
Feb 16, 2012

That sounds about as intelligent as they get... ...

Inactive Time Figures For ASR Have Been Really Strange During The Past 2 Days.
May 06, 2013

nm ...

Figures! CCM Says We Are Going To Be "regrouped" So
Nov 09, 2009

we will stay on our primary accounts more often.  Sure enough, the day after this happens the OPPOSITE happens; I now am constantly bouncing all over.  I thought the docs on MY accounts were bad enough until I'm getting these!  OMG!  And not all of them are ESL, eitehr.  They are so ridiculous it's not even FUNNY.  In fact, I have never had so many evil fantasies in my life!  Here's one of them...ENJOY......   So I have rounded up ALL of t ...