A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Dazzling stupid 6.1 drawing extended - Could ya all please download

Posted: Sep 13, 2010

They are not even giving a date... just waiting for everyone to have the opportunity.   Could those of you just sitting there waiting for someone to force you just download the program and use it already.  Some of us are inpatient!

DQ6.1 - terr

[ In Reply To ..]
Hee hee hee. I am outpatient myself...cuz they can't find me. Actually I have done the upgrade and it was relatively painless, especially compared to my other company that is trying to switch over to TF....now there's a nightmare.

"some of us are inpatient" lol - that just funny

[ In Reply To ..]
I am very impatient and about to be an inpatient after dealing with slow 6.1 all day. I know it works fine for some people but for me it is slow. Slow upload/download, slow name search, slow everything. Does not play well with other programs. Or maybe it's MQ's old PC...

Why would they extend it??? - We have to follow their rules!!

[ In Reply To ..]
Why can't they stick to their own conditions??? Did they really think having a contest would make EVERYONE download by 09/06??? By extending the contest, the chances of those of us who did download and did abide by the contest rules will be more slim than before.

because FTR doesn't apply to them - NJA Queen

[ In Reply To ..]
This whole 6.1 experience has been a lesson how not to get things First Time Right- the training was inadequate, some people had a hard time even getting info from their CCMs on how to download, the download process itself and now the glitches within 6.1.

Yes I truly believe MQ thought throwing gift card crumbs out would incite everyone to upgrade and now MQ has successfully enabled a way out of paying anyone any money. It is my belief that they will extend the contest and just never pay anything out. Because by then then some new hair-brained scheme (like FTR or elimination of bonuses) will be hatched and we will be angry and complaining about that and forget about the gift cards. It is all part of their evil plan.

Never won anything anyway - Sunflower

[ In Reply To ..]
I have never won anything for any contest they have had anyway and really did not expect my name to be picked out of a hat or however they do it, but to outright change the conditions is deplorable, but not "shockingly" deplorable, just plain deplorable!!

Since we don't know all who work here - Ghost MT

[ In Reply To ..]
They'll just make a list of names of non-existant MTs that have won their prizes. Then we can't complain, right?

6.1 drawing extention - MTr

[ In Reply To ..]
Now, it will be even harder to win. There were a lot of MTs having problems upgrading. So, now instead of having only the earlybirds in the drawing, everyone will be in it; hence, harder to win.

I think it was unfair to those of us who did it in a timely manner - NCMT - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
xxxxx

agree, we took the chance on getting bugs and didn't sit back and wait! nm - sereneone

[ In Reply To ..]

no one put a gun to your head to do this "in a timely manner" - L&L

[ In Reply To ..]
We weren't given a deadline.

Those of us who have been here knew there would be problems.

Some of us have equipment issues.

I cannot believe you seriously care about their stupid drawings. I make it a point NEVER to participate in them. They are insulting, like throwing out little crumbs for the peons to grab at.
goody for you, not the point of the post, MQ changing the rules again when they were quite clear in - sereneone
[ In Reply To ..]
I, as well as others, took the time to do it, as well the chance on doing it KNOWING that there would probably be bugs. And BTW, I've been here (MQ)for 10+ years. I probably won't win, although would be nice, but I don't feel I or anyone else should have to compete with those that were too lazy, too worried about having to deal with bugs, just don't want to do it until they are made to, those on vacation, or even that had equipment problems. Stuff happens, has happened to me before and I didn't whine about getting left out of a contest/bonus. The contest was done for those who chose to "upgrade" promptly and it should have been left that way!
YEAH!! I second that. - sick o slackers
[ In Reply To ..]
There are several people on her posting on how they will not do it until forced! This is crazy!

The only ones that should be allowed to enter late are those that did the videos but were waiting for their CCMs to e-mail instructions on how to download!!!
Agreed. I did the training and upgrade - as instructed.
[ In Reply To ..]
Now my chances will be even more limited because people are "scared" of 6.1.

It is very unfair.

Crumbs to buy groceries with....sm - Tink
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm totally not flaming you or anything, but just making the point that while the drawings may be insulting or whatever, I'm sure there are a lot of people that could really use a $400 Wal-Mart gift card (forget the TV...who's got time to watch it??). I know I wouldn't complain if I won....we've got a really big family, and besides just general groceries, it seems like one of the kids always needs new shoes or jeans as they are always growing a few inches every time you turn around, and of course the hand-me-downs from the other kids are either too worn or not quite the right size/right season, so a WM card would be great. I know there are a ton of people out there who are a whole lot worse off that could certainly use a WM card for groceries or some other much-needed stuff. If you need to take care of your family, you'll settle for "insulting crumbs" sometimes.

BTW, just my POV, I'm kind of glad they extended the deadline for the people who had problems with the download or their CCM not getting back with them in time (and yes, I did my upgrade before the deadline). There are a lot of financially hurting people on these boards, so I think this was actually a pretty fair thing of MQ to do in view of all of the technical problems and stuff that people had to deal with.

As far as the people who are just holding out because they are scared, it is not that much different than before, and the auto-numbering is really nice. The longer you think about it and wait, the worse you make it mentally....just like a shot or something!! =)
they should give us all gift cards - NJA Queen
[ In Reply To ..]
Just saying this whole thing has been a headache and the paid training time was definitely not enough to cover all that needed to be learned. A gift card for everyone would be a nice touch- ain't gonna happen, but it would go a long way to smooth the waters. While I still consider the drawing and gift cards a bribe we all could spend the money easily especially with Christmas coming up. For once instead of cutting our pay they could actually give us money- what a concept!
I agree!! =) nm - Tink
[ In Reply To ..]
All I want from an employer is a salary...not stupid gimmick - L&L
[ In Reply To ..]
games that maybe a few people might benefit from. If you NEED to win something from MQ to get by, I feel very sorry for you. You'd be probably have better luck buying a lottery ticket. If the point of all this is that MQ is "changing the rules" get used to it. Doesn't the idea that they have to bribe you to do something make you a little suspicious of how it might turn out?

Anyone sending this questions to support? - Give them link to here to read

[ In Reply To ..]
Let them read how some people are not wanting to or are waiting to be forced. Maybe then they will just close or forget it.

I would rather no-one win than someone who waited on purpose and they still get entered and possibly win.

This place sucks.

I think it was unfair - whatever

[ In Reply To ..]
I for one did take the classes and download in a timely fashion. However, when I went to use it, it wouldn't let me login. There have been 3 different techs who tried to make it work and couldn't---so, they are sending me a new computer. It was so bad they had me go back to the old program. Then another tech tried downloading 6.1 and not only did it not work but they lost my old program and can't get it to reload either and now I can't work at all while I wait for a new computer. Why do you assume that anyone who wasn't using 6.1 by midnight on the 6th was just too lazy to have done it in a timely fashion? I think I deserve a prize just for the hell(o) they have put me through not to mention being unable to work.

There are people saying they will not download - until they are forced to do so.

[ In Reply To ..]
Therefore, MQ has extended the drawing deadline.

"Dazzling." Really, dazzling? - WTH

[ In Reply To ..]
Why did they even offer an incentive to quickly download by a certain date? Why the rush? Why not just make it mandatory to have it downloaded? I just don't understand why they had to offer an incentive in the first place. Then their choice of words, calling the extension Dazzling. Oh, brother. I agree it IS like throwing crumbs to the poor masses, making us go for each other's throats to get a crumb. Do they really think we are smiling idiots, waving the Q flag with every moronic e-mail they send us?

my CCM said the real prize was 6.1 - NJA Queen

[ In Reply To ..]
Together we can throw up a little bit- we are not stupid! Oh and my CCM is not an MT so what corporate kool-aid are they passing around?

I just threw up in my mouth. - Gotta be kidding.

[ In Reply To ..]
Your CCM not being an MT explains it. My CCM is an MT. She does back all the new changes of MQ, but I can tell she feels what we feel, but is just playing the role she's getting paid for. I guess I can't blame her, but I'm sure she'd never say 6.1 is the real gem. How can you work under someone who acts like that? Unbelievable how people will sell their souls for money. Why can't they just tell the truth and not sugar-coat everything? I for one cannot be brainwashed. I'm strong enough to form my own opinions.

Similar Messages:

While Drawing UE And You Refuse A Job (sm)
Sep 24, 2010

....maybe the pay was too low, etc, etc.  If you answer the weekly question on UE - did you refuse work this week and you answer yes, what can they do?  Lower your UE, stop it altogether?  ...

Can This Stupid Company Find Anything More Stupid To Do?
Aug 29, 2013

Ugh, I never encountered this before.  I have some different accounts.  There is this INANE gender check which kicks out he or she if it is not the patient's gender.  OMG, the dumas people who have nothing better to do and set this up apparently do not realize males may have mothers or girl friends and vice versa.  I'm so sick of wasting my time fixing the worthless things they have set up to make things "easier" for us.  We'd be better off if maybe t ...

DO NOT Be Dumb Like Me.........stupid, Stupid,stupid
Jan 20, 2011

I had it all. The job I wanted through SOAP Transcription. One little thing got me fired and I don't want it to happen to any of you regardless if you're new or a veteran of the field. Most of us at home workers, with whomever we work for, have rules about the internet. That being said, I was towards the end of my shift last Sunday, and wanted to check the score of a football game. I figured it was only once, what could it hurt. Well, now I know, all too painfully.  I wasn't ...

Okay, Need Info After An Extended And Heated Discussion With QA ....
Mar 28, 2011

Should a speciality such as neurology, orthopedics, etc., be capitalized in a sentence?  Example would be ... No neurology consult has been ordered.   I am receiving conflicting information from QA.   TIA ...

Help I Am Drawing A Blank... Farasulphate? Spelling Plz! Nm
May 09, 2011

thanks! ...

Drug S/l Navelex 15 (or 50) Mg Extended Release
Jul 28, 2011

I'm having trouble finding this last drug name in a very long list of them.  It s/l navelex 15 (or 50) mg extended release, 1 tab daily.  The patient has a defibrillator for congestive heart failure, galactorrhea, and a history of a breast mass.  Any help would be greatly appreciated! ...

It's Time To Start Drawing Some Lines. Please DO NOT Apply
May 13, 2015

This is not only a reprehensible and indefensible pay scheme but it defies logic.  Why is the thumb any different from the other fingers, or the space bar any different from the other keys that have to be pressed to create a document?  In fact, if you check any table of computer character codes, you will find that THE SPACE IS A CHARACTER, complete with its own code.  The space is REQUIRED IN ORDER TO MAKE SENSE OF THE OTHER CHARACTERS. We get no respect at all from the MTSOs in ...

Ortho Word - At Which Point A Curvilinear Incision Was Extended Into The Base Of The HYPOTHENUM
May 14, 2014

Doc dictating carpal tunnel release OP note. He states "at which point a curvilinear incision was extended into the base of the HYPOTHENUM, volar aspect of right wrist." I cannot verify that "hypothenum" is actually a real word. Has anyone heard of this? Thanks. ...

Mass Extended To "temple Avada" And Duodenal Wall.
May 11, 2012

Pathology showed a pancreated head mass that extended to "temple avada" and duodenal wall.  ...

Medication - S/l "corsitin" - Drawing A Blank. TIA
Apr 28, 2010

. ...

Can They Be That Stupid?
Jun 14, 2010

They are chastizing us for making minimum wage "too often;"  can they possibly believe that after we were used to making $40,000+ a year that we have just become lazy and are happy with making minimum wage?  They don't see the irony that a job this difficult and that takes so much training and experience pays us the same as taking orders at Burger King?  I can't even wrap my head around such denseness.  Yeah, keep griping at us for making minimum wage, that ought to ...

Is ASR Getting Stupid.....er?
Oct 22, 2010

On every job I got tonight the doctors say exactly what they said in plain English... but Mr. ASR puts something different or leaves huge chunks out!  Every job!  I'm sitting here like.... really ASR?  Really???  You didn't catch the 6 words before he said "hospital" and he was speaking normal?  Is it just ASR being stupid or is this the MASTER PLAN of MQ? ...

I'm Sorry, This May Be Stupid..
Oct 01, 2011

This is something that has been bothering me. I feel stupid asking, but since it's rather important, I ask.   cpl   Currently, I am making 0.083 per line typed. I see people stating things like 7 cpl or .8 cpl. Does that equate to 7.0 per lined type (seems crazy!) and 0.8 per line typed? I'm currently being offered incentive pay for working on my days off. They stated 0.5 cpl extra per line typed. Since I have to enter my own pay and production, I'm just confused a ...

What's Up With This Stupid
Mar 03, 2014

For the last week or so, every time I try to read a thread on this site, the U-Verse ad throws me to the bottom of the page and back up about a dozen times.  I can't make sense of any of the postings.  I've tried opting out and changing my settings on "Tools," but it keeps coming back.  Help!!!!   ...

I Don't Mean To Be Stupid But
Aug 22, 2014

Did any of you get an email from MModal or your TSM on how to change your company code in Fluency Manager so that it would reflect the new code and allow you access to DEP?  Did your TSM have you check this and check for your expansions before the go live?  I can still access the DEP portion of Fluency and perform searches, see backlog, all the same functions I had before.  No one said anything about restricting our access.  She had us make the changes and test it before the ...

Oh Joy - Just Got NJA - SO STUPID!!
Mar 24, 2015

X ...

This Might Be A Stupid Question But.....
Sep 29, 2010

Is transcribing Acute Care notes that much different than clinical notes?  I currently transcribe for a family practice and gastro docs who do colonoscopies and minor procedures and have typed for oncologists and cardiologists, gyns, ophthalmologists.  Can it really be that much different?  I'm asking because I think I could do it. I am a fairly quick learner and have a good grasp of terminology and worked in a rehab hospital and was exposed to a lot of H&P, discharge sum ...

Feeling Stupid
Apr 05, 2011

Looking at an ad that says "Required skills are transcribing 1000 HIM lines (65 character lines) or 2000 MI lines per day."  Is there anyone who can translate HIM and MI for me?  Pretty sure HIM is standard transcription and thinking MI is somehow related to VR, but I guess I'm just too old school to understand new acronyms! ...

I'm Sure This Is A Really Stupid Question, But...
Jun 09, 2011

Does anybody ever get a raise or do we only get the amount we started at indefinitely?  Just curious.  It seems that the longer we are with a company and doing more work with better quality we would be compensated accordingly.  I'm sure that is not the case, but just wondering and kind of dreaming about maybe getting a different job where you can advance instead of go down in pay!!  Thanks. ...

Probably A Stupid Question
Nov 25, 2011

but I'll ask anyway.   I'm "old school" and think I need to give notice leaving a job, however if I accept a position elsewhere, will Medquist just cut me loose immediately the day or next day after giving notice? ...

Stupid Question About The
Nov 25, 2011

This probably sounds really dumb, but we click the "like" button on a post, is it to like the post or to like the ad choice.  Only reason I ask is on the left of "like" it says "ad choices" w/ an arrow pointing to "like."  Maybe I've had too many leftovers today. ...

For Real? ASR Really So Stupid?
Dec 21, 2011

pain foraminal valley?  Really?  After 5+ years?  deep PAIN thrombosis?  Paradoxical ambulance (embolus) Drives me absolutely nuts.  Wasn't all of this stuff supposed to be LEARNED sometime in the last decade? DocQScribe 8 of whatever is their only concern????? ...

Probably A Stupid Question, But (sm)
Jul 02, 2012

My inactive time is HUGE. I just came over from another company that was pretty bad about training. I learned DQS on my own without any help whatsoever. Are we supposed to clock out each and every time we leave the computer for more than a few seconds? I'm talking about running to the bathroom and getting a drink or answering the phone. I can't imagine what else is making all this inactive time for me, and I honestly have no idea if I'm supposed to be clocking out each and ev ...

OB/GYN (maybe Stupid) Question - Sm
Dec 05, 2012

"The patient is a 23-year-old female, gravida 4, para 3, AB 1...". Is "AB" abbreviation for "abortus" or "abortion" here?   I feel like I should know this but have slow brain syndrome right now.   Thanks in advance:) ...

Considerate Or Just Stupid? LOL!
Dec 06, 2013

I'm sort of new to this "work pool" thing where the work is shared amoung several MTs. I understand that we all need to make a buck.... as much bucks as possible, actually.  I also understand that sometimes the  work load is slim-pickin's.  When that's the case, and I know that there's a lull, I do try to be considerate and not take ALL the work that's in there.   For instance, if I see there are only say 10 or 15 jobs in a queue and there is another ...

Curious On These Stupid CC's
Jan 06, 2014

Do you all look up addresses for those CC's not in the database and create new entries? I usually leave the name and that is it ...

Might Be A Stupid Question
Apr 14, 2014

But when you wanna finally tell MModal bye-bye, who do ya tell, Human Resources on the website or your TSM?  ...

Another Stupid Question
Nov 16, 2014

I think I missed an email or something. Did anyone else get the memo on the age calculator and changing ages? I never even heard of an age calculator, someone enlighten me please. I guess I missed something in their daily deluge of useless emails? ...

Stupid Me, Does Anyone Have A Link To
Apr 19, 2015

I tried an internet search but did not come up with much of anything. I would appreciate it.  I'd like to see what they have to offer compared to a local school with an RHIM degree. ...

Omg These Stupid Games Really?
May 18, 2015

don't you torture us enough on a daily basis now we have to jump through hoops to TRY to win a gift card??? seriously??? ...