A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Any other ETrans transplants getting any work? - wannie

Posted: Dec 01, 2011

I know work is usually slower around the holidays, but I've never known it to be this slow, less than 325 lines for 6 hours. 

Same boat... - SandalDust

[ In Reply To ..]
No/low work in my 10 accounts. I was told by several different people in AS that it was due to holidays and/or unexpected bad weather in the region. Maybe so, maybe no, but it's a fact that volume has been very low for me since we were acquired.

You're being fed a line - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Nope, it's not that. Your work is either being syphoned off by dozens of other employees or being shipped off to our Indian workers. Do yourself a favor - don't believe anything Medquist tells you. I've been with them for 14 years and I've seen this happen EVERY TIME a new company gets bought. The work lasts for a bit but then after a while it gets tossed in the general bin for everyone else to work from.

Pretty soon, you guys will be tossed in the general bin too just like the rest of us and all the "primary accounts" that you used to have will be a thing of the past.

Learning.... - SandalDust

[ In Reply To ..]
Yeah, I'm getting the picture. I used to live in the region where most of my accounts are located, and it would take one heckuva snowstorm to shut things down for a week.

I also get the idea that they really don't care much who does or does not make the transition from acquired companies to MedQuist. After wading through the woefully inadequate instructions on how to create a ticket to report lack of work, about the only feedback most of us are getting is that if we continue to report lack of work they will contact us to discuss rescheduling our shifts. Reschedule to when? Stats are showing low volume round the clock!

Don't believe that - Been there

[ In Reply To ..]
I have heard excuses from spring break, doctor on vacation, bad weather, good weather, holidays, doctor is sick, patients are not as sick lately, time of year, tourists not able to travel due to economy, etc. I have been here for 9 years now and have heard eveything in the book to cover for the fact that they jobs are going overseas. Period. End of story. Sad, I know, but that's what is happening. I have serious doubts that ANY of us will have a job by the end of 2012. I can't get my degree finished fast enough so that I can get the heck out of here. Good luck to you!

Thanks! - SandalDust

[ In Reply To ..]
Good luck to you, too! I have been job hunting since early October and hope to get out of this pit soon.

This line makes me crazy. At end of year, deductible paid - down and all I know SM

[ In Reply To ..]
choose this time of year to get their elective procedures done, carpal tunnel, trigger finger release, benign cysts removed, etc. Do it now before deductible starts all over next year. To say work volume is low now is a crock.

I agree - SandalDust

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for posting this. The last quarter of the calendar year was a booming time for my in-house transcription unit for the very reason you cited. I'm just so stressed about low/no pay and rotten communication that I had forgotten how it is.

CCM told me work low because of holiday,. 3 days later, - assist CCM sent email saying SM

[ In Reply To ..]
because of holiday there was increased work load. Obviously, they dont talk much to each other, lol. But just goes to show, they just say something, anything, whatever they think will placate you, it doesnt have to make sense.

What is their ultimate goal? - SandalDust

[ In Reply To ..]
Is their goal to placate and keep us quiet or to frustrate and goad us into leaving? This will soon be a moot point for me as I am hunting for non-MT work, but for the past 8 years it seems that each successive job change in MT has been more out of my control and designed to winnow out the employees from the acquired MTSO. This is the 3rd time I've had to go through it. I've had enough.
To keep us quiet and working. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
I get the "quiet" part... - SandalDust
[ In Reply To ..]
...but the "working" isn't possible when the flow is low.

I'm generally the kind of employee who doesn't waste energy griping and just bulls through transitions, but this has been a truly toxic experience so far. We're 2 months post acquisition. Do those of you who have seen/experienced transitions here have any input on how long it takes for them to start moving new employees to their platform? From what I've read here it would be good to be gone before then.
They want us to keep working, thinking after the - holidays work will pick up. I was buy out SM
[ In Reply To ..]
and Q immediately put their ppl on the accts leaving very little for us and many left. Took 2 months for complete transition. Dont see some accts at all, they are done by OS, which you can see on Documanage. Some accts, we get the worse dictators, but I am pretty good with them. I have been told MQ doesnt expect miracles so I dont waste time on the impossible jobs. I listen, do what I can quickly and send on. I figure the facilities want the bad dr. to dictate, let them deal with that garbage. But still, on documanage easy to see OS gets the bulk of our accts, but as long as I have just enough, that is okay for now.
But don't you see ... - anon2
[ In Reply To ..]
Your work flow ISN'T low. It's just being done by dozens of other employees who have been given the green light for your account and some of it is going to India. Your work flow is probably very high - it's just not high for YOU!

Not from ETrans but also bought out and I know exactly how you feel!! sm - shortcake

[ In Reply To ..]
I've been at this too long to know that this is not because of the holidays. I had less than 200 lines today in 5 hours. After making pretty much NOTHING in 5 hours, I went to clean my one and only cleaning customer's house and made $50 in 2 hours and 15 minutes. I can't do this MTing much longer for MQ, and I just don't have the energy (or desire at this point) to test and experiment with any other MTSO who probably will get gobbled up by MQ anyway. I'm not wishing a lay off on any of you but in my situation right now that would be best for me. I feel like when I start my shift that I've arrived at an office with the door locked. Does not that justify being able to apply for unemployment? How do these companies get away with this? Regardless, I feel for all of you in this frustrating situation, and I don't care what anyone says; if we were all working in an office setting, MQ would not get away with all of us spending idle time waiting for work, clocking in and out all day long, being on their time without work and not getting paid. Sorry, venting again.

why arent you appling for unemployment - I would

[ In Reply To ..]
If you have no work to complete your shift, file for unemployment!

I've made copies of all my emails regarding no/low work and also asking - shortcake

[ In Reply To ..]
for another acct with no response whatsoever. I've talked to office staff but they are in the dark and also anxious about their own "office jobs" that could end any day. I just don't think that you can collect unemployment if you quit but in this crazy situation, how can I be denied? We will see. I have all my paperwork together and plan on going down early next week. Oh, and I want to cut ties altogether, no partial unemployment. No way do I want to work in that cesspool again. Did that a few year's back and I REFUSE to do that again. I'd rather be homeless and starve without a job than homeless and starve working in that MQ stresspool!!!!!

Not a bit...sm - wasHappyMt

[ In Reply To ..]
I used to be able to get in 1600 lines a day. Now, in the past 1-1/2 weeks, I am lucky to break 850. I am so disgusted by this entire situation. It is so not fair that en entire company of loyal workers were traded off like cattle. I do not even have a heart to work anymore, and I used to love my job. And before anyone suggests it, yes, I am actively looking for other opportunities.

Similar Messages:

ETrans
Feb 06, 2011

Does anyone have any recent info on eTrans?  Thanks! ...

ETRANS Plus?
May 04, 2011

Anyone work for eTRANS Plus or have any info on them?  I saw some archives about them back in 2006, 2008, but nothing recent.  Thanks for any info. ...

ETrans Plus - Are They Hiring?
Feb 18, 2010

Anyone work for this co? Are they hiring and do they have work? ...

ETrans Plus - Any Good Or Bad?
May 16, 2010

Any good or bad on this company?  Do they also offshore? ...

Etrans Plus - Set Hours? - Sm
Apr 07, 2011

I have read the archives on pay and line count but can anyone tell me if they make you work set hours?  Would their full-time go by lines or hours worked?    Thanks. ...

Medquist/eTrans Plus Buy Out
Nov 30, 2011

Does anyone know anything about the Medquist/eTrans Plus buy out.  I know 2 members of management were "let go."  Has Medquist put their MTs on eTrans Plus' accounts?  Work seems to be low. ...

Any ETrans/MQ People Know When W2s Will Be Out? Also...sm
Jan 15, 2012

will it be 2 separate W2s, but both from MQ?  I am no longer with MQ, so I cannot access Ultipro anymore.  TIA,   ...

ETrans Sweaty Announcement
Oct 03, 2011

Could have saved myself some weekend anxiety. The 877 call in number was Medquist. The CEO tremored through the whole accounce of the buyout. HUH eat my foot they will recognize and keep everything intact. When I asked for Federal Leave when Q bought Spheris they would NOT recognize my time. eTrans made an "error" last pay taking away all my PTO. The sweaty CEO has a bad conscious because eTrans will make as much as MTs in India. Now I know what the Plus in Etrans stood for. ...

To My Fellow ETrans Co-workers, I Think I Know How The Turkey
Oct 03, 2011

feels at Thanksgiving ...