A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Dictator says "obtain records, records, records." Would you type it 3 times as dictated? - MoMT

Posted: Feb 18, 2010

Or would you simply type "obtain records..."

No - dsauverwald

[ In Reply To ..]
You would not have to type this 3 times. The dictator is obviously stuttering or repeating himself for no apparent reason. Just type it the once.

Type as dictated. Making a point. - Txczech

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't believe in editing just because it doesn't sound right or is unusual.

I agree... - kip

[ In Reply To ..]
repetition by doctors usually signifies the importance of the dictation. I would leave all 3 records. :)

I would type it as often as doctor dictates it... - yes

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Electronic Records
Mar 02, 2011

I am contemplating going to school for transcription but wondering how the electronic records thing is going to effect the job market.  Will there still be a need for transcribing? It seems a lot of offices are using the computer for all there notes.  Any info on this subjest would be appreciated. ...

Seriously, If We Messed Up Records Like
Jul 12, 2012

we would have our pay cut 3 cpl or be fired. What a joke. "Please bear with us as we work through this...." ...

S/l Allstripped (records On)
Jul 09, 2013

"I reviewed her records on Allstripped."  Has anyone heard of what sounds like Allstripped? ...

I Do Everyone Else's Records And Mine, Too
Feb 26, 2014

Just got a call from my dr's medical records wanting to know the name of the dr she wants my records sent to (she and I looked it up on the computer during my visit and I saw her write the dr's name down) and my dr's address, which I'm sure was on her request, her name and address.  One of the last times I saw her, they put someone else's vital signs on my records (height, weight, BP and BMI).  Sheesh. ...

New Rumblings At OTI/Records One?
Sep 15, 2014

I saw on a thread something about even more rumblings at OTI, soon to be Records One. Would you care to share? ...

Whadda Think Of Records One?
Nov 05, 2014

Well gals--What is the verdict? Are you going to stay with Records One or look elsewhere? Is anyone getting work on a new account? My lines are about 1/3 of my line count before the Mercedes/RecordsOne debacle. I am wondering if staying with Records One is going to be a long, slow death. Anyone have any thoughts they want to share? ...

Future Of MT's With New Electronic Records
Apr 28, 2010

To: Current MTs I am considering entering the medical transcription field.  I am trying to evaluate the pros and cons of this business to see if it will be a good fit for me.  If anyone has reactions to the following statements/concerns, I will be glad to hear them. I am encouraged to hear from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics states an expected growth of 11% from 2008 - 2018.  --- This is great news!  However, I'm concerned about the new law coming into ...

Medical Records Tech Job
Aug 01, 2010

A local hospital is hiring a medical records tech. For experience, all they ask is basic computer experience, knowledge of medical terminology, and a h.s. diploma.  Hmmmmm...I've had the terminology certificate for a year, plus a completion certificate for MT and several specialty certs, and I passed the RMT exam. Think I ought to take a shot at this even though I have no prior experience with filing, records, etc.? ...

Anybody Out There Medical Records Reviewer?
Jun 25, 2011

I've heard something recently about this and just wondering if it is a good parallel to MTing and if the pay is better?  ...

Where Can I Locate My Repository For Old Records? 
Dec 07, 2010

Where can I locate my repository for old records?  I used to be able to hit F5 and it would come up, now I get an error message.  Do I have to shut down DocQmanage to access it?  Thanks.  ...

Sending Records Offshore
Apr 17, 2012

Yes. The Privacy Rules allow hospitals to disclose patients' names and other directory information to anyone asking for the patient by name or to the clergy. Patients do not need to sign up to be included in the directory, but must be allowed to "opt out" and choose not to be listed.       For those of you who have been saying that sending transcription overseas is illegal or a HIPAA violation, this information was taken from the HIPAA Q & A board on ...

CHECK YOUR MEDICAL RECORDS!!
May 07, 2012

I would advise EVERYONE to get a copy of their medical records and view them.  I had to get copies from my  PCP (cost me $15.00, but worth it), and I found soooo many mistakes. Some I know were the MT's, but most were the doctor's mistakes.  For instance, they had under my family history in the last year of mother having diabetes.  My mother NEVER had diabetes, and don't know where they even got that at, as I found earlier in my file my family history, which wa ...

MT Vs Med Assistant Vs Med Records Tech
May 31, 2012

I have heard and read of MTs moving out of this field into coding. But has anyone transitioned out of MT to med assisting or a medical records technician? Or does anyone know someone who did? I've been trying to research information and was wondering if it is better career and/or better salary that does not require too much schooling? ...

What Are Electronic Medical Records?
Sep 13, 2012

Would anyone who does EMR editing be willing to share their experiences with me?  Is EMR editing enjoyable, how does it compare to traditional QA editing, what does the job entail, etc? Thank you! ...

Looking Up Past Records In Editscript
Sep 19, 2012

I have been away from editscript for a while and have an opportunity to get back on this platform for a new account.  Problem is I have forgotten some of the commands.  Can someone please tell me how to look up past patient records so I can use that to verify information, etc.  Thank you so much in advance for your help. ...

MT To Medical Records Clerk
Sep 26, 2012

Anyone go from being an MT to a Medical Records Clerk at a hospital? I was thinking with my experience in transcribing medical records and being familiar with the terminology and HIPPA, an MT would be a good candidate. Any thoughts on this? ...

What Is Electronic Medical Records?
Jun 27, 2013

What is electronic medical records?  Goodwill is teaching a 3 month class starting soon.  I have heard about a government mandated thing that doctors have to go electronic by Jan. 2014, but not much more than that.  I know someone could shed some light.  I am thinking of taking the class, but don't know if it would be worth it.  Although, I think I could sleep through the medical transcription portions, LOL. ...

NSA Uncrypts Medical Records Too
Sep 13, 2013

Article from The Guardian. ...

Anyone Know What To Charge For Reviewing Med Records?
Mar 20, 2014

I went to see an ortho yesterday regarding neck surgery and they approached me about reviewing their medical records for the doctors.  I have no clue what to charge - per page, per hour or ?  I currently work transcribing IME, AME and QME reports, but that's different.  Thoughts on what to charge or where to search for comparable rates?  Thanks! ...

Foreign-transcribed Records
Aug 17, 2014

A friend of mine who works in a medical office told me this afternoon that they've started getting records that are transcribed overseas. She said the records are done so badly that they can't use them, can't trust that the information in them is correct. When I told her my job may go away soon & be sent to India, she said "it can't!" She said these records are obviously done by people who don't speak English. What I don't understand is how work can still be off ...

Medical Records Clerk
Sep 27, 2014

Hi all, I have a job interview for a position as medical records clerk in an orthopedic center. I quit MT about 3 years ago and did a few things that didn't work out, and now I have an opportunity to interview for a medical records clerk. I had sent them a resume, most of which was transcription, and they called me to come in and see them. Does anyone know if I can transition to it that easily? My friends all think that just because I know medical terminology, that I can just trans ...

Watch Your Medical Records
Jan 14, 2015

Since Septemer 2014, every visit with every provider has gone like this. 1) The medical assistant types into my record. 2) The provider types into my record. At the end of my visit, they hand me the summary of my visit that day. It goes like this 1) The medications are mostly right although some are wrong and way wrong. 2) My age is off by 10 years at one facility and they 'cannot correct it.' 3) My height and weight are off a whole lot at another facility and they 'cannot c ...

Hospital Medical Records Department
Nov 14, 2009

With HIPAA regulations tightening on who can get a carbon copy of a patient's medical record, MTs should NOT have the responsibility of sending any carbon copies at all.  All carbon copy requests for a patient's records should go directly to the hospital's medical records dept for a signed release verification from the patient for that copy to be sent.  Reports being sent from any outside provider without the proper signed release from the patient should be consider ...

Why So Upset About Med Records Going OS? Your Financial Info,
Dec 22, 2010

someone know I had a runny nose than know what my financial status is. ...

What Is The Status Of Electronic Medical Records
Dec 28, 2010

what is the status of EMR...is it going to impact MT industry ...

Question About HIPPA And Medical Records
Apr 15, 2011

My husband's father had a brain tumor many years ago (back when I first started dating him) and had surgery.  Unfortunately, the surgeon never stopped the bleeding completely before closing him up and waited too long to take him back to the OR, so he remained in a coma for numerous months until he passed away.  My husband's mother many years later also passed away.  My husband is starting to have periods of extreme forgetfullness and completely not remembering something ...

Electronic Medical Records Came In And We Were Immediately Out Of A Job
Jul 26, 2012

I don't see much talk about EMR taking over the MTs job.  This has happened to me with my last three companies (small transcription companies) that I have worked for.  With my last job we had an account with a large hospital that had a cardiology group we transcribed for.  EMR came in and we were immediately out of a job.  Just wondering if anyone else has had this experience...pretty much sucks  ...

Anyone Else Starting At Cypress As A Records Summarizer?
Aug 01, 2012

I decided to take the position, something different.  I was just curious to see how many others have recently started here or will be starting here?  I'm kind of nervous as it's so different from anything I've ever done before. ...

Records Abstractor Jobs - Why Do They Want A Nurse?
Sep 06, 2012

And other types of medical records jobs as well.  Explain to me what makes a nurse qualified to do these jobs?  ...

Professional Medical Records? Any Info Please! Nm
Nov 26, 2012

nm ...