A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Typing in Cerner platform - Ohio typist

Posted: Dec 10, 2011

Does anyone type in Cerner using the Cerner transcription platform? How did you get around the auto correct issue or speedtype, as nothing holds in the auto correct application.  Would appreciate any ideas on this matter.  Hard to type without some kind of short cut application.

I work in Cerner - anonmt

[ In Reply To ..]
But I work directly for a hospital system and have no trouble with the auto correct function. If we have problems we contact IT directly. Wish I could help more!

I worked in Cerner and never found a way. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Unfortunately for the transcriptionist, Cerner is an AMAZING EMR and once the staff is properly trained, there is very little narrative needed.

I was the sole transcriptionist for my clinic so when they went to Cerner my job duties changed to implementing EMR, creating the templates, etc.

Which version? - RadMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Are you talking about a recent version of Cerner?

I have transcribed in Cerner before, but it was an ancient version -- circa 1985 or something, LOL.

It was in 2010. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

I used to type in Cerner doing radiology. I used my Shorthand expander. - Noney

[ In Reply To ..]
It worked fine.

Similar Messages:

Cerner Platform Is Clunky And It Sucks!
Feb 27, 2014

I always thought Cerner was a high-tech big deal.  After working on their platform, I think it's crap.  You'd think as much money as a huge company like that has and makes, that they could come up with something better. I don't have experience on a ton of platforms, but I do have experience on Bayscribe, ExText and ExEditor.  All of them are way better than Cerner; more tailored toward the transcriptionist.Like in ExEditor, you finish one report and when you se ...

CERNER
Jun 22, 2011

Anybody ever work using Cerner?  Our radiology account is changing from RPMS to Cerner this fall. ...

Cerner Classic! Need Help
Jun 15, 2011

I have started working on Cerner Classic and am -- after having worked for many years on other programs -- finding it both incredibly difficult and frustrating.  The most prevalent error message I am getting is "Editing not allowed," and I need to know how to cancel/get out of that without having to ditch the report and starting it all over again.  Thanks. ...

Anybody Work In Cerner?
Feb 07, 2011

Just recently started a new job for a local hospital that uses Cerner.  I am finding it clumsy, hard to use, and time consuming, thus not optimizing my line count.  I am paid by the line, not per hour.  Anybody have experience using Cerner as opposed to other programs used by MTSOs?   Thanks.   ...

Cerner And Transcription
Aug 12, 2011

Has anyone worked with Cerner doing transcription.  Facility is switching to this company and would like to know what impact Cerner has on transcription.  Thanks for any comments.  ...

Cerner PowerChart
Jul 30, 2014

Anyone worked on this before?  I'm having a terrible time setting up "quick words" that I've easily done in the past using Word.  There is so much garbage on my screen--info I don't need at all to do my job.  The font is so small I can't read it.  No medical spellchecker at all!   My "training" was a joke--I don't think the trainer had a clue about what a tnanscriptionist needs. I was told it was designed for the doctor to fill in ...

Cerner EMR And Editing
Nov 04, 2014

Has anyone worked on the Cerner system doing editing?  I work in an acute hospital that is implementing Cerner and they said there is no editing on the voice recognition except for the provider.  Can anyone tell me about this or the experiences they have had with Cerner? ...

Cerner Radnet Question
Jun 30, 2014

When we are in a report that requires a blank, and the report is corrected/changed by another MT in Cerner Radnet, is the line count from that report given to the MT who corrects/changes the report?  In radiology, the long reports are the ones which tend to require some investigation or confirmation by physician, and of course, the long reports give us the lines.  Is it true that we are essentially handing our lines to the MT fortunate enough to find our job in their queue for minor co ...

Question Regarding IT And Cerner/RDE Radiology (black Screen)
Jun 17, 2010

There are probably only a few people who have used this system.  Hopefully, they come onto this board and have used IT with Cerner/RDE (black screen). When I maximize my RDE screen (black), the font is perfect.  However, when I attach my word expander (Instant Text) to it, the screen minimizes and the font goes from perfect to just barely visible.  Anyone out there using Cerner RDE and IT together who can help me? Thank you, comrades :) ...

Cerner Imaging And Instant Text Issue
Apr 12, 2015

Hello, and thank you for being here :) Facility did an upgrade a few days ago.  Cerner Rad Imaging program is now giving me issues when insert IT macros - This message comes up when I attempt to insert any phrase or data that is lengthy - requiring i type all first initials of the sentence/phrase whereas before, if it was the only selection, my canned phrase would appear. MESSAGE: "cannot read from or write to clipboard (1-1603)" After many attempts, returns, backspaces, it finally spi ...

Typing Without QA
Apr 06, 2010

You know, I think I am typing better and faster without the fear of QA hanging over me.  I never thought they were extremely helpful anyways.  Usually they couldn't fill in the blanks and just nit-picked the report like a pecking bird.  I have never had a report sent back from a client (knock on wood) because they were unhappy with anything.  I spent far more time trying to please QA than the hospitals and doctors (and have told my supervisor that more than once).  ...

Typing Into EMR
Mar 20, 2012

For those of you who are typing directly into EMR/EHRs, how are you accessing the voice files? Is it coming directly from the EMRs or do you have to grab them separately. I've been asked to type directly into an office's EMR and am curious how this is going to work. It sounds like some are charging per audio minute and others per hour. I'm trying to keep my job relevant and go with the flow. Thanks to all who post their situations. At least we can all pull together, learn and keep ...

Vic Pro Typing
Jun 19, 2012

Does anyone have the email address for this company? I can't find their post.  Thanks. ...

Typing?
Jan 08, 2013

Are there ANY companies that do straight typing anymore or is every VRE.  It truly sucks as I've lost 4 cents line to VRE and making more than 60% less than I did straight typing.  ...

Typing
May 15, 2013

Does anyone know of any transcription company that deals with strictly typing and not VRE? ...

Typing Bliss
Nov 06, 2009

This has to be a fluke, but for the 1st hour of my shift today... nothing but straight typing. I was so excited job after job, my fingers were flying, life was back to normal, ASR nonexistant for a brief moment in time! I typed 314 lines in my first hour of work.   WHY OH WHY, MEDQUIST, CAN'T YOU FIGURE OUT THAT I AM SO MUCH MORE PRODUCTIVE WITHOUT ASR?  If I make money, you make money!   It really is that simple. ...

Typing-Baking-Baking-Typing
Dec 22, 2009

I put drop cookies in the oven, set the timer for 12 minutes, then race to my computer and type.  The timer goes off, I race to the kitchen, take out the cookies, put in more and set the timer again and off I go to my computer to type.  I have come to this conclusion: Drop cookies 12 minutes = enough time for an FU visit, outpatient note or short procedure. Bar Cookies 30-35 minutes = enough time for a consult, H&P, discharge summary or new patient office note. Now, this has got ...

Anyone Else Get Queasy When Typing
Mar 12, 2010

traumas and such? I had just sat down with a glass of V8 (no joke) and started to work and my first report is about a patient who slit a wrist. Now I'm queasy and nauseous and the V8 is going back in the fridge. This is how I know I'm in the right place in the medical field....no way I could be there and see this stuff firsthand. Blech. ...

Would Like To Know If I Am Typing This Correctly SM
Mar 14, 2010

Dictated:  ....recently diagnosed with 1p minus and 4q minus deletions. Transcribed:  ...recently diagnosed with 1p- and 4q- deletions. ...

WR Typing And Coding
Apr 30, 2010

Any info on them? Supposed to be out of AL but when I google them, nothing comes up.  ...

Has Anyone Noticed More Typing?
Jun 24, 2011

Not complaining,mind you, but what's going on.  I'm up to 10% transcription for this pay period.  Did they decide to cut back on the SR, were their complaints by doctors saying they liked it better when we typed?  LOL  just wondering if anyone has noticed it and/or knows why. ...

Who Has Straight Typing ...
Sep 21, 2010

NM ...

MQ Typing Versus ASR And Our Pay.
Oct 01, 2010

A very interesting post over in the VR forum which is proof IMO why we are going so broke doing ASR, and isn't even taking into account how horrible MQ DocQSpeech software is. Yesterday I had a 10-minute ASR report and I ended up typing at least 50% of it. Several times I thought of doing F11 on that report. Unfortunately, using F11 part way through a report while saving the text you have done so far on note pad, and then pasting it back in rather than starting all over, however, can ...

Missing HPs When Typing DSs?
Oct 02, 2010

Okay, I have had the suspicion that MQ programmed something when you bring up old reports when typing a discharge summary that the H&P doesn't show up.  Today, the dictator doing the DS plainly stated that she was reading right off the H&P.  I went to check in the old reports to maybe get some quick lines, but it wasn't there...as usual.  I typed what she said and realized that I had already typed this before and that I was the one that typed the original H&P ...

ASR Vs Straight Typing
Oct 15, 2010

Got new accounts for the last 2 weeks that are not ASR (yet) so have been doing about 90% straight typing.  I have been averaging about $20 more per day than when I do ASR.  They can sell whatever snake oil they want, I can type faster and make more money straight typing than I can with their much-touted fabulous ASR --- EVEN ON BRAND NEW UNFAMILIAR ACCOUNTS.  ...

Typing Numbers
Dec 10, 2010

How do you type times one week?  (x 1 week or x one week) Please help. ...

What Happened To Typing???
Jan 16, 2011

SR sucks.  This is not why I became an MT, to listen and correct.  I wanted to type, but rarely get the opportunity outside of making corrections. ...

Typing Speed Of MT's
Feb 17, 2011

No one seems to talk about typing speed these days.  I see a huge difference in earning ability of an MT by their typing speed.  I get resumes and people don't even put their typing speed on a resume often.  I have to go back and ask them.  It is the best ruler out there.  Are there any 100 wpm typists out there looking for clinic work, M-F, 9-5?  Since we all work by production, obviously the faster you type, the more you will earn (and happier you will be) bu ...

Typing Reflexes
May 09, 2011

the doc says reflexes are "one-half over four"  do i type 1/2 over 4, 1/2/4 confusing ...

Typing Speed
Jun 07, 2011

Does anyone know what the expected typing speed is to get a job - have lots of experience, but ASR work has slowed my typing speed! ...