A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Suggestion - old mt

Posted: Apr 12, 2010

The MTSOs DO come this board --I was termiated today as an IC and  employer mentioned  piosts here  -- I have NEVER posted company name on here and to those before  -do not send a referance to RE: someone posted on your company  -- I may have posted but made it VERY cllear, we are NOT hiiring for the future, read and learn

I did not follow any of that -- what are you saying? - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I don't understand, Your company fired you - for posting here?

[ In Reply To ..]
And unless you posted with your real name or replied to someone who emailed you from this board, how would your employer know that it was you?

If MTSOs dont like what we post about them, maybe - they should clean up their acts. -nm

[ In Reply To ..]

AMEN!!! - MTPockets

[ In Reply To ..]

original respose - old mt

[ In Reply To ..]

That's all well and good but when we see this posted on MT Stars, I start to wonder what the intent is. We really have a huge trust issue with our transcriptionists due to HIPAA, etc. We cannot take changes with people we do not trust.

oops resonse - old mt

[ In Reply To ..]
Im stressed

direct quote from FORMER EMPLOYER - OLD MT

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Are you okay old mt? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I have read your messages, but to be quite honest, I'm just not able to make much sense out of them.

Is there anything that I can do to help you? Please let me know.

original response - Old MT

[ In Reply To ..]
The above was sent to me in an email by my now former employer. I responded by email to a few MTs on here, regarding the company tnat I was working for at the tme. Apparently, they sent correspondence to my company and mentioned my name. In my correspondence to those MTs, I also mentioned that the company that I worked for was a very small company and that I believed that we were not hiring at the time. I guess what I was trying to say, is that if someone sends you an email, please keep other people's names confidential. For example, just make a blanket statement to the effect of "I heard from a fellow MT on one of the message boards that you may possibly be hiring" or something to that effect. PLEASE do not mention people by name.

So sorry to hear your story Old MT. - What the heck?

[ In Reply To ..]
Did YOU mention any names in your correspondence to "those MTs?"

Do "those MTs" work for the company you used to?

what the heck - Old MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I may have mentioned the company name, which anyone can Google and get contact information for. To my knowledge, these were MTs that as I mentioned, were doing VR and it was in response to something like "my company does not do VR, just straight transcription."
Old MT - You make no sense
[ In Reply To ..]
Could you please rewind and start over.
Explain your story like we have no idea what you are talking about because we dont!

Starting over and rewinding - Old MT
[ In Reply To ..]
Yesterday, I received the following email from my former employer, after I was terminated yesterday:

That's all well and good but when we see this posted on MT Stars, I start to wonder what the intent is. We really have a huge trust issue with our transcriptionists due to HIPAA, etc. We cannot take changes with people we do not trust.

Now, I have NEVER posted my company's name on here and several months ago, I sent a couple of private emails to MTs whom had posted on here, I believe that it was in response to companies who still did straight transcription and did not utilize VR. I probably mentioned the name of the company, but did not give any other information out. I also mentioned in the emails that at that time, since it was a smaller service, I did not believe that we were probably looking for help. I did not give tne name of the MNTSO out, but anytone can Google the company name and find out the contact information.

Apparently, someone did contact the company and used not only my "MTStars moniker" but also my real name. I have never of course publicly said whom I am on this board or anywhere else for that matter.

What I was trying to convey, is that if someone sends you a private email, please do not mention names or monikers if you do decide to contact a company; i.e., don't say something like well "Old MT sent me an email from MTStars, and said your company may or may not be hiring and for heavens sake, NEVER use a person's real name.

I feel that of course, I have not violated any HIPPA laws, which I have not, but my employer making the statements that they did about not being trusted, because I came on a PUBLIC message board, borders on the ridiculous. Last I knew, we still had freedom of speech in this country.

Hope this has helped to clarify things a bit.
This is absolutely absurd! - LK
[ In Reply To ..]
Old MT, this is the stupidest reason I have ever heard for a person being terminated! If this happened to me, I too would be stunned beyond belief. That just takes the cake. I don't know what else to say, except that they have the right to terminate you for any reason they want, just as you have the right to leave for any reason. I would say you're fortunate to be done with such an arbitrary and dictatorial company. That is just ridiculous.
without cause termination - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Actually companies only have the right to terminate employees for any reason - that's one of the definitions of an employee. However, the OP said she was an IC. The rules are different. I think this is just another example of MTSO using IC's illegally.
I agree!! - What the heck?
[ In Reply To ..]
So basically she got fired for possibly referring future MTs to her company??

It doesn't sound like she was "bashing" her company but just stating that yes they still do "straight typing" but not hiring right now!

How long were you with them Old MT?

Trust issues . . . you got to be kidding me!

What "trust" issues would they be talking about? They don't trust her in what she is going to say about the company? I don't know . . .

I think its just one more way of gradually "weeding - out" American MTs. Currently - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
my company is making a mountain out of a molehill with me, threatening me with termination over some piddly little mistake. I think it has nothing to do with the mistake, and everything to do with the fact that I'm an older (both in seniority and age), and slightly higher-paid (by 1 cent) employee. I'm sure that when they finally come up with enough "infractions" to dump me, my job will go straight to INDIA.
addendum to above and it does fit - Old MT
[ In Reply To ..]
This whole snafu started with the account manager and COO (Not the owner) sending an email out at 5:00 p.m. on Sunday stating there was a HUGE backlog.

Right now, I don't care if the MTSO does read this post but on Saturday, my sun conure (a small parrot) flew off my patio area. I immediately ran down three flights of stairs and she had landed on a patio door with complex next door -- thank heavens the owner was outside and her son was home and able to get the bird, although, she did sustain some injuries due to the fact that they had one or two cats -- she had a laceration on the top of her head -- needless to say, she was in shock as I was I, overweight, huffing and puffing. I did three reports Saturday, signed off because we had to take her to the vet and "I was shaken." I sent an email to the owner, team leader and COO as to what was going on.

Late Saturday, early Sunday I get a call from a friend whose husbabd had suffered a heart attack. I started working on Sunday, and had NOTHING but ER reports -- mind you, this company recently went to DocQscribe, which I had no problems with, but with work flow in general. At 5:00 p.m., I get an email stating "backlog please help!!!" I sent an email, stating that 5:00 p.m. on a Sunday was a bit late asking for help (plus wanting a change from ER reports). I sent an email back to the COO and the supervisor stating ath at 5:00 p.m. people were ready to wind down for the day, and asking why, if there was such a backlog, why an email wasn't sent out earlier -- Yesterday, I was locked out of the system and terminated and my former employer did nothing but send NASTY emails, which I have mentioned before
To Old MT - RLee
[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry to hear about how your weekend went and you being terminated. I am glad your sun conure is doing good, as I had a sun conure for about 7 years and got very attached to the bird, but due to me and my husband both working outside the home at the time and it being unfair to the bird being left alone all day found a great new home for her with other birds in the same house. My conure was quite the SCREECHER, but very lovable and very much a part of our family. Hope all goes well for you in the future.
ReLee post - Old MT
[ In Reply To ..]
Yep Tooki is the "neighborhood watch boid" LOL -- normally, I can have her on my shoulder, walk over to the 7-11 across the street and she is fine. I am a smoker, and smoke out on the balcony. Had opened the door, and she just FLEW!!! thank heavens,I screamed her name or she might have been in flight. I called her breeder, right after I got her back and her neck was weird -- she suggested half and half water and Gatorade, which I did but she started eating her food like the piglet she is -- right now, confined to her new cage (got it three weeks ago) and she HATES it!!!! but confined till next week and taking her to the breeder for a wing and toenail clip. She has been molting, so I think that was part of her being "rambuctous" My s/o and I refer to her as "Paris Hilton boid" because she does have her own "attitude"
To old MT - RLee
[ In Reply To ..]
My conure loved to be on my shoulder as well. Yes - mine had her own attitude as well. I never knew it was a she, always thought it was a he, until the person I gave her to sent me pictures of the eggs she was laying. Wish I had been working from home at the time because it would have been good company for me as well as the bird. I would never have DARED to venture outside with my conure though - you are braver than I was. Well - I am sure the bird will be fine as well as your current situation. Best of luck to you!!!!

what does this part mean - see inside

[ In Reply To ..]
...and to those before -do not send a referance to RE: someone posted on your company -- I may have posted but made it VERY cllear, we are NOT hiiring for the future, read and learn

I really am interested in what you are trying to tell us.

I take it to mean - maybe not

[ In Reply To ..]
Old MT,
Do you mean as a warning to future posters; don't post a contact person's name followed by the statement but we are Not hiring?

I am having trouble following your posts too.

Offshore - Susan

[ In Reply To ..]
Looks like not only has the work been outsourced to India but politics as well. The ethics and tactics of these companies are amazing. Good luck to you. Trust me, there are better opportunities out there.

Similar Messages:

Just A Suggestion
Nov 22, 2010

I want to make a suggestion to the MTs out there who are looking for work.  Rather than possibly posting on the Jobs Wanted board, post your resume on the Resume Bank.  I received a call a week ago Saturday from a company looking for MTs -- they have not posted openings here on MT Stars or on the other board, but they are looking.  I know this because I spoke today with the person that hired me.  He (as the company rep, mentioned that when he goes to the Resume Board), there ...

Suggestion IM
Jan 04, 2012

It would be great if we could post comments and get responses back via Instant Message.  I just recently started using the word board, but I don't think that is available.  If it is, please let me know.  That would be wonderful!!   ...

Suggestion Please
Apr 12, 2012

Anyone have a suggestion of a shortcut for L5-S1, L3-L4, C numbers and T numbers? Have a tough time typing letters and getting the hyphen in and I have to think too hard and get out of my rhythm trying to do these levels for some reason. I use autocorrect. Thanks ...

Suggestion For A New Board
Jul 12, 2011

How about a new board for living frugally in these times? It seems like it would be very popular and helpful to all of us. ...

TransTech Suggestion
Jul 19, 2011

How about this? For holiday coverage, why not schedule 4-hour shifts instead of 8-hour shifts with hardly anything to do? For example, why not have some MTs commit to the following shifts: 7am-11am 11am-3pm 3pm-7pm 7pm-11pm 11pm-3am 3am-4am I think the MTs would like that idea. They could spend time with family/friends on the holidays without being on call and having to check their queue every 15 minutes or so for some work. They commit and work for 4 hours and are done. I've worked ...

Here's A Suggestion For Those Wanting To Know
Jan 08, 2013

Cheap, cheap, cheap. You should pay your peeps. You could tell the clients NTS cannot keep up with work because people are jumping ship like rats from a hot fire. Perhaps management (upper, way upper I mean) could explain instead of the TLs having to do it, that they needed so much money to take to the bank they had to cut the pay of all their employees, now they have green, not as speedy, uninitiated MTs doing the work. Most of the good ones have fled the scene. And here's another rant: ...

Recommendation/Suggestion
Apr 16, 2013

Everyone should make a habit of getting a letter of reference from CURRENT employers even before you are actually looking for another job.  All you have to say is that you are updating your resume and want to be sure you have current letters of reference attached as well.  It doesn't matter if you are working as an "employee", if they are happy with you and with your work, they should have no problem giving this to you.  If you are an "IC", it should be even easier since you ...

MT Pay Solution, Maybe..just A Suggestion
Jun 20, 2013

This is how we got paid at a major department store when I was a hairdresser: Guaranteed minimum wage for hours worked. If our production exceeded minimum wage we were paid a percentage of that production on top of the minimum wage, usually 40%. I would love to have MTs guaranteed at least a minimum wage for hours worked (or waiting to work) and anything we produce that exceeds that wage should be paid at the customary cpl.  This would encourage higher production, benefitting th ...

Just A Helpful Suggestion ...
Mar 11, 2014

Some of you don't need me to tell you this, but others might benefit from this advice.   Reading through the posts on this coding training, I am seeing some legitimate questions and concerns, but also some that are so off the wall that they are either the product of the world's worst paranoid or someone who is intentionally trying to discourage you. The content and tone is a lot like some of the negativity that gets posted on the coding board every time some one asks about coding ...

A Suggestion For Nuance
Dec 29, 2014

You know that's your aim anyway. That way you can save money on all the middlemen and enforcers, i.e. you can stop making good QA/QC people into inquisitors. If you want to offer a true bonus, just let everyone know they will make 7 c/l, THEN offer incentives, that way at least we know we can expect the base salary and the bonus will truly be a bonus, not a penalty. There are a lot of companies that only pay that 7 cents per line, who have QA staff who are there to actually guide the MT a ...

Autocorrect Suggestion Box?
Jun 19, 2015

Hi, can anyone tell me if Autocorrect has a suggestion box that stays open while you type? I had been using Shorthand for 8 years and then just got a new job where they won't allow us to use anything but Autocorrect. It is their computer, a Thin Client, which does not allow you to upload anything. With Shorthand and Instant Text a suggestion box pops up showing you all the possible shortcuts and I can see in Autocorrect where you can type in your shortcut and the expansion that it repres ...

Speech Wreck Suggestion
Sep 02, 2010

I have tried to explain to manager that the program is slow, and does not seem to ever correct a lot of "normal" dictation, so I have come here to ask a question of you.  I feel that we are not getting enough keystroke count for these jobs.  I have had lengthy jobs with small actual counts because of all the repairing (MEing), and pickiing up of nearby conversations, using markers judiciously as requested.  None of these markers are included in the count that I can see, but they a ...

Suggestion On Numbering Feature?
Sep 07, 2010

Am I doing something wrong?  Are you supposed to edit the list before or after CTRL-Shift L.  I end up having to capitalize all the first letters after I hit enter and it just seems more time consuming.  Also, did anyone notice if you highlight text and hit space bar there is no skip marker- SHH!! ...

Gonna Make A Suggestion
Apr 10, 2013

I want to extend a great big THANK YOU to everybody who has posted on this board, both good and bad.  I never took the negativity personally or to heart.  In fact, I considered it a lesson that I needed to learn with respect to the way this industry has deteriorated. That coupled with my sciatica (only when sitting) convinced me that it was time to move on once and for all, which I have. I would like to see others in this industry do the same. The biggest problem for me was findin ...

Suggestion To Software Developers.
Jun 14, 2013

Won't mention any particular company here, but I am compelled to comment on the quality of the software.  I have never worked with anything this complicated in my entire MT career (25+ years). Demographics are a nightmare.  Database for CCs is......I don't have words to adequately describe the mess.  If I enter information into the *fields* too quickly, the system locks up. If I enter more than one search option, the system locks up. If I use SH, Ex-Text or other ex ...

Major Error Suggestion. See What Happens
Jul 31, 2013

Keep track of every job you send to QA with blanks or other. Compare job numbers to those jobs that come back with major errors.  Want to bet that most of those jobs we have a hard time with are the very same jobs that we are getting marked down for?  Most likely the very blank or the very problem we had is what the major error is for. ...

Suggestion Per MT At IMEDX Being Implemented (sm)
May 03, 2015

Time clock will be changed to show 5-minute increments.   ...

MODERATOR: New Forum Suggestion
Jun 01, 2015

A forum to support and assist people who are seeking to leave medical transcription.  Call it "The Exit Ramp". ...

Good Suggestion For A Great Set Of Headphones?
Apr 29, 2010

Can anyone make a good suggestion for a great set of headphones?  Could you please tell me what kind you like and why you like them?  Many thanks in advance. ...

Word Expander Software Suggestion?
Jun 11, 2010

Can someone please recommend a good word expander program?  I am looking for something that is compatible with XP, Vista and Windows 7.  Thank you! ...

NY Suggestion So All MTs Here Achieve Satisfaction In 2011
Jan 02, 2011

It's very simple and I am very serious: 1.  If you are unhappy with how the MT career is changing, unhappy with the new pay (it won't go back up, folks, only down further), unhappy with changes in technolog, etc.:   Do something THIS YEAR to get out of MT work completely.  Don't feel you can venture too far from it?  Do something like coding/billing.  Want to stay in the medical world?  How about LPN or RN?  Dental Hygienist?  HR speci ...

MODERATOR: Suggestion For Resume Bank
May 14, 2011

I'm not sure where to post this... The resume bank is a great resource, but I wish it was a little more flexible.  For example, the section where you describe what kind of work you're looking for is restricted to choices on the drop-down menu.  Some of us wear different hats and are looking for IC work if we can get it and/or an employee position if it's a good one.  So multiple choices or even free text might be more suitable. Just a thought.  Thanks! ...

Heres Is My Suggestion, Instead Of Bitching..lets
Feb 02, 2012

Give the new owner a chance..BUT  make up an email address that they cant trace to you and start flooding him with emails of complaint... ...

Suggestion To Aid With Income-related Discussions.
Aug 10, 2012

I've noticed that we need some sort of standard reference or metric to use when we talk about income-related issues, and this metric should not merely reference dollars (or cents), but should relate this to <i>a unit of time</i>.  At the end of the day, it's how much you earned per unit of time that really matters, and this the only sort of metric that takes into account all of the variables that a mere monetary reference such as "line rate" does not. The line rate pa ...

May I Make A Suggestion To Younger Folks
Nov 12, 2013

Here's one that I wish someone had recommended to me back when I was pursuing my bachelor's degree:  Take ROTC.  Seriously.  When you graduate with that experience on your resume, prepared to be a military officer, you won't regret it.   Here's another one I wish I had considered when I was younger, which may still be available to me even at my age:  Library Science.  sounds boring right? When I was in school I'm sure I thought, "I don ...

Career Change To Massage Therapist Suggestion
Mar 06, 2014

My son is attending massage therapy training and will be done the end of June. He will be making more money than I will be once working. It only took a year. He is going for another year to earn an AA, but will start working and go to school at night. It's kind of expensive, but I think it would be a rewarding career. There is an extensive anatomy course that we MTs would breeze through, so I thought I would pass this suggestion on. I realize some of you are in remote areas and thi ...

Love The Suggestion For The Account With Horrible Sound That Perhaps WE SHOULD Invest
Apr 11, 2015

in a new set of earphones and speakers.  How about just addressing the problem with the client!! ...

Shorthand - "hint" Window Or The "suggestion" Window?
Sep 02, 2010

Do you guys use the "hint" window or the "suggestion" window? So, I've been using SH for a bit now and today, by accident,  was trying to change a font, I realized that I was only using the small "hint" window and there was the "suggestion" window that brings up more than 1 entry. For a couple of reports I used the "suggestion" window but found it awkward having to scan the window, but probably weird to me because I'm not used to it. Which do you use?   ...