A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Rates per line or minute in 2012 - Mandy

Posted: Oct 29, 2012

What is the current (2012) appropriate rate to charge for medication transcription services, either per line or per minute?

Rates - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
You negotiate. I know the going rate for independents here and what doctors are usually paying, which is 8 cpl. I then start at 12 cpl and hope they go not much lower than this. Depends... I sometimes get 12 (acute care to 11 cpl for ESL office transcription to 10 cpl for easy office dictation. I tried 14 cpl but got NO call back on this price despite being referred from clients. This is call-in with pretty much same day/overnight TAT but with lots of templated work. Good luck.

Similar Messages:

Per Minute Rates
May 07, 2012

I need some help I think my mind is fried...Does anyone know how to compare pay per minute of dictation to a per line rate? Example - 0.0972 per line versus 1.056 per dictated minute Any help would be greatly appreciated - thank you very muc and please excuse my ignorance, but I am getting frustrated trying to compare the two. ...

LINE RATES - A Company That Offers 7.6 Cpl On A 50 Character Line
Nov 14, 2010

I am starting with a company that offers 7.6 cpl on a 50 character line.  Is this good and what does it equal money wise on a 65 character line rate?   Thanks in advance. ...

Line/pay Rates
Mar 10, 2012

I've been working for Medquist/M-Modal now for 11 years Full-time.  I was one of those grandfathered in that took a pay cut last year as Medquist deemed they would not pay above .10 cents a line.  Now the kicker to all this is I have a friend who I just got hired, and her initial OFFER was to START at .10 cents a line.  I don't know how the rest of you feel, but I am appalled at this ... how someone can start at the top wage.   I have already sent an email ex ...

Line Rates As An IC?
Aug 08, 2012

Thinkng of going the IC route, any ideas on line rates as an IC? ...

OTI Line Rates...........UGH!!
Jul 16, 2013

Need I say more? ...

Line Rates Like 3 Cpl For Editing
Jan 04, 2010

I am looking at ads here and keep seeing things like 3 cpl for editing.  Who could work for that rate and why?  These MTSOs really need an awakening.  No one should work for 3 cpl.  Is there anyone who does editing for that kind of rate and actually earns a living?  I say more MTs need to stand up for themselves and say no to this.  Just sayin'.   ...

Transcend Line Rates
Nov 29, 2011

Greetings, fellow transcriptionists. I've been in the field for over 15 years. Due to a recent buyout of my current MTSO by a huge conglomerate, there is talk of our line rates being cut, apparently down to as low as 8 cents a line.  Needless to say, I'm considering looking elsewhere since this is a major paycut. I'm eyeballing Transcend as I've heard good things and know they used to pay decently. Anyone in the know, do they still go up to 9 cents a line or are the ...

VR Line Rates For Beginning MT
May 01, 2012

Anyone know the starting vr line rate for a new MT? I was offered 2.5 cpl vr and 6 cpl straight. Any comments would help!! Thanks ...

Line Rates/spaces
Aug 11, 2012

Does getting paid for spaces add about 2 cents to line rate?  I was getting 10 cpl for an account (not paid for spaces) and then lost that to offshoring.  The new account pays 8 cpl, but paid for spaces, so they say that's equivalent.  Does that sound right?  Is that the average rate now?    Interesting article just stumbled on:  http://mttoolsonline.com/2011/01/26/medical-transcription-theres-just-no-money-in-it/ ...

How Many Have Had Line Rates Decreased?
Oct 05, 2012

I heard that KS has recently reduced everyone's line rates by 1 cent and only pay a flat fee for radiology reports now. Which other MTSOs have done this? ...

Why Am I Seeing LOWER Line Rates Than Ever?!
Dec 22, 2012

Browsing through the job listings (again), and noticing 7 cpl for IC!?  WHAT?  Why is this industry allowed to get away with this crap!  I worked for the same company for 17 years before the MQ acquired it.  I ended up quitting in 2004.  At that time, I was making 9.5 cpl and had "topped out" at that rate, not having had a raise in more than a year.  Since then, I have been job-hopping and cannot seem to find contentment with any company.  In my experience, t ...

Inscribe Line Rates
Aug 10, 2014

Can anyone fill me in on Inscribe line rates?  Is it more if you transcrbie more?  TIA! ...

Have They Increased Line Rates??
Oct 09, 2014

I noticed a couple of posts about companies paying 6.5 CPL. Was I right when I predicted they would have to increased rates to hang onto the experienced editors? Or are they paying that for transcription? ...

Is It Better To Get Paid Per Dictated Minute Or Per Line?
Jan 15, 2010

Have an interview on Wednesday and just noticed they pay per dictated minute.  Not sure how that works exactly.  Any info would be appreciated.  Thanks! ...

Pay By Transcribed Minute Vs Line Rate
Mar 24, 2010

Any comments on compensation by transcribed time (i.e.$1.25/minute) versus per line (i.e. $.09/65 character line with spaces)?  Any actual experience being paid by transcription minute?  Advantages/disadvantages?  Thanks. ...

IC Line Rate Of 9 Cents Per Minute?????
Apr 02, 2010

I have never heard of being paid by minute of dictation. What would you say is fair for an experienced MT doing acute care as an IC? Is 9 cents per minute low, or is it just me? Anyone have any input on this or experience with this type of pay plan? Thanks in advance. ...

Paid By Dictated Minute Or By Line? Sm
May 09, 2011

Can someone explain the difference to me and the pros and cons of be paid by dictated minute? ...

Pay By Audio Minute Versus Per Line.
Apr 13, 2013

Good morning.  I am wondering if I should take a job that pays per audio minute or would I make more money doing cpl?  The audio job pays .70 cents per audio minute and the cpl pays .07 cpl.  The audio job will be very part time and I am not sure about the cpl gig.  Thanks so much for your input.  ...

Personal Stand: MT And ME Line Rates (sm)
Nov 09, 2009

I have decided I will not accept any MT transcription rates lower than 9 cpl (in an employee position) or 11 cpl (in an IC position).  For medical editing, I'm not going to work for lower than 50% of the transcription rate.  For me, it will just not be worth it to do it for less.  I am willing to go work inhouse and even do other work rather than to accept line rates lower than this.  I see one keeps putting up the same ad with 8 cpl for MT work and 3 cpl for editing a ...

Line Rates Changing On Each Check?
May 05, 2011

Can anyone explain to me the line rates on the new pay stubs.  Mine is not showing my actual lines, just the money.  When I go to the web site for the breakdown it shows 4 different rates that seem to vary from week to week.  They are Week 1 TR, Week 2 TR, Week 1 SR and week 2 SR.  I know we may get less pay for a QA report, but I rarely send in reports  for QA.  Do the audits count as QA'd lines for the lesser line rate..  Should I call my CCM or just pay ...

Line Rates - You Can Check Out Salaries Of The CEO, COO, And CFO
Jan 13, 2012

You can check out salaries of the CEO, COO, and CFO of publically traded companies at the securities and exchange commission website.   It will open your eyes and now that we are all working for what we did in the 80's, you will find we have more in common with the unwashed masses of the OWS movement than we thought.  ...

Line Rates And Company Profits
Feb 15, 2012

Anyone struggling since your line rates were cut back to less than what you were hired for?  I am struggling, but with extra hours, getting by, just barely. It makes it really tough though, when you read that the company, which boasts at being the best thanks to "you",  posts a 32.9 Million $ profit for 2011.  Wow, I'm sure the stockholders are pleased, in fact, they are saying that TR is a good investment.  I'm really proud that I have contribut ...

ACCENTUS--VBC? Or Just Really Good Line Rates?
Apr 04, 2012

Is Accentus still just paying for visible black characters and no spaces?  I see that their recent ad mentions line rates, but doesn't state anything about spaces.. ...

Transcription Line Rates Expectations
Oct 23, 2012

Copied directly from an advertisement for a transcriptionist for a hospital setting;  2. Transcribes an average of 10,000 lines per day, based on an 8 hour day.   now, can anybody really do this?  lol.  maybe they are talking speech rec, but even this would be a lot to expect.  Wonder if they pay incentive for going over line requirements.  ...

Compare Company Line Rates (sm)
Apr 03, 2014

Can we post line rates quoted to experienced MTs this year?  I think many of us do not wish to waste applying and testing for a company that is reducing the line rate AGAIN to only .03 cpl.  If anyone was offered less than .04/.08, did you turn it down? Did they offer more? Name of company?Thanks for any input.  ...

Compare Line Rates Between IC And Employee?
Aug 19, 2014

Can someone please tell me how to compare line rates between IC and employee?  I know IC pays less due to taxes and social security not paid by employer, but if someone could tell me what 8 cpl as an IC really pays, I would really appreciate it.  TIA. ...

6 And 4? What Happened To 9 And 6? Line Rates Go Down Daily! Sm
Apr 23, 2015

Working for 6 cents seems so little... smh... I just don't know anymore. Maybe go work at Arbys? ...

Well, That's Just Great - My 25 Minute Job Is Not Showing Up In My Line Count.
Jul 27, 2013

It showed 3 tries. I thought it uploaded on the 3rd try and went on my dinner break. When I came back to work, I noticed a message that my settings and my job had not uploaded and to sign on again when uploading is back up! The job, of course, did not come back to me. I brought the job # up in the document search in FTT (DQM), but I can't see who the editing is attributed to. Anyone know how to see that? ...

Acute Care Transcription - Going Line Rates?
Nov 26, 2012

Hi, am new to the boards.  Have recently started acute care transcription, H&Ps, discharge summaries, etc.  Can anyone help with what the going line rates are (65 character line).  Thanks. ...

RECENT Information On Precyse Regarding Line Rates
Jan 13, 2013

Does anyone have any RECENT information on Precyse regarding line rates, quality of insurance and other benefits, quality of work and stability of work load, etc.?  Thanks!   ...