A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Medical Transcription - What is the minimum line count required - mkc

Posted: Dec 27, 2011

What is the minimum line count required for your jobs.

1100 per day.....nm - tiny

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

125 lph - Ayn

[ In Reply To ..]
based on 65-character line, no spaces. Straight transcription, no VR/SR

Line Count - Rottie Mom

[ In Reply To ..]
12,000 lines per pay period.

Line count - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
9500 pp

Minimum - ilmt

[ In Reply To ..]
1400 per shift.

Line Count - mkc

[ In Reply To ..]
The line count we have for our transcriptionists that work from home is 1400 per shift. There had been some discussion about raising it to 250 lines per hour, did not know if this was unreasonable goal.

I think it depends...........sm - tiny

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't work for an MTSO, so I wonder how much checking and verifying you have to do, which can cut into your line count. I work for a hospital, we usually do a lot of checking and verifying for just about every report, making sure the encounter, d.o.s., work type, etc, are correct. If you work for a service, do you still have access to all of this information? My experience with an MTSO was basically you had no access to any chart information, so you had to leave blanks if the dictation wasn't clear.

Also, depends what type of work your transcribing. If you are doing all acute care, this is probably doable....but if your typing tons of different work types without "normals" and shortcuts, this could be difficult.

''line count - mkc'' - 250 an hour?

[ In Reply To ..]
It most certainly is unreasonable to expect 250 an hour to be sustained over 8 hours.

Minimum line count - CB

[ In Reply To ..]
Last job - 15,000 per pay period (98% VR).

Current job - 1100 a day for text with incentives starting at 1201. VR 1650 with incentives starting at 1801. Different scale for a mix of VR and text.

1200 lines a day - FT 8 hour shift

[ In Reply To ..]
It would be hard to do anymore than that. I am surprised to hear that some have a minimum of 1400. Some days I can do 1400+. Last pay period I did it 3 days out of the pay period, but there were 5 days when I did less than 1200. The days I did well made up for the days I didn't. I am pretty sure my MTSO doesn't care as long as you make 12,000 in a pay period, which I am always able to do. Luckily. You guys who are only required to do less than 1200 are lucky!

Don't have one - memls

[ In Reply To ..]
We don't really have a required line count...we are required to make 450 per pay period for part time and 900 per pay period for full time..gross

Similar Messages:

No Required Line Count
Mar 11, 2011

I would like to know if there are any companies out there that do not require a line count per day or week.   I have been away from transcription for a long time, almost five years,  and I don't know if I could handle having to worry about that.  I looked in the Archives, but the info in there is too overwhelming and confusing.    Any suggestions?  Thank you.  ...

K&R Consulting Required Line Count
Jan 02, 2012

For any MTs that work for K&R, is it possible to get the required line count in 8 hours since VBC only?  I have heard they are nice to work for.   ...

Required Line Count Webmedx/Nuance
Jan 29, 2012

Would anyone be willing to tell me how may lines they require per week/payperiod?  TIA.   ...

Does Anyone Make The Bonus Or Even Over Min Required Line Count??
Jun 29, 2013

Please don't bash too much.  I took this job, made my bed and have to lie in it.  I like the work, am getting use to the dictators, but the realization is setting in that my pay, no matter how hard I work, will not get much over state min.  I've already had 2 checks with some MUP and probably will have a third.  What gets me is, we're told to speed up play to edit faster, yet I have gotten, on more than one occasion, messages from QA/QC to slow down to get bett ...

WMX/nuance - Did Not Make The Required Line Count One Week
Nov 07, 2011

Relatively new.  Did not make the required line count one week.  Is this a biggie or are you okay as long as you average out for payperiod?  What might I expect? ...

What Is The Minimum Line Count
Mar 28, 2012

I've been trying to go through the older posts on here, but I've waded through so many opinion-based comments that my mind is beginning to spin.  Thanks for any fact-based answers. ...

What Is The Minimum Line Count At Keystrokes?
Jan 18, 2011

Is there a strict 8-hour schedule?  How is their clinic work?  Do you have to type out an unending pool of doctors or can you have your own doctors to transcribe for?  Thanks! ...

Escription - 250 Line Count Minimum - Median Lines Or Average Lines?
Dec 20, 2014

Does anybody know which column companies look at to decide if you are meeting the minimum 250 requirement in Escription? When I look at the metrics there are 2 columns...median lines per hour and average lines per hour. ...

What Are The Minimum Required Computer
Sep 16, 2013

specs for most companies that require you to have your own computer. Got laid off from MM, who provided computers (the ONLY good thing about them!)....but now as I am looking I am finding most places don't do this. Can you use a laptop if you have the required specs? My laptop has 4GB "sdram" and 500 GB hard drive. It has windows 8. I guess I'd have to buy an expander. Will these specs be okay? Thanks in advance! ...

Transcription Doctors-line Count
Apr 16, 2012

Anyone know how to check their line count per report? Thanks. ...

Anyone Know The Minimum Number Of Hours And Lines Per Week Required For Part-time
Aug 04, 2010

MT/ME positions at Medquist? ...

Line Count - Is MTStars Flash Count And/or Abacus Equivocal
Feb 27, 2010

I usually use the line count built into the Word program itself.  Is MTStars flash count and/or abacus equivocal ??  Any one program better than the other ??  TIA ...

Does Count Score Mean Line Count In Fluency?
Sep 20, 2013

x ...

I Can't Find Required Line Counts - Please Help.
Jun 15, 2012

I cannot find in my ton of notes the daily/weekly line requirements.   ...

What Is The Required Line Counts Daily/pay Period?
Apr 04, 2012

Need to know if I can produce.  :) ...

Is There A Difference Between A Sylvan 65 Character Line And Using The Line Count In Word - Sm
Jun 15, 2012

to divide by 65 to get the number of lines??? Thanks. ...

VR Line Count - What Kind Of Line Production Should I Shoot For
Mar 24, 2011

I was just hired on with a company to do strictly VR. I am only going to be working part time so about 4 hours a day. I am wondering from those who do VR what kind of line production should I shoot for in 4 hours of work? What is the normal VR line count for part time? I have read that most who are working full time or 8 hours a day are doing more than 1,000, even 2,000 a day. The company I will be working for wants a minimum of 10,000 lines in a payperiod which the lady said even with part time ...

Line Count Software - Anyone Have MP Count?
Apr 01, 2010

Anyone have MP Count?  I used it a few years ago, but my computer crashed so I no longer have it.  I'm not sure if this IC job is gonna work out so I'm not wanting to buy a program at this point. Any advice? Thanks. ...

Character Count/line Count
Feb 23, 2011

Is this correct? I type 70,000 characters a day. I am paid by the 65 character line so I would divide 70,000 by 65 to get 1076, then multiple that by pay per line, say $.10 and get $107. If this is not correct then what is the formula? And what is the average number of lines per day? Thanks so much for the info. ...

How To Not Count Template In Line Count
Jun 25, 2012

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what is the easiest way to not count template lines when trying to invoice? I get a line count through Word, but I hear that Word counts blank spaces as well.  I downloaded and use Flash Count, but it includes all 65 character lines, I beleive including the template headings.  I hope this makes sense.  Please help!! ...

Am I Reading The Line Counts Required For Bonus Tier Correctly?
Dec 11, 2012

They are HUGELY different than before.  The incentive starts at 7001 lines now?  It was at 14,001 lines before.  Am I missing something?  I hope not, because this would be a great change. ...

IT And Line Counts Vs Other Line Count Programs
Oct 24, 2011

I would like opinions about the IT (Instant Text) line count program? Do you find it user friendly? Are there other programs preferred/easier? Any suggestions or opinions? TIA. ...

Minimum Line Requirements
Jan 20, 2010

Have any MTSOs set a minimum number of lines per hour for VR Editing (per hour, day, week, or pay period)?  I have seen posts where Medical Transcriptionists/VR Editors have lamented about losing benefits because they are not able to meet straight typing minimums (the average seems to be around 150 lines per hour, 1200 lines per day, or 6000 lines per week), but I have never seen anyone talk about not being able to meet MINIMUM VR Editing requirements.  Since it seems as though most la ...

Minimum Line Requirements 150 LPH?
Nov 22, 2013

For the sake of clarification, is the minimum line requirements really 150 LPH for all MTs on all accounts?  I watched the recorded presentation this morning and am not really liking what I see.   What happens if you don't make the 150 LPH???  Probation???  Firing??  Insurance was EXPENSIVE.  Also, looking at the posts, does the "clock" we use track our keystrokes to see when we are working or how does that work??? ...

Can't Seem To Meet The Minimum Line Counts
Dec 30, 2012

I am new at Nuance - started in Nov. I am beginning to get frustrated though cause I just can't seem to meet the minimum line counts with VR or typing. Please, someone tell me it's not just me .... I know they give you 3 months to "get up to speed", but I don't think that is going to be long enough for me at the rate I am going. Do they terminate you if you aren't meeting line counts after 3 months?  How long did it take some of you to be able to consistently meet the line c ...

Has Our Minimum Line Requirement Changed?
Nov 19, 2014

It is still 150 lines/hr for straight isn't it?  (I think I've gotten a total of 3 straight transcription jobs in the last month).  So, is it 150 lines for VR too, which is what the majority of our work is?  Or is the line requirement much higher for VR?  This is all assuming there is work of course........ ...

Nuance Line Counts - Required Line Counts?
Jan 01, 2013

Can you tell me what the required line counts are for Nuance please ? ...

What Is Your Minimum Line Requirement, Typing, VR, Or Combination.
May 03, 2012

x ...

Help - How To Get Line Count
Jan 07, 2010

Just did a job with a big standard.  I have the line count, but do not know how to tell if I'm being credited with the lines in the standard.  How can I calculate this?  Thanks. ...

NEW LINE COUNT
May 24, 2011

Hi.  Can anyone decipher what the memo means about the new line count?  How will our pay change, wait...never mind...I am sure it will go down.  Anyway, what does this new stuff mean? ...