A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

My job ad pet peeves ... - (sm)

Posted: Jun 08, 2011

1.  Job ads with typos -- you know they'll try to nail us for them but apparently they don't have to be accurate!  LOL

2.  Job ads with poor punctuation -- like no comma after the state abbreviation in a sentence.

3.  Job ads with e-mail addresses that prove there is no website.  How professional is that?

4.  Job ads with no range of pay listed whatsoever.  Come on, give us a range!  I'm not interested in applying for your 5 cpl job! 

5.  Job ads that are full of attitude, a list of what they aren't going to do, but then their demands on what we should be able to do.

Whew!  I feel soooo much better!

Job ads - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Yeah, me too! I won't even apply to a job with any attitude. If this is their best foot forward in a new relationship so to speak, I don't want to read their crap and I certainly don't want to work for them and hear the crap!

Job ad - Old pro

[ In Reply To ..]
And I would never hire anyone who used "crap" or any other unprofessional language.

eww, I've said it before and I'll say it again --- - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
The ones written by recruiters. The ones that are loooooooooooooooooong and sound like an infomercial. The ones that offer you the world covered in chocolate and come off sounding like carnival barkers...

"GIRLY-GIRL...LET ME TELL YOU WHAT I'LL DO FOR YOU...CLICK RIGHT HERE..."

PFFFT

Happier now? Just don't forget, none of these are - reliable indicators of job quality,

[ In Reply To ..]
although I personally like the idea of vast numbers of MTs refusing to apply for a great job I want because of this stuff. It's usually totally irrelevant, though, and it's important to keep your eyes on the prize. The Job. What is The Job?

Even that "attitude" can be wildly misinterpreted. Sometimes they're just suffering from employer PTSD and trying to scare off more people like the ones they had to get rid of. A reliably negative indicator for bad MTs only. Pragmatist

Similar Messages:

Pet Peeves
May 11, 2010

Just a couple little pet peeves I have that I would like to rant about to my fellow MTs who will understand.  It drives me nuts when people dictate the word "dyspnea" as s/l dipsnea and the word "pharynx" as s/l pharnix.  I don't know why this bothers me so much, but it does, LOL.  Let me know if this drives you crazy too or any other pet peeves you have.  Have a great evening everyone :-) ...

To Employers: My Pet Peeves For The Day
Nov 10, 2010

Dear Employer:  Please make client sheets clear.  I am so tired of reading a client sheet over and over trying to understand how something is supposed to be done.  There's got to be a better way.  Don't put information in one area of the client sheet and then an exception to the rule somewhere else.  I read through the instructions until I find what I need, if there is an exception to the rule it should be where the rule is, not somewhere else in the instructi ...

Poll: Spelling Pet Peeves
Sep 24, 2010

These drive me nuts when I see them! "I could care less" ... WRONG!  It is "I could not/couldn't care less" --  In other words, there is no more "caring" left!  LOL Rediculous ... WRONG!   It is "ridiculous." Pleural when "plural" is needed! You're vs your.   You're stands for "you are"!  Your is a possessive! Ok.  Your turn!   ...

3 Pet Peeves Of Dictators All In One Dictation
Feb 16, 2011

Three pet peeves that I have when it comes to dictators are eating, coughing, and sneezing.  I got 'em all in one piece of dictation.  All the way through words are separated by smacking noises, coughing, sneezing, and snorting.  These doofuses should be made to listen to their own dictation.  There are more sound effects than words.  Sorry, just had to vent. ...