A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Monthly Lease Fees - MT999

Posted: Jul 05, 2011

For you seasoned MTs, how common is it, as an IC, to be required to pay a monthly fee for the software needed to download audio files?

Thanks for your advice!

monthly fees - nina

[ In Reply To ..]
I have never heard of that before (I've been in the business 15 years). I would not work for a company who charged me to work for them. I would stay away if I were you.

I don't pay and would never pay - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
I think anyone who tries to require you to pay is shady. I am an IC for two different companies and I have never heard of that ever.

not common but legal and I've seen a few doing it - more and more

[ In Reply To ..]
The reality is you're an MTSO. You incur costs to do business. You write it off.

Similar Messages:

New Lease On Life -- Cleaned My Keyboard
Nov 11, 2009

Didn't just wipe it down, like I usually do...this time I took it apart (it was disgusting in there -- I know how all the food & coffee got in there, but what about that enormous wad of dog hair???)  popped off all the keys & cleaned them with detergent, cleaned in, around, under keyboard cover.  Let everything dry overnight, put it all back together & voila!  Feels incredible.  I had no idea everything was so gunked up. (Hint:  I took some little snaps ...

Fast Chart And Fees
Feb 18, 2011

I applied to Fast Chart, tested and then was offered a position.  So, I read their contract and got to the fees section.  I knew they charged a 7.50 fee for not meeting your line requirement, but then there was going to be another fee after you had been there for 90 days.  This fee is calculated using some kind of formula 40.00 - (A/B)*40....A is number of lines you actually transcribed and B is the Line requirement and then there is another formula to calculate edited lines.  ...

General Question About Fees For Coding
Aug 27, 2010

I'm an MT debating on taking classes to become certified for coding. I was curious as to what supplies you are furnished with and is it everything necessary to complete your studies and receive your certification, or do you also find you must purchase a lot of extraneous supplies? With budgeting on a shoestring, I'll be lucky to afford the classes and am hoping the fees are all-inclusive rather than having a lot of unbudgeted "surprises" once I (hopefully) get rolling.  TIA to ...

About The Monthly Bonus....
Oct 26, 2009

We used to get the monthly production bonus as a separate check on the 25th.   I didn't get a separate check for this although I should have qualified.  Paltry as it is, every little bit helps.  I do see an "incentive bonus" on my regular paystub, but I'm not sure if this is from some past incentive I have since forgotten about or if they are now just putting the regular monthly bonus on one statement along with our regular pay. Can anyone help?  Is the month ...

If Anyone Gets A Monthly Bonus.....
Nov 25, 2009

Have you found that it's getting less and less for the VERY SAME AMOUNT OF LINES?  I got a smaller bonus (piddly as it is) this month for MORE lines than I produced a few months ago and got a larger bonus for.  I know the bonus is pretty much based on some kind of whim and/or some computations that require a master's degree in mathematics to figure out, but it would sure be nice if they could be consistent.  I guess I should be glad I get one at ALL at this point.  ...

Monthly Bonus Dropping
Feb 26, 2010

Has anyone else been seeing a gradual yet substantial drop in monthly bonus amounts?  Anyone know what the "pool" amount is these days or is that still top secret? ...

WMX QA Monthly Status Report
Sep 14, 2010

Just read this report, and I find it so ironic and insulting that they institute this new non-productive, mistake-promoting platform and garbage-producing ISR, degrade the sound, and then turn around and blame us for the customer complaints that are coming in about quality of work. They should be looking at their decision to buy it, listen to us about it's shortcomings, and fix it or go back to what worked, we enjoyed using and were productive with quality reports using it!&n ...

Failed Monthly Audit-yippee
May 19, 2010

what a shock-not !!! ...

Has Anyone Gotten Their Regular Monthly Bonus As A Separate Check IF It Were Over $100?
Oct 26, 2009

Down below someone said it only comes as a separate check if it is over $100. Mine have always been in the 120 to 150 range and I have gotten a separate check.  But for the past 2 months, nothing.   CCM has no idea what is up.  Just wondering if anyone's bonus if over $100 came, as usual, as a separate check.   TIA ...

Drug Help S/l Depo Es-tron-ee 5 Mg Injection Monthly
Mar 13, 2011

x ...

Makes Me Sick India MTs Get A Fixed Monthly
Apr 27, 2013

http://jobs.monsterindia.com/details/13082819.html?sig=js-1-86421afb9904fec0391c109803698450-1&from= Inviting applications from MTs, Proof readers, Direct Posters and QAs from Bhubaneshwar region.  On being an MModalian, you have the following benefits:  Fixed Base Salary.  Attractive Performance Linked Incentives for achievement and exceeding targets.  Quality Incentives from line one  Incentive protection for initial months.  Lucrative Night shift allow ...

Augusta Coding And Transcription Charge A Monthly Fee For Their License
Dec 02, 2011

I have an offer to apply.  I noted they charge a monthly fee for their license free.  I have lots of acute-care experience and I have never paid for anything like that.  A little hesitant about that though.  Any information would be greatly appreciated.  At the present time, I really need a job.   Thanks ...

Critical Backlog Alert...quit The Monthly Audits Or
May 30, 2015

and I might consider caring. As the poster below indicated, cut my pay by 3 cpl and I'm outta here.  ...

He Is Getting Monthly S/l "sin O Gest" Vaccinations. Immunizations Are Up To Date. Thank
Jan 30, 2010

thanks! ...

Anyone Ever Pay Monthly Taxes For Taxes Owed
May 12, 2014

I owed a bit of money for last years taxes, which I do not have so am making monthly payments.  I sent in the form to request to pay monthly, but have not heard anything back.  Has anyone done this and is this unusual (that I have not heard back anything)?  I was reading all these websites and they were saying just keep mailing in what you can each month until it's paid off and then you might owe penalties, which I understand.  It stinks, but right now I have more bills ...