A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Medical search engine? - nightowl

Posted: Aug 24, 2014

Anyone know of a medical search engine?

This is the closest to one I've seen - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
This is the closest to a medical search engine I've seen. It's called Medical Transcription Word Seeker, more like a customized search of Google that searches medical websites. See link below:

I use the above site...SM - Old Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
and have been for at least 4 or 5 years. Works great for me. Usually find what I need.

P.S...SM - Old Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I have also used Family Practice Notebook in the past for some things. Very informational.

I use it too, very helpful - jk

[ In Reply To ..]

I use MT Word Seeker too, can't do without it. What makes it different from normal Google is this particular customized version just searches medical and MT-related sites. There are also refinement links at the top of the results page, clicking on which narrows down the search results even further to websites on the topic clicked. For example, clicking on "Doc & Hospital Search" refinement will show results from doc & hospital finder websites exclusively.

Similarly, clicking on the refinement, "Medication Searcher" shows search results from just medication websites. There are also other refinements like "Medical Abbrev," "Dictionaries," "Do-Not-Use Abbrev," "Nursing Home Search," among others. Do note that all these refinements do not show up on all search results, but on search results matching closely to the query.

So, for example, if you search for medications, the refinement tab "Medication Searcher" shows up and you can click and refine search results from just med sites.

To search across all sites again, you'd have to click the "All Results" button. This is important to reset the settings to its default setting of searching across all sites.

Another notable difference from Google search is that when you type in a query, you get suggestions that are of relevance, not non-medical words or phrases.

Awesome, thank you so much! - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you for the detailed explanation.

thank you - tj

[ In Reply To ..]
So excited to discover this, thanks for sharing :) :)

I am most appreciative of this information. - thank you!

[ In Reply To ..]
I had no idea you could do this. This is why this website works. Exchange of brilliant and helpful information.

Medical Search Engine - I use only this one

[ In Reply To ..]
PogoFrog.com It is the best and specifically for medical.

I use MT Word Seeker - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I've tried pogo, but I don't find the refinement links there that I find on MT Word Seeker. I think it's a general medical search engine as opposed to a medical search engine for medical transcriptionists as I don't seem to find many sample reports/terms on pogo.

Similar Messages:

Is There A Search Engine That Searches Just Medical Sites?
Feb 23, 2011

I am not sure what's going on of late, but I don't seem to get relevant search results when I use G. I search for a medical word, but get results from sites that have nothing to do with medicine. I end up questioning the credibility of these search results and have to research more. Needless to say, I've been losing money spending so much more time researching words. Sometimes, I just wonder if I could have access to a medical search engine to cut out the non-medical stuff. Anyone ...

Which Search Engine Do You Use?
Oct 02, 2013

Wondering which search engine you use to find words? Is it just Google or are there other search engines you've found works better for finding words? ...

Which Search Engine Do You Use To Search?
Jan 11, 2014

Wondering if everyone still uses just Google, or have you found something better? Curious to know! ...

Medical Coding - How To Search For Jobs At Home
Jul 21, 2010

Hello, I am a MT and wanted to also do coding, could you please tell me how to search for jobs at home once I am done with school ??  Does anybody have a board for coder jobs thanks so much ...

WebmedX New ISR Engine
Feb 04, 2010

Opinions? Am i the only one unimpressed? I can't believe THIS is what they think is so fabulous that it warrants a pay cut.  ...

This Is A Well-trained Speech Engine
Jul 08, 2011

The below listed paragraph is echo-dictation. This means that I am listening to the dictator and repeating what is said into a microphone.  I have not read this paragraph, so what you about to read has not been edited by me (correct errors). --- If you are doing VR and the text you are reviewing doesn't look like this in terms of accuracy, then the problem lies with the facility who is using speech recognition. I just want to (hopefully) put to rest the negative comments about speech r ...

And Yet Another MM Speech Engine Blooper
Feb 08, 2013

Instead of gabapentin, grab a panty. ...

The Well-trained Speech Engine
Jun 10, 2014

This is copied/pasted from a document I'm to be working on. I have not yet proofed anything. What you are about to read is what appears on the screen. It's a fast dictator. The service is v-e-r-y emphatic about keeping the speech engine constantly updated with corrected documents. *THIS* is what I'm talking about.  The patient is a very pleasant 73-year-old gentleman who returns today for an evaluation.  He was last seen by.  His pain is though a very low back pain ...

Enterprise Express Editor- Key Combination To Change Speech Engine
Jan 28, 2015

Can anyone share the keystrokes used to alert/train the speech engine to remember a term. Example:  milligrams per kilograms per hour to mg/kg/h OR really anything you want it to learn.   (yes I know we are dealing with software that is almost impossible to train - especially with MiraLax versus MiraLAX).  Thanks so much! ...

Search Bar
Dec 12, 2012

Anyone else having problems with the search bar not coming up? ...

How Do I Search?
Oct 30, 2014

I'm trying to search the company board for RECENT info on several companies. When I hit search, it takes me to a blank screen that says MTStars search, and when I hit that, it takes me right back to the previous page. When I hit Archives, it only gives 2005-2009. ...

Job Search
Oct 31, 2014

Current employer switching to outsource.   Need help with compaies safe to look for or ones to stay away from.12 yrs experience. Thanks ...

Where Is The Search Function?
Oct 15, 2009

Can anyone tell me how to find the search function? It's probably staring me right in the face, and I just don't notice it. ...

HOW DO YOU SEARCH ON THIS BOARD NOW
Oct 16, 2009

How do you search now on this new board?   ...

Search Function
Oct 18, 2009

why is there no search function on here? ...

How Do You Search Anything On Here Anymore?
Oct 21, 2009

How do you search anything on here anymore?  If I want to check past posts on a particular company, etc.?  Did they do away with that?  If so I don't think that was a great idea.  I like to be able to look up info here by doing searchs of old posts first to see if my questions were already answered.  I don't want to waste someones time if they just answered the same question last week, etc. Can I still do a search and if so how? Thanks! ...

How To Do A Search On This Board??
Oct 22, 2009

Hi, I'm still trying to get accustomed to this interface.  I can't find the search feature...? Is it staring me right in the face? Thanks! ...

Search Engines
Apr 06, 2010

So, which ones do you use and gives you the best results? Just wondering if everyone still considers Google to be the best one around? ...

LANDMARK . . . Most Of The Search I Have Done . . . Sm
May 16, 2010

shows pretty happy people here.  Are you concerned about going to VR?  Would like to know if now is a good time to join the company or not.   How is the VR with landmark? ...

The Search For A Good MT...
Jun 15, 2010

I am just really troubled about this post that good MTs are hard to find.  While I agree there are bound to be some people that are not cut out for the MT business, I am just wondering how long MTSOs are going to allow that standard to continue.  This is some of my experience: I have been hired by a MTSO that has been in business for 10 years yet not 1 single MT in the office. No one had a clue as to the account specs or ever worked on the platform. There ...

Search Option
Jul 11, 2010

Hi, Is there a search query anywhere on the MTStars website?  I recall there used to be one, but I cannot find it.  Thanks in advance for any help. ...

Just Something I Noticed About Name Search--sm
Oct 12, 2010

If it is taking a long time to do a name search, doctor or patient, I just stop and and do it again and it goes right to it.  This is the same for "accepting" patient visit. ...

Was The Search Feature Taken Away??? Sm
Jan 22, 2011

So, when we went to UltiPro did they take away the Search feature for looking up old reports, patients, etc?   I tried this morning and it went straight to statistics?   I get so stinking mad when they keep changing things.  I guess they don't care about FTR any longer?  I used the Search a lot... ...

Search The Archives
Feb 15, 2011

I have seen people say a few times that they have already searched the archives.  Well how do I do this?  I do not see anywhere with a search box.  I have questions regarding a companies and do not want to repeat questions if they have already been answered.  Thanks. ...

Cannot Use Search Anywhere On MTSTARS
Aug 17, 2012

I am trying to do a search on MTSTARS, but when I hit the search button, I get a message there is "error on page" and nothing shows on the page -- totally blank.  I tried hitting the search button on other categories, and that also does not work.  Can anyone help me?  So that I can use the "search" button on MT Stars? ...

From Another Job Search Site
Apr 25, 2013

Medical Language SpeialistsAnd QC Editors Needed! ...

Your Forum Search Is Still Not Available
Aug 17, 2013

. ...

Anybody Having Problems With ADT Search Currently?
Dec 04, 2013

It's either very slow or giving my a System or Communication Error. ...

Search Function?
Jan 14, 2014

Is it just me or is there a problem with the Search function????  I am only able to do a Google search, not within MTStars itself.... ...

No Search Box Coming Up
Apr 10, 2014

Does anyone else have trouble when clicking Search where no search box comes up?  Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't for a very long time.  Just wondering if it is my computer or what.  Anyone else have that trouble? ...