A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I've come to the conclusion - anon

Posted: Mar 04, 2013

that I currently hold my last job as an MT.  Part out of choice and part because of the changes in this carreer.  When this job ends for whatever reason I am getting out of the industry.  I have lost my enthusiasm for this dying profession.  I do need to earn a living and have plans for the next chapter of my life, but there is some settling of my mind with this decision, which was a long time coming.  Good luck to all that stay.

I feel the same way - exactly

[ In Reply To ..]
I am at peace with my decision now, finally.

same here...finally at peace with it - anon2

[ In Reply To ..]
Took me a while to realize I was not in control of making my job as an MT viable and successful. It had nothing to do with my attitude.

This professional career has become a three ring circus.

I've never heard it put better (nm). - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

GOOD for you guys. I am old and rural, or I would have gone - long ago. It is harder to think about than do. :)

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I'm with you. I'm currently only in it for the health ins., - as I look for something else. (NOT in MT).

[ In Reply To ..]
When I finally find something else and make a change, it will be to a stable, RESPECTED field - NOT transcription, not even healthcare. Healthcare has become a total employment armpit.

MTSOs - ARE YOU PAYING ATTENTION? - This post expresses how MOST of us feel.

[ In Reply To ..]
Don't imagine that this post needs a thousand affirmative replies to confirm its truth. Most of us are even too tired to do that.

And YOU KNOW that neither off-shoring NOR speech recognition will save your bacon.

We're not only getting out, but we're advising those we know not to enter the profession.

So you fiddle while Rome burns. You pay peanuts. You kowtow to clients' outrageous demands, because you think you can keep passing them off on us. And you think that tomorrow will be just like today.

Well, it won't be.

Day of Reckoning - FedUpToHere

[ In Reply To ..]
I totally agree. I've been in transcription for approx. 15 years and while I am still passionate about it, I know it's time to get on the life boat before the ship finally sinks. MTSOs have made a mockery of this profession, one that I had planned on retiring from when I'm old and gray. That's just a pipe dream now. I do not want to leave transcription, I truly do love it, but I really don't have a choice. I hope I am around to see the day of reckoning.

Similar Messages:

My Conclusion
May 18, 2010

I ran into a thread below a few days ago and decided to read some of it, even though I didn't know anything about the MTSO being discussed and had never even heard of them until now. At first I was leaning toward the opinion that they had some things they need to change, although that's the case with any company in any business, not just MT. There is no perfect company, and no perfect people, employers or employees. As the discussion continued on, it looked more like a vicious attack ...

I Have Come To The Conclusion That Whenever
Sep 28, 2011

a dictator starts out a discharge summary with "Briefly," it is going to be a long, detailed, drawn out report, LOL.  Why do they bother to dictate "please see H and P for further details" when they are pretty much dictating it all over again anyway including the color, make, year, and model of cars involved in the accident and what intersection it happened at (for example)? Sorry, just had to vent that. ...

I Have Come To This Conclusion After Working At Nuance.
Feb 09, 2015

Since they constantly bounce us back and forth, forcing us to choose between production and quality, which have you chosen? Or aren't you there yet? I have chosen quality. At least for the moment. I think I'm getting just as whacko as they are. Signed, Present MUP Collector ...