A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

My Conclusion - Experienced CMT

Posted: May 18, 2010

I ran into a thread below a few days ago and decided to read some of it, even though I didn't know anything about the MTSO being discussed and had never even heard of them until now. At first I was leaning toward the opinion that they had some things they need to change, although that's the case with any company in any business, not just MT. There is no perfect company, and no perfect people, employers or employees.

As the discussion continued on, it looked more like a vicious attack with no facts substantiating the claims being made, although some of the more reasonable and appropriate messages did have some points that sound credible to me.

Then the discussion degenerated into nothing but one or two people making accusations against anyone who said anything favorable. That was a turning point for me. The ridiculous ones were easy to pick out and have no credibility at all. For example, if a message includes the words "suit" in it, that's most likely a hysterical reaction with no informational value. You won't find facts there, just childish behavior. Those are easy to ignore if one is really interested in seeing through the silliness and getting to the truth.

My final conclusion is, just like any other company, some people will find it a good place to work and others won't. The deciding factor for me was when I asked myself whether I would want any of these people working for me, regardless of whether they were pro or con about the MTSO in question. I thought there were some reasonable people on both sides, but the "suits" messages and the "I'm Starving But I'm Staying" messages convinced me that I would, if I were looking for a job, apply with them and give them a try.  My conclusion is that they probably do need to make some changes, but what they are doing is working for some, and I believe it would work for me, because I'm motivated enough to make it work. 

At any rate, that's how I came out on it and I respect the reasonable views of others who have come to a different conclusion. I'm not looking for a job and I'm not going to work for them anyway, but it was an interesting exercise in internet politics.

Good luck to everyone, whether you work there, used to work there, plan to work there, wish you didn't work there, or would never work there. 

well, I personally don't know what company you're talking about... - cc

[ In Reply To ..]
...and I haven't participated in any "conversations" here lately, but I agree there's lots of name-calling here. However, a lot of times people use the "suit" thing towards posters who seem to continually defend the most truly egregious company BS ever, and also engage in name-calling toward any other poster who dares to complains about said egregious company behavior.

There also truly ARE some company representatives here on this board who pose as MTs--there just are, like it or not. Yes, there also are some people here who would not be happy at any company. But my guess is that most MTs here have worked really, genuinely hard in this business--some of us for decades--and only recently (within the last couple of years) have been up-ended by our companies; our salaries have been cut drastically, sometimes in half. That tends to make even the best MTs complain. That would tend to make people in ANY industry complain.

Similar Messages:

I Have Come To The Conclusion That Whenever
Sep 28, 2011

a dictator starts out a discharge summary with "Briefly," it is going to be a long, detailed, drawn out report, LOL.  Why do they bother to dictate "please see H and P for further details" when they are pretty much dictating it all over again anyway including the color, make, year, and model of cars involved in the accident and what intersection it happened at (for example)? Sorry, just had to vent that. ...

I've Come To The Conclusion
Mar 04, 2013

that I currently hold my last job as an MT.  Part out of choice and part because of the changes in this carreer.  When this job ends for whatever reason I am getting out of the industry.  I have lost my enthusiasm for this dying profession.  I do need to earn a living and have plans for the next chapter of my life, but there is some settling of my mind with this decision, which was a long time coming.  Good luck to all that stay. ...

I Have Come To This Conclusion After Working At Nuance.
Feb 09, 2015

Since they constantly bounce us back and forth, forcing us to choose between production and quality, which have you chosen? Or aren't you there yet? I have chosen quality. At least for the moment. I think I'm getting just as whacko as they are. Signed, Present MUP Collector ...