A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Don't you just HATE this..........(I gotta fuss, lol) - Court

Posted: Feb 22, 2010

Why is it that when a doctor cannot pronounce a medication they will spend FIVE minutes TRYING to sound it out and STILL leave me with no clue what they are trying to say, when it would be MUCH quicker if they could just SPELL it?  I mean if you can't pronounce it, just SPELL it, even if you spell it wrong, I can find it quicker from it being spelled to me incorrectly than having to decipher out how you MIGHT be pronouncing it!

Just my rant for today, lol.

actually - deenibeeni

[ In Reply To ..]
I'd rather have them just give me the first letter, since usually they can't spell, either.

right! They even spell names wrong - ha ha

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I think if he could spell it, he could also pronounce it - .

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I think sometimes they are reading a patient's handwriting - deb

[ In Reply To ..]
from a "new patient" sheet and don't even know what the drug is. (I call these sheets "hypochondriac's checklist") LOL

Well, it's just a dose of their own "medicine" sm - Serves them right

[ In Reply To ..]
Ever tried to read their handwriting? As bad or worse than their dictation. It's a wonder more people haven't passed away from "doctor-bad-handwriting-itis" - sheesh, aren't they special? LOL

true, but deb is talking about patient's handwriting, - handwriting

[ In Reply To ..]
although I doubt that a patient will be told to enter the meds that he is taking into his name sheet. He has to enter his name in print letters, the Drs. should be able to spell or pronounce it.

This is usually asked from the patient during the examination and the doctor wrote it into his chart, now maybe he points and clicks it into his EMR template.

one of my docs adds extra m's to med names - ggmt

[ In Reply To ..]
Drives me nuts. It's always FloMAnase or XaMAnax with him.

Similar Messages:

Can Somebody Explain To Me What All The Fuss
May 01, 2012

What part the MT industry plays in all of this? I have noticed a lot of resentment on the boards about this issue. Some seem really upset about it. Then there was the suppose strike that took place today; however, I dont view this as soley an MT issue. I have not had time to do a whole lot of reading about it and what the day stands for, but so far what I get out of it is that there was a group of MTs on this board who planned on participating and others disagreed. I am having trouble u ...

Gotta Wonder
Mar 23, 2010

Gotta wonder if all these patients with "poor hearing acuity" are really deaf or just can't understand the doctor (which I can totally identify with, but feel my hearing acuity is fine). So patients are at fault also if they can't understand the doctor?    ...

Just Gotta Gripe
Oct 30, 2009

I am just so exasperated right now!  I'm a new MT, been at it a little over 3 months.  I think the company I work for is pretty good.  We have mostly good dictators, good platform, plenty of work, and nice QA and staff.  I type 70 wpm, and I add to my word expander and autocorrect daily.  Our minimal required line count per week is 6,000, and I'm only averaging about 3,500 to 3,800.  I'm putting in 50 hours or a little more and still can ...

OK Gotta Write This
Jun 17, 2010

ASR:  tachy fell axis I am wiping the tears from my eyes on this one.  What a stupid program.  I swear it is written by the Indians.  I had a wonderful English-speaking clear-as-day doctor yesterday, first name of Daniel, and the ASR did not get 75% of his dictation.  It was just words and gibberish.  It was a crying shame.  That could have been a helpful tool in that instance.  It should have been able to transcribe him perfectly and editing should have ...

Those That Think Pay Will Ever Go Up, Just Gotta Bless
Jan 30, 2011

x ...

Gotta Question
Feb 14, 2011

what do you do if you find out you need to take a day or day and a half to attend symposium (need the CECs for my CMT) and it's during the first 90 days?  should you forget it and skip the symposium, or would you ask to be off and make up your time? ...

Gotta Vent!
Dec 11, 2011

Okay guys, I just have to vent because I know many of you share the same frustrations and will understand where I'm coming from. I've got over 10 years of transcription experience and I'm making $10 an hour. This is a $5 per hour cut from what I made in a larger city before I had to move to a smaller one in a different state. I got divorced earlier this year and this is no longer enough to survive on for me with just one income in the household now. I pride myself on being a good, ...

Gotta Brag -
Jan 20, 2012

On my semi-yearly quality analysis, I achieved 98.8%, the best I've done in three years.  I am a happy camper! ...

They Gotta Be Getting Desperate
Feb 16, 2012

After not being audited since last August, I just received an audit.  Do you suppose it was because I went over my CCM's head and complained to her supervisor about not hearing from her regarding the loss of a 10 minute report when DQS went down?  I thought they were going to slam me but, lo and behold, a near-perfect audit.  They gotta be getting desperate for MTs who can transcribe this crap and make it even moderately coherent.  Next time I think I'll leave profu ...

Gotta Love ASR
Mar 20, 2012

transcribed:  feet 1/2 pill a Rubin.  instead of bilirubin,,so close so close... ...

Gotta Gripe
Jul 19, 2012

I've got a gripe.  I hope this is not too long but would really like suggestions if any of my fellow MTs have been in this predicament.  If you are QA turned MT, don't bother to reply.  I don't need sarcasm to start my day. The company I worked for went into partnership with another company.  The new company even changed the name of the company and the new partner is the president of the company.  We're supposed to make all complaints to her; however ...

Gotta Read This
Aug 07, 2012

Gee whiz, Nuance's revenue was up approximately 34% in the 3rd quarter ending June 2012 especially in their healthcare market.  This sickens me IMO.   http://www.marketwatch.com/story/nuance-announces-third-quarter-fiscal-2012-results-2012-08-07 ...

Gotta Vent
Oct 24, 2014

I am doing a dictation from a doctor who sounds like he's got a mouth full of mush.  His speech is slurred and I can't understand half of what he's saying.  As a result, this report is going to QA with so many blanks in it that it looks like Swiss cheese.  At this point I really don't care any more. I've had it up to my eyeballs with this guy and everyone like him.  If I could afford to quit, I would right now. ...

Just Gotta Vent...
Nov 17, 2014

Feeling so frustrated that MDs can't be bothered to articulate... The company I work for "dings" me for blanks...but their QA is merciless about mistakes. (Non-critical, stupid grammatical issues, i.e., "The son agreed with the plan" versus "HIS son agreed with the plan.") I am feeling like I can't do this anymore. I am GOOD at what I do, but when audio sucks, what do they expect?  I am screwed no matter what I do. If I made more than $13 an hour, (which took me ye ...

Gotta Pass This One Along ... Sm
May 18, 2015

Dr. dictates:  Postsurgical drains over the abdomen ... VR types:  Postsurgical brains over the abdomen ...   Bwahahahahahahahaha!!! ...

I HATE MY JOB, I HATE THIS LIFE
Jul 09, 2011

I HATE that I am tied to my office just waiting for work to come in on two different companies.  I HATE that I just quit a third company because of LACK OF COMMUNICATION (gave my notice to Keystrokes, no response from ANYONE).  What is wrong with these people?  They demand certain things of us but we have no rights?  I HATE HATE HATE it and as soon as I possibly can find another job, I will LEAVE MT WORLD FOREVER.  I HATE THAT I HAVE NO LIFE WITH THIS PROFESSION.  H ...

End Of My Rope. Hate My Job, Hate What Has Become
Feb 18, 2014

of the medical field in general. What happened to all the American doctors? Has it become so blasted easy for foreigners to come over and get a job as a doctor or are Americans so damn-ass lazy that they don't want to get the education? Or is to so blasted expensive that no one can afford to become a doctor unless you are a foreign student? So freaking sick and tired of all these foreign dictators who speak so fast and sloppy. What the heck is going to become of our health care when we can& ...

Gotta Love And Incentive With NJA
Jul 14, 2012

I was actually gonna go for it with the increased days and lower line count ...

Okay, Gotta Vent...please Forgive Me
Aug 07, 2012

CRITICAL ERRORS - Okay, a patient comes into the hospital, gravely ill.  They take some xrays (I am radiology so I use that example). Maybe a CT or an MRI.  The radiologist is allerted this is a rush because the patient is so ill, he calls the report to the MD taking care of the patient to let him know what he sees.  Then, after he calls the report, he dictates it, and I type it...I make a mistake and put, lets say, no congestive heart failure noted, because he mumbles and talks ...

Gotta Love The Great VR
May 31, 2014

VR transcribed.  "The patient came in and from the bikini was not feeling good."  ...

Gotta Love Speech Wreck
May 23, 2015

Dictated:  vegetations  SR: bitch dictations   I sat and laughed for a good 2 minutes...smh   and the thing I wonder the most is HOW does SR even know that word?? LOL  ...

Gotta Vent - Applied For Many Jobs And...
Jun 02, 2015

Either get email or phone call asking when they can contact me, I reply, and they never do!  Why not just tell me the job is filled??  GRR... ...

Gotta Love That Automated Speech Recognition
Sep 16, 2010

Dictator said:    Sturge-Weber syndrome System typed:   stirred should we burst syndrome ...

After Sitting Here For Several Hours With No Work, Gotta Love The Ad For SoftScript. Sm
Jan 03, 2011

It states, "Most important plenty of work. We do all we can to assure you will stay busy your entire shift. NO waiting or praying for work to come." I guess today and the last 2 months have been my imagination.  ...

All I Gotta Say Is ..... "I Told You So."
Feb 24, 2011

d ...

I Sure Would Hate To Be A CTL Right Now
Mar 04, 2010

I sure would hate to be a CTL right now and be trying to sell this bag of doody.  They must absolutely need a job worse than ME!  ...

I Hate This Job I Hate This Job
Jul 02, 2010

MY VENT TODAY:  I hate QA, I hate my job.  My pay is HALF of what it was 15 years ago and I get picked and PICKED AND HOUNDED to death on meaningless garbage in a report.  Take away my benefits, make me a literal slave to a keyboard, pay me utter crap, treat me like less than a human, and DEMAND PERFECTION. What a stupid field I am in.   PS - If I wasn't too old, if the economy wasnt tanked, and if if if I would be out of this so-called profession. i would have left a ...

Why I Hate QA
Mar 29, 2010

I type a lot of crap, but just had the worst doc I think I ever had.  Had 11 QA markers so I sent it to QA thinking they might actually LIKE getting some work since they are about to be history.  Anyways, this bi*ch marked 2 CRITICAL ERRORS and did an audit on it (which was still 96.5% in spite of everything I am glad to say).  QA you wonder why we have such a bad attitude?  That was totally unnecessary.  ...

You May Hate VR, But
Jun 24, 2010

http://www.nuance.com/news/pressreleases/2010/20100622_mDollarAward.asp ...

Hate This Job
Jul 15, 2010

I spend a lot of time typing for a huge university hospital clinic with no ADT.  Have to type in all patient information.  Almost every report is a LETTER.  Referring physician has to be typed into the ADT.  Then the letter recipient information has to be typed in and lo and behold have to re-type it into the cc list for the doc to get a copy of the letter.  I wonder why I can't run a decent line count?  I spend 50% of my time typing in information that I am no ...