A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

OK gotta write this - sick and tired

Posted: Jun 17, 2010

ASR:  tachy fell axis

I am wiping the tears from my eyes on this one.  What a stupid program.  I swear it is written by the Indians.  I had a wonderful English-speaking clear-as-day doctor yesterday, first name of Daniel, and the ASR did not get 75% of his dictation.  It was just words and gibberish.  It was a crying shame.  That could have been a helpful tool in that instance.  It should have been able to transcribe him perfectly and editing should have been a joy. 

It is funny but thank goodness it doesn't get it right - or you would not have a job, would you?

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Just trying to lighten the day. My bad. - sick and tired

[ In Reply To ..]

Please, to say it doesn't get it right - Understatement

[ In Reply To ..]
It doesn't get anything right, and we're supposed to be thankful for that, thankful that we have ASR so they can cut our pay and spend more time correcting it than it would take to just type the damn thing ourselves. At least if it got it right, it would justify the pay cut!!! I'm very confident it would never, however, be good enough to take our jobs!

Gotcha beat - anonymous

[ In Reply To ..]
limp bite ptosis for lymphocytosis. LOL.

ASR - Eurosepsis

[ In Reply To ..]
I just got "55 and vomited cough Dr. urine the serum copies." The dictator said "send a copy to Dr. Weinberg."

Don't ask me, I have no idea.

Hospitals and MTSOs got scammed big-time when - they got sold on speech-rec. (n/m)

[ In Reply To ..]

my asr funny got moved to comedy board... - noonecares

[ In Reply To ..]
i don't get it, it is medquist ASR and yet I get moved to the comedy board....come on now....all the complaining on this board you would think moderators would like to see the funny stuff rollin in...can't win! oh yeah that makes sense...medquist = can't win.

Getting moved by moderator annoys me. - anonymous

[ In Reply To ..]
I posted last week and it didn't have anything to do with MQ per se, but you are the people I wanted to share it with; however, it got moved, and the site reference for the material was removed and just changed to "The Internet." It the whole post was changed at that point. I just asked Ms. Moderator to remove it totally if it couldn't be remotely what I had posted.

Also our ASR is funny to US -- maybe not to everybody else who is not having the same difficulties. I wish they could leave the MQ stuff on the MQ board. I read only the MQ board. I don't really have time to devote to the whole site. I want to know what WE think is a problem all over the transcrpiption kingdom and what WE think is funny on ASR and what emotional problems WE are having -- even if the words MedQuist are not mentioned.

Similar Messages:

Gotta Wonder
Mar 23, 2010

Gotta wonder if all these patients with "poor hearing acuity" are really deaf or just can't understand the doctor (which I can totally identify with, but feel my hearing acuity is fine). So patients are at fault also if they can't understand the doctor?    ...

Just Gotta Gripe
Oct 30, 2009

I am just so exasperated right now!  I'm a new MT, been at it a little over 3 months.  I think the company I work for is pretty good.  We have mostly good dictators, good platform, plenty of work, and nice QA and staff.  I type 70 wpm, and I add to my word expander and autocorrect daily.  Our minimal required line count per week is 6,000, and I'm only averaging about 3,500 to 3,800.  I'm putting in 50 hours or a little more and still can ...

Those That Think Pay Will Ever Go Up, Just Gotta Bless
Jan 30, 2011

x ...

Gotta Question
Feb 14, 2011

what do you do if you find out you need to take a day or day and a half to attend symposium (need the CECs for my CMT) and it's during the first 90 days?  should you forget it and skip the symposium, or would you ask to be off and make up your time? ...

Gotta Vent!
Dec 11, 2011

Okay guys, I just have to vent because I know many of you share the same frustrations and will understand where I'm coming from. I've got over 10 years of transcription experience and I'm making $10 an hour. This is a $5 per hour cut from what I made in a larger city before I had to move to a smaller one in a different state. I got divorced earlier this year and this is no longer enough to survive on for me with just one income in the household now. I pride myself on being a good, ...

Gotta Brag -
Jan 20, 2012

On my semi-yearly quality analysis, I achieved 98.8%, the best I've done in three years.  I am a happy camper! ...

They Gotta Be Getting Desperate
Feb 16, 2012

After not being audited since last August, I just received an audit.  Do you suppose it was because I went over my CCM's head and complained to her supervisor about not hearing from her regarding the loss of a 10 minute report when DQS went down?  I thought they were going to slam me but, lo and behold, a near-perfect audit.  They gotta be getting desperate for MTs who can transcribe this crap and make it even moderately coherent.  Next time I think I'll leave profu ...

Gotta Love ASR
Mar 20, 2012

transcribed:  feet 1/2 pill a Rubin.  instead of bilirubin,,so close so close... ...

Gotta Gripe
Jul 19, 2012

I've got a gripe.  I hope this is not too long but would really like suggestions if any of my fellow MTs have been in this predicament.  If you are QA turned MT, don't bother to reply.  I don't need sarcasm to start my day. The company I worked for went into partnership with another company.  The new company even changed the name of the company and the new partner is the president of the company.  We're supposed to make all complaints to her; however ...

Gotta Read This
Aug 07, 2012

Gee whiz, Nuance's revenue was up approximately 34% in the 3rd quarter ending June 2012 especially in their healthcare market.  This sickens me IMO.   http://www.marketwatch.com/story/nuance-announces-third-quarter-fiscal-2012-results-2012-08-07 ...

Gotta Vent
Oct 24, 2014

I am doing a dictation from a doctor who sounds like he's got a mouth full of mush.  His speech is slurred and I can't understand half of what he's saying.  As a result, this report is going to QA with so many blanks in it that it looks like Swiss cheese.  At this point I really don't care any more. I've had it up to my eyeballs with this guy and everyone like him.  If I could afford to quit, I would right now. ...

Just Gotta Vent...
Nov 17, 2014

Feeling so frustrated that MDs can't be bothered to articulate... The company I work for "dings" me for blanks...but their QA is merciless about mistakes. (Non-critical, stupid grammatical issues, i.e., "The son agreed with the plan" versus "HIS son agreed with the plan.") I am feeling like I can't do this anymore. I am GOOD at what I do, but when audio sucks, what do they expect?  I am screwed no matter what I do. If I made more than $13 an hour, (which took me ye ...

Gotta Pass This One Along ... Sm
May 18, 2015

Dr. dictates:  Postsurgical drains over the abdomen ... VR types:  Postsurgical brains over the abdomen ...   Bwahahahahahahahaha!!! ...

Don't You Just HATE This..........(I Gotta Fuss, Lol)
Feb 22, 2010

Why is it that when a doctor cannot pronounce a medication they will spend FIVE minutes TRYING to sound it out and STILL leave me with no clue what they are trying to say, when it would be MUCH quicker if they could just SPELL it?  I mean if you can't pronounce it, just SPELL it, even if you spell it wrong, I can find it quicker from it being spelled to me incorrectly than having to decipher out how you MIGHT be pronouncing it! Just my rant for today, lol. ...

Gotta Love And Incentive With NJA
Jul 14, 2012

I was actually gonna go for it with the increased days and lower line count ...

Okay, Gotta Vent...please Forgive Me
Aug 07, 2012

CRITICAL ERRORS - Okay, a patient comes into the hospital, gravely ill.  They take some xrays (I am radiology so I use that example). Maybe a CT or an MRI.  The radiologist is allerted this is a rush because the patient is so ill, he calls the report to the MD taking care of the patient to let him know what he sees.  Then, after he calls the report, he dictates it, and I type it...I make a mistake and put, lets say, no congestive heart failure noted, because he mumbles and talks ...

Gotta Love The Great VR
May 31, 2014

VR transcribed.  "The patient came in and from the bikini was not feeling good."  ...

Gotta Love Speech Wreck
May 23, 2015

Dictated:  vegetations  SR: bitch dictations   I sat and laughed for a good 2 minutes...smh   and the thing I wonder the most is HOW does SR even know that word?? LOL  ...

Gotta Vent - Applied For Many Jobs And...
Jun 02, 2015

Either get email or phone call asking when they can contact me, I reply, and they never do!  Why not just tell me the job is filled??  GRR... ...

Gotta Love That Automated Speech Recognition
Sep 16, 2010

Dictator said:    Sturge-Weber syndrome System typed:   stirred should we burst syndrome ...

After Sitting Here For Several Hours With No Work, Gotta Love The Ad For SoftScript. Sm
Jan 03, 2011

It states, "Most important plenty of work. We do all we can to assure you will stay busy your entire shift. NO waiting or praying for work to come." I guess today and the last 2 months have been my imagination.  ...

Write Off?
Jun 11, 2010

Hi, eveyrone. I just started as an MT in Michigan, and I am going to be working from home fairly soon. I am moving back to New York for my music degree and transcribing in my free time. Problem: I have a very old laptop that is starting to fall apart. The keys don't always work and, although it is my baby, I can not keep using it for transcriptions. My boss had said he heard that we could write off a new laptop as an expense (much as flight attendants can write off their own laptops and mak ...

How Should I Write Out This CK Lab Value?
Jul 19, 2010

The doctor says,  " CK of fifty-nine-three-nine-four".   59,394? 59.394? 59-394? 59/394? 50, 93, 94? Thanks in advance for any and all enlightenment you can bestow upon me.  My brain is a fried mess - time for a break! ...

Write About It
Oct 13, 2012

Yahoo contributor network.  They will publish you.  All you have to do is register and write.     ...

How Do You Write Out...
May 02, 2013

It's a Whisper wire over-the-wire 1520Is over-the-wire capped or not?  I've seen both.  How do you write 1520?  Appreciate the help.  ...

All-Write Transcription
Dec 03, 2009

Has anyone heard of or worked for this transcription company?  If so, what are your thoughts and more specifically on average how many billable monthly lines are available at this transcription company?  Is the work steady or sporadic?  Thanks in advance for your comments. ...

How To Write COPD
Jan 19, 2010

Is the correct way to type COPD in a discharge diagnosis.....COPD or to spell it out?   Thanks:) ...

Write Out Date?
Mar 06, 2010

Does anyone know if there is a new rule in MQ land about never writing out the date, always making it numbers only?  I get back reports every once in a while with all the written dates crossed out and replaced with numbers yet the CP does not specify either way.  So, when a doctor states March 3, 2010..that is how I type it, if he states 03/03/2010, that is how I type it.  I am going to complain to my manager about this but I was wondering maybe I missed a new rule.  Tha ...

How Would You Write This Number?
Mar 11, 2010

The doctor is dictating a white count number  and he distinctly says "Thirty-eight thousand point 4."  (The patient has CLL).  How would you write this number?  My guess is 38,000.4 ...

How To Write Levels
May 28, 2010

how to write this "level 2, 3, 4, and 5 lymph node dissection"? numbers or roman numerals? ...