A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Commas throughout entire report? - Dallas

Posted: Nov 04, 2010

I have on dr that does his entire PE without any commas. Everything is run together and sounds beyond stuipd. Why?????? QA tells me to do it that way instead of correcting it.

Well. . . . - LK

[ In Reply To ..]
We work for the customer, and if that's what they want, so be it.

Agree. Doesn't matter if we like it or not, what the client - wants they get. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Commas GOOD! More keystrokes. Make line - longer. Make more money! ;)

[ In Reply To ..]
X
You don't make any money if you get fired for not - following directions. NM
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Who said directions were not followed? - Dallas
[ In Reply To ..]
Just venting about the one that drives me nuts and another thing that drives me nuts are people who "assume" instead of asking for facts.
People thinking only of money and rules drive me nuts. Reports - must be readable. I do not do t
[ In Reply To ..]
OP, that'd drive me crazy, too. I don't know how QA got involved, but I'd get them a day to forget about it and do it properly.
I was under the impression that we were also to make.... - Dallas
[ In Reply To ..]
.....the reports make sense. Dr's are in a hurry and sometimes get words backwards or use the incorrect words and to me part of our job is to correct those mistakes and type them in a correct way.
it depends on the client - sometimes verbatim means verbatim
[ In Reply To ..]
Personally, I don't like changing what a doctor says for any reason. I change verb tenses or plurals if I have to, but there is no way I'm putting my hinder on the line by re-wording a report to pretty it up.

I've worked for 3 MTSOs and 2 wanted verbatim with very few exceptions. One doctor at my first MTSO wanted me to correct everything, which was just not feasible. When he made up medical words or said something like, "Today's lab recession bilaterally, right versus wrong," I was not even going to try to correct it. Why guess? These are medical reports and I'd rather leave a blank than put in the wrong word.
Not more money for those of us - paid by the report - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

You mean you're not allowed to punctuate? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Are you saying you only use commas when the doctor dictates "comma"?

Most dictators do not verbalize punctuation marks; that's what the transcriptionist is for.

I would go nuts if I had to be overseen by a QA department that was that stupid.

Nobody said you couldn't edit reports or - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
add punctuation. What the OP said was that it was dictated a certain way which she did not feel was correct and she was told to transcribe it the way it was dictated.

Also, there are actually verbatim acounts out through that are actually totally verbatim -- you transcribe them as dictated - no matter what is or is not dictated. It is not always QA's call--it is the client's.

Similar Messages:

Several Questions For X-ray Report (Please Read Entire Message)
Dec 03, 2010

I have been working on this one for an hour and can't seem to get a few parts. One sounds like configuration. Also, after "FILMS OF THE CHEST", it s/l "One view" and then I think it might be a date afterwards. I am not sure. Please see entire message.   (s/l FILMS) OF THE CHEST: (s/l One view) (___). (s/l Compared): 10/12/10 HISTORY: Line tube placement. FINDINGS: (S/l Configuration) is noted in the lungs. Endotracheal tube at the T4 level below the carina. A gastrostomy tube is no ...

Commas Or No Commas In This Sentence
Mar 17, 2012

Dr. Hunkyman placed the bronchoscope and noticed an endobronchial lesion which, on fresh frozen section, looked like small cell cancer. Or should it be:  which on fresh frozen section looked like.....   Thanks for any input. ...

If It Can't Put In Commas
Oct 12, 2012

could they at least program it to where the cursor stops at the end of the word, not a space beyond? ...

What Is With The Commas Everywhere Lately
Nov 07, 2012

x ...

Commas And QA
Apr 30, 2014

Which is correct?  On 10/14/2013 the patient underwent blah, blah, blah.  OR On 10/14/2013, the patient underwent blah, blah, blah.  I've been marked off both ways, darned if I do and darned if I don't. ...

I Wasn't Sure If I Should Be Using Commas Here
Apr 18, 2010

I wasn't sure if I should be using commas here and make this one long sentence, or if it is correct as is...also, I wasn't sure if "forward flex" is correct. PHYSICAL EXAMINATION Physical exam revealed that he can forward (flex) about 60 degrees.  He can abduct to maybe 70 degrees.  He has virtually no rotation. "Physical exam revealed that he can forward flex about 60 degrees.  He can abduct to maybe 70 degrees.  He has virtually no rotation." Then it goes onto the n ...

Are There Just No Commas In Hindi Or What?
Jul 13, 2010

Ok, most of my feedback is fairly decent, even if it is coming from India or somewhere else overseas - EXCEPT for commas.  I have had commas incorrectly changed or added where they don't belong over and over and over.  What the... ...

Caps And Commas Or No?
Aug 15, 2010

How do you punctuate this? Spurling Compression Rotation Extension tests? Spurling, compression, rotation, extension tests? or something entirely different?   Thanks! ...

Would This Be Separated By Commas?
Jan 22, 2011

DX:   Factor XI deficiency, heterozygous level 29 to 40 percent, mild von Willebrand deficiency.   Thanks! ...

Commas In Sentence
Mar 22, 2011

Where do the commas go, if any, in the sentence below. Thank you. Ms. Smith is an 80-year-old Farsi-speaking female with metastatic adenocarcinoma. ...

Are My Commas Correct?
Dec 27, 2011

With the patient supine on the operating table and under general endotracheal anesthesia, the right groin and lower extremities as well as the left lower extremity, which included a previously performed BKA, were shaved, prepped with betadine, draped in the usual sterile manner, with a groin towel sewn in with 3-0 nylons. ...

I Hate Commas
Apr 12, 2013

The patient is a 29-year-old obese white female.   Is there a comma after obese? ...

Hypens & Commas - Ortho
Nov 26, 2009

Suddenly, I'm confused....is it displaced right proximal humerus fracture or undisplaced, right proixmal-humerus fracutre or something else?  How about right distal radial buckle fracture ?correct or is it right, distal-radius-buckle fracture.  Thanks ...

Commas In Echo Technique
Apr 10, 2010

Should there be commas in the following statement? Two-dimensional M-mode Doppler and color-flow studies are submitted. ...

Commas Or Semi-colons????
Sep 24, 2012

Report reads as follows: "IMPRESSION: Low back pain, probable disc disease; Diabetes mellitus, moderately controlled; Blood pressure; Hypertension, well controlled; GERD; and some neuropathy associated with the diabetes." Wondering whether I should leave it as is, or use semi-colons to separate.............Thanks in advance ...

26 Meds Equals 25 Commas To Add
May 10, 2013

Yet, they refuse to get why ASR can take longer than straight typing. ...

When Writing A Medication List Do I Put Commas?
Aug 26, 2010

When writing a medication list do I put commas? 1. Xanax 1 mg dispensed #64 sig one tablet three times a day no refills. 2. Prozac 40 mg #30 sig one tablet daily no refills. 3. Stelazine 2 mg #60 sig one tablet twice a day with no refills. ...

NJA My Entire Shift
Dec 19, 2010

Getting bonus incentive would be nice, but at this point just having any work at all would be a welcome change.  Haven't had any jobs my entire shift plus ran out on my last shift.  Geez.....I hate incentive weekends.  Is anyone else having the same problem? ...

Less Than 300 Jobs In The Entire North
Aug 05, 2010

xx ...

200 Jobs In The Entire North
Apr 04, 2013

All gone again! Three good days this week, then poof! ...

Is She Kidding! This Entire Call Seems
Apr 17, 2013

for the company!  ...

Entire Ks Late Pay Thread Completely Gone.
Nov 20, 2011

I have been a participant of this board for many years. When an enire thread disappears, I realize other boards are more MT friendly.  I will not be back.  ...

70 Jobs In The Entire North Region
Nov 23, 2012

On your average day, 5000! Now, 70. I get that its a holiday, but I have run out for 3 weeks now. TSM said they over-hired and work went to India.. well, then get rid of the new hires already. This is ridiculous. Why would they hire more when they planned to ship more work overseas? Is this to train the new hires becuase they make so much less than some of us who have been here awhile? At this point, I dont believe there will be pay cuts, I think they will just starve out the ones making a high ...

My Shift Is Due To Start Soon. I See Only 177 Minutes For The Entire BOB.
Jul 04, 2013

Biggest kick in the teeth is Thursday through Sunday is my schedule. NJA for my entire week is not going to pay the bills. The only "good" thing is my state requires they pay me at leasr 4 hours for NJA. ...

Entire Message Threads Disappear?
Oct 02, 2013

I was following a message thread this morning but now the entire conversation has disappeared, anyone else notice this?  I am just curious why it would disappear as there was nothing I considered worse than any other posts.  A little cat fighting, but that is not unusual (heehe).  Things that make you say "hmmmmm".  Just curious. ...

Settings To Get Entire Message On Page...
Jan 04, 2014

instead of using mouse to go to bottom and slide from left to right to see words on right-hand side of message. If I use control (-), it makes print too small to read. If I go up 1 (control +), the print size is fine, but I have to use slider at bottom to read each message. Thanks in advance. ...

The Entire Western Region Is BONE DRY
Jan 30, 2014

There are only 246 reports in the ENTIRE western region right now as I type this, and out of ALL the facilities in the western region, only 30 facilities have work for us.  Something is very weird.  ...

364 Jobs In The Entire East Region?
Feb 06, 2014

What the ding dang dong is happening?  I get the feeling that they are routing work differently between offshore and onshore.  Its just strange that the west feel off the face of the planet and now the east is sinking.  Where is the person who always manages to get the inside scoop?  I would like an explanation. ...

While This Entire Board Is Bickering And Fighting ...
Mar 12, 2014

I'm just quietly sitting here going, "I hope I get invited to take the test".  For some of us, this is our only hope out of the MT field.  ...

Patient Is Labor....there Remained An Entire Rim Of Cervix And
Oct 22, 2010

marked s/l "ace-in-clue-ic, cap and molding"... Thanks so much. ...