A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

if it can't put in commas - backspace backspace

Posted: Oct 12, 2012

could they at least program it to where the cursor stops at the end of the word, not a space beyond?

However, if . . . - Tired MT

[ In Reply To ..]
they put in all the commas, we would be out of a job in no time. IMHO, 7.1 is leaps and bounds above 6 for "understanding" the dictation.

Also, if it stopped at the end of the word it would be helpful for inserting punctuation, but not helpful for deleting words. Whatcha think?

My 7.1 is not any better than 6.0 - maybe just for your account

[ In Reply To ..]
I fix so much it isn't even funny. Especially wrong medication dosages and medication names.

Leaps and bounds? I wish....7.1 is leaps and bounds WORSE for most of us..... - Kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
if you believe what gets posted here, and I do!

I know how much I could consistently produce in 6--in 7 it's much much less every time.

You're Right - See Msg

[ In Reply To ..]
It's more important to be able to delete all that incorrect text quickly. It's the bigger issue with Speech Wreck.

7.1 speech engine is same speech engine as Cornerstone.. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I was told by tech that the 7.1 speech engine is the same one that was used in Cornerstone. I came from Cornerstone where the speech engine was okay, but not great. I have, however, found that it works much better on 7.1. I have far less corrections on things that I was constantly correcting in Cornerstone that it did not want to seem to learn. In Cornerstone it did seem to do commas much better, so I hope they get that problem fixed.

Similar Messages:

Commas Or No Commas In This Sentence
Mar 17, 2012

Dr. Hunkyman placed the bronchoscope and noticed an endobronchial lesion which, on fresh frozen section, looked like small cell cancer. Or should it be:  which on fresh frozen section looked like.....   Thanks for any input. ...

What Is With The Commas Everywhere Lately
Nov 07, 2012

x ...

Commas And QA
Apr 30, 2014

Which is correct?  On 10/14/2013 the patient underwent blah, blah, blah.  OR On 10/14/2013, the patient underwent blah, blah, blah.  I've been marked off both ways, darned if I do and darned if I don't. ...

I Wasn't Sure If I Should Be Using Commas Here
Apr 18, 2010

I wasn't sure if I should be using commas here and make this one long sentence, or if it is correct as is...also, I wasn't sure if "forward flex" is correct. PHYSICAL EXAMINATION Physical exam revealed that he can forward (flex) about 60 degrees.  He can abduct to maybe 70 degrees.  He has virtually no rotation. "Physical exam revealed that he can forward flex about 60 degrees.  He can abduct to maybe 70 degrees.  He has virtually no rotation." Then it goes onto the n ...

Are There Just No Commas In Hindi Or What?
Jul 13, 2010

Ok, most of my feedback is fairly decent, even if it is coming from India or somewhere else overseas - EXCEPT for commas.  I have had commas incorrectly changed or added where they don't belong over and over and over.  What the... ...

Caps And Commas Or No?
Aug 15, 2010

How do you punctuate this? Spurling Compression Rotation Extension tests? Spurling, compression, rotation, extension tests? or something entirely different?   Thanks! ...

Would This Be Separated By Commas?
Jan 22, 2011

DX:   Factor XI deficiency, heterozygous level 29 to 40 percent, mild von Willebrand deficiency.   Thanks! ...

Commas In Sentence
Mar 22, 2011

Where do the commas go, if any, in the sentence below. Thank you. Ms. Smith is an 80-year-old Farsi-speaking female with metastatic adenocarcinoma. ...

Are My Commas Correct?
Dec 27, 2011

With the patient supine on the operating table and under general endotracheal anesthesia, the right groin and lower extremities as well as the left lower extremity, which included a previously performed BKA, were shaved, prepped with betadine, draped in the usual sterile manner, with a groin towel sewn in with 3-0 nylons. ...

I Hate Commas
Apr 12, 2013

The patient is a 29-year-old obese white female.   Is there a comma after obese? ...

Hypens & Commas - Ortho
Nov 26, 2009

Suddenly, I'm confused....is it displaced right proximal humerus fracture or undisplaced, right proixmal-humerus fracutre or something else?  How about right distal radial buckle fracture ?correct or is it right, distal-radius-buckle fracture.  Thanks ...

Commas In Echo Technique
Apr 10, 2010

Should there be commas in the following statement? Two-dimensional M-mode Doppler and color-flow studies are submitted. ...

Commas Throughout Entire Report?
Nov 04, 2010

I have on dr that does his entire PE without any commas. Everything is run together and sounds beyond stuipd. Why?????? QA tells me to do it that way instead of correcting it. ...

Commas Or Semi-colons????
Sep 24, 2012

Report reads as follows: "IMPRESSION: Low back pain, probable disc disease; Diabetes mellitus, moderately controlled; Blood pressure; Hypertension, well controlled; GERD; and some neuropathy associated with the diabetes." Wondering whether I should leave it as is, or use semi-colons to separate.............Thanks in advance ...

26 Meds Equals 25 Commas To Add
May 10, 2013

Yet, they refuse to get why ASR can take longer than straight typing. ...

When Writing A Medication List Do I Put Commas?
Aug 26, 2010

When writing a medication list do I put commas? 1. Xanax 1 mg dispensed #64 sig one tablet three times a day no refills. 2. Prozac 40 mg #30 sig one tablet daily no refills. 3. Stelazine 2 mg #60 sig one tablet twice a day with no refills. ...

Commas Before "which"
Sep 04, 2013

Does anyone have an easy way to tell if we should put a comma before the word which?  The grammar website seems to complicate matters for me. ...