A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

While this entire board is bickering and fighting ... - anon2

Posted: Mar 12, 2014

I'm just quietly sitting here going, "I hope I get invited to take the test".  For some of us, this is our only hope out of the MT field. 

Just an FYI - It is not the entire board

[ In Reply To ..]
a lot of us who are not taking the test have wished those of you who are the best of luck and we wish you much success.

I know ... thank you, I for one really appreciate it - and I mean that

[ In Reply To ..]
WHATEVER OUR CHOICES ARE about taking the test or not taking the test we should all be compassionate and supportive of each other's choices because no one can really understand why anyone is making those choices unless they walk in their shoes or have an idea about their life situation.

For those who have decided not to take the test: Just because some of us have decided to take the test it doesn't mean we're "brainless" or "sheeple" or whatever else I've read. It means we are taking a gamble and doing something that we HOPE is going to benefit our future, and for the single moms like me, for the future of our kids. I WANT my kids to see that I took chances to advance myself and that I tried my best to go after opportunities even if they were scary and unpredictable. Moving forward into Coding may be a mistake, it may backfire on us ... but we have to TRY.

For those have decided to take the test: There has been a lot of judgement for those not taking it too. It's not our place to say what is right for someone else. It might mean that the security of what they KNOW is safer than the insecurity that the Coding program might create and I totally get that and understand it. Some of you are older and have health problems or are just not interested and I totally respect your decision.

We need to just STOP the bickering and name-calling and just ... support each other. Whatever our path is, whatever we have chosen for ourselves and our families are our own personal choices and decisions. We don't have to understand everyone's decisions in order to support them.

For those who have been supportive all along, THANK YOU ... it honestly does mean a lot to hear the kind words, and your support matters.

Similar Messages:

What Is With All Of The Bickering?
Jul 28, 2010

A radiologist I have known for years asked me to check the reputation of a company his group was considering outsourcing their work on.  I came onto MTstars and did a search of the company in the archives, thinking to myself that I could at least give him an MT's view of the company. What did I find?  Not a word about the company itself but MTs arguing back and forth about small details, typos, rebuttles, insults and the nastiness left me with a knot in my stomach. I finally had ...

How Many Of Us Are Bickering
Jun 29, 2012

Because we are bored and have no co-workers to interact with?  Sometimes I feel like I've completely lost touch with the real world! ...

Fighting For Our Jobs
Aug 03, 2010

I am a medical transcriptionist residing in Missouri. I sent the following e-mail to my representative and I encourage every transcriptionist to send a similar letter to your representative also. Thanks in advance. Tue, August 3, 2010 6:46:49 PM Re: Righting the Wrongs at Arlington Cemetery From:   Add to Contacts To: Senator Claire McCaskill <senator@mccaskill.senate.gov>         Senator McCaskill, I so appreciate ...

Here's A Question, Serious Answers, NO Fighting Allowed...
Dec 24, 2011

Since I made my lines hours ago lol, and I'm messing around trying to let someone else make their lines, I've been roaming around, reading back posts.  And I swear to you all I'm not trying to cause trouble, start drama or pick fights, I just have a very serious question. For the MTs who are "struggling" or not making it, etc and to all the MTs who are sure it's a "dying field" or it's "already dead".  What keeps you in the MT field?  I know jobs are real ...

I Was Fired And Now My Former Employer Is Fighting My Unemployment!
Apr 30, 2012

I worked at home as an employee for a local hospital for the last 4 years.  Always worked my shift and averaged at least the minimum productivity requirement.  According to the employee handbook ALL hospital employees get two paid 15 minute breaks and one unpaid 30-minute lunch.  One evening while I was working, I took one of my 15-minute breaks and ran to pick my daughter up from school.  I was gone literally 5 minutes as the school is like one block from my house ...

I Feel Like I Am Fighting A Losing Battle Here
Apr 16, 2014

How does the statement assessment and plan become a heading DISCUSSION AND DECISION-MAKING? Just in case, no, this is not a job with a specific heading list. I am just not understanding this whole mess anymore. Seems like every time the "fix" or update Fluency things get worse. ...

Tired Of The Competition Among Us Fighting To Get All Our Hours In And After
Oct 16, 2014

Acute care MTs, I reduced my hours to part-time. Three days later I get my primary back after weeks and weeks of watching that work be done by other people.  Sick, sadistic SOBs, if you ask me.        ...

NJA My Entire Shift
Dec 19, 2010

Getting bonus incentive would be nice, but at this point just having any work at all would be a welcome change.  Haven't had any jobs my entire shift plus ran out on my last shift.  Geez.....I hate incentive weekends.  Is anyone else having the same problem? ...

Less Than 300 Jobs In The Entire North
Aug 05, 2010

xx ...

Commas Throughout Entire Report?
Nov 04, 2010

I have on dr that does his entire PE without any commas. Everything is run together and sounds beyond stuipd. Why?????? QA tells me to do it that way instead of correcting it. ...

200 Jobs In The Entire North
Apr 04, 2013

All gone again! Three good days this week, then poof! ...

Is She Kidding! This Entire Call Seems
Apr 17, 2013

for the company!  ...

Entire Ks Late Pay Thread Completely Gone.
Nov 20, 2011

I have been a participant of this board for many years. When an enire thread disappears, I realize other boards are more MT friendly.  I will not be back.  ...

70 Jobs In The Entire North Region
Nov 23, 2012

On your average day, 5000! Now, 70. I get that its a holiday, but I have run out for 3 weeks now. TSM said they over-hired and work went to India.. well, then get rid of the new hires already. This is ridiculous. Why would they hire more when they planned to ship more work overseas? Is this to train the new hires becuase they make so much less than some of us who have been here awhile? At this point, I dont believe there will be pay cuts, I think they will just starve out the ones making a high ...

My Shift Is Due To Start Soon. I See Only 177 Minutes For The Entire BOB.
Jul 04, 2013

Biggest kick in the teeth is Thursday through Sunday is my schedule. NJA for my entire week is not going to pay the bills. The only "good" thing is my state requires they pay me at leasr 4 hours for NJA. ...

Entire Message Threads Disappear?
Oct 02, 2013

I was following a message thread this morning but now the entire conversation has disappeared, anyone else notice this?  I am just curious why it would disappear as there was nothing I considered worse than any other posts.  A little cat fighting, but that is not unusual (heehe).  Things that make you say "hmmmmm".  Just curious. ...

Settings To Get Entire Message On Page...
Jan 04, 2014

instead of using mouse to go to bottom and slide from left to right to see words on right-hand side of message. If I use control (-), it makes print too small to read. If I go up 1 (control +), the print size is fine, but I have to use slider at bottom to read each message. Thanks in advance. ...

The Entire Western Region Is BONE DRY
Jan 30, 2014

There are only 246 reports in the ENTIRE western region right now as I type this, and out of ALL the facilities in the western region, only 30 facilities have work for us.  Something is very weird.  ...

364 Jobs In The Entire East Region?
Feb 06, 2014

What the ding dang dong is happening?  I get the feeling that they are routing work differently between offshore and onshore.  Its just strange that the west feel off the face of the planet and now the east is sinking.  Where is the person who always manages to get the inside scoop?  I would like an explanation. ...

Patient Is Labor....there Remained An Entire Rim Of Cervix And
Oct 22, 2010

marked s/l "ace-in-clue-ic, cap and molding"... Thanks so much. ...

Several Questions For X-ray Report (Please Read Entire Message)
Dec 03, 2010

I have been working on this one for an hour and can't seem to get a few parts. One sounds like configuration. Also, after "FILMS OF THE CHEST", it s/l "One view" and then I think it might be a date afterwards. I am not sure. Please see entire message.   (s/l FILMS) OF THE CHEST: (s/l One view) (___). (s/l Compared): 10/12/10 HISTORY: Line tube placement. FINDINGS: (S/l Configuration) is noted in the lungs. Endotracheal tube at the T4 level below the carina. A gastrostomy tube is no ...

I Have Spent The Entire Night Formatting Documents.
Apr 26, 2013

It really hurts the line count bad. So far, I have had a lot of documents that require quite a bit of formatting - H&Ps, consults and ER reports from several facilities with each having different requirements and everyone wanting the ROS and PE different. Also, lack of punctation is hurting a lot too. I can't wait until I get out of here. Just 8 more months and counting! ...

Wow, Almost The Entire Western Region Is Wiped Out Of Work
Dec 02, 2013

I have a feeling it's going to be a crazy week trying to get our lines/income in ... there's practically no work in the entire western region.  Even my backups to the secondary backup secondaries are wiped out.  ...

S/l Peek A Boo Toes -see Entire Sentence In Message
Jan 27, 2014

Exam of lower feet reveal pes planovalgus with hindfoot valgus and "peek a boo" toes. ...

Is This 2012?? The Entire Communications Phone, TV And Now MQ Have Gone Bonkers Today! Sm
Sep 26, 2010

Very strange things going on where I live in the South.   This morning AT&T phone is not working right, My unfortunate status as on dial up is hopeless and the two phone lines I have seemed to be crossing each other.  Bad static, fax line noises.  Trying to connect and can get only 19K!!!   Can't get anything to pull up.   Called Support and addressed this problem.  Called AT&T and they did say there are problems in this area, and it migh ...

Good Lord, Only 200 Reports In The Entire Western Region
Jan 26, 2014

Looks like it's going to be another one of those days ... there should be plenty of work after the maintenance last night but nope, single jobs available in most of the western facilities.  Pathetic.  ...

Fine, We Will Just Post On The Main Board Or Company Board Then... Nm
Oct 12, 2014

Mildly Comminuted Posteriorly But Overall 1 Large Fragment S/l (constituted) The Entire Medial Malle
Feb 05, 2010

Sounds like constituted but that doesn't seem to make much sense to me in an orthopedics report. I'm such a noob. ...

MODERATOR: I See A New Board Offshore, Did You Consider A VR Board?
Oct 13, 2009

nm ...

64 Minutes Of Phone Off The Hook - Not Wasting My Time Listening To The Entire 64 Minutes!
Mar 07, 2014

Only warrants periodic scans. If anyone comes back at me for that, they can listen to 64 minutes of nothing themselves. If the doctor dictated, too bad he did not follow protocol = put the dictation on hold when not dictating or hang up the phone! ...