A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

When writing a medication list do I put commas? - salicestar

Posted: Aug 26, 2010

When writing a medication list do I put commas? 1. Xanax 1 mg dispensed #64 sig one tablet three times a day no refills. 2. Prozac 40 mg #30 sig one tablet daily no refills. 3. Stelazine 2 mg #60 sig one tablet twice a day with no refills.

Normally commas are not used anymore, however - ht

[ In Reply To ..]
in this case we are told to:

1. Xanax 1 mg, dispense #60, sig 1 tablet 3 times a day, no refills.

2. Prozac 40 mg, #30, sig 1 tablet daily, no refills.

3. Stelazine 2 mg, #60, sig 1 tablet twice a day with no refills.

PS = Per BOS you do not spell out numeric values unless 2 of them are next to each other. (take 3 two times a day).

Similar Messages:

S/l Viacel In A Medication List - Maybe A
Dec 14, 2010

nutritional supplement?  Cannot find anything anywhere.  Any help very much appreciated.  Thanks! ...

Medication List- EPOCH Or Epic
Sep 28, 2011

Any suggestions for further explanations also appreciated. Thanks! ...

MEDICATION LIST SOUNDS LIKE DIMENCHON?
Apr 16, 2015

Medication or herb sounds like dimenchon. clear speaker. No indication patient has dementia, does have liver disease and complex regional pain syndrome. Chronic pain. Hyperalgesia. ...

Medication List Includes "flow Air, Flo-air
Apr 20, 2010

Can't find a reference for "flow air." ...

Commas Or No Commas In This Sentence
Mar 17, 2012

Dr. Hunkyman placed the bronchoscope and noticed an endobronchial lesion which, on fresh frozen section, looked like small cell cancer. Or should it be:  which on fresh frozen section looked like.....   Thanks for any input. ...

Short Cut For List Punctuation In A Drug List? (Fluency)
Dec 06, 2014

Is there is quick way to add commas between items in a list? Of course, using Ctl K in front a word will change the punctuation, but it will also change a capitalized drug to lower case, and you will still have to get to the beginning of the next drug which will require 2 Ctl arrows and backspace. Ctl arrow takes you to the beginning of the next word, but you will have to backspace to put in the comma. Adding punctuation to lists is so time consuming! ...

If It Can't Put In Commas
Oct 12, 2012

could they at least program it to where the cursor stops at the end of the word, not a space beyond? ...

What Is With The Commas Everywhere Lately
Nov 07, 2012

x ...

Commas And QA
Apr 30, 2014

Which is correct?  On 10/14/2013 the patient underwent blah, blah, blah.  OR On 10/14/2013, the patient underwent blah, blah, blah.  I've been marked off both ways, darned if I do and darned if I don't. ...

I Wasn't Sure If I Should Be Using Commas Here
Apr 18, 2010

I wasn't sure if I should be using commas here and make this one long sentence, or if it is correct as is...also, I wasn't sure if "forward flex" is correct. PHYSICAL EXAMINATION Physical exam revealed that he can forward (flex) about 60 degrees.  He can abduct to maybe 70 degrees.  He has virtually no rotation. "Physical exam revealed that he can forward flex about 60 degrees.  He can abduct to maybe 70 degrees.  He has virtually no rotation." Then it goes onto the n ...

Are There Just No Commas In Hindi Or What?
Jul 13, 2010

Ok, most of my feedback is fairly decent, even if it is coming from India or somewhere else overseas - EXCEPT for commas.  I have had commas incorrectly changed or added where they don't belong over and over and over.  What the... ...

Caps And Commas Or No?
Aug 15, 2010

How do you punctuate this? Spurling Compression Rotation Extension tests? Spurling, compression, rotation, extension tests? or something entirely different?   Thanks! ...

Would This Be Separated By Commas?
Jan 22, 2011

DX:   Factor XI deficiency, heterozygous level 29 to 40 percent, mild von Willebrand deficiency.   Thanks! ...

Commas In Sentence
Mar 22, 2011

Where do the commas go, if any, in the sentence below. Thank you. Ms. Smith is an 80-year-old Farsi-speaking female with metastatic adenocarcinoma. ...

Are My Commas Correct?
Dec 27, 2011

With the patient supine on the operating table and under general endotracheal anesthesia, the right groin and lower extremities as well as the left lower extremity, which included a previously performed BKA, were shaved, prepped with betadine, draped in the usual sterile manner, with a groin towel sewn in with 3-0 nylons. ...

I Hate Commas
Apr 12, 2013

The patient is a 29-year-old obese white female.   Is there a comma after obese? ...

Hypens & Commas - Ortho
Nov 26, 2009

Suddenly, I'm confused....is it displaced right proximal humerus fracture or undisplaced, right proixmal-humerus fracutre or something else?  How about right distal radial buckle fracture ?correct or is it right, distal-radius-buckle fracture.  Thanks ...

Commas In Echo Technique
Apr 10, 2010

Should there be commas in the following statement? Two-dimensional M-mode Doppler and color-flow studies are submitted. ...

Commas Throughout Entire Report?
Nov 04, 2010

I have on dr that does his entire PE without any commas. Everything is run together and sounds beyond stuipd. Why?????? QA tells me to do it that way instead of correcting it. ...

Commas Or Semi-colons????
Sep 24, 2012

Report reads as follows: "IMPRESSION: Low back pain, probable disc disease; Diabetes mellitus, moderately controlled; Blood pressure; Hypertension, well controlled; GERD; and some neuropathy associated with the diabetes." Wondering whether I should leave it as is, or use semi-colons to separate.............Thanks in advance ...

26 Meds Equals 25 Commas To Add
May 10, 2013

Yet, they refuse to get why ASR can take longer than straight typing. ...

Writing Prn
Jan 13, 2015

what is the correct way to write prn? I seen it as prn, PRN, and p.r.n.? ...

Technical Writing- SM
Oct 05, 2010

Does anyone know about the field of technical writing?  It seems like it would be a logical next step for us.  Just wonder if anyone knows how hard it would be to get into that field, do you get to work at home, and so on.  I'm 50 years old and wonder if its just too late for a career change, but doing this MT/editing stuff for the next 15 years. . . ???? ...

Who Is Writing An Essay
Apr 24, 2012

I don't write essays very well, but this could get interesting. I'm mostly interested in the "How I Do It" essay. Maybe I could learn how to do this more efficiently...I don't particularly want to be mentored, so reading an essay might give me some better ideas. ...

Writing Times
May 08, 2012

Doctor dictated: Start time: 03/21/2012, 091446. What would be the correct way to write the time portion? ...

I Think The Writing Is On The Wall For Me
Dec 04, 2012

Okay, so I know what has been happening the past few months, but since it didn't affect me directly, I just kinda put it out of my mind.  But since the first of the month, my BOB is out of work during my shift (late afternoon/early evening).  This has never happened before.  Wondering if it is because daytime people are switching to later hours or my work is going overseas?  Not NJA yet, just unfamiliar work for the majority of my shift.  If this is how it's go ...

Writing A Number
Sep 16, 2014

Okay doctor states "white count is 13.8 thousand"  Any input on how that should be written?  Looks so strange to me.  Thanks peeps :) ...

Writing Out Gravida, Para
May 24, 2010

Doctor says:  G2, P2-0-0-2. How would it be written out? Do I have the format correct, or would it be: G2, P 2-0-0-2? ...

DocQScribe 6.1 - The Writing Is On The Wall!
Sep 03, 2010

I just took the online training today and did my first reports using 6.1.  The writing is definitely on the wall.  They are on their way to eliminating the need for MT's.  It's just a matter of time.  We are tightening our own noose every time we edit one of those reports.  This is definitely a catch-22. ...

Writing Axis Numbers
Dec 05, 2011

is  it six o'clock axis or 6 o'clock axis and then what is the correct way of 6:30 o'clock axis or six-thirty o'clock axis or is it 6:30 axis or six-thirty axis?????  Whew!!! ...