A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Question for Raine59 re 2h qd studying - Also MT looking to coding

Posted: May 10, 2010

The Andrews School web site says it will take 12 to 24 months to complete the course. My questions to you are: How long will it take you at 2 hours a day, and how many days a week do you study?

Thanks for any info.

answer - Raine59

[ In Reply To ..]
It seems they have changed their website information (Andrews). I'm almost certain when I started that it said you have a year to finish (though they would give extensions if necessary.) But either way, I have been enrolled just about 5 months and am not quite halfway though. So I expect it to take right at a year unless the remaining half is significantly easier or harder than I am expecting. Occasionally I take a day off but I usually do work on it 7 days a week. As I said before, I think someone with no medical terminology background would need more time.

Thanks. I like that time-frame. Hoping MT background will help me too.(NM) - MT looking to coding

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Time frame - Anonymous

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm doing a different at-home coding program and working full-time. I try to spend 2-3 hours a day studying, more on the weekends. I was planning to devote a year to it but doing 14-16 hours a week gets me done a little ahead of schedule and gives me some extra time to study for my final exam. I'm also an MT so I have been moving quickly through the terminology portions and spending more time on the other chapters. I'm not feeling pressured at all working at that pace and find that I digest just enough information in that time frame to remember what I learned.

Similar Messages:

They Are Studying Whether We Need A
Mar 19, 2012

how long should that take?? ...

Studying For RMT Exam
Oct 11, 2010

I am studying for RMT exam and cannot find what furc/o means in terms of combining forms, prefixes or suffixes.   Thanx ...

Studying For MT And I Have Questions
Oct 19, 2010

I recently found this career from my Aunt.  She works at a doctor's office and told me that her friend recently quit doing it because she no longer needed the extra work or money.  From research on the internet, I found an at home course to get certified to be a Medical Transcriptionist.  I just spent $1,100 for this at home course and I get to keep the Medical Transcription Third Edition book along with the Infinity Foot Control.  The woman my Aunt knows was taking clas ...

I'm Studying To Take The CCS Exam
May 27, 2013

I'm studying to take the CCS Exam.  Has anyone taken it and could you give me a few pointers?  Were you able to finish the test in the four hours given?  ...

Am I Too Old To Be Studying To Be A Medical Coder
Jun 14, 2010

Dear Coders: I am a medical transcriptionist and I want to transition into medical coding.  I am 53 and I want to know if you think I am too old to start a new career as a medical coder. I would like to start the Andrews School or Career Step on September 1, 2010.  I would like some advice.  Thanks.l Doozer ...