A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Linda Andrews? - Hey, where is

Posted: May 23, 2010

When this board first started up Linda was on here quite often but haven't seen her in a while.  Oh well, just noticing.  Wow, this board has taken off!

I know. I REALLY wish she would come back! - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Thank you for your kind comments. - Linda Andrews

[ In Reply To ..]
This is a great board. It's one of the best for coding information, isn't it?

she just posted a week or so ago - mostly on new MT or coding nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

To Linda Andrews
May 25, 2010

Per the request you sent via email, I have tried to call the number you provided four times but only get your voicemail.  I did call during office hours.  If you wish to communicate, email me again and let me know when I can reach you.  I do not give out my number, which is unpublished for personal reasons, nor do I provide my email address to individuals I do not know personally.   ...

To Linda Andrews And Redpen
Jul 03, 2010

Just wondering if you have seen the new Journal of AMIMA and noticed how much of its content was dedicated to Computer Assisted Coding and changing roles of coders?  I found it pretty interesting since I had just been talking the advent of such a short time ago!  Our company's new owner is all about advancing technologies and say he won't go into ICD10 without CAC on board.   ...

MRI Job Posted By Linda Rr.com Is Not A Company?
Aug 31, 2010

http://forum.mtstars.com/263430.html   Does anyone or a moderator have any information on this place or company?  Well it does not seem to be a company.  Thanks ...

M Tec Or Andrews?
Jun 03, 2010

I am an LPN looking into the field of MT.  I am tired of standing on my feet for 2-3 hour med passes and lifting and turning patients.  I am ready to work hard from home.  I understand that both M Tec and Andrews are great schools.  Is one better then the other?  How do experienced MT's feel about the two? Thanks!!  ...

Andrews
Oct 06, 2012

I'm considering Andrews coding, but would love some feedback for those who enrolled that had no medical or MT background. I have very little medical background and it seems the MT's are favored as they are more familiar with terminology.  For those enrolled how do you like the course?  Do you find the course interesting?  I already know its challenging! Thanks for any info you can provide! ...

Andrews Or CCO??
Feb 05, 2015

I'm trying to do as much research as possible into changing careers from MT to coding, and I've narrowed down my two choices of schools to Andrews and CCO (CodingCertificate.Org).  According to CCO's website, they now offer courses that will prepare you to take the CCS exam.  I've heard positive things about CCO, but I've also heard positive things about Andrews, and how thorough it is, but also that it's very difficult.  I would love to hear either f ...

Just Enrolled At Andrews!
May 11, 2010

Okay, so after much debate and research, I enrolled in Andrews course for coding yesterday! :)  Now I'm just waiting for my materials to arrive, reading over my 1st set of instructions, and trying to navigate my way through loads of information on the student forum.  All I can say is WOW.  I think this course is going to be wonderful and very challenging.  I'm actually a bit overwhelmed at the moment! LOL!  But I'm excited!     ...

Why Is CS So Much Cheaper Than Andrews?
Aug 27, 2010

Just wondering what the difference in price is?  CS has a much more impressive website and they have been very good at answering my questions.  Why would they be so much cheaper? ...

CCS Without RHIT (Considering Andrews)
Feb 26, 2011

Coders: In a situation where a new graduate of a program has the CCS but not the RHIT, do you believe this would be an obstacle to finding employment? I notice some jobs say CCS or RHIT and some want both. I am weighing the pros and cons between attending a program that I know will prepare me to pass the CCS (Andrews) versus a program to earn a degree that will make me eligible to take the RHIT and, hopefully, pass the CCS. For background, I am a medical transcriptionist and also will graduate ...

For Those Of You Who Have Graduated From Andrews
Jan 19, 2012

Are any of you actually working as coders? ...

Andrews Students...
Feb 06, 2012

For those of you who are past or present Andrews students... how did you/are you paying for your course? I know you can either put a down payment or pay in full.  Just curious, thanks. ...

Deciding On Andrews BUT
Feb 26, 2012

I know Andrews does not give out any discounts on their $3,800 charge, but are there ways to get help lowering the cost through any organizations you are aware of?  Thanks. ...

I Did It! I Enrolled In Andrews
Mar 05, 2012

for medical coding. I'm excited and a little nervous. Looking forward to getting started. ...

Any Graduates Of Andrews Or M-Tec?
Sep 04, 2012

Would like to know if any graduates of Andrews or M-Tec became employed shortly after completing course and how much I could be expected to earn on a part-time basis (20 hrs/wk)? ...

Andrews School -- Job
Sep 19, 2012

I am an MT who was laid off from my job and I am seriously considering coding school.  So far, I am leaning towards Andrews, they sound the best.  My question is, will I be able to find a job that pays well afterwards?  I have looked at a few job postings online in my area and it looks like entry level coders are only 10 bucks an hour.  This concerns me as I don't want to put out a lot of money for coding school if I am not going to be making much money.  Also, ...

Andrews School...which Course To Take?
Nov 13, 2012

This may not be the right board, but I thought I would put it here. I have been interested in taking the coding course through Andrews for over a year now. I was just wondering if that is the way to go or if I should take a different course that they are now offering. They now offer billing and medical management. I know that medical transcription is out because I am already a transcriptionist and that is not going well. Any and all advice is welcome. Thank you. ...

Another Andrews Question
Jul 01, 2013

I have been researching coding schools.  I have a local community college which would prepare me for the CPC.  I would have to pay out of state tuition, however, which would be substantial.  For less money I could take courses with the Andrews School, which seems like it would prepare me for the CPC and the CCS.  HOWEVER, when I was reading the requirements for the CCS, it sounds like there are certain education requirements -- are you eligible to take the CCS after you gradu ...

Voc Rehab Or WIA And Andrews?
Jul 05, 2013

Has anyone here gotten Vocational Rehabilitation or WIA to pay for an Andrews course? If so, do they pay the whole thing? Thanks! ...

Does Nuance Not Know About Andrews?
Jul 10, 2013

I just saw their ad on the other job site which says this: Recent graduates Openings for graduates within the last year from the following schools: Career Step (Honors/High Honors) MTEC, INC.Winter Park TechSeminole State College Everett College Not that I would encourage recent graduates or anyone else for that matter to work there. It was one of the worst experiences of my life. I guess I'm just surprised that Andrews isn't included in their stupid list. Of course, Nuance doesn� ...

Best School After Andrews. Sm
Nov 08, 2013

I need financial aid.  Andrews doesn't accept Pell grants. etc.  Currently I'm on unemployment.  Been unemployed for about 2 months now.  Have been an MT for 37 years.  I applied for WIA funds (workforce investiment act) and included info about Andrews and medical coding in general, i.e., what it is, etc.  They won't pay for Andrews or coding for that matter because they say:(1)  Its a work at home job.  (2) Its an online program and they ca ...

Andrews School....
Feb 12, 2014

I think I've decided on Andrews School for coding.  My question is any recent graduates get jobs? How quickly?  All openings I've browsed look like they want 3-5 years experience...... ...

Has Anyone Here Completed The Andrews Course And
Apr 02, 2014

not been able to find a coding position?  It seems like the best option, but everyone around here locally wants 5 years experience, so I guess the only other way to get started is as a doctor's office receptionist/biller/coder, which is what they do around here & it doesn't pay well at all because most offices will just train you on the job. My 19-year-old daughter got on doing it but started at $8.50/hr, now up to $9.  Five years as an office girl at a doctor's offi ...

Andrews School Sm
Apr 29, 2014

Those who went through the Andrews School how long did it take to find a job? Thanks. ...

Job At Home After Andrews?
Apr 30, 2014

Hello.  I was told by the student coordinator and Linda Andrews herself that people who have finished their course and gotten their credentials have gotten jobs from home.  I think it was 1 in 4.  Just wondering if any of you have been those 1 in 4?  They also told me it may be more like 50% in a year or so.  Thanks! ...

How To Pay For Andrews School?
Feb 10, 2015

If I could choose a school right now for coding, Andrews would be first choice.  I was hoping that someone could share some suggestions for paying for the course.  Right now AAPC is having a "sale" on their course which is now 50% off.  From my research, though, I think that would not be my first choice, but is muc more affordable than Andrews.  Has anyone used any of the Andrews payment plans?  How did that work out for you?  The cost seems prohibitive to me, but I ...

Andrews Graduates, Did You Get A Job?
Mar 02, 2015

I am seriously considering going into the coding program with Andrews soon. My main concern just lies in finding employment after I finish and become certified. Can any Andrews graduates share their experiences? Were you able to find employment quickly? Was anyone able to start working from home immediately? There are 2 hospitals in my town, but it is not a huge city, and I am afraid employment opportunities may be limited here locally. Anything you can tell me that might be useful would be much ...

Andrews Coding
Mar 21, 2015

I was wondering if anyone has taken the Andrews coding program and if so did you pass the exams? Did you land a job immediately after completing the course? How difficult are the exams and how long did it take to complete the course? I was an MT for years but now I am looking for other options as the MT field has changed way too much and is no longer financially doable for me. ...

Any New Andrews Graduates??
Mar 21, 2015

Just curious if there are any new Andrews graduates (in the last 30 days) that are having success finding a job? I am looking to start this program soon and do not want to jump from the frying pan into the fire, so to speak...been an MT for MANY, MANY years.... Are there jobs out there?  How hard are they to find/get? What is general starting pay? Feeling anxious/nervous/excited.... ...

Best Coding Course Besides Andrews?
Apr 09, 2015

Hello all.  I am not a troll and am truly wondering if there is a coding course that is more economic than Andrews but still TEACHES you to code?  I am an MT but have no experience with coding.  Please help!  Thanks so much.   ...

Andrews Question
Apr 23, 2015

I don't understand why so many people are attending Andrews as it isn't on the AHIMA approved coding certificate program directory. From what I have been reading, Andrews is highly regarded as an excellent school. Am I missing something? ...