A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Received a message from OSI recruiter giving instructions to register for testing?  - searching for better to retire

Posted: Feb 08, 2011

Recevied a message from OSI recruiter giving instructions to register for testing?  Anyone know how long it took to receive the confirmation code once registering?  Also any positives/negatives would be appreciate.  I've been doing this since correctotape and typewriter days....I just want to retire (not for a few more years anyway) and have resasonable benefits.  I guess everything is sort of going this way these days, but I guess we have to stick it out.  Could we all just not log in nationwide for a day?????just kidding!

OSI - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
I believe that OSI is now a part of Nuance/Focus/Encompass. I worked for Focus and it was 8 cpl for straight typing and 4 cpl for VR and of course, the majority of the work was VR. I never made more than $500 per pay period working for them and I have since moved on to a position that is straight transcription and have been doing this for 30 years.

Similar Messages:

Got A Message On Machine Today From MQ Recruiter
Jun 02, 2011

I have been working for MQ for years! Wish I had been home to get that call and have fun playing along, LOL ...

I Think This Has Been Suggested Before, But How About Giving Imedx Their Own Message Board? Nm
Feb 07, 2015

xxx ...

Received A Call From M-Modal For Testing
Jan 10, 2013

Hello.  I have received a call from M-Modal for testing.  I am wondering is the pay really that low there?  I hear it's 4 cpl speech, 8 cpl straight with some bonuses I am assuming., and probably mainly speech like maybe 90?  Does that not make the pay pretty close to minimum wage?  Are there many of you that find you can make significantly more than minimum working there?  I am assuming part-time does not have benefits.  Thank you for the information.  ...

Has Anyone Ever Received A Message From A Company That States (sm)
Aug 20, 2010

that they cannot hire you because they are not an IRS-registered employer in your state?  What the heck is up with that???? ...

I Have Received A Very Odd Message From Cypress Medical, Has (sm)
Jan 26, 2011

anyone else received the same email (trust me, you will know it is odd)?  Has anyone tested for them or been hired by them? TIA ...

Just Received A Call/message From Superior Global
Jul 09, 2012

Hello!  I am seeking new employment and just received a call/message from Superior Global.  I see on here only negative information, but the newest post about them I can see is from 2008.  Does anyone know anything more current about Superior Global?  I am hoping things have improved, but if not, I don't want to waste my time ...  Thank you for your input!  I really appreciate it. ...

Just Received An Message From A Professor Regarding Coding Exams.
Mar 28, 2014

The following is the summation of a message I just received from one of my professors, the HIT department chair, regarding upcoming coding exams.  This is just an FYI for those of you scheduled or scheduling your exams.   Coding Certification Exams - Contact your test centers  If anyone is signed up for any of the coding certification exams, they have been delayed for about 30 days.  Be sure to review the information below and contact your test center. The coding exams hav ...

If I Hire A Subcontractor Do I Have To Register As A Sole Proprieter? Sm
Feb 17, 2010

Not sure how it works - I am consideriing hiring someone to just help me with extra work, but have never done that before.  I want to be sure I do everything legal and appropriately.  Do I register as a sole proprieter and pay social security for her? Anyone know? Or can I just payher and give her a 1099 at the end of the year? ...

Calling To Register With Andrews Soon - Ready To Leave MT Sm
Mar 28, 2012

I had been wondering how I was going to come up with a down payment to register for the Andrews coding course and it looks like I will be able to do it in a week.  I am so happy I could cry buckets.   I have not been an MT as long as some, but I entered the field because I love research and anything medical related.  When I started as an MT, MTSOs still wanted blanks and everything else researched for as perfect a document as possible.  I still have issues with spending ...

Saince Testing? Transcription Or Vocabulary/terminology Type Testing?
Jun 16, 2014

Anyone willing to tell if it is multiple dictations, how many, etc.  Were you able to get foot pedal to work with it? any info helpful.  ...

DQS 6.1 Instructions
Sep 07, 2010

Is there a way to put the DQS 6.1 instructions as a shortcut on our desktops?  It sure would make life easier than having to go through MQCentral every time we have a question while in the middle of a report.  I tried making a shortcut but it didn't work. ...

New Instructions For NJA
Mar 19, 2013

Instructions per supervisor, if out of work, after filling out Remedy ticket, go to teamwork and choose Excused Absence-No Work. I can' find this under Team Work. Can anyone tell me how to enter this in Team Work? ...

Nine Pages Of Instructions For New BOB
Jun 24, 2010

To anyone who got the 9 pages of instructions from the new CCM:   Can you make heads or tails of these instructions and screenshots!?   Hit ctrl twice, then go back and make sure the old patient's name isn't in the field, then ctrl L, then fill in the dictated for, make sure it's who they say it is, then stand on your head while underwater weaving a basket... OMG the new work started to roll in today (PHHS) and I am having to jump back and forth from the ...

New Instructions For UltiPro, But Will Not Let Me In. Sm
Jan 12, 2011

Are we not full accessible to the UltiPro yet?   Got instructions and I got onto the UltiPro site, but when I put in my email and birthdate it said not compatible or inactive????  So, should I just wait until Friday?   ...

Instructions To Dictators O P E N Y O U R M O U T H A N D
Mar 09, 2011

t a l k.  it    would    make   my   life  much   easier   if   you    would  talk  normally and  not  like   you  are  either  a racehorserunninginthekentuckyderby or   the  tortoise  racing  the  hare  and    that     we   d   o   n  o  t ...

Can Someone Give Me Instructions
Jul 21, 2013

Mini rant:  Like what, they're worried some unauthorized person will sneak onto your computer and do a few reports?     Anyway have tried going into  the Fluency utilities, logging off Fluency and changing it, no luck.  Have tried cut and paste URL for Fluency without logging in and no luck.  Just asking because I don't especially want to spend an hour with Kumar/Phil at tech support if I can avoid it.  Thanks.   ...

Facility Instructions
Oct 11, 2013

Can anyone tell me what the MTSOs call the set of medical facility transcription instructions that you are given when assigned to an account? ...

Anyone Have The Download Instructions For 7.6
Jan 12, 2015

I lost the e-mail I was sent.  Hate to call IT.  ...

Discharge Instructions
May 12, 2015

The patient was discharged on "4 IV ORI"  The patient is in for rehydration.  ...

Not Giving Up On TAA
Jan 11, 2010

Decided to take the advise I received about not giving up.  The results are that I was told that I have to be laid off, or about to be laid off.  Want letter from MQ stating lay off or date of lay off.  Too tired to worry with this anymore. ...

Giving Up On The Q
Jan 12, 2010

It is hard to take the leap of faith. It is hard to not be an "MT" anymore after so long. It is hard to think of myself as doing something else... I always said I would go down with the ship and it was hard to admit that my life boat had arrived....maybe an offshore joke would work here. Thanks to all the posters on the board who kept me from going insane everytime I was lied to, everytime I was performance managed, got my pay cuts, got lied to some more, and got promoted to MME.  I don ...

Giving It Up!!!!
Jan 30, 2010

I am giving it up, transcription work.  I have been a transcriptionist since 1998 and have thus so far on this board or other boards have had a job that supported me in doing my work.  I have learned many platforms and programs for these companies and always QA seems to be the downfall on all jobs.  Learn it one way, learn it another way and always not good enough. So jobs I am going back into retail.  Good luck to all MTer's.  ...

Giving Way Or Away
Oct 10, 2010

What is the correct term- giving way or giving away (referring to knee)? Hope everyone is having a nice weekend ...

To MQ Recruiter
Nov 11, 2011

A comment from a post a few days ago has really been eating at me, so I'm finally compelled to respond. "I work for MedQuist as a recruiter. We understand how transient the transcription world is (employees hopping from one company to another)." One common misperception of MTs is that we're transients, more or less gypsies.  Years  ago, a VP of one of the very largest MTSOs told me "behind closed doors" that we were really just prostitutes whose pretty little heads could be ...

SS Recruiter Was It Just Me?
Sep 13, 2012

I had an interview earlier today wtih SS and I felt the recruiter was a bit snippy and condescending with the way the interview was handled.  The first thing she mentioned was the fact that she was "late and that the interview would have to be cut short" because when she tried to call me, she got the message that "all circuits were busy," on the phone line.  (Well it was 12 p.m. EST my time and we were having storms at the time).  I cannot control the phone lines or the phone comp ...

Looks Like A Certain Recruiter At SS Got Let Go
Oct 19, 2012

Just went to another job board and noticed SS has an opening for a recruiter.  I'm wondering since I did call the company and talked to "A" about this person, if other people followed suit and they decided to let her go.  I may call back and see if I could still be hired (it has been about a month since I had my bad interview experience with DN). ...

Giving Up
Oct 28, 2014

On my shift yesterday, I did well over 3 hours of dictation, worked 7.25 out of 8 hours (by company standards), and made less than $60.00.  Again.  Can someone please tell me how not to give up? ...

Instructions For Edit Script
Jan 30, 2010

I would like to get an early jump on learning this program. Is there a list of instructions or manual somewhere that I can download? ...

9 Pages Of Instructions For QCare
Aug 02, 2010

Did y'all read the 9 pages of instructions for QCare.  This really bugs me that I have to take my uncompensated time to read these new directions.  Whose life is this making easier?  Not our's, as usual.  ...

No Instructions On How To Leave Blanks
Dec 15, 2011

Hi, I'm a newbie. If an employer's test instructions say it is not ok to guess, is it ok to leave a "blank" with what you THINK the dr. said? In other words, perhaps like this: <tachycardia>, or is it better not to put what you think he said and just put a plain old blank? any help on this would be great. thanks! ...