A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

My positive experience with Another Medical Must - sm

Posted: Aug 16, 2014

I'm leaving my weekend part-time position with Another Medical Must only because I'm going to be working as a pet sitter/dog walker on weekends starting next weekend.  The owner of Another Medical Must has posted the vacancy here on MT Stars, and I would just like to say that she is wonderful to work for.  I've been slowly phasing out of MT work the past couple of years since I now work full time at our university and only need to supplement my full time income with a few hours of MT work.  I was a full time MT for 25 years, before the MTSOs started sending work to India. 

If you work for Renee, you can be assured that she will be there to help whenever you need her.  The account is an easy one.  All EFLs (English as FIRST Language!).  She really cares about her MTs.  For me, getting exercise as a dog walker will be better physically, so I'm jumping at the opportunity.  I've lost the passion for being an MT that I used to have.  If I were going to stay in, though, it would be with Another Medical Must.  Smile

What is a medical must?? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Another Medical Must - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Another Medical Must is a small MT company.

To person leaving Another Medical Must - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
I am not looking for an MT job (am retired) but I just wanted to wish you lots of good luck and say that I hope you get lots of Rottweilers and Dobermans--the two best dogs in the world, IMHO! Have fun walking.

They are the best! - OP

[ In Reply To ..]
You're right about Rotties and Dobies! I love them...but they might be a little too rambunctious for this tired ol' body. Hee-hee! I might have to enlist the help of my teenager in that case. Thank you for the good wishes. I think it's the perfect solution to my need for supplemental income.

OP - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, they are very rambunctious--and strong, too. Rotties are quite stubborn. It takes a lot of physical strength to control such big dogs. I have always wanted an Akita, but am not sure I could control one at my age (70). Anyway, I hope you get lots of wonderful canine friends and clients and enjoy your new venture. Just be careful of chow-chows. I love them, but they bite!

Similar Messages:

Positive Experience With TTD?
Jun 06, 2012

Does anyone have or have had a positive experience with TTD? Any and all positive or negative information would be appreciated. Thanks ...

SoftScript - Positive Experience So Far
Dec 20, 2010

With all the negative posts on here, I'd like to add a positive post.  I was recently hired by SoftScript, starting training this week, and so far I am really impressed.  I had read posts on here that caused me a great deal of concern over my decision, but so far so good.  They have been on top of their game as far as the recruitment process.  Everything I was told would happen did happen, and very quickly and professionally.  Everything setup and ready to go ...

Are There Any Transcenders Willing To Share Their Positive Experience?
Jan 29, 2010

Maybe I'm the eternal optimist.  My eyes are wide open, and I've been through previous crappy merger.  Maybe The Worst Case will indeed happen.  I guess it's like MQ, the ship of misery where everyone (including me) stayed and stayed and stayed for numerous reasons.  I finally got off only to find a few yrs later a new merger with Transcend.  BTW, the number I  heard on conferences was that with MDI-MD, Transcend was now with 1200 MLS/TLs.  Just ...

Has Anyone Had Experience Doing Any Other Transcription Besides Medical
Sep 10, 2011

I have become pretty miserable/bored lately.  I know its the job itself and I know what the future holds for it, but I can't go back to school right now to try to further my education for something else because I homeschool my kids and that is my first priority.  MT is just part time.  I've been MT'ing for close to 15 years and have never done any other transcribing.  I was just wondering if I wanted to venture out of medical and do general transcription w ...

Any Experience With USA Medical Transcription?
Aug 27, 2012

Does anyone have any experience with USA Medical Transcription? I've read a couple of bad things about them. I don't want to apply to anyone who will treat me like I have been treated. I'm SO close to getting out of transcription and I'm a damn good transcriptionist! ...

Anyone Have Any Experience With Expert Medical Transcription? Sm
Dec 09, 2010

I had never heard of them before, and there do not seem to be many posts in the archives about them, but then again, maybe that is a good thing.  Generally, you hear about the bad companies (which I realize is subjective), but not always about the good ones.  Any information is appreciated.  Thanks. ...

Can You Relate? My Experience As A Medical Transcriptionist
Oct 19, 2011

I've been an MT for 12 years.  I started out with MedQuist as a subcontractor.  Life was great!  Then came employee status and being performance managed, VS, crappy software, overworked supervisors and nit picking about being literally 10 minutes late for work or getting heavy points taken off my quality score for typing "were" instead of "was."  I went to Focus, which was then taken over by Nuance, and the same experience as above started happening.  So I went ...

Medical Data Services - Any Experience
Nov 03, 2014

Has anyone had any experience or know anything of Medical Data Services?  I am a recent graduate and was referred to them by my school. Thanks for any input. ...

Experience At Summerville Medical Transcription?
Apr 28, 2015

Is there anyone here in MT land that currently works for Summerville Medical Transcription or have you in the past?  Curious as to your thoughts about this company. ...

Anybody Have Experience With National Medical Transcription Company?
Oct 07, 2010

I received a job interview for an IC position with a company called National Medical Transcription with headquarters in New York.  Has anybody worked with this company? My main concern was that the company does not offer direct deposit but rather issues a check via mail.  Next concern is a "transparent" means of tallying up productivity for 65 character lines and spaces included. I would appreciate any feedback from present or past contractors. Thank you. ...

Oticed A Lot Of Medical Assistant Jobs Looking For EMR Experience
Oct 31, 2012

looks like there may be a place for us MTs to go once MT dies out completely ...

New Grad Medical Transcription - Company That Will Hire With No Experience
Jan 30, 2014

Just graduated from MT school and I am having a lot of trouble finding a company that will hire with no experience... any advice?? thanks!   Jenn ...

I Have Not Worked In 6 Years, And Only Have 3 Months Experience, Is There Hope In Finding A Medical
Jul 05, 2012

I graduated from a local Technical College with a Certificate in Medical Transcription. I had spent a year searching for a company that would hire someone new, but had no luck. Then, out of the blue a local company had seen my resume and offered me a job. I got the job, but the thing was I was almost 7 months pregnant with my second child! I had only worked a couple months until our baby was born and after consideration, decided not to come back so I could be with our baby full-time. Well, it ha ...

Urinalysis:  Blood Positive, Protein Positive
Jun 02, 2010

Urinalysis:  Blood positive, protein positive, 30-40 dublisees(???) 80-99 rbusees ...

Abnormal Nuclear Stress Test, Consider False Positive Study, Hyphen FALSE POSITIVE?
May 19, 2010

:) ...

OB S/l Nitrazine Positive, ___ Positive Sm
Jun 28, 2011

Can't tell what's being said. First it sounded like folate positive, then foleen or poleen.  Ack! Whatever it is, it showed up in office visit exam and again in hospital. ...

New Graduate - Experience In Transcription Is Experience
Nov 11, 2009

I am a new graduate and need to find a job! I am also new to this site. I got the site info from a friend that has been doing transcription work for many years. She has given me some leads, but as of now, nothing! It appears that most of these companies wnat 2 or more years experience. Does anyone know how I can start and get some experience? I suppose in anything and not just medical. Experience in transcription is experience, right? ...

Is There Anything Positive About Being An MME?
Oct 21, 2009

I was thinking about becoming an MME, but all I hear is negative talk.  Is there anything good about being one? ...

Something Positive To Say
Mar 27, 2010

I get on this site every now and then and it is so disheartening to see so many people frustrated with their employers.  I work for two different companies and I have to say I love them both.  I work for OSi and I work for All Type.  Both treat me fairly, respond rapidly to questions and are nice employers.  I've always been paid on time, they both understand emergencies and I make a good income from each.  There are good companies and there are nice people to work ...

TTD- Anything Positive On Them?
May 23, 2012

Hi, I am new to this board, but have been searching jobs here.  I applied to TTD and received new-hire package.  I have been looking here at all the negative comments about them before actually figuring out what I want to do with them.  My question is, are there any positive comments about them at all?  I may have an opportunity later this summer at a job locally and have a job currently, but not sure if I want to hop into this if they don't pay.  I don't want ...

Anything Positive ?
May 29, 2012

Is there anyone out there who has anything positive to say about any transcription company ??  Keystrokes, Naunce, Transcend, Accentus, Softscript ?   Are they ALL bad ?  Thanks ...

Anything Positive?
Dec 31, 2012

I'm currently a student with a nearing graduation date. I'm getting quite discouraged lately because from what I have been researching and finding on forums is that basically there is not enough work out there to make ends meet. I've seen alot of negative posts from current MTs and it makes me nervous since I have yet to graduate. Is there anything positive out there for a student like me to look forward to?? ...

Something Positive
Jun 22, 2013

I just wanted to mention something positive about MT, my experience.  There are a lot of negatives posted about the MT field on this board, and I'm not discounting anybody's experience, as, yes, there have been changes in this field, and some of those changes have hit people hard and are not fair.  I just wanted to give encouragement to people who like MT that there are some positive things/companies still going on.  I have 7 years of experience.  I graduated from C ...

What Impact Will The Electronic Medical Record Have On The Medical Coding Career
Mar 20, 2011

Dear medical coding students and medical coders: I am starting The Andrew's School of Medical Coding on April 1, 2011 and I have I am looking forward to it. I want to ask you your opinions. I was at the dog park with my pug Cruncher yesterday and I was telling my friends that I was looking forward to starting school and one my friends who is an oncologist at NIH was advising me that I should think twice about starting medical coding as a profession because the implementation of the electron ...

Some Positive Words, Please!
Dec 30, 2009

Man, I can see the changes in the transcription industry (admittedly negative changes) have really gotten us down and we're stuck in a mire of complaints, bad feelings and feeling tired and fed up!  I feel the same way, and I feel that greed and the economy are to blame.  But sometimes you just need to hear a positive word to make it through the day, or through the week.  Here is mine - I am thankful that I do not have to spend money on work clothes and ga ...

Heme-positive
Feb 08, 2010

Is "heme-positive" actually slang for Hemoccult-positive or for hemoglobin-positive?  Also, I found on an archived post that Hemoccult is capitalized because it is a trade name but wonder if the above are capitalized as well or should not be used because they are slang? ...

Hyphen Is ER/PR Positive?
Feb 08, 2010

Is it ER/PR-positive with the hyphen or ER/PR positive without the hyphen?  I can't ever figure this out. ...

Transolutions - Anything Positive
Jul 01, 2010

Anyone have anything positive to say about Transolutions or more specifically their recent experience with the Apex platform? ...

I Am Not Really Positive I Completely Buy Into ~sm~ TIA
Mar 27, 2010

I am not really positive I completely buy into the fact that this illnesses is of such s/l reparation as his gamma globulin levels have been a little bit elevated and I wonder if there is more chronicity than we think. ...

Positive S/l Clubsiella
Sep 30, 2010

Any ideas? ...