A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

MEDSCRIBE FLORIDA info - CONFUSEDMT

Posted: Oct 30, 2011

Confused on whether to go with MedScribe or not.  They seem like really nice people, but would be a pay cut (but they pay for spaces and now not getting paid for spaces). It also seems like the work would be consistent.  My biggest fears:  Having to work Saturdays, but most of all, if I can meet their 1300 line a day requirement.  Right now, my line requirement with another co. is 800 lines a day and it seems that is all I am able to get, but I think that is mainly because of the accounts and not my ability.  I used to be able to do 1200 lines a day many, many years ago, but the arms, shoulders, and hands are tired, very, very tired, so I'm just not sure.  Any information or comments on MedScribe in Florida would help me a lot!  Thanks!  

MedScribe - pook

[ In Reply To ..]
Is this 1300 lines a day for typed? I work for a hospital and our requirement was 121 lines/hour typed, but they just raised it to 175, which is even higher than MedScribe. It won't be too long before physicians and hospitals switch to FEVR. Our hospital is going to it and another large conglomerate of offices in town went to it and laid off all of their transcription staff. I figure I got a year left tops before the layoffs start. I'd take it and do your best, won't be long before medical transcription is obsolete. Our ED switched to it (Dragon FEVR) and the company that owns Dragon says our ED saved $500,000 in the first year eliminating manual trancription and the docs couldn't be happier doing their own reports. Sad but true. All these transcription companies are going to be obsolete in a few years. I'd take what you can get now, or else go back to school for coding, etc.

MT Future - xmt

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree somewhat with pook. Dragon took over at the hospital/clinic I worked for, with many layoffs. The docs like it because of instant turnaround; many of them just e-sign w/o proofing or revising. EMR is becoming a joke! The other hospitals in the area are doing the same thing. MT is now a dinosaur profession. Pook recommended coding, but that's going in the same direction.

The daily line requirement - at MedScribe

[ In Reply To ..]
The full time line requirement at MedScribe in Jax, FL is 1200 lines a day, not 1300. That is what we have been required to transcribe for quite some time now, and there is still the two bonus levels that are paid out at 1400 per day and again at 1600 per day. I am on the acute care team and you are right when you say the work is steady, we have been offered overtime for the past month since the new Chicago account started. HTH.

line requirement - CONFUSEDMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Yep, I checked again and the paperwork sent to me says 13,000 lines in a biweekly period which translates to 1300 lines a day with the bonus starting at 15,166 lines. Interesting since they told me everyone's requirements (acute care) were the same and they also told me the rate of pay is the same for everyone across the board no matter how long you've been there. What they offered was less than what I made when I first started working at home 9 years ago.

MedScribe - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I dug my old one out too and it says bi-monthly pay period not bi-weekly. We are paid twice a month not every other week.
I like it - oldMT
[ In Reply To ..]
yes the line rate is lower than I had at my last job, but I actually have lines now so I'm making more money. and it is bi-monthly, not bi-weekly, so it is actually 1200 a day. they have great software so it's not hard at all to get the line count. I have plenty of work all the time, and even overtime.
line rate - CONFUSEDMT
[ In Reply To ..]
Well, I have the paperwork/offer letter they sent me, right in front of me and it says 1300 lines a day. Why would i make that up? It's right here in black and white. Maybe they've changed their requirements lately. I think I made the right decision not to take the job because what they offered me was LESS than I made per line when I started working at home 9 years ago. Thinking I should go forward and not backward as far as pay.
MedScribe MT - Carol
[ In Reply To ..]
MedScribe has been a very good company to work for. I have been working for them for over ten years. The new platform makes it easy to get lines but you do have to work your schedule as that is required. Our healthcare plan is very affordable and the pay is bimonthly by direct deposit, never late and only one week after the pay period ends. My line rate has never gone up but it also has never gone down and I read alot on here about that happening at other companies. The incentive bonus is quite nice and really helps out around the holidays if I choose to work more.
ok I'm not going to argue with you about the lines per day - oldMT
[ In Reply To ..]
If you are still questioning those of us who work there and KNOW that it is 1200 lines per day, then call the recruiter and clarify. I am not accusing you of making it up, it's just a mistake is all. As far as the line rate goes, the last job I had paid me 1 cent higher on weekdays and 2 cents higher on weekends. but I had NO WORK. I chose to take the lower line rate and actually have lines and it is working out to where I am making more money. why would I make that up? 25 cents a line x zero lines is still ZERO. And there are incentives so you can push your line rate up. Plus there is overtime. if you stay too fixated on the line rates, you will end up with a job where you have a higher line rate and no lines.

Similar Messages:

Info On Medscribe Florida, Nm
Mar 04, 2011

. ...

Any Info On MedScribe In Florida?
Dec 16, 2014

xxx ...

MedScribe, Florida
Oct 17, 2013

Does anyone know if MedScribe, Florida, is still in transcription business? Heard they've lost a large account. ...

Medscribe Florida
Oct 26, 2014

Does anyone know if Medscribe in Florida uses an external recruiter, someone who recruits for more than one company? ...

Any Other ICs Get Laid Off From Medscribe In Florida?
Feb 20, 2010

Any other ICs get laid off from Medscribe in Florida? ...

Has Anyone Else Tested For Medscribe In Florida
Jul 20, 2010

I tested for them on Saturday and received an email shortly thereafter asking me to contact Monday to go over what positions they have.  I called first thing Monday a.m., left a message and have called back numerous times and can't get anyone to call me back or to answer.  Anyone else have any luck with them?  TIA ...

Medscribe-Jacksonville, Florida
Oct 06, 2010

I've worked for Medscribe-Jacksonville for over 2 years now.  I have always had plenty of work except for holidays usually.  The work has slowly becoming less and less, but in the last 3-4 weeks the work has slowed WAY down to pretty much nonexistent.  Anyone working for this company have any idea what is happening?  ...

Any Opionions On Medscribe (Florida) And DTS?
Oct 09, 2011

I have debating on applying to both of these companies.  Does anyone have an opinion one way or the other? Steady work, decent account with ability to make a liveable wage, and also benefits i.e. cost of insurance affordable?  I know this is a lot to ask but I need to find the right fit. I currently work for a local hospital and the pay is excellent but I have no benefits and I need insurance.  Getting an individual policy for our family is just way too expensive through our ...

Medscribe Florida Pay Cuts
Jul 04, 2012

I saw posts on here about Medscribe pay cuts and really didn't believe it until it happened to me.  They lost their 2 biggest accounts, so what do you do, you cut the employees' pay who were bringing in the income.  I only know of the one account they lost because it happened to be the one I worked on and my income went literally to 0.  THEN when they finally decided to put me on another account, they cut my pay.  Stick a fork in me.  Once again, the greed in t ...

Know Anything About Medscribe Out Of Florida? Good Or Bad.
Jun 04, 2014

Any news would be appreciated. TIA! ...

ICs In Contract With MedScribe Out Of Florida?
Aug 14, 2014

Are there any independent contractors out there who contract with MedScribe out of Florida?  I am really needing some more info about this company.  ...

Medscribe In Florida Ad For IC. Also Employee?
Sep 25, 2014

The ad is hiring IC, but their web site shows employee benefits  and no IC positions. Do they hire both? ...

Medscribe Florida - Any New Information
Oct 22, 2014

Last couple of posts that came up there were no responses to.  Makes me wonder if it is one of those companies that don't encourage their employees to speak freely. I see they have had some ads recently and would like more current information. I know no company fits everybody, but would like to hear there are some happy campers there before I apply.     ...

Anyone Respond To P.r.n. Positions At Medscribe -- I Believe They Are In Florida.
Mar 14, 2012

I just got an email about these positions.  Sounds good to me.  I only want part-time work, so this would be right up my alley.  The pay is kind of low in the beginning, but they do raise you to 8 c/l after probation.  not too shabby huh???  What opinions are there here regarding this company?  Good, bad or otherwise???  I saw their web site here and it sounds okay, but then you never know.  Anyone currently working for this company now???? ...

Medscribe In Florida Rate/requirements
Oct 12, 2014

Anyone willing to share what going line rate is, is there a shift differential, line requirements, and how QA is?  ...

Regarding Medscribe HIM (formerly NJ, Now Florida). I Saw A Pretty Heated Exchange...
Aug 28, 2012

from May/June 2012 between the QA and a former employee. I'm interested in an IC supplemental position, but I'm a little concerned about relationships there. I'm also wondering if anyone is on the account they are hiring for? The ad says many dictators on VR should NOT be on VR, and I know that's true for a lot of companies. Is it just honesty, or are there some authors that are worse than bad? Any input appreciated! ...

Medscribe Florida - 12 Hour Window Anymore?
Nov 11, 2014

Have seen old posts advertising 12 hour window.  Anyone know if they are still doing this?  Or any company that does allow a 12 hour window? TIA ...

Anyone Recently Apply At Medscribe (Florida One) And Ever Hear Back?
May 17, 2010

I need a job YESTERDAY.. and I have applied to so many places and actually did the testing with Medscribe twice but they cannot even get back to me one way or the other. I'm completely discouraged!!! ...

Mediscript Plus - Florida? Have Any Info?
Nov 04, 2009

Anyone have info on them? I checked archives. Could not determine what was what there. Just wondering. Thanks ...

Any Info On Proscript (in Florida I Think)? Nm
Apr 27, 2011

no message ...

Med-Scribe In Florida? Info?
Nov 16, 2014

Anyone work for Med-Scribe in Florida?  Any info on VR editing pay? ...

Anyone Have Info On Quality Med Tran In Florida,
Nov 25, 2011

. ...

Info On MedScribe?
Oct 23, 2009

Anyone work for MedScribe?  I just applied with them and I am hoping to get some info about the platform, ease of dictators, accounts, schedule, is there enough work, etc?  Any info is appreciated. Thanks! ...

Anyone Have Any Info On MedScribe?
Apr 19, 2011

Anyone have any info on MedScribe? ...

MedScribe Inc Info -
Nov 11, 2011

MedScribe Inc out of New Albany, Indiana - anyone with current info?  I see they are hiring for IC's at 7 cpl to start with raise.  Raise to what?  8 cpl?  Thanks -  ...

Medscribe Info Please
Feb 09, 2015

Please, if anyone currently works for or previously worked for Medscribe any information would be appreciated. Thanks ...

Updated Info On Transcription South In Clearwater, Florida?
Sep 18, 2012

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had any new and updated info on Transcription South, Inc. in Clearwater, Florida. I was doing a little research before I interview with them. Anyone worked with them before? ...

Info On Medscribe Transcription?
Jan 20, 2010

Any Info Good Or Bad On Medscribe?
Mar 29, 2010

Any info good or bad on Medscribe?  thanks! ...

Current Info On MedScribe?
Dec 05, 2011

Can anyone here provide info on this company?  I'm wondering about pay rates, if they're well organized, do they leave you alone to work, etc. Thanks. ...