A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

LM line count will be investigated. - LawyerMT

Posted: May 26, 2013

My niece is willing to look into the matter. She is an attorney and is contacting the labor boards.  She is requesting all keep documentation and compare in open word document against your line count you get from your finished document.  She said Medquist was brought down by these same misleading practices and had to pay MTs back, and she is willing to do the work.  I too have asked about my line count and was told to work harder.  Well, if I am wrong,  nothing to lose.  If I am right,  I want my money.  I work darn hard and barely make ends meet and to read that other MTs at Landmark have noticed this too, well if it smells like a duck, walk like a duck, it is a duck and not a swan!

I'm on board! - thanks

[ In Reply To ..]
Hard enough to earn a dollar these days without them being taken away.

Good for you and what a fantastic niece. - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't work for them, but think it's great that someone's finally able to and willing to do something to help bring down these MTSOs that think they can get away with cheating employees/ICs.

I don't work for any of the larger companies, but I'd be willing to make phone calls to complain about them and get a ball possibly rolling if anyone wants to contact me. I realize that sounds suspicious, but I'm a regular MT like the rest of you and hate to see us taken advantage of. I may end up in the same boat before a year and a half is out, due to my work rules changing in this state.

SM - Not too fantastic niece

[ In Reply To ..]
Have you ever heard of the concept of innocent until proven guilty? A word to the wise: False accusations and other libelous posting on the Internet are actionable. And no, I am neither a party to any "investingation," nor am I an investor in the company. Just someone who believes in fair play for MTs and MTSOs alike.

Since when do MTSO's EVER play fair? - Which is why theyre being investigated. nm

[ In Reply To ..]

LawyerMT - xxx

[ In Reply To ..]
Have you tried to handle this directly with Landmark first? It would seem to me that integrity would require you to do that.

No, MQ MTs did not get paid back - we got an AHDI membership

[ In Reply To ..]
That is it! I would love to have all the money they owe me.

ick. double whammy. sad. - NM

[ In Reply To ..]

Right - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
The money went to AHDI, of course. They gave us a membership or some of their useless products.

It was the final straw that convinced me to get out and never look back. I am very glad I did.

MQ did NOT pay MTs a dime. AHDI got all settlment dollars. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
The MTs received a choice between software and free CMT course.

Class action lawsuits benefit lawyers and rarely anyone else.

Also, since MQ's lawsuit ended have things gotten better for the MT? Not even a little bit.

If you do the math, we shouldv'e all gotten $10,000 from that lawsuit. nm - justme

[ In Reply To ..]
xxx

yes I know I made a typo NM - justme

[ In Reply To ..]
xxx
I figured about $100 each at the time. - you appear to have misplaced your decimal point
[ In Reply To ..]
I thought there were about 10,000 MTs in the class, but turns out there were actually 28,000 (included past employees as well), so it would really have only been about $35 each (of $1 million settlement after court costs and administrative fees).

~~~~

$1.5M Settles MedQuist Worker Class Action

By Samuel Howard

Law360, New York (April 02, 2009, 12:00 AM ET) -- MedQuist Inc. has agreed to pay $1.5 million to settle allegations the clinical services company shortchanged its medical transcriptionists, resolving claims by a class of some 28,000 past and current employees.

Judge Jerome B. Simandle of the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey approved the class action settlement Tuesday, noting that after years of litigation and extensive discovery the plaintiffs failed to support allegations that MedQuist systematically underpaid its transcriptionists.

Providing $1.5 million compensation and funding for medical transcriptionist education programs, the settlement “represents a good value to the class for what has proved to be a very weak case,” Judge Simandle said.

The court did not award attorneys’ fees under the settlement, and plaintiffs are required to compensate counsel out of the $1.5 million MedQuist provides the class.

All told, no less than $1 million is going to the Association for Healthcare Documentation and Integrity to provide free professional courses, as roughly $248,000 of the settlement is allotted to the plaintiffs’ attorneys’ fees, with an additional $150,000 going to cover administrative costs.

Neal R. Marder, a partner at Winston & Strawn LLP and counsel for the defendant, said the settlement reflected the court’s repudiation of the allegations in the suit.

“MedQuist firmly believed from the outset of the case, and continues to maintain, that it correctly paid its transcriptionists, that it did nothing wrong, and that the allegations in the suit were completely meritless. We believe that the court's opinion approving of the class action settlement, with no payment of attorneys' fees or monies to the class, supports MedQuist's views,” Marder said.

Rather than continue with costly litigation, MedQuist thought it best to resolve the case and put the matter behind it, Marder added.

The settlement establishes a class of MedQuist transcriptionists compensated on a per-line basis for work completed between Nov. 29, 1998, and Aug. 11, 2008.

While the vast majority of the 28,000 transcriptionists have not objected to the settlement, 195 plaintiffs have opted out of the agreement.

Plaintiffs filed suit in September 2005 alleging MedQuist — the largest provider of medical transcription services in the U.S. — systematically underpaid its transcriptionists by undercounting the lines they transcribed.

In discovery, the plaintiffs expert reviewed thousands of pages of medical reports generated by class members and was unable to find any evidence of a pattern of underpayment through an undercounting of lines, the opinion says.

The class action consists of three suits that were consolidated in 2006.

The plaintiffs are represented by Trujillo Rodriguez & Richards LLC and Feldman & Pinto PC.

MedQuist is represented by Winston & Strawn LLP and Greenbaum Rowe Smith & Davis LLP.

The case is Myers et al. v. MedQuist Inc. et al., case number 1:05-cv-04608, in the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey.

MQ and AHDI - In the know

[ In Reply To ..]
No, things have not gotten better for MTs since the lawsuit ended, but they did get better for both MQ and AHDI and that is all the bullies from both of those organizations cared about.

Join the Transcend lawsuit... - you would be better off

[ In Reply To ..]
since the lawyers on that case are already deep into it, just last week were asking for others with different company problems to join, and more than likely better prepared for a "fight" and will not settle for a "settlement" such as MQ offered last time. No offense to your niece, but this is going to require a big dog to play with a big dog. Good luck to you. for all of us.

I recommend using a software line counter not Word - ICManiac

[ In Reply To ..]
No one really can explain how Word arrives at its calculation except Microsoft. It would be better if someone with a reputable software line counter offered to help coordinate calculating or everyone should get their own software. Be careful about getting canned for violating HIPAA if you choose to save your reports on your hard drive.

There was a long thread last week about W line - ct and platform line ct actually SM

[ In Reply To ..]
being very close, and MT was happy with that. But suddenly, there was a 25% difference between the 2 line cts. Nobody expects W character ct divided by what makes up a line to be exact, but it will be close enough to tell you if you need to investigate further. ANd again, W and platform counts were close then suddenly they were far apart although nothing about the jobs or how the jobs were done was any different.

The OP never answered the question... - Discrepancy

[ In Reply To ..]
Of whether it was on the same account. All very vague accusations.
Discrepancy - Wondering2
[ In Reply To ..]
And she (or he) did not say why the matter was not handled internally with her/his supervisor, the way you are supposed to do. It looks to me like someone is trying to stir the pot.

Good. If LM line cts are on the up and up, would think - management would welcome investigation SM

[ In Reply To ..]
If they are not dinking with line cts, why should they worry? Why not just wait for the atty to call and then show him there is no cheating of the MTs?

Why? - xxx

[ In Reply To ..]
Because time is money. Do you actually mean to say people need to waste time to prove their innocence? The burden of proof is on the person making the accusation, not on the person being accused. Do some basic business legal research. Your simplistic way of thinking is really unprofessional.

There is also the issue of making such a horrible accusation on a public forum. Why not handle it face to face, i.e., with their accounting department or HR or however their interface with employees is set up? Safe to say there are more appropriate places to air grievances than on a chat board. At least give them the chance to face their "accusers" privately. Again, such simplistic thinking does not work in business--in any business. Would you want your employer to make an accusation at you in public? Didn't think so.

Why should they welcome investigation? To show they are - not dinking with line cts, of course SM

[ In Reply To ..]
Do you really think proving innocence is a waste of time? If they are indeed innocent of cheating MTs, should be a short and sweet matter to show their method to an atty, no big deal.

If LM is really on the up and up with cts, would go a long way for them to send email explaining how they count lines. A blanket email with such info would end this discussion for good. And dont bother to say why should LM take the time to do that. They should take the time to do that to promote good will with their MTs.
Their MTs should prove their own goodwill - drive-by observer
[ In Reply To ..]
by handling this internally, i.e. with a representative from this MTSO firm or company. You seem not to be able to grasp that in American law, the duty is not upon the accusED to prove himself innocent, but upon the accusER to prove guilt. (The only exception to this is the Internal Revenue Service Tax Court.) You could look it up. (Or take a basic American history or civics course.) Don't presume guilt. Go through the proper channels (HR, employee relations, etc.) of any company.
The accuser will prove guilt through atty. Easy Peasy. - No big deal. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
s
They're name will also be public record. sm - An LM MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm amazed at how people don't think things through. The minute a lawsuit is filed all information becomes public record, by law.

Maybe there will be a win. But if there is a loss or the case is dismissed... your name is public record. I wouldn't say a person is blackballed, but a quick Googling of the person's name might give the next MTSO the idea that this person is an employment risk.
*Their* - A LM MT
[ In Reply To ..]
forgot to edit
An LM MT - Another LM MT
[ In Reply To ..]
And another thing these people who are so anxious to run to lawyers and cry wolf seem to forget is that there is such a thing as malicious prosecution and vexatious litigation. If it can be proven that they are just trying to cause trouble and have no cause of action, they could leave themselves open to such a claim. It is foolhardy, IMHO, to make legal threats on a chat board. The proper thing to do is to speak to someone in management.
But the good thing about the good ole USA, you can bring - a suit if you think you are being SM
[ In Reply To ..]
taken advantage of.
Yeah, right. I doubt any MTSO will google potential MT - names. And again, if things are SM
[ In Reply To ..]
on the up and up, why should any MTSO be wary of hiring any MT?

Seems to me only the dishonest MTSO would google names so she doesnt hire somebody smart enough to catch the dishonesty.
Hmmm, when I google the MM lawsuit, no names come up. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
c
Did you google the specific names? sm - A LM MT
[ In Reply To ..]
Because they're in PACER, listed in the MQ legal documents.
Post implied google MQ lawsuit and the name would be right - there, they are not. What busy Sm
[ In Reply To ..]
MTSO is going to google about the suit on the off chance one of the hundreds of MTs that apply for a job was a litigant in the suit, much less go traipsing through the internet to find that info? None, is my guess.

But anyway, an up-and-up MTSO wont care who was a litigant if that MTSO is not cheating their MTs.
That's way too professional! - An LM MT
[ In Reply To ..]
She says dripping with sarcasm.

Time and again this person who is accusing them has been asked if they have approached a supervisor or HR person and has never answered and/or skirted the issue.

You are exactly correct. Burden of proof is on the accuser, and it must be infallible, in writing or some other variable factor.

Oh, and why would Landmark mind a request? Because attorneys charge a lot of money, and it would cost them money for a defense.
An LM MT - xxx
[ In Reply To ..]
I agree with you. There is something in the law known as vexatious litigation. These people who keep attacking companies on the Internet need to know that vexatious litigation and malicious prosecution are actionable. Just saying.

proving a negative and a total waste of time and money - geesh

[ In Reply To ..]
That would be like someone have to prove they aren't stupid. Why would ANY company of ANY kind welcome being investigated. I swear some of you need more of a life.

Most of the time these threads are started because someone is bored and wants to see what they can stir up.

What changes are you making in your life so that you're not trying to ruin a perfectly good company?

Perfectly good company? That will be decided if we - learn they arent cheating MTs.nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Would be nice if their hiring/firing practices (sm) - Ex-LMer

[ In Reply To ..]
could be looked at too. Ridiculous how they over-hire and let the transcriptionists they do have suffer without any work, only to be locked out of their system for no good reason.

Reason this isn't handled internally (sm) - Lupe

[ In Reply To ..]
Today's MTSOs have made basic business etiquette is a thing of the past. When it comes to having a friendly talk with the boss about a disputed line count, IF you are lucky enough to get a return call or email reply, many MTs have been fired for much less.

I would love to see someone legally address MTSOs making the known false claim that if we work for them as editors, we can do the work twice as fast, therefore there is no reduction in salary. Talk about bait and switch!

y'all really need an education - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
If you are a contractor, they owe you no reason other than to go by the contract you submitted that includes the penalties for getting rid of you with no notice. If you're an IC you have that in writing, right? I mean you did follow the law and submit a contract to your client delineating what you charge per line, when you're to be paid, etc?

And if you're an employee, most MT jobs are at will. You can quit because it's Tuesday and they can fire you because it's Wednesday. No other reason needed.

What does this have to do with them dinking with line cts - and stealing from the MTs??? nm

[ In Reply To ..]
s
Umm, follow the thread - duh
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Have been. At will employment still has nothing to do with LM - fudging the line cts. Duh x2. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
I was making a general comment...sm - Ex-LMer
[ In Reply To ..]
that it would be nice IF that was something that could be looked into the same way that line counts are. I *know* that it isn't and I wasn't saying that it should be included in this person's would-be lawsuit. I was making a comment that Landmark has ridiculous and unfair practices when it comes to over-hiring people and not putting the transcriptionists that they do have on other accounts.
General comment in a very specific thread? - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Good grief! I didn't know we couldn't talk ...sm - Ex-LMer
[ In Reply To ..]
about other things related to Landmark! Seriously? Give me a break!

Tell your niece to check out TransTech line counts too while she is at it- - TTMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Actually, she could probably work full-time investigating these MTSOs since they all think they can do whatever they want.

The difference in line count from Ex-editor and Ichart are substantial-$100.00 in pay for 2 weeks for me.

I have only been there a few weeks and I am astonished. I make twice a much at the same speed for another MTSO. I still can't figure out how they are counting their lines. It is supposed to be 65 character line with only 1 space, but still doesn't add up.

I looked in the archives and it seems this practice has gone on for a long time at TransTech.

Out the door for me-I don't work for free!

Where are you getting your Ex-Editor count from? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
?

I-chart and Scriptwire-nm - TTMT

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Good luck with that. sm - An LM MT

[ In Reply To ..]
First, it's been explained here that you cannot rely on MSWord to compare to an accurate word count from a platform, even if that platform is Word based. There are *technical* reasons. This isn't just for Landmark, it's ANY place I've worked. You'd do better to copy/paste it into Notepad and then use something like Abacus to count.

Second, word counts change because of QA issues. If you're a crap MT and they have to edit your stuff a lot, the word and line count goes down.

Third, it's ridiculous. If you don't like what you're getting paid, then go some place else or better yet get your own accounts and negotiate the rates.

Keep in mind that all you may be accomplishing is making the owners mad and then they either sell out the company or fold up shop and decide it's not worth messing with being in the MT business.

(MQ anyone? They sold out to CBay before the lawsuit was even finished, and then many MQ MTs found themselves without work.)

You might get some money "back," if it's ever proven you're owed that money, but more likely you'll just put yourself and everyone else who works there out of a job if you pursue a lawsuit. Plus, it would be an individual unless you could get it certified as a class-action suit and would have to be consolidated into one state.

Good luck with that.

Cant believe cheerleaders cant see the forest for the - trees. Substitute W line counter with SM

[ In Reply To ..]
ANY OTHER LINE COUNTER. This is NOT about W. The issue here is MT was comparing ct between platform counter and another line counter. (Insert name of whatever line counter you would like) And for a long time, those two numbers were very close.

Suddenly, those 2 figures were different by 25% consistently. Way to big a difference over a period of time to blame in on qa. Really? Are MTs told when hired that this will happen if they are a less-than MT? I am sure qa isnt the reason the OP is seeing a 25% difference4 in the two diffent line counters.

And as far as management getting mad and closing shop, sounds like they are taking their toys and going home after they have been found cheating. If they are doing nothing wrong, what is the big deal. Not as many MTs as we would like come here, I doubt whatever is posted here would not make a difference to a well run MTSO.

Seem to me the cheerleaders are just picking the elements of this issue that really dont make a difference. This isnt about line counters per se. This is about the sudden difference of the 2 counts, going from close enough that MT was happy, to suddenly having a difference of 25% between the 2 numbers. Get it? The difference is the issue here, not the line counters.

Seems to me the cheerleaders are trying to bully concerned MTs from checking into this further. I think it is great that MTs are finally starting to stand up for themselves. I am glad MTs are starting to realize the MTSO does not have the MTs best interest at heart.

Again, this not about the counters used. Get out of that rut and look at the REAL issues.

Here's what you don't seem to get. sm - An LM MT

[ In Reply To ..]
There are TECHNICAL REASONS that line counts can vary. This is above and beyond landmark.

First, if you're the person who started all this crap, you have yet to answer whether or not you have changed accounts between when the discrepancies showed up.

Second, you've repeatedly been asked if you have spoken with the higher ups, supervisors, etc. E-mail and document each time you e-mail. Make a note. Then make a phone call. Make a note, etc.

Finally, WHAT DO YOU HOPE TO ACCOMPLISH? Because what if it is proven that there's nothing wrong with the line count and you do not understand technical aspects involved, which have been repeatedly pointed out? Are you aware that if you file a suit YOU will be responsible for THEIR court costs and fees? You may also open yourself up to litigation upon yourself for making false accusations in a public forum.

Answer those questions. this isn't about being a cheerleader. It's about being a mature, professional, responsible adult who gets their facts in line before going on online and making what, realistically are very VAGUE accusations. (I checked my line count before. It was right. I checked it again, and now it's wrong. Wow... that's a lot of information go to on... not.)

Now, do you GET IT?
If LM is having such technical issues that is can skew line - cts by 25%, they need to send Sm
[ In Reply To ..]
an email to all their MTs explaining why, all of a sudden, lines ct are showing a difference of 25% from what they were before.

Btw, I am not the OP. But I have been stolen from by an MTSO. So, it does happen and must be scary to be an MTSO that is seeing her placid herd of MTs, all of a sudden turn into bloodhounds, sniffing out any discrepancies in line cts.
But that's just it - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
You have ONE MT complaining about her lines. Yes, you have the usual suspects who come on here anytime LM is mentioned and b*tch and moan about how wronged they were so they left.

I've worked with LM for 3 years. I've NEVER EVER had a problem with:
a. Line counts. Any time I had a question, I went to K and asked and had the question answered.
b. Communication issues. See A. I normally get a response within 30 minutes of sending a question/comment.
c. I do my job. I show up EVERY DAY. I work my entire day. I am a professional and act like one.
d. Unless and until the OP PROVES they went to K and discussed the issue and were told to shove off, they lack credibility in my book. They are on here stirring the pot and trying to make it look like LM is in the business of cheating their MTs. I can tell you, they are not.

I see the forest. I also see the trees. I especially see the dog that likes to pee on the trees and see what they can kill.

You have credibility when you've behaved like a professional. PROVE to us that you are having a line count issue. PROVE to us you've tried to talk to management. PROVE to us you aren't just stirring the pot.

LM has many MTs. You'd think more than one person would be crying about being cheated, wouldn't you? (And now I fully expect lots of "new people" claiming they've been cheated just to give the OP credence which, IMO, they totally lack.)
You must not have read all posts. There is more than one - MT saying this is happening. SM
[ In Reply To ..]
You cannot go on what the MTSO says about your line ct. To get the true picture, you have to also check it some way that does is not dependant on MTSO, even if that means counting the characters yourself. And you have to know exactly how you are really getting paid. Not "the MTSO says I get paid for XXX." You have to know from an independant method that you are paid how you are told you are paid.

The OP does have the numbers to prove something fishy is going on. However, the cheerleaders seem to have a problem understanding the simple calculation the OP used to prove that.
LM MT - LM MT2
[ In Reply To ..]
Isn't it funny how my line counts are always what they should be? I have worked for LM for a good long time and my counts have always been absolutely correct each and every time. And the OP has yet to answer whether she has taken the supposed "problem" where it belongs--as a query to management. I am sure I am not the only person who thinks there is mischief afoot here on the part of the OP.
Your ct might be correct per LM platform. Have you been - comparing lc over time with SM
[ In Reply To ..]
another line count also. Have your counts always been close, until suddenly you have a 25% difference in those 2 cts? Sure you ct will be correct if you are just going by LM count. How would you know you are not being cheated if you are not checking and comparing also with a different line ct program.

Had I listened to AllType management and just beleived them when they said my line cts were correct, I never would have discovered they were stealing from their MTs.
Because you have to compare apples to apples. - An LM MT
[ In Reply To ..]
There is someone here who doesn't want to hear anything except that they're being screwed, so trying to actually explain the difference is probably falling on deaf ears, BUT here goes.

It's not LANDMARK doing anything. It is the difference between how MSWord (a Microsoft product) counts lines compared to a platform that utilizes a portion of MSWord. That platform is proprietary software provided by a company (ExText is a Nuance/Dictaphone product that utilizes a PORTION of MSWord, not all of it, as a part of its platform).

Here is an example: MSWord may count a tab as 5 spaces. But it's really only 1 keystroke/character because you only hit the tab once.

The platform counts it as 1 character/keystroke, which it is, but MSWord might count it as 5 spaces if that is how the MSWord program is set (i.e., in tabs setup it MSWord shows a tab as equal to 5 spaces or whatever).

Now, MSword showing 4 more characters than the platform isn't the company screwing you out of those 4 characters. It's MSWord ADDING untyped characters simply because of formatting (technical) differences.

That's just ONE example of why MSWord isn't always considered a reliable source for character counts. It may add internal formatting signals to character counts. That is why most MTs who do IC work utilize line counting software such as Abacus or MPCount.
You must just be posting this just to aggravate those who - doubt LM is honest. Hard to beleive
[ In Reply To ..]
some cannot see this is not about what line count is used. This is about the sudden 25% difference between 2 counting programs. Used to be close, suddenly 25% difference. If this is example of LM management smarts, no wonder ct dont add up.
I have - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
As a matter of course, for years I've audited line counts. LM has always been right on. Actually, LM's lines come out about 10 lines per report higher than Sylcount. NEVER less.

Because AllType lied to you doesn't mean LM is cheating their MTs.
The fact I was cheated says that it DOES happen and the - smart MT checks for herself. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Maybe you weren't "cheated" - Roberta
[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe you made the error in calculations. Just saying.
Oh, no. I was robbed. Ever hear of a multiplier? It is a number - less than 1 that your correct Sm
[ In Reply To ..]
line count is multiplied by. Say you have 100 lines. They apply a multiplier of .80 to that 100 lines. Leaves a balance of 80. And that would be my line count according to All Type. They were using MM platform. Very easy to see how lines were figured and very easy to see how we were being robbed from. Sadly, many MTSO have a platform that you cannot easily see what is going on. And that is no accident, the MTSO plans it that way.
I also check my line counts - Black Swan
[ In Reply To ..]
I have always checked my lines just as matter of course, no matter who I am working for. NEVER ONCE have I found that Landmark's line counts have been incorrect. They are always correct, each and every time.
Just how do you check them? - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Hmmm, no reply. Does LM say your lines are XX and you - check equals pay for XX? SM
[ In Reply To ..]
That is NOT checking your lines. That is drinking the KoolAid.
Maybe the person has a job to do?! sm - A LM MT
[ In Reply To ..]
Personally I copy/paste into a document then use line counting software (Abacus, specifically) to verify counts.

But that's just me.
Odd, yesterday LM posts were coming all day. Doesnt take - long to post,. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
LM MT - Black Swan
[ In Reply To ..]
I was away attending a funeral. I hope that is all right with the heckler(s). And yes, I agree with you that Abacus is one of the simplest ways to go to verify counts, IMHO. I am sure there are other equally simple (and accurate) ways out there, but I tend to stick with what works for me. I am sure each person has whatever method s/he has developed over their career. As to all of this back and forth (not with you---you are one of the few professionally-acting people on this thread--but with the would-be pot stirrers), I am going to be busy working. I really am tired of the unkindness that seems to prevail on this board. I'm done.
Seeing your check equals what LM says it should is NOT - checking your lines. You need SM
[ In Reply To ..]
to verify those lines by C&P a document into a W document and checking lines by an independant method. Even counting the characters yourself if you need to. Just becuase check equals what MTSO says it should means nothing, less than nothing. And if for some reason you cant verify lines independantly, you can be sure something is not right in Denmark, or PA as the case may be.
Geesh - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I, like Black Swan, also check my lines no matter who I work for. I've been in this game a really long time. LM's lines ALWAYS check out. I still hear ONE person saying they had a discrepancy. ONE.

Those of us who are busy DOING OUR JOB don't always have time to run back here and reiterate the same thing ad nauseum until it's heard.

We "cheerleaders" seem to be professional enough to verify our lines, show up and work on time every time, and if we have an issue, take it to management and not to MTStars where we can anonymously kick the stuffing out of a company w/o having to back it up with truth.
Geesh - Baxter
[ In Reply To ..]
I agree with you completely. I think many people "have the number" of people who have nothing better to do than cause trouble. If they don't have the integrity (or the common sense) to handle issues with management, people will see them for the troublemakers they are. Just a thought: Maybe if these people put the same effort into actually, you know, WORKING, as they do on falsely accusing good people, they would actually have something to show for it. Just a thought.

Similar Messages:

Line Count - Is MTStars Flash Count And/or Abacus Equivocal
Feb 27, 2010

I usually use the line count built into the Word program itself.  Is MTStars flash count and/or abacus equivocal ??  Any one program better than the other ??  TIA ...

Does Count Score Mean Line Count In Fluency?
Sep 20, 2013

x ...

Is There A Difference Between A Sylvan 65 Character Line And Using The Line Count In Word - Sm
Jun 15, 2012

to divide by 65 to get the number of lines??? Thanks. ...

VR Line Count - What Kind Of Line Production Should I Shoot For
Mar 24, 2011

I was just hired on with a company to do strictly VR. I am only going to be working part time so about 4 hours a day. I am wondering from those who do VR what kind of line production should I shoot for in 4 hours of work? What is the normal VR line count for part time? I have read that most who are working full time or 8 hours a day are doing more than 1,000, even 2,000 a day. The company I will be working for wants a minimum of 10,000 lines in a payperiod which the lady said even with part time ...

Line Count Software - Anyone Have MP Count?
Apr 01, 2010

Anyone have MP Count?  I used it a few years ago, but my computer crashed so I no longer have it.  I'm not sure if this IC job is gonna work out so I'm not wanting to buy a program at this point. Any advice? Thanks. ...

Character Count/line Count
Feb 23, 2011

Is this correct? I type 70,000 characters a day. I am paid by the 65 character line so I would divide 70,000 by 65 to get 1076, then multiple that by pay per line, say $.10 and get $107. If this is not correct then what is the formula? And what is the average number of lines per day? Thanks so much for the info. ...

How To Not Count Template In Line Count
Jun 25, 2012

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what is the easiest way to not count template lines when trying to invoice? I get a line count through Word, but I hear that Word counts blank spaces as well.  I downloaded and use Flash Count, but it includes all 65 character lines, I beleive including the template headings.  I hope this makes sense.  Please help!! ...

IT And Line Counts Vs Other Line Count Programs
Oct 24, 2011

I would like opinions about the IT (Instant Text) line count program? Do you find it user friendly? Are there other programs preferred/easier? Any suggestions or opinions? TIA. ...

Help - How To Get Line Count
Jan 07, 2010

Just did a job with a big standard.  I have the line count, but do not know how to tell if I'm being credited with the lines in the standard.  How can I calculate this?  Thanks. ...

NEW LINE COUNT
May 24, 2011

Hi.  Can anyone decipher what the memo means about the new line count?  How will our pay change, wait...never mind...I am sure it will go down.  Anyway, what does this new stuff mean? ...

Low Line Count
Jul 20, 2012

Has anyone else working in the North Region noticed that their line count has gone down since CCM made it so that only one job loads at a time? ...

Line Count...
Sep 19, 2012

I have been working for this company for about 18 month and so far so good. It was even bought out by a bigger company and everything stayed the same with no problems. They don't bother me, I do my work and everything is fine. About 6 months ago my line count started going way down and I really just chalked it up to not being able to concentrate as much because my baby started walking and basically making it impossible for me to work. For the past week my line count has about doubled. ...

No Line Count
Nov 13, 2012

Over an hour into my shift, I went to check my line count, so that I can keep track hourly.. well it has ZERO... nothing has taken effect yet??? is this normal. ...

Need Line Count Help
May 04, 2013

I have been told that I need to increase my LPH.  So last night I kept track of the lines of each document done by using MS Word.  But later when I compared it to Nuance's line tracker (ichart) it only listed half the lines that MS Word listed.  How can this be?  I realized that Word my count blank lines, but how can there possibly be that much difference?  I felt like I really kicked butt last night, but then to look at LPH with Nuance's ichart I felt cheated/ ...

Line Count Rip Off
Aug 10, 2013

Does anyone feel like they doing more jobs for less lines? ...

To RAD MTs, What Is Your Line Count Vs...
Sep 10, 2013

So far, I have calculated the "count score" on Fluency at the new rate of 0.08/.048 vs per report rate.  I 'lost' on average $165-175 per pay period over the past 3 months by the line count.  My report rates are currently 1.20/.072.  Anyone else?  Please share.  Also, the 'count score' is our line count, right?? ...

Anyone With AP Getting Their Line Count?
Nov 14, 2013

Anyone else struggling to get their lines in at AP after loosing a hospital recently?  Maybe I'm signing on at the wrong time of day but usually there are hardly any jobs for at least an hour after I start the day.  Hope I'm not alone or I am doing something very wrong. ...

Line Count Discrepancies
Oct 13, 2009

"So if the company wants to consistently give me a slightly higher line count than I am able to document at my end, I should have a problem with this... why??" Wow.  Crankybeach.  You are old enough that you should not need to ask that question.  Here are a few of the more publicized examples of "why": Exhibit A:  Enron.  Lots of people played along and look at the end result.Exhibit B:  Madoff.  Lots of people played along and look at the end result.Exhibit ...

My Line Count Has Tanked
Oct 21, 2009

I used to do 250-275 lph fairly easily. Lately, I am typing as fast and furious as ever and struggle to get above 200 lph. Not sure what is going on, but I'm pretty sure it ain't me. Also, when did they change the dictating system over to 2 cans and a piece of string?  I CANNOT hear this CRAP.  Even the American guys are starting to sound wind-tunnelish ...

Receiving Only A % Of Line Count??
Dec 04, 2009

Is it typical to only receive a percentage of your edited lines because "editing is faster and better" than straight transcription?  I am new to VR, but this seems odd to me. No wonder I am being paid a decent rate.  LOL  So, when I edit a 50-line report, I only receive 60% of that report.  I'm just curious if this across the board with all companies?? ...

ASR Average Line Count
Jan 26, 2010

I'm just starting ASR and was wondering if some of you could give me an average line count on ASR.  Thanks.  ...

Need Some Help With Math Regarding Line Count
Mar 18, 2010

What in the heck does .05 for every 43 black characters equal out to. It doesn't sound good but I'm no math whiz. Maybe, I'm missing something and who pays like that. What happened to X-amount of cpl based on a 65-character line..or even a gross line. I suspect it's a sneaky way to screw you but I could be wrong. ...

Ok-has Anyone Else Noticed Their Line Count
Apr 25, 2010

I was checking my line count, went back and checked it later, and it was down!  Not the first time I have seen this.  Seriously, I am feeling like we are being set up to fail in a MAJOR way!  Issues with the line count, QA getting tougher, it is all adding up to on big set up-at least, that is the way it has been feeling to me lately.  It is hard to stay focused when you feel like your work may disappear at any moment, or get in trouble with QA because of horrendous dictation ...

Average Line Count Is Per Day?
Apr 28, 2010

Can anyone tell me what their average line count is per day? (just the total not separated between work type).  Im not trying to be nosey and I don't know who any of you are personally, I'm just trying to get an idea where I stand compared to everyone else here.  I have been at Medquist for many years and seen many changes.  Over the years, my line count has gone up and my pay has gone down.  I am trying to determine if the reason is mostly me or mostly medquist changes and if th ...

Line Count Messed Up
May 24, 2010

Why is 5/24/2010 showing up twice on my monthly totals and when I run detail on this it is showing less jobs?  Called tech support and they dont know.  I'm sure I'm going to get ripped off of lines.  I did take a picture of my computer screen showing this error so if my paycheck is wrong I have evidence.  Is this happening to anyone else? ...

Transcend Line Count
Jul 22, 2010

Has anyone noticed anything fishy about their line count? Mine do not seem to be adding up. ...

Line Count On Paycheck
Jan 03, 2011

I am new to MedQuist.  Can anyone tell me if you are supposed to see your line count on your paycheck stub?  I don't see mine and that seems odd to me. ...

VR Line Count - Is This Good? Please Help!
Jan 06, 2011

Below is a response when asked to clarify compensation from a prospective employer.   As an "old school" MT, I am unsure as to how to interpret this.  I've always been paid by th hour. I need to make a decision.  Thanks in advance - .09 to .o93 cpl per line for traditional typing and editing lines being 1.5 lines = 1 traditional line.  The range depends upon your quarterly quality score.  So many years experience should be way up there in quality, huge benefi ...

What, No Line Count On The Pay Stubs??
Jan 14, 2011

I really don't want to back calculate to check my line count. Again, no FTR. ...

No Required Line Count
Mar 11, 2011

I would like to know if there are any companies out there that do not require a line count per day or week.   I have been away from transcription for a long time, almost five years,  and I don't know if I could handle having to worry about that.  I looked in the Archives, but the info in there is too overwhelming and confusing.    Any suggestions?  Thank you.  ...