A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

How do you train if you are already FT on another job? - newbie

Posted: Sep 07, 2011

If you are FT days and want to get a part time job that requires a day or 2 of training, how the heck do you do it?  Do some companies have trainers that work evening and/or week hours to help schedule these people in or do you have to take time off from FT job to train?

by being creative - mt3

[ In Reply To ..]
You might have to work both jobs as simultaneously as you can. Or tell your full time job you need a longer lunch break for a couple of days.

Take a couple of sick days or PTO if you have it - No biggie

[ In Reply To ..]
I just got done doing exactly that, took 2 weeks vacation to train and "try on" the new job to make sure it was a good fit. Best decision I ever made. I was able to give my notice and was already trained and off and running the first full day on the new job. Since this job will just be part-time for you, take however many days are necessary off ("sick" or PTO), or, better yet, if you can't afford to do that, just ask to split your shift for a few days around the training hours at the new company.

Best of luck to you and congrats on the new job!

Similar Messages:

Is It Really Possible To Self-train?
Dec 26, 2010

I have been an MT for over 20 years, but during that time I've also done both inpatient and physician office coding, and also managed a physician's office for a number of years.  Is it possible, by purchasing the right materials, to hone my skills sufficiently to pass one of the certification exams?  ...

Any Companies That Actually Train You In VR?
Jun 14, 2010

Are they any companies that give you *good* training in voice recognition, and not just expects you to know how to do it. Say a full day or several days of good, thoroguh training. ...

Companies Who Train MTs
Feb 27, 2014

I have been an MT for almost 18 years and know some of the older companies used to train people in transcription then keep them on after they'd completed the course.  Does anyone know if there is a company that still does this and who my friend can contact? ...

RE-TRAIN ACUTE CARE
May 10, 2013

I have been a transcriptionist for the past 22 years.  I have worked in hospitals and clinics as well as an IC.  Early in my career, I transcribed acute care, autopsy, pathology and radiology reports.   For the past 15 years I have concentrated on transcribing radiology reports which has been profitable for me since I did not mind typing difficult dictators and ESL physicians.   Currently, am fortunate to be working as a full-time employee and have my hourly rate.&n ...

Patient Has Train Morse. ASR Apparently Thinks
Aug 26, 2010

Silent Type - Having To Pay Up Front To Train In Jersey!
Jul 08, 2011

Thanks for letting me know about having to pay up front to train in Jersey! I wouldn't even do that if we had the money when you don't know how awful of an account you may get or horrible platform. I was just getting ready to test. Thanks for the info! ...

President Of AHDI Advises Us To Train As Coders Or In EHR.
Mar 20, 2012

The latest issue of Plexus (MT industry journal) makes reference to the fact that the president of AHDI told a group of MTs to start training either as coders or in some EHR capacity.  Her point is having a broad base is our best bet at keeping/getting a good job in rapidly changing HIM these days. ...