A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

FN threats - TiredMT

Posted: Jan 22, 2015

Once again, we get another e-mail notice that if we make a mistake of any sort we will not be paid for an entire report. 

I totally understand the need for accuracy, but this company does not do  a true QA review of each MTs/MEs reports.  They do not pull X amount of reports per a specified time frame and perform a QA audit.  One has no idea how they would rate you on a proper QA score. 

They do have have a rating per pay period for work that includes what must be sent to the QA department for various account specifications due to problems with a report.  This could be missing demographic information, problems that the dictator created, things that are totally beyond an MT/MEs control.  This "score" could eliminate your production bonus, although it is by no means whatsoever a QA assessment of any kind. 

The notices that we will not be paid for a report for an error are frequent.  So help me, the day I do not get paid for an entire report for one mistake will be my last day. 

Of note, there is no graded increase in pay for the most difficult work types or dictators. 

Also, the person who sends out these e-mails has absolutely no clue how to perform our job.  Contrary to what she says, she does not have experience as an MT/ME. 

Can they legally do that? - I would be so gone

[ In Reply To ..]
if they didn't pay me for my work. Can you keep a log of your lines not paid and talk to the Labor Board?

FN threats - sara

[ In Reply To ..]
I just read an article the other day on your rights in the workplace, and withholding pay was something legally they cannot do: Read this article:

http://money.usnews.com/money/blogs/outside-voices-careers/2012/10/29/8-workplace-rights-your-employer-might-not-tell-you-about

Threats - TiredMT

[ In Reply To ..]
FutureNet obviously thinks they have the right to not pay for work performed, as this is an ongoing subject in their e-mails. I have no idea if they have ever actually instituted such a threat or not.

As I mentioned, it would occur just once to me and I would be out the door. I do have a lawyer, but not sure it would be worth the cost to use him for this. I would certainly consider other avenues of reporting this company's conduct.

This company, amongst many, treats its ICs in a manner more suggestive of employees. These companies are walking a very fine line.

I'm pretty sure that if you're there, and you do - the work, even if it is wrong, - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
they are still legally required to pay you for doing it. If it really IS wrong (which I rather doubt), then they have the option of firing you, "training" you better, or living with it.

If they could get out of paying whenever they claimed something was wrong, what would stop them from claiming it was ALL wrong?

At the very least, I would want documentation of everything they docked me for.

sounds like - elizabe555

[ In Reply To ..]
sounds like you work for inscribe - I worked for them for a short period but stopped because of that type of nonsense!

not Inscribe -- the company is FutureNet - TiredMT

[ In Reply To ..]
But I'm sure there are plenty more companies trying to get out of paying for work or OT or if employee status then benefits. They all seem to look for ways to cheat their workers. It's shameful.

Worked at FN a while ago - Go Girl

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked for FN many years ago. I got fed up and quit and the manager sent me an email asking me why I quit. I told her I was tired of all the nonsense and they then locked me out of the software. These people are not nice people to work with.
When I quit a company - anon3
[ In Reply To ..]
I would tell them they have already heard all my reasons previously, why should I repeat myself again?

I think everyone should be prepared to be locked out immediately because a company is concerned you will start sabotaging the work or something, as if all of a sudden an MT would have no morals. I always make sure I stop working at the end of a pay period, then lay low until I get my last paycheck. Most companies are decent and pay that last check, but I know people who had the fight for that last check or never received it.
Did they have a requirement for __%? - Rachel
[ In Reply To ..]
I would hold on to anything from them that requires a certain percentage of accuracy. Save all communication about not being paid for work if there is one error. Then go to the labor commission. I sued when I lived in CA and won a days pay for every single day my last check was late. They were required to issue a final check within something like 72 hours of termination. Added up to thousands.
Right, Rachel - I would save everything
[ In Reply To ..]
every e-mail, every threat.

Furure Net in Diamond Bar - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
They (or rather the one that calls herself a supervisor) has sent out nastygrams for years. Last year when FN tried to implement an MModal program they bit off more than they could chew and lost many MTs. So they reverted back to their old program, got some people back, only to stab those MTs in the back when they returned with the new and improved MModal which was not new and improved at all, just gave it a different name. Do NOT trust them, they (the management) will stab you in the back every time.

anon speaks the truth - anon2

[ In Reply To ..]
All that matters is that the reports get done within the TAT. The MTs/MEs are not important at this company at all.

The company is all about technology, but for some reason chooses to use a modified M-Modal platform that just totally rots.

Similar Messages:

Threats And The HDSM
May 08, 2014

Is anyone else as tired as I am of the HDSM who can never send out an e-mail that isn't ending in some sort of threat?  They can never come out and tell you the truth about anything (losing clients for example), but they sure can sling the threats.  I am so over it. ...

Daily Termination Threats
Nov 15, 2012

Another perk of working for MModal, daily email threats of termination.  Wonderful for morale. ...

I Am Just So Bleeping Sick And Tired Of The Threats
Jul 21, 2014

from this "awesome" company!!  Sorry, but yes I am bitter.  Everything about MT that I used to love....gone.  I have to find something else. ...

Yippee! More Threats Of Overstaffing From The Queen Of Nasty At OTI. Nm
Feb 24, 2013

x.x..x. ...

Anyone Experiencing HIPAA Violation Threats Of Fines/termination?
Nov 11, 2009

Anyone experiencing HIPAA violation threats of fines/termination? ...

SHAME, SHAME..the Month To Date Quality Metrics Tanked And More Threats. Think We
Apr 07, 2015

might just be a little tired after all of this crazy MOT!?!? ...