A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Bayscribe program and Landmark - nervousmt

Posted: Nov 20, 2009

Okay out there, give me some idea about how good this platform and or company are and do not tell me to check the archives, etc.  Can't we all just get along and help each other out?  TIA for input

The Bayscribe platform is going to VR - see message

[ In Reply To ..]
I posted this somewhere in answer to someone else's question, but I have no idea where, so here it is again.

The Bayscribe platform is switching over to voice recognition. Not all companies or all accounts have made the switch yet, but it's definitely coming. So, one of the things that you might need to consider is whether you want to remain an MT who does straight transcription or become an editor who edits VR files instead of transcribes.

As far as the Bayscribe platform itself, I work on it and I like it. But I'm still only doing straight transcription because my account hasn't switched over to VR yet. So, I have no idea how good or bad the VR part of it is yet.

For regular transcription, Bayscribe is very straightforward and almost like typing in Word. One of the big pluses is that all the patient demographic information that has to be entered is all on the same page that you transcribe the report on, so no there's no switching between screens.

Bayscribe is also compatible with most of the different expanders, so you can use your own expander or you can use the expander that comes within the Bayscribe program.

Overall, I like working in Bayscribe, but I'm definitely not looking forward to the day when I get switched over to the VR part of it.

Bayscribe and VR - MDI-MT

[ In Reply To ..]
MDI uses Bayscribe and to my knowledge very few accounts are VR. I have been on Bayscribe for 4 years and all 3 of my accounts are still on straight dictation. I had not heard about this until I read your post. I will have to check this out with my manager, because nothing as been said about this.

It probably depends on the company - see message

[ In Reply To ..]
Bayscribe is going to be both. You can still do just regular transcription in Bayscribe, but companies also have the option of switching their accounts over to VR instead.

So, maybe all companies will not switch to VR on Bayscribe, but I know for a fact that my company and the account that I am on is going to be switched over to VR.

And with all of these companies so gung ho on VR these days, I don't see why any reason why any of them would not want to switch to VR. They get the best of both worlds. They still get the work done, but they don't have to pay their MTs as much to do it. Good for the company's bottom line, but not so good for the MT's bottom line.
Do you work for LM? - VRMT
[ In Reply To ..]
Are all their Bayscribe accounts going over to VR?
Yes, and No. - Happy MT Robin
[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, I work for Landmark and No, all of their Bayscribe accounts are not going to VR. In fact, I Googled Bayscribe and VR the other day after another poster said something about this. I found an article about the founder of Bayscribe who has developed software to allow doctors to dictate from their Blackberries, rather than having dedicated hand held devices. Interestingly, he specifically said that at least in the next 3 to 5 years that VR was NOT going to be the be all and end all for medical records, in his opinion.

I think the other poster's individual account is going to VR. Bayscribe is just a platform that facilities purchase. Going to VR has a lot to do with the platform, but it also has a lot to do with the particular account. If the account wants it, then you get it. If it doesn't want it, then you don't get it.

Nervous MT - BlackSwan

[ In Reply To ..]
Please don't be nervous! Bayscribe is very user-friendly. You can learn it in about 15 minutes. Of all the platforms I have used, I like Bayscribe the best. It is very user-friendly and I can really make good lines with it. Landmark is a great company. I have worked for many companies (have been an MT for decades) and I honestly like this one the best because they have high standards, are fair, and treat their employees well. I know that starting any new job can be tension-producing; it is only natural. I just want to assure you that Landmark has been good to me. The QA person is probably the kindest person I have ever met. LM treats its MTs like adults. I like that they leave me alone to get my work done. If I need help, they are there, of course, but they do not flood your e-mail with nonsensical memoranda every two minutes, as has happened with other companies I have worked for. Just relax, take a deep breath, and go for it! I think you will be happy you did. Good luck to you.

Awful, awful, awful platform. Very cumbersome. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Disagree, disagree, disagree! - MTwholovesbayscribe

[ In Reply To ..]
I cannot believe anyone thinks Bayscribe is cumbersome. It is the best platform I have ever used. The expander is great. You can build macros in minutes. You can store templates that are miles long. No tedious log-in issues. Can change your font and font size to suit your comfortable vision needs. You can check your line count information including time dictated, time typed, lines per report, and the doctor who dictated it in seconds and go back an entire year if you need to. Very, very nice platform!!

Bayscribe the best - DMZ

[ In Reply To ..]
Once you use Bayscribe, nothing will equal it in comparison - I easily do 300+ lines an hour utilizing Bayscribe.

yes, and also can retrieve lost dictation immediately!! - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Landmark/Bayscribe
Nov 12, 2009

Been with LM for quite a while.  Work used to be plentiful but now has been drying up over the past month.  Anyone else on their Bayscribe platform having the same problem? Notice that they are doing SR and wondering if some of account is being sent in that direction?? Please feel free to send private e-mail.  ...

Landmark Bayscribe
Jan 27, 2011

Quick question with Bayscribe. On the manager's end, can routing jobs be set up for each individual MT without our knowledge?  TIA ...

Landmark/Bayscribe Waiting List
Jun 27, 2013

Just curious if any of you who were placed on the waiting list because of the Bayscribe account that was pulled a couple months ago have actually gotten back to Bayscribe yet? I kept asking and asking and was told to be patient, IT was working on it. First K said it would be just a few weeks, but then as time keeps going by..... I was working on the EditScript account she had, but got discouraged because it was about 95% ESL and I just couldn't make any headway with it. ...

Landmark Is Hiring For A Bayscribe Oncology Account
May 16, 2013

Landmark is hiring for a Bayscribe Oncology account.  Just a heads up, I currently work on a Bayscribe oncology account for them and I NEVER EVER have work!  I made $237.00 for the last 2-week paycheck.  I don't know if it is the same account they are hiring for, but even if it isn't, I have asked and asked for a new account, getting no response.  Just a warning, don't quit your day job! ...

Any Thought On Bayscribe/RecordsOne's Other Partners - Landmark Is One.
Sep 10, 2014

Looking at their home page, they seem to be promoting VR as well.  My memory is that Landmark has a (relatively) good reputation. I don't particularly recognize their other transcription partner, DB Transcription.  They also have a coding partner.  http://www.recordsone.com/partners/ Thoughts anyone? (I only got around to checking it out last night).   ...

Landmark Insurance - Does Landmark Offer To Full Time Employees?
Jan 24, 2012

What kind, if any, insurance does Landmark offer to full time employees? Medical, life, dental, etc Need medical and dental and thinking about taking a job here. ...

Is The CareerStep Medical Coding Program A Good Program?
Nov 22, 2010

TIA ...

Bayscribe?
Nov 28, 2011

Wondering which companies use Bayscribe? I worked on Bayscribe for a short while and loved it! Would like to work on another Bayscribe account and want to know where to look.  ...

Bayscribe Help Please
May 06, 2014

I updated to IE10 from IE9 and now the QA marker won't work.  Anybody know what to do to get it to work?  Anybody working on Bayscribe in IE10?  I key in Alt-Q and the marker comes up, but when I press enter or okay with the mouse, the box goes away and no marker in the text.  I can go in an uninstall the update if need be, but I was hoping this would work.  TIA. ...

Bayscribe MTs
Dec 19, 2014

No 12% pay cut after all and more info for people who were not audited at all the first week of this plan.  ...

New To Bayscribe
Jun 12, 2015

Hi, I am very new to Bayscribe and I was just informed that when I am in ADT that I need to type A to pull all info on patient ..  Am I just not seeing it right?  Where to I do this... I am getting not response from QA .. Just was told that when I am in ADT to type A. I guess I need a step by step how to on this ...

Bayscribe/shorthand
Oct 13, 2009

How do I transfer my Shorthand to Bayscribe word expander. ...

Bayscribe Audio
Feb 23, 2010

Problem with audio downloading on Bayscribe.  Rebooted x20, replugged foot pedal, etc. Don't know what else to do.  Help anyone. ...

What Is The Url Address For Bayscribe? Nm
Sep 28, 2010

Bayscribe ASR - Your Thoughts Please
Jan 26, 2011

What are your feelings about Bayscribe's automated speech recognition program? We have been using it now for 2 or 3 months..personally I think it sucks ... ...

Bayscribe Is Easy To Use?
Feb 17, 2011

I just found out that the company I work for is going to start using Bayscribe next week. I never heard of it untill now.  I currently use Word with my own word expander. Does any one know if it is productive and easy to use? ...

Bayscribe - How Would You Rate It?
Aug 29, 2011

Any information you can shed on this would be helpful - never used it before.  How would you rate it? ...

Any BayScribe Users Out There?
Sep 04, 2011

I started with a company using BayScribe.  I have a rather unusual problem.  The BayScribe expander will not function in the document.  I can bring it up via Control F3 and can add entries, but they will not expand.  When my machine is entered remotely, that user IS able to expand, but within the same session, I still cannot expand.  I have uninstall, reinstalled, Norton off, IE setting fine.  Toggling on and off makes no difference.  I have been troubleshootin ...

Bayscribe And Voice Bar
Oct 01, 2011

Im new on Bayscribe and this accounts have a  lot of ESLs.   There are lots of times I need to go to the very beginning of a report to proof it   Is there a keyboard command I can use instead of having to wait for it to rewind or using the mouse.  Its driving me crazy.... ...

Bayscribe And Windows 7
Nov 15, 2011

Is Bayscribe platform compatible with Windows 7?  Thanks very much!!! ...

IE Closes Bayscribe
Dec 02, 2011

Bayscribe shuts down a couple times a day and I have been getting this message ~ "Malfunction or malicious ad-on caused Internet Explorer to close web page."  I'm not sure why this is happening, but I'm thinking it could be a certain key combination that is causing it.  Any help on this???  Thanks!!! ...

Bayscribe Companies
Jan 11, 2012

Has anyone used both ExText and Bayscribe?  Which do you like better?  I'm thinking of going to a company using Bayscribe but I'm currrently on ExText.  My nerves are beginning to go into high gear.  I hate learning a new platform! TIA ...

Benefits Of Bayscribe?
Jan 28, 2012

The company I work for is switching to Bayscribe.  I have heard people say it is easier to get more LPHs with this platform, and I really need the help with my line count. Can anyone tell me what makes it easier to get more lines with it?  I am so hoping it makes a difference for me.  ...

Bayscribe New User
Apr 19, 2012

I'm a new user of Bayscribe. Sometimes when I want to scoll up and down in the document with the arrow keys it freezes up and I have to use the mouse to move the cursor up. Anyone know why this happens or how to fix it? Thanks! ...

Bayscribe Experts, Need Help Please
May 18, 2012

Hello all...I'm back on the Bayscribe platform with a new account and haven't used it in ages. My question is, I know there is a Bayscribe page that lists all of the commands, such as accessing the word expander, but I can't seem to locate it. Does anyone have a link to this page so I can copy down the commands? TIA for anyone who can help!!! ...

Bayscribe/Transcend
May 25, 2012

I was just wondering since Bayscribe is a typing platform how good the platform is and are the accounts really horrible?  TIA ...

Bayscribe With Shorthand?
Jun 11, 2012

I know Bayscribe has its own expander, but is there a way to disable that and use Shorthand instead?  ...

Bayscribe So Much Better Than BeyondText
Jun 21, 2012

There are not as many bells and whistles, but so much easier to use, with basically one screen you are on rather than jumping all over to 10 other screens before doing the report.  Wish we could stay here forever.  ...

Bayscribe Users
Jun 23, 2012

Having been away from Bayscribe for awhile, I cannot remember the keystroke(s), but can you tell me how, after you highlight a word or phrase, that you can change the case, ie, from lower, to upper, to mixed?  Thanks. ...

What About Bayscribe Platform?
Jul 23, 2012

I know that Oracle uses Bayscribe platform.  Can anyone tell me if this is a good platform.  Is it easy to make lines on?  How would you compare it to Edit-Script or DocuScribe platforms.  I found DocuScribe to be a good platform and user-friendly.    ...