A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

AssistMed lead positions - tj

Posted: Apr 28, 2012

Hi fellow MTs.

Does anyone know anything about AssistMed based out of California or has anyone worked for them?

I am curious about their transcriptionists and also lead transcriptionist position.  If anybody has an experience with this company, I would appreciate any info.  Thanks.

tj

ummm, wouldn't advise - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
if you like having to work on several accounts at the same time, battling 15 other MTs who cherry pick the good reports, never making your line requirements and getting nasty emails when you don't, having games played with you, like withholding work particularly at the end of a pay period, having to submit a schedule and work it even when you are IC, never getting a pay increase, ever, inconsistent to nonexistent QA, well, then this is the place for you! only good thing I can say about them is that their pay is on time, no matter how small the check is. don't count on more than 400 per pay period, because they just will not allow you to make more. if you do, they add another person to the account. cherry picking is allowed and rampant, and I suspect the A/C manager does all the good ones to her benefit and not yours. good luck!

Thanks for info - tj

[ In Reply To ..]
I appreciate the info. Wow, from an MT standpoint that does not sound very good. I've been an MT for over 30 years. Looking at a lead position. It sounds like there needs to be some better handling of the work by management. That is not fair for MTs to pick through the work at all.

I've been an independent now for 5 years and getting hit hard being self-employed, so that is why I am pursuing a company. I am hoping they have decent health insurance as well.

Thanks again and appreciate it...

t

info - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
In regards to the cherry picking, maybe some of the newer people they have hired do not know how to "use the system," but there are others that do. Even though only one job at a time comes up in your queue, where you think that no one else can "pick" the work, there is an area where you can visualize all of the jobs in that queue. Since they encourage multiple accounts, they also have a system where you can "toggle back and forth" between all of your accounts, actually see what is coming up, and if there is something in one of the accounts you like, but don't want to do all the stuff in between, you just keep doing your other accounts, and once that nice job comes up, you just toggle back over to that account and snag the next job in line. so there are MTs with say five different accounts, jumping back and forth between all of them, vying to get all the good jobs. Most of the MTs like the longer jobs, as they seem to get more lines, as opposed to the 30 second jobs where entering demographics takes longer than the actual report itself, so when they see a longer report coming up, they just keep doing their other accounts, and then jump on the account with the long report, and hope to get it. since there are at least five MTs with the same thought as yours, you have to be quick. I used to sit back and laugh while watching 5 MTs all trying to jump on at the same time and snag the longer jobs. I could almost place bets on who would end up with it. It's like hanging fish bait in front of a bunch of pirhannas. Mgt knows all about this practice and when questioned about it, I was told "I don't see a problem with it." They care not about "fairness," only with getting the work done within TAT. TAT used to be 24 hours, but now it is like 4 hours, and they want it all done, the queue to be empty, and 5 MTs sitting there wondering what's next. It is a game for sure, and one that I grew tired of over the length of time I was there.
to anon- do you work with them now, I do - ncmt
[ In Reply To ..]
and wondering, can the cherry picking be done thru Duet? I know on DocShuttle it was done, cause I also saw it happening and it made me mad because I could not get my lines and still do not. They encourage you to try real hard but do not seem to really care, they say we hurt ourselves by not making the lines, which is true. I know they favor MTs and I know some have accounts with same dictators and some like me are stuck on acute care with 100 or more and I never get the same one more than twice a shift. Text expander is essentially useless to me because the dictation is never the same. But, on the other hand if you can cherrypick thru Duet, hey... I am all for it. I was told you could not do it thru Duet.
to ncmt - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
no, I no longer work for them. Yes, Duet can be used to cherry pick. you just have to know how. not hard to figure out. of course they are going to tell you that you can't, because "technically" you only get one job at a time and it's the next one in line, but if you can see all the jobs that are in the queue and coming up, you just wait for the ones that you want to be next in line, and you log in or toggle over and snag it. other MTs can see all the jobs as much as you can though and they all sit and wait for the good ones too, so it is still whoever is fastest.
How does anyone make productivity doing that? - the time you spend waiting and
[ In Reply To ..]
watching could have done about 2 or 3 reports by then.

What gets me the most is the fact that they dont want you making too much money..who do they think is able to live off $400 every two weeks?
more info - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
they don't necessarily sit there and wait. most MTs have more than one account and the way the system is set up, they can work on one account and see what is coming up in their other accounts. so if they are waiting for a large one in one account, they are working on other dictations in their other accounts. Before the system had the ability to toggle between all accounts, there were some MTs who actually had two computers set up, each one logged into a different account, and would jump back and forth between the two or three, and would work on one while waiting for a good one from the other. whichever had the bigger jobs or better dictators. kind of ingenious if you think about it, but cherry pickin none the less. they don't care if you are able to live off of whatever they allow you to earn. it's not their problem. just do the work and keep your mouth shut. don't make waves.
Doesn't sound like a good place to work. - Thanks for all the info.
[ In Reply To ..]
sounds like a mess of a company.
Not for me anyway.... - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
They had hired an account manager from the "Q", MedQuist, or as now known as M*Modal. It took a turn for the worse after that. It seems she brought with her a number of the Q's policies and procedures. the company embraced those policies and procedures as their own, and it has been downhill ever since...at least for the MTs. It was "tolerable" up until that point.
to anon- looking for another company to - ncmt
[ In Reply To ..]
work for anyway. I am not making any money there and feel that I do much better somewhere else. Your post about the cherry picking going on just ocnfirmed what I though all along. I don't have the time or patience to watch the que, so I just type whatever comes up. Just waiting for the right offer and I am gone too.
good luck to you then! - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
there are not too many really good ones out there any more. I wish you the best! :-)

Similar Messages:

EKG Lead 3 Or III?
Apr 05, 2012

Just wondering if the lead numbers for an EKG should be numeric or roman numerals?  Thanks! ...

Does Lead Eye Sound Right?
Mar 08, 2010

At the same time, he has significant nystagmus of the lead eye and looking both to the left and right ...

Finally! I Have A Lead On A Non MT Job
Jun 22, 2012

I'm beyond thrilled!  I have a good lead on a non-MT job.  I have been promised multiple things and they have never happened.  No raise in many years.  Someone tell me again, what are the benefits of being an IC when you have to do the work of so many other people PLUS transcribe?  It's ridiculous.  Years ago, when I didn't have to do the work of others plus mine, I made SO much more money.  ...

QA Lead Ignore IM?
Jul 13, 2012

I had an ignore to my IM request by a QA lead team member. ?? Why would someone do that? Shouldn't I be able to communicate with this person?  I'm confused. ...

Region Team Lead
Nov 07, 2009

Just read the MQ Central news about the pilot program for a new position called Region Team Lead (RTL). I'm already confused enough, I don't need a new acronym.  They said the CTL would now be doing 100% QA and transcription. It didn't really specify who will be doing PTO requests, etc. (unless I overlooked it) I'm glad I already requested Christmas off and it was granted! Thanks CTL! I'll miss you! ...

St. Jude Pacemaker Lead
Dec 29, 2011

An S8 lead was introduced in the lateral fluoroscopic view, and AP view was used to drive it to the mid T6 level.  The lead was in the midline and then an s/l Octrad lead was placed just left to that one described above.   ...

Ive Asked My QA Lead And My CCM With No Answer
Feb 19, 2012

Can anyone tell me where I send the constant errors on the same exact thing from ASR to so that they can fix it??? Please ...

Job Lead -- Quest Diagnostics
Aug 14, 2014

There is a job on craigslist in my city for an MT job paying $17 an hour, part-time, Monday through Friday. Perhaps there is a Quest in your city or another lab that has an MT position. Just a small lead, but I thought I would share. ...

Don't You Just Hate It When Your Team Lead Ignores...
May 06, 2010

your emails?  I have sent a few emails regarding a few things and it seems she just ignores them or doesn't take the time to answer.  ...

Concerning Placement Of A Stage 2 InterStim Lead..
Apr 26, 2011

A needle was passed into the S3-4 foramen.  Testing showed a a good s/l *bell-low*...  Patient has urinary incontinence, urgency and frequency, it that helps any.  thanks!     ...

Who Has Made The Move From MT To Transcription Lead?
Sep 12, 2012

I have worked exclusively from a home office for 8 years as an MT. I've worked with many different platforms, straight transcription, editing, VR, training new MTs in on accounts, etc. A hospital in our area has a listing posted for Transcription Lead (in house). Who has made the change from MT to Lead and is willing to share about the transition? ...

Need An IC Job. Anyone With A Heart Willing To Give Me A Lead, Please Reply. Thank You. Nm
May 28, 2015

x ...

I Totally Just Emailed My Team Lead And Put In My Notice...
Feb 28, 2011

it's just not working out for me there.  I would rather have an IC position.  I have an interview with another company.  If I get it good, if not I will go substitute teach at the school...would prob make more money.  This fall I will be going back to college to get a BS in biology.  I will be out of this disappointing career as soon as I can.  What a waste of 2 years of my time to study medical transcription and the last 4 years trying to make money doing it. ...

Oh, I Wish I Were A Transcend Team Lead So I Could Cherry Pick
May 15, 2011

my work and then I would have no problems getting my lines every pay period.  What pieces of trash did they select to put in quasi-management positions? ...

AssistMed, Anyone?
Jun 24, 2010

Have an offer to consider but while waiting for details thought I'd see if anyone is familiar with them.  TIA for any info! ...

AssistMed Job??
Aug 27, 2014

Can someone comment on MT work with AssistMed? I'm thinking about accepting a job with them but I don't know much about them other than 7 cpl... ...

Anybody Know About AssistMed?
Sep 07, 2014

Hey, Anybody know about AssistMed? I can never seem to make over 3$ an hour and 8 hours of work usually earns me about 31$. Not sure what is going on here......... ...

Regional Team Lead = Work Flow Coordinator??
Nov 24, 2009

Does anybody else get this impression?  Or am I misunderstanding what this position is all about?  All I know is, I have a weird sense of deja vu about it, like I've heard about this job before but with a different title. ...

How Do You Deal With A Very Rude Team Lead? I Work For Transcend And
Oct 08, 2011

have never been treated so badly at any company.  My team lead sends out the nastiest e-mails I have ever received in my life.  When I talked to my ROM (who is no longer there), she said I just needed to realize that this person had a very strong military background and that is "just how she is".  I have been around a lot of military and most of them were taught to be tactful and at least half way nice.  You never know what is going to set this one off or how she will react t ...

Curious What The Salary Range Is For Team Lead Position...sm
Dec 16, 2011

Just curious what the MTSOs pay (range) for a team lead position these days with all that is going on with MT pay.  Is it worth it? ...

New Info On AssistMed?
Nov 02, 2009

The posts I have read are old.  ...

AssistMed - Does Anybody Know About This Company
Nov 04, 2009

Does anybody know about this company.  I saw their ad but wanted more info before submitting resume.  I can't find much searching the archives.  Thanks ...

AssistMed Job. How Can They Advertise For An
Nov 05, 2009

independent contractor, yet in the requirements state: An excellent work-at-home discipline with a commitment to work an 8-hour shift on scheduled days.  ?? ...

Does Anyone Work For Assistmed?
Sep 01, 2010

Does anyone work for Assistmed? Do you know what the advanced testing is like? Is this a good company to work for? Any info would be helpful. Thanks. ...

Assistmed Question
Nov 13, 2010

Anyone know if Assistmed offers VR or straight transcription or a combo of both? ...

After Reading The Ad From AssistMed, I Am
Apr 21, 2012

what they offer in terms of compensation with all the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for the QA/MT positions.  When you read it, it sounds like the person/persons they are looking for would bring a lot of experience and talent to their company.  I wonder if the pay rate would come close to minimum wage considering all the variables involved, as we all know.  Anyone work there as an editor/MT?  I would love to know.  ...

Be Wary Of AssistMed Ad
May 19, 2012

Whatever you do, be careful if you apply here.  One or 2 supervisors have gone to foreign lands.  They lie to employees.  My supervisor got fired and then those of us who liked him got fired too.  Very, very shady employer.  And, you'll be up all night working if you ever volunteer to help more than scheduled. ...

Info On AssistMed
Jul 25, 2012

Does anyone have any current information on AssistMed, the good, bad and ugly, why you quit or are still working there, etc. ...

Assistmed Any Information Anyone
Apr 17, 2014

I tried doing a search on the company board for this company, but the search seems to be not working I could not enter anything. Any information anyone has on this company would be greatly appreciated. ...

Assistmed Is Advertising Again
Aug 05, 2014

Assistmed is advertising again.  I quit because in the four months I worked for them (8 paychecks), four times they were late by as much as a week or "forgot" to pay me.  Just an FYI. ...