Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

When I was researching background material for my post... - Jay

Posted: Jan 10th, 2017 - 8:11 pm In Reply to: Wahlscribe blog post - bette

...I found several different surveys that showed that the #1 thing employees wanted from their employers--even more than higher pay--was to feel like they were appreciated and respected. Certainly compensation plays into that, and you won't get any argument from me that MT compensation is too low. As an executive manager in a relatively new and tiny MT service, I cannot control what our clients are willing to pay and what we can consequently afford to pay our MTs. What I CAN control is how our employees are treated. That is the point of my blog post--MTs should be treated with dignity and respect, and it is the responsibility of company owners, executives, and managers to create that kind of culture within their organization.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)