Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Perfectly said, and... - batterup

Posted: Feb 3rd, 2016 - 12:33 am In Reply to: admit I'm a periodic complainer here but - OneOfThem

I thought your post was very well stated, OneofThem. I think the less than courteous behavior goes both ways.

I don't engage in a lot of discussion on here, but there were a lot of things said, in very hurtful and nasty ways, that have just really offended me. I wish people would realize it's fairly obvious these people may have different jobs/platforms than we do. I wish them well because if we were able to have their work, we'd be busting our butts (and wrists) to work hard to make money too and probably be quite a bit more positive about things.

On the other side, others need to realize there is a group who obviously is consistently out of work. If you are fortunate enough to be doing okay, just be grateful. I can't imagine how wonderful it would feel to not have to worry how I'm going to pay for something for my kids, even just once. So I'm not angry at you. I'm envious! So yeah, obviously, people might get a little upset when they work hard too (when they have work), and then see exactly how much someone in the same company is making. Probably gonna bring out the worst in people, which is expected.

People have their own reasons for staying. Some may stay out of fear of the unknown, a lack of other prospects, promises that just don't seem to be panning out, and sometimes a combination of that and maybe something slightly more personal that limits their options. And you are making assumptions that people might not be actually trying to find another job.

Before you judge someone or find yourself getting nasty, you need to stop and try and put yourself in their shoes. You may not understand the other side, but you don't have to engage in mean-spirited, snide, or taunting posts. If you didn't like having someone slap at you, why turn around and slap back? At one time, I swore "I would never stay" too. Funny thing about life. You never know when "never" happens, and you don't have other choices at the moment, especially when you're a parent and don't have the option of failing.

What is most "sad" is how people don't realize their nasty comments and slaps at others can really inflict a lot of pain in someone without their knowing it. Jobs of any sort aren't easy to come by in some areas. So you just have to do the best you can with what you have sometimes and pray that things will be okay.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)