Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

An Interesting Development - part 2 - XQC

Posted: Sep 4th, 2015 - 9:49 pm

Well, I had that phone meeting with Sen. Stan Rosenberg's office in Boston. I told them as much as I could about the sleazy way Nuance has gotten its American workforce whittled down so they could bring on the thousands of offshores, how we cannot unionize in the traditional sense because we are a virtual workforce and are being victimized because of it, also told them that Nuance is using offshore MTs on accounts that specifically want only onshores (and pay more for it) by creating false American-sounding logins so the client will not know (don't ask me how I know, please just trust me).

They were interested and said they would bring it up to the Massachusetts Attorney General's office, but did not know how to address any of this with the laws currently in place, and that (amazingly) none of this is technically criminally illegal, although there are violations of contract law. I told them that I know they are legislative and not enforcement, and that we need a legislative answer to all of these problems, especially protections of our jobs in lieu of traditional unionization, and that the virtual workplace is the trend of the future and this needs to be addressed sooner rather than later. This means new laws enacted to try to address some of these issues. I am keeping in touch with them.

So basically no quick easy fix, which we already suspected. The Rapid Response Team in the unemployment office said it might take years before anything comes from it, so I'm passing that along to you all and telling you not to despair. Our situation does require new legislation to address these problems and thinking outside of the box. Nuance revels in the fact that they are not criminally liable and just hopes that their clients do not know, or do not care, what they do in violation of their contracts with each individual account, while Nuance upper management gets lopsidedly rich off of our backs.

So if any of you are residents of Massachusetts, I'd say go ahead and give Sen. Stan Rosenberg's office a call, tell them you are looking for a legislative answer to all of these issues. In other states, you can try talking to your own legislators to see if they have any ideas. This is a highly charged political climate right now with presidential elections coming next year, so you might find someone who wants to make their mark politically. Let all of us know if you hit anything!

Good luck to us all!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)