A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Tylenol No. 3 - deb

Posted: Sep 20, 2014

How would you transcribe Tylenol No. 3 30/300 mg q.6 hours p.r.n. I know 3 30/300 should not all be together.

Tylenol #3, 30/300 mg q.6h. p.r.n. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
=..=

I'd do it thus - and...

[ In Reply To ..]
...it depends on account specs:

Tylenol #3 every six hours as needed

Check a drug/pharm reference. The amt. of codeine/Tylenol is what makes T-3 T-3. I'd ignore all that 30/300 stuff.

Infor about Tylenol - research

[ In Reply To ..]
From Wikipedia:

ylenol is also sold as a class of stronger pain relievers containing codeine, known as co-codamols:

Tylenol 1 contains 325 mg acetaminophen and 8 mg codeine;
Tylenol 2 (300 mg/15 mg),
Tylenol 3 (300 mg/30 mg), and
Tylenol 4 (300 mg/60 mg).

The advise about ignoring the 30/300 was inappropriate. You should correct it to 300/30. I don't have my BOS out right now to check if you are supposed to use No. versus the # sign before the the 3, but I know it says to offset run-on numbers in some way with a word or character, such as:

Tylenol No. 3 (300/30 mg) q.6 h. p.r.n.
or
Tylenol No. 3 at 300/30 mg q.6.h. p.r.n.

You want to make it clear that the patient is not to take three tablets of 300/30 mg q.6 h. p.r.n.

Agree with above...SM - Old Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
that it would be wrong to leave off the 300/30 part as it was dictated as such. As far as whether to use # or No., Drake & Drake Pharm Word Book (sadly last published in 2012) lists it as No. 1, No, 2, No. 3. I trust this reference and have used it for years.

I would put:
Tylenol No. 3 at 300/30 mg q.6 h. p.r.n.

I always put the word AT in situations like this. Another example would be:

Vitamin D3 at 1000 mg.

I also think a comma would be acceptable in these situations.

Similar Messages:

Tylenol Number 3
Dec 11, 2009

Can someone please tell me how exactly this drug is typed out? #3, number 3, No. 3, etc? Or does it matter? thanks. ...

Tylenol With Codeine #3
Aug 02, 2010

Tylenol with codeine #3,     how to document this, is it No.3 or just #3 ...

Tylenol 3 With Codeine Sm
Oct 11, 2014

Is this correct spelling on a verbatim account? TIA! ...

Teamwork Replaces Tylenol????
Nov 05, 2009

On the MQ Central home page, new article entitled "Teamwork replaces Tylenol" --Um, does THAT mean, MQ?  Am I missing something?  Don't get it. Also in the article it says CCMs/CTLs and MTs can instant message each other now?  Just how do we do this?  Somehow I don't believe it.    ...

Tylenol For Nausea And Vomiting???
May 03, 2013

I'm editing a report loaded with stupid statements.  Has anyone ever heard of using Tylenol for nausea and vomiting?  This doctor is driving my nuts tonight. Thanks.  ...