A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Punctuation for posterior inferior sm - Grace

Posted: Nov 10, 2011

How would you punctuate "posterior inferior" here? -"There is endplate edema involving the posterior inferior endplate of L1."   I want to hyphenate it. Or maybe just leave it alone.  Any help would be appreciated  Thanks!

posteroinferior - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
x

posterior inferior - no punctuation required

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

S/l Inferior Asulki
Feb 28, 2010

part of the tongue.. ...

EKG Readings - ST Changes Or STT Changes In The Inferior Leads?
Oct 23, 2009

On EKG readings is the correct term ST changes or STT changes in the inferior leads? On one dictation I hear STT on another I hear ST.   TIA! ...

Inferior Pole S/l Pye-lo-lec-tomy?
Oct 28, 2011

I came across patellectomy, but it clearly sounds like pi-low-lectomy. The sentence is: "I think the best course of action would probably be to do an inferior pole *s/l pye-lo-lectomy* and just primary repair of the inferior patellar tendon portion back to the patellar bone."   Thank you very much for your help! ...

Inferior Quadrant *antinopia* In The Left Eye?? Thanks. Nm
Jul 24, 2010

nm ...

Septoplasty With S/l Esmar Of The Right Inferior Turbinate
Nov 08, 2010

This patient has hypertrophy of the right inferior turbinate and is having a septoplasty wtih s/l ethmar or esmar of the right inferior turbinate.  ...

Type Of Procedure On Inferior Turbinates
Mar 03, 2011

The doctor is listing the type of procedure he is going to do on the inferior turbinates.  s/l es-i-marvin inferior turbinates. The actual procedure does not give any indication to this word.  He trimmed the turbinates.  He infractured them and outfractured them.  He also resected the mucosal tissues overlying the inferior turbinate bone. Any ideas? Thanks ...

Posterior Tib
Oct 19, 2010

When a Dr. dictates "posterior tib"  should it be posterior tibia, posterior tibula, posterior tibial ( an noun does not always follow it) ...

Submucous Resection Of Inferior Turbinates - Does This Sound Right?
Nov 15, 2012

Does the word humming seem right in the first sentence?  I thought maybe there is a specific name for the type of handpiece or wand but I can't seem to find that.  These are his exact words. "Anterior stab incisions were created for submucosal resection with Coblation handpiece humming 45 degree reflex wand.  Settings of 4 and 2 were used.  Three separate submucous tunnels were created anterior to posteriorly with the Coblation foot pedal activated for 12 seconds." &nb ...

Posterior Pharynx And Oropharynx
Jan 09, 2010

Are the posterior pharynx and oropharynx two different things?   My doc seems to be saying something different than she has ever before and I am mixed up.  I can't find it anywhere.   TIA.  ...

Posterior Esophageal (s/l) Pul-sa-tom Mass
Nov 18, 2011

The patient does have a past medical history pertinent for having a right aortic arch with an anomalous left subclavian artery and a possible ligamentum resulting in a possible vascular ring.  This was initially picked up after upper GI endoscopy which noted a posterior esophageal (s/l) pul-sa-tom mass. ...

Posterior Pharynx Exam
Feb 12, 2013

s/l malagooti 3 ? ...

(s/l Triumph Or Trianth) Posterior Decompression...
Dec 30, 2010

Below is the complete sentence:  May be a good candidate for "triumph" posterior decompression and disk replacement study.  TIA!  ...

Posterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction
Jan 04, 2012

Some type of posterior cruciate ligament reconstruction, but dictatin is extremely muffled. With regard to the *_______ (7:51) (s/l Aceon Gunlanger treatment) of the injuries, the patient has accepted these symptoms consistent with posterior cruciate instability. Also talking about thermal shrinkage procedure in number prior.   Thank you for any help. My software in not reinstalled yet, and I cannot locate it in books or Internet. ...

Electroencephalogram: Unremarkable With 9 Hz Posterior *donum* Rhythm. Thanks. Nm
Apr 15, 2010

nm ...

Peripheral Pulses Are +2 In Posterior And Tibial ____
Jun 22, 2010

NM ...

Posterior Fossa?? Internal Auditory Canal
Oct 01, 2010

MRI scanning of the posterior fossa? internal auditory canal  doc has an accent and I'm not sure.  I haven't heard this before. ...

Posterior Muscular Flap Was Created Using (s/l)gastrox
Jul 23, 2013

posterior muscular flap was created using (s/l)gastrox for a below knee amputation.  Thanks for any help :) ...

Posterior Lateral Basilar Chest Areas
Feb 04, 2014

are these all different areas of the chest? should there be a comma between all of these? posterior lateral basilar chest areas. ...

Pt Has Bilateral Renal Atrophy And Evidence Of S/l Infolitia Cysts Affecting The Inferior Pole. Nm
Jul 25, 2010

xx ...

There Is Some Thickening Of The *faulks* Posterior To The Surgical Site Which Looks Like Fibrosis.
Oct 05, 2010

patient had frontal meningioma removed.  Thanks. ...

Anterior Posterior Draw, *sloan* Pivot Shift Test Negative. Nm Thanks
Nov 30, 2011

nm ...

Left Psoas Muscle Down To Inferior "jerosa Estacia" Sm
Oct 28, 2010

liposarcoma inseparable from the inferior left psoas muscle tracking down to involve the inferior "gerosas estacia" and true pelvis.  ...

Punctuation Help, Please?
Nov 23, 2009

How would this be punctuated?   Her knee is stable to varus valgus anterior posterior stresses. ...

Punctuation: As Above
Feb 16, 2010

I am transcribing a H & P - under review of systems I have: She has had some headaches, as above.  Question: Is there suppose to be a comma after headaches to separate as above as it is not necessary to the sentence?   BOS does not give a speciific answer for this. ...

Punctuation HELP!!
Mar 16, 2010

Can anyone help me with the punctuation in this sentence? I've added 2 commas but I don't think they are correct.... I'm thinking a semicolon or colon somewhere? CT scan of the head was negative, of the chest, the findings included mediastinal hematoma with displacement of the esophagus and stomach.   Thanks in advance!!! ...

Punctuation Help! Please!
Mar 20, 2010

How to punctuate this? Would you use a semicolon after hypertension? History of hypertension, on treatment with Dyazide daily, repeated bladder infections, appendectomy, 3 D&Cs, tonsillectomy, history of yellow jaundice as a child.   ...

Punctuation Help?
Jul 27, 2010

Is this right? She also had somatosensory evoked potential, which showed abnormal bilateral tibials. Somatosensory evoked potentials in both the normal position and "budda position". Slowing of the central conduction is worse in the left than the right. ...

More Punctuation Help
Aug 05, 2010

Is the punctuation in this paragraph correct? I am mainly concerned with the sentence concerning the spine. Thanks! Slowing of the central conduction is worse in the left than the right, but abnormalities are bilateral. She had an MRI of her spine; C-spine;T-spine; and L-spine. All of which showed no problems after her surgery except for post operative changes. ...

Help With Punctuation...please. TIA.
Dec 30, 2010

She denies partner change, although, when queried further she states that since her STD check, which was done in August, she actually has had one partner with use of a condom.   I also thought of putting a semicolon before although...? I am really stuck on this...and I want to put a comma after further because I feel it is more introductory, but QA does not like commas.   Does that look right? I swear, with the way QA is at my company, I feel like I don't even know how to wr ...

Need Punctuation Help, Please.
Jan 06, 2011

How would you punctuate this?  I do think that the combination of discontinuation of splinting and initiating some therapy, in particular, home therapy, will help substantially with this stiffness.  THX!   ...