A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Lukay or Lookay ring instrument used for spinal surgery (sm) - Sandy

Posted: Dec 06, 2010

sounds like lookey or lukey..can't find anywhere.  TIA

Lenke? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
:)

I don't think so..he's definitely saying an ooo sound or u..(sm) - Sandy

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks anyway :)

Found it..it's actually a rod - Leuke...(nm) - Sandy

[ In Reply To ..]
According to Stedman it is Luque rod. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
Agree it is Luque - Dr. Eduardo Luque - Olive
[ In Reply To ..]
n
Thanks...I wondered why I could only find it spelled (sm) - Sandy
[ In Reply To ..]
Leuke on a few places on Google. I'll make note of it for the future. Thanks again.

Similar Messages:

Eye Surgery ___ Ring For Fixation
May 31, 2012

s/l Borhes ring for fixation... I hate blanks!  And I have this come up and cannot get the office to confirm the proper term.  Any ideas? ...

Spinal Surgery And NAPZMG's?
Jul 29, 2011

Hi everyone. I am doing a spinal fusion surgery and the dictator says that for Intraoperative Monitoring he used NAP ZMG's (he says it just like that NAPZMG's). Not sure what he means. Can't find those acronyms in my book. Any suggestions? Thanks. ...

Spinal Surgery S/l DuraGen And Ta-seal
Jul 27, 2010

The reinforcement of the dural repair, composed of DuraGen and ______, is visible on the MRI scan. s/l Ta-seal (emphasis on 2nd syllable). ...

Spinal Surgery S/l "Capstone Graft" TIA
Oct 18, 2009

x ...

Spinal Surgery S/l "boxanno"
Nov 20, 2012

Surgeon says something that sounds like "boxanno out the foramen." Not sure if this is an anatomical or an implement or what.  It could also be Bucksanno or Bahxanno (phonetically speaking). ...

Koh/KOH Ring
Jun 19, 2012

With regard to a lap hysterectomy dictator uses a Koh/KOH ring... is this capped or not... my Stedmans OB and Surg word books have Koh colpotomixer system so that is what I used, but QA just nailed me for not using KOH... any opinions? ...

S/l Homedal Ring
Jun 04, 2010

This is a well-child check.  Doctor says "GU exam shows normal-appearing female genitalia.  s/l homidal ring is intact.      ...

Malyugin Ring ??
Sep 07, 2010

A Malyugin ring was used to dilate the pupil.   I cannot find this spelling and was wondering if anyone has heard of it. ...

Ring Of One Fracture
May 26, 2012

Anyone heard of ring of one? fracture. ...

S/l Dajen-ah-ring Adenoma
Sep 02, 2011

full sentence:  The thyroid ultrasound basically demonstrated large cystic mass arising from the left thyroid lobe, most secondary to _____ adenoma and 1 small right nodule in the right thyroid gland that could also correlage with a _____ adenoma.    Thank you!! ...

For Mitral Vale Used A S/l Tune Ring
Aug 19, 2010

Mitral valve annuloplasty using a 39 s/l "tune" ring.  I have tried tuen, toonen and never heard of it.  Any ideas?  Thanks ...

GU Exam On Young Male S/l Smoral Ring
Jan 27, 2010

Gu exam on 9 year old. s/l smoral ring was palpated and no masses felt. ...

Fissure Ring In Patella Cartilage? Ortho
Jul 10, 2012

Can there be a full thickness fissure ring in the patella cartilage? Is there such thing as a fissure ring? ...

GYN Instrument
Nov 23, 2009

A s/l BRIDE-SKI was used to locate the anterior lip of the vagina. ...

Instrument Name
Apr 20, 2010

This is a vasectomy.  The (s/l toppif) ____ was then used to isolate the vas within the scrotal tissue and the vas was delivered through a 5-mm incision.  TIA ...

OB/GYN Instrument
Dec 15, 2010

The ovary was manipulated with S/L paddle grasper, which was used through a right lower quadrant port site.... Thank you in advance. ...

ENT Instrument
Apr 19, 2013

The punctum wre dilated and the ...

Ophthalmologic Instrument
Dec 29, 2009

Anyone familiar with a Baron or Byron punch used in an eye surgery to punch a button in donor tissue.  Tried google MT - no luck. ...

Name Of Surgical Instrument
Apr 27, 2010

Has anyone heard of a mohorner ? He is doing a left thyroid lobectomy and says:  A mohorner was then utilized in order to create exposure with the midline strap muscles incised longitudinally.    ...

Surgical Instrument?
Nov 26, 2010

orthopedic surgeon dictating "we did a subacromial bursectomy with a 4.3 mm Couda/Cooda?" ...

Orthopedic Instrument Help
Feb 07, 2011

The sentence is "There was some chondral debris in the suprapatellar pouch that we carefully evacuated with a shutter".  Clearly sounds like shutter but I can't find this anywhere.  ...

Instrument S/l Malibolt?
Jul 21, 2011

It's a pericardial drainage surgery report and doc says, "A Mali bolt/Malibolt was used to retract the peritoneum and preperitoneal fat." Definitely sounds like 3 syllables. Any suggestions? Thanks. ...

Can Anyone Remember An Instrument
Mar 27, 2013

TIA ...

Cartier Surgical Instrument
Oct 10, 2011

I am doing a Da Vinci robot assisted surgical procedure and it sounds like they are using a cartier (card-e-air) instrument...spelling anyone?  Thanks!! ...

Surgical Instrument Names
Aug 05, 2013

Has anyone ever heard of faceless scissors?  or "bi-see" forceps? ...

Sponge, Lap, Needle, Instrument Count
Oct 15, 2010

What does "lap" stand for?  Thanks. ...

Instrument To Remove Ganglionic Fluid?
Nov 12, 2010

I apologize for the rough s/l, hoping someone will know what it is....   ganglionic synovial fluid, which I then removed with a s/l"renejure" ...

Instrument S/l Cry-coke To Elevate Trachea-sm
Jul 07, 2011

Patient is having a tracheostomy. ...

S/p Spinal What?
Aug 02, 2011

This patient s/p left radical nephrectomy, partial colostomy, adrenalectomy, s/l spinal pexy, and omental wrap w/ postoperative respiratory insufficiency.  Can anyone fill in that blank for me?  Much appreciated!! ...

Abdominal Procedure-OB/GYN S/l P Care Instrument - Any Ideas?
Aug 08, 2012

XX ...