A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Is "trachealized" an actual word? - Jo

Posted: Oct 01, 2014

For the 2nd time I have come across the word "trachealized" used by the same client when describing an anterior cervical incision.  Is trachealized an actual word?  For instance, the client dictates "He has a well-healed anterior cervical incision, trachealized, midline."

I see it all over the internet - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I ran a search on DuckDuckGo (which I prefer over Google) of trachealized and came up with at least 20 instances of it. It's usually pertaining to the esophagus.

Yes - No

[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe so.

Similar Messages:

What Is Our Actual Line Rate?
Jan 17, 2013

Is it still the same? ...

Info From An Actual QC Person
Jun 20, 2013

I have seen a LOT of posts on here about QC and most of them are completely inaccurate.  Since we have joined with Nuance I think things have gotten very confusing and this is where some of misinformation is coming from.  Quality is now split in two, predelivery and post delivery.  Those of us in predelivery (QC1) are told NOT to "ding" the MLS for for any kind of punctuation unless for some rare reason it would impact patient care.  We are told to use a very light hand and m ...

Are There Any Companies With Actual Work?
Feb 17, 2015

I am tired of begging for work and then the higher ups send out messages about so many jobs on the system/out of TAT but yet I ask daily for work and there isn't any. Looking for some place that can actually keep me busy with work. ...

Actual Medical Question And Such
Mar 18, 2015

When do you capitalize gram in gram negative rods or Gram negative rods? Also, what is the keystrokes if you accidentally erase a word or sentence to put it back in, instead of going back and retyping? ...

A Question For The Actual Coders Here.
Jun 18, 2015

In your daily job, do you code from scratch or do you more or less verify codes that have already been put there?   With the course I'm taking I'm noticing most of the exams are more of a mutliple choice and less of coding it myself.  I'm wondering if that's how it works in the real world. ...

Book Of Style - What Is The Actual Title
Jun 08, 2011

What is the actual title of the Book of Style?  I see The Book of Style for Medical Transcription, 3rd Edition - Paperback (June 15, 2008) by Lea M. Sims and John H. Dirckx and I also see The AAMT Book of Style: A Searchable Medical Transcription Style Guide (2nd Edition) - CD-ROM (July 21, 2005) by American Association for Medical Transcription (AAMT). One is by AAMT and one is not - I am assuming the AAMT is the Book of Style everyone refers to?  I am buying this for someone and want to ...

Are Erythematic And Erythemic Actual Words?
Aug 27, 2011

I have had different docs use erythematic and erythemic. Are those actual words? I saw an old post where someone claimed it was in their dictionary, but did not cite the source. ...

Time Working Actual Question
Oct 04, 2013

My company requires a solid 8 hours a day 40 hours a week of system time of transcribing in order to not be fired. This is in an 8 hour day (100% of the time on the keyboard). Any tips on how to do this. My back hurts and I don't want to get fired or I will lose my home. Thanks in advance for suggestions.   ...

Does Anyone Know If U.S. Career Institute Is An Actual Acredited MT School?
Jan 04, 2012

I have completed a course in medical transcriptioning in a school thats called U.S. Career Institute and was woundering if I just got hoaxed or if it was a real school. If anybody knows I would appraciate it having difficulties finding a job. ...

OOOOH, An Actual Employee Handbook In The Next Few Weeks???
Dec 11, 2012

I have been here almost 2 years and have been asking for one the entire time.  Does it actually exist?? ...

Do You Have To Work So Many Hours At Phoenix MedCom Or Have An Actual Schedule
Mar 26, 2012

Do you have to work so many hours at Phoenix MedCom or have an actual schedule, or can you just get your lines in for a particular day/week without working set schedule?  ...

Looking For A Software Program To Monitor My Actual Time Working
Apr 23, 2014

I work for a company that does not monitor my "hands on the keys."  However, I am trying to determine what I am actually earning per hour when factoring in all of the patient demograhics, internet research, etc. that is not reflected in my line count.  Does anyone know of a reasonably priced or shareware program that would do this?  Thanks. ...

NUMBER 4 SIGNS? Orthopedic Test For The Back. Actual Dictation Below...
Dec 15, 2009

Equally performs NUMBER FOUR SIGNS with assistance of his upper extremities.    Could this be putting the ankle in the back of the opposite knee to create a "4" sign?  Never heard of this... ...

Anybody Else's Actual Time Worked Not Match Clocked Time?
Jun 13, 2011

Ever since they have changed Schedule Source and now it has a display called today's activity with "actuals" hours, this has not matched the hours shown with the time clock punches and is less than the hours according to the clock punch. The difference adds up to a significant amount over time. I am really suspicious about being jypped paywise. ...

She Has Actual Rigidity More Than *apendageal* Rigidity. Thanks. Nm
Dec 01, 2009

nm ...

Do I Need To Take An Actual Coding Course To Learn Coding?
Feb 26, 2014

My sister is taking an online coding course and complains that there is no real "teaching," that she's basically just doing the work in the work book and entering answers online, then taking an online chapter test.  This makes me wonder about the necessity of signing up for an actual course.  I would like to learn how to code, but to me, without any actual instruction, what's the purpose of signing up for one of these online courses? ...

"sleepiness Insomnia"---I Can't Verify This As An Actual Type Of Insomnia. It Makes
Dec 06, 2009

x ...

Importing Bayscribe Word Expander Into Word 2010 Autocorrect
Jun 25, 2015

Is there a way to import or convert my Bayscribe word expander file (thousands of entries) into 2010 MS Word's autocorrect and/or dictionary?  Thank you. ...

Is It Possible To Upgrade Microsoft Word 2000 To Word 2003?
Jul 01, 2010

I have Microsoft Word 2003. Is it possible to upgrade it online to Word 2003? A company I worked for for a short time did it. If it's possible, can someone give me the link? I looked on Microsoft.com but don't see it. ...

In Microsoft Word, Is There A Way To Find A Particular Word In A Document? I Have 20 Pages And I Nee
Mar 01, 2011

. ...

Help Please!!!Changing Comma To Period, Capping Next Word....in Word
Nov 07, 2014

Is there a way in AutoCorrect (Word 2010) to change a comma to a period and then cap the next word to make VR go a little faster?  The platform at my old company did this automatically, but MS Word does not : ( This is so frustrating having to change from a comma to a period (or vice versa)--which as you all know happens constantly...and then change the next word to be capitalized (or uncapped)....my wrists are killing me, not to mention it takes so much TIME..... There HAS to be a better ...

Help, Please! Changing Comma To Period And Capping Next Word In MS Word....
Nov 08, 2014

Is it possible to do this in MS Word 2010?  I'm using AutoCorrect and there isn't a way to do it that I know of.  What do all of you doing VR do for the CONSTANT having to change a comma to a period and cap the next word easily?  Any suggestions would be SOOOOO very appreciated.  ...

Changing From Word 2000 To Word 2003
Oct 19, 2009

I will be changing from Word 2000 to Word 2003 and have a few questions.  I am not that great at figuring tech stuff out so hopefully someone will be able to help me.  Will changing from 2000 to 2003 affect anything on my computer at all, i.e., will all my other software work okay.  I rely on my PC Shorthand expander and my electronic Stedman's books, plus how about my Stedman's medical spellchecker, will they all work the same or do I need to do anything to make sure th ...

Longest Medical Word, Or Any Word Apparently
Jun 04, 2010

Just thought it was interesting.     pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis:   pneu⋅mo⋅no⋅ul⋅tra⋅mi⋅cro⋅scop⋅ic⋅sil⋅i⋅co⋅ vol⋅ca⋅no⋅co⋅ni⋅o⋅sis   // //  /ˈnumÉ™noʊˌÊŒltrəËŒmaɪkrəËŒskÉ’pɪkˈsɪlɪËŒkoÊŠvÉ’lËŒkeɪnoʊËŒkoÊŠniˈoÊŠsɪs, ˈnyu-/ Show Spelled Pronu ...

Fox Transcribe, Can Copy And Paste From Word To Word Pad?
Jun 25, 2012

Can anyone who works with Fox Transcribe tell me if you can copy and paste from word to word pad? Since word pad does not have spell check OR auto correct, I wondered about that. Thank you!  ...

Using Word Separate But Similtaneously With Word Client 8
Aug 01, 2012

I have just started working in Dictaphone Word Client.  I have Word 2003.  When I open the Word Client it takes my own Word "hostage" and I cannot use it for other things.  Is there a way to separate the two, so that I can still use my Word when I need to while still working in Word Client? ...

AutoCorrect From Word 2003 To Word Perfect 12
Aug 10, 2012

I'm using both Word 2003 and WP12 and am looking to transfer/copy my auto correct/quick words from Word into WP - any suggestions? ...

Need To Convert Word 2013 To Word 2010
May 20, 2014

The MTSO that has hired me needs me to have Office 2010 Professional, whereas I have Office 2013 Professional.  They said the only reason 2013 won't work is because of the Word version.  I remember sometime back that there was a way to set your Word version to a previous version with the push of a button.  I've searched the internet for clues, but all I see are instructions for converting 2007 to 2003.  Nothing about converting 2013 to 2010.  If I can't ge ...

WORD 2010 - Right Click On A Word For Search
Jul 09, 2014

This may be one of those, "well, everybody knows that," or not? In my system: When in Word 2010 if you right click on a word a drop down pops up and you can click on "look up" and it goes to the internet and looks up these words and gives info in a box on the right.  Very helpful. ...

Not Sure If This Is A Word Or A Slang Word A Doctor Is Using
Dec 15, 2009

I am doing a diction of and Gasto Operative report on a patient who is having a End colostmy and Hartmann pouch resection! The doctor keeps dictating the work "parin"  Example:   Take down colostomy with segmental sigmoid resection and low pelvic EA stabled rectosigmoid anastomosis parin 31 mm end parin.   I have referenced this in many ways and still come up with nothing... Does anyone have  a clue what this is or what it means Thank you ...