A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

How to accurately transcribe vitamin D3 5000 units daily? - BraindeadMT

Posted: Nov 23, 2011

Question...I've been looking all over trying to figure out the best way to transcribe number/number combinations with medications on a list of meds where using parentheses doesn't seem to be right.  For example:

Vitamin D3 5000 units daily, vitamin B12 500 mg daily, etc. 

Is there a way to transcribe this where it doesn't look so number-heavy and the dosage is clearly separate from the vitamin?

TIA!

Number/number combinations - one option - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Vitamin D3, 5000 units daily; vitamin B12, 500 mg daily; etc.

I do vitamin D3 at 5000 units - Cheesey

[ In Reply To ..]
Sometimes sentences get comma heavy with medications too, so I try to use the commas for separating different medications rather than stick it in between meds and their dosages.

Similar Messages:

Meds: Vitamin B12 12,000 Mg **daily** Isn't That An
May 18, 2011

x ...

International Units Or International Units? Is This A Proper Noun? -nm
Nov 25, 2011

x ...

Getting Accurately Paid Through Breitner
Jul 25, 2012

Has anyone experienced not getting accurately paid through Breitner or there being a discrepancy from your line count to what you get paid on WebChartMD platform?  ...

5000-700- KB
Dec 27, 2009

Kind of a strange question.  I was wondering if anyone would know this.  I have a chance to take an IC position.  The MTSO said that the workload would be 5000-7000 KB a day.  I'm not sure exactly what that means.  Anyone have any ideas?  I have an email into her, but I was wondering if anyone knew how much work this could possibly mean.  I'm now among the unemployed and I could really use a job where the work is plentiful. ...

What Is The Best Way To Accurately Enter Time With SoftScript?
Apr 28, 2011

I can't figure out the best way to enter my time with SoftScript.  I have been told several times to enter only the time spent typing, which is okay but then it looks like I only typed 2/3 of my shift.  Just calculating typing time alone is around 200 lph.  If I include proofreading, reviewing account specs, and slow upload/download times added in, my line count is too low.  HELP!  Can't seem to make them happy either way!  Mid winter they had no work.... ...

Foot Pedal - Will It Work AS-5000 Olympus
Jan 14, 2015

I am considering testing for an at-home company, haven't worked from home in years and when I did it was with microcassettes, etc.  I am trying to put together equipment just to do the testing and have access to AS-5000 transcription kit (pedal, software,etc.)  Does anybody know if this will work when the company downloads their files?  Thanks for any advice...I'm really beginning to feel like a dinosaur! ...

S/l Ka-lex-ine 500 Mg Daily, S/l Fi-a-sol 65 Mg Daily, And S/l Leuk-o-sate Sodium. Please Sm
Dec 04, 2009

This is patient's past medical history:  Scoliosis, osteoarthritis, diverticulosis, asthma, COPD, fibromyalgia, anxiety, chronic fatigue, obsessive/compulsive disorder, bipolar, manic depression.       ...

Epic Systems Pays Interns $5000 Per Month?
Feb 25, 2015

http://www.cbsnews.com/media/the-11-best-summer-internships/8/ ...

Companies That Still Transcribe. Are There Any Left That Do Just Transcribe And Not Editing From Voi
Nov 04, 2012

x ...

Nph 30 Units Q.a.m.???
Feb 22, 2012

I have no idea if I need to expand NPH or just put insulin and if I need to do 70/30 units or 30/70 units or just 30 units. Never di insulin before.... ...

Lantus U ?150 Units
Feb 14, 2014

Speaker says Lantus (U?) 150 units bid and then Humalog (U?) 120 units. I assume she is referring to the units somehow but I have never seen this before, what does she mean and how do I write it?  Thank you! ...

Abbreviation For Microinternational Units/mL
Dec 10, 2009

Anyone know what the correct abbreviation for microinternational units/mL.  Is it miu/mL? ...

Need Help With A Vitamin ?
Feb 09, 2012

Dictator is saying the patient is on s/l Crid-i-cal with 500 units of D3 when she is listing the vitamins the patient is on.  All I can find in my searches are "critical."  Anyone heard of this vitamin? ...

Vitamin K?
Oct 21, 2014

Are you supposed to type "vitamin K" as dictated or is it one of those dangerous abbreviation things. I seem to remember it means potassium or something else but haven't come across it in a long time. ...

International Units Per Liter Or IU/L For Labs..sm
Feb 23, 2010

Some questions regarding this rule: for medications i know we shoud put in international units or just units but for labs, we can't put in IU/L? should it be internationa units per liter and for IU/mL, do we put in international units per mL or international units per milliliter?   Thanks. ...

111 Gray Units Per Centimeter Squared
Apr 23, 2012

x ...

Vitamin D 25 Hydroxy
Nov 23, 2009

How would you type this?   vitamin D-25 hydroxy?  ...

Anyone Heard Of Vitamin D12 ???
Feb 19, 2010

Doc is clearly saying D12.  Does anyone know if there is a vitamin D12.  I am not able to locate any info.  I am assuming he means B12, but it's very rare for this doc to make mistakes while dictating (yes, I am so blessed with him, but his colleague makes up for it, lol) Help!  Thanks guys! ...

Pt Received Vitamin K...see Msg
Jul 31, 2010

vitamin K 10 mg daily.  Prior to the surgery he had s/l ACLOMATHYCIN the following morning IM.  Any help for me?  Thx. ...

Vitamin/supplement Reference
Oct 05, 2010

Does anyone know of a good online reference for vitamin and supplement names, preferably something that allows for a "sounds like"?  I am struggling with this one - it sounds like "ketcava" and I'm thinking it might be something used for insomnia since it's listed in between 2 other supplements used for insomnia.  If anyone knows the name of this one or can point me in the direction of where to find it, I would greatly appreciate it!  Thanks in advance! ...

Rheumatology Lab That Kind Of S/l Vitamin D?
Oct 08, 2010

Does anyone know of a rheumatology lab that kind of s/l vitamin D?  She is listing all of the rheumatology labs that she is going to be drawing, CBC, CMP, ESR, CRP, ANA direct, SSA/SSB, RF, anti-CCP, ACE, Lyme, TSH, muscle enzymes, s/l vitamin D.  I couldn't find anything online b/c she could be saying just about anything...she is saying the word while exhaling into the mic. ...

Doc Prescribes Vitamin D And Gives The Patient
Nov 10, 2010

a s/l "min-omega" brochure. I cannot document this anywhere! ...

Vitamin Alginal?...doc Spelling
Jan 14, 2011

Doctor spelled this vitamin, very clear speaker. ...

Medication - Not Sure If Vitamin Or New Drug...sm
Oct 05, 2012

Patient is on s/l sovera.  If it will help, other medications are Bystolic, Diovan/hydrochlorothiazide, Nexium, Lamictal, Norco. My drug book is seriously outdated, but I've searched drugs.com -- no luck. It may be solvera, sylvera, or it may be vara.  Does it sound familiar to anyone?  Thanks! ...

Diabetes Meds--Patient Told To Take 25/50 Unites Or 25 Out Of 50 Units?
Feb 12, 2011

I'm a new MT and am not sure if the doctor says "25 out of 50 units" which way it is to be written...I appreciate the help...getting my feet wet with acute care. ...

OTC Vitamin Salpamella (Dr. Spelling) Cannot Find??
Jan 10, 2011

... ...

S/l "quant Anesthesia Was 4478 Mili International Units
Dec 20, 2009

10 mils"   This is an ESL doctor...really difficult to understand so I may be wayyy off on this! ...

International Units Capped Or Not Capped
Feb 24, 2011

International Units or international units ...

S/l Kuz-man-ol 1 Tab P.o. Daily. SM
Nov 01, 2009

The patient has right lower lobe pneumonia and Afrin abuse. Thx! ...

Has Pi$$ed Off Daily Been Used Yet?
Nov 10, 2014

Take me to your leader. So I can slap him up side da head. ...