A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Has candles bilaterally? - Fatigued Fingers

Posted: Mar 04, 2011

In the physical exam section, the doctor is dictating on the extremities.  He says what sounds like "Extremities have candles bilaterally, but no pretibial edema."

pulses? - jmn

[ In Reply To ..]

clonus? - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Has candles bilaterally? - Fatigued Fingers

[ In Reply To ..]
Could possibly be clonus.

If this is an ESL doc... - Hi there!

[ In Reply To ..]
...it could be cyanosis. I have one ESL doc here who does amazing things with his vowels. :-P

Similar Messages:

Cerumen Impaction Bilaterally Vs Cerumen Impactions Bilaterally
Jun 07, 2011

The doctor dictates cerumen impactions bilaterally.  Is it correct to type cerumen impaction, bilaterally? Thanks ...

Myotome Bilaterally
May 17, 2011

Good morning everybody.  This is a new one for me (both doctor and word!).  PT had L4-5 microdiscectomy,.  In the objective doc says:  She does have 4/5 strength of the right anterior tibialis and right extensor hallucis longus.  This was present preoperatively as well, and she has 5/5 strength the  __ and monotones bilaterally.   The blank s/l "eld" so i think he is cutting off part of this word and I don't have a clue.  Anyone have a suggestion ...

Bilaterally Central Headache?
Aug 23, 2012

Is there such a thing as a bilaterally central headache?  I'm having a lot of trouble understanding this ESL doctor, but I can't figure out what else she might be saying that sounds like this. Thanks so much for your help! ...

Patient Has Some S/l Vomis Behind The Ears Bilaterally
Dec 23, 2009

This sounds like vomis/vaumis/volmis/volmus OR it could be a phomis sound.  Or maybe it begins with an "F." God only knows.  This is for an infant with a lot of dry skin during the physical exam.  What does this poor child have?? ...

On Funduscopic Exam, S/l Dno Shot Bilaterally. Nm
Sep 20, 2010

. ...

Superfical "pericalcies' Bilaterally
Mar 25, 2011

Superfical s/l "pericalcies' bilaterally in lower extremeties. Thank you for your help. ...

Chest Is Clear Bilaterally.... ??? Deformity
Aug 22, 2012

Help!  It sounds like chest is clear bilaterally......??? deformity.  Heart: Regular rate and rhythm, etc.   Any input with a standard phrase for an emergency department consultation that says the above?   Thanks so much for any help. ...

Patient Had A Percutaneous S/l Tympanotomy Of The Adductors Bilaterally - ??
Jan 04, 2010

x ...

Dramatic S/l Hallacis Of The Upper Lids Bilaterally Nm
Mar 02, 2010

On slit-lamp examination of the lids and lashes, there is prominent dramatic hallacis of the upper lids bilaterally. ...

On Exam, There Is 2+ S/l "Barnigs" Extremity Edema Bilaterally.
May 27, 2010

a ...

On MRI, Tissue Stranding Around The "comedy Myo Carta Lee" Bilaterally.
Oct 18, 2010

there is slight interval increase in the size of retroperitoneal and inguinal lymph node with persistent soft tissue stranding around the "comedy myo carta lee" bilaterally.  ...

Funduscopy Exam "cupto" Sensation Is 0.3 Bilaterally?
Jun 28, 2013

Does anyone know what this sounds like? ...

Eye Exam Question S/l "5 To 4 Bilaterally"
Nov 10, 2012

In doing an eye exam, doc says "Pupils are equal and reactive to light.  There is no pallor or icterus s/l "5 to 4" bilaterally.  EOMI with no nystagmus." It sounds like "5 to 4" or "5:4" if it's a ratio, and I don't know that it is. I've typed for this guy for about 3 years and he has just started saying it. Any ideas what or why he is saying it? Thanks in advance. ...

In The PE He Dictates HEENT: Ears NTM Bilaterally. He Is NOT Saying "ears And TM" Sm
Jun 28, 2011

He's clearly saying Ears: NTM bilaterally .....  and ears and TM bilaterally makes no sense anyway.  Anyone know what that acronym could stand for?? in regard to ears/heent ???  I can't find it anywhere.  ...