A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Format "minus two to three degrees of extension" - Newbie0809

Posted: Jul 22, 2010

Hi,  I just had this dictated:

"...minus two to three degrees of extension..."

My account is strict BOS 3.  I'm not sure how do transcribe it.

-2 to 3 degrees

-2 to -3 degrees

Help?  Thanks!

re - minus two to three degrees - curious

[ In Reply To ..]
I was interested in the answer to this so checked the BOS and didnt see this particular answer.

However, if you look at page 221 it has an example of how to write minus....but not sure how this will help....sorry.

The Way I See It - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
The way I see it is the dictator didn't say minus 2 to minus 3 degrees. I would feel safe typing -2 to 3 degrees--that's what he said, and I wouldn't assume anything else. It would be tough for them to mark you down on that one.

Similar Messages:

Wrist Range Of Motion 60/65 Degrees, Extension 60/60 Degrees, * Longation* 60/60 Degrees -sm
Oct 14, 2011

radiation 25 or 20 degrees.  Thanks ...

Back Extension And Side Bending Degrees Help
Apr 05, 2012

I am pretty new and trying to figure out what this doctor might be saying.  He is doing range of motion tests on a patient.  He says "Back extension (s/l 50 or 15) degrees."  Then he says "side bending (s/l 50 or 15) degrees."  The patient has severe neck pain.  I am not sure which value the doctor is saying.  Any suggestions? ...

Plus Or Minus Or +/-
Dec 01, 2010

Which is preferred?  I find equal validation for both. ...

Plus Or Minus
Aug 18, 2011

Ever have one of those moments where you just can't remember how to type something correctly even though you've done it hundreds of times before?    A simple little thing like "plus or minus".  Is is spelled out or written like this:  +/- .  Sheesh, I'm having a Monday on a Thursday!  ...

About Degrees In HIT And HIM
Jul 24, 2013

Do you have to have an associates degree in HIT to get a bachelor's degree in HIM? I was looking at some of the bachelor's degree in HIM programs, and some of them require this. ...

S/l Osteo MINUS
May 22, 2010

The patient is 8 days postoperative left great toe amputation.   The diagnosis is s/l osteo minus left great toe. TIA. ...

How Would You Write 5 Minus Out Of 5
Jul 16, 2010

In some sentances they say 5 out of 5 to muscle testing, sometimes 5 minus out of 5, or 4 plus out of 5.  I am not allowed to use the + or - sign.  I've got the 5/5, but is it correct to put 5 minus/5 or just type out 5 minus out of 5. ...

Plus And Minus Signs
Apr 16, 2012

Does anyone else have this rule with transcription?  I was told a while back and cannot remember where I heard it that you are not to use plus or minus signs anymore unless using them for actual math.  For example, positive bowel sounds instead of + bowel sounds, or +2 pedal edema should be plus-2 pedal edema. ...

On EKG, He Gives Axis Measurement In Degrees, Then
Aug 04, 2010

says, "eighteen slash ten slash three four," and I am not sure how to transcribe the last part.  I am a long-time transcriptionist but have never heard the measurements given that way, so any help from you cardiology gurus would be much appreciated.  Thanks. ...

What Jobs/degrees Are You All Heading For?
Oct 24, 2010

A friend suggested transcribing for the deaf, requires passing a 180-200 wpm test from conversation.  Anyone done/doing this?  It is a great consolation to get all of your support.  MT Stars is wonderful to give us this opportunity.  MQ never was able to maintain a professional forum. ...

T Minus 6 Minutes And I'm OUTTA HERE
Sep 02, 2013

x ...

Name Of Leg Extension
Mar 10, 2011

Dr. is describing a surgical history, states:  Left leg surgery with Harnshning extension....yeah, she spelled that word Harnshning, but I can't even come up with a google search for that one.  Any ideas??? ...

USB Extension
Feb 22, 2012

I am looking for something that will add more USB ports to my laptop.  I love my Toshiba Satellite, but it only has two USB ports.  I personally would not have bought it solely for that reason, but got it as a Christmas gift when my old one got worn out and died.  I am not having much luck finding what I am looking for.  I have been to the local Radio Shack, but the kid they hired looked at me like he was just absolutely dumbfounded when I asked.  Any suggestions to poin ...

Flexion/extension
Oct 20, 2009

the doctor is assesing a wrist injury and after addressing flexion and extension, goes into: "pulsar 1/2+, cap refil is 2 seconds"?? Any clue what he is saying? What is standard for the dr to cover on this type of injury? ...

CPC Course Through AAPC Extension
Jun 12, 2011

I'm taking the CPC coding course through AAPC.  I have four months to complete it, but haven't done so yet.  It says on their website that I can get an extension for $29.95 a month, but I can't find anywhere to send it?  Can somebody please help?  Thank's! ...

To All MTs Who Claim To Make More Money Than Woman With BS Degrees.....
Jun 13, 2012

Those of you who claim to make TONS OF MONEY TYPING....  You are not straight typing MTs under regular circumstances IF I believe you...and I don't.   You probably work 7 days a week, all hours of the day like most MTs.  You DO NOT work a regular 8-hour day, 5 days a week and make that much money.  If that were true...there would be much more competition.  The only perk is being at home.  Period...End of story.  Stop trying to sell me your ocean front pro ...

ICD10 Two Years Extension
May 18, 2012

http://www.healthcareitnews.com/news/ama-calls-2-year-extension-icd-10-deadline ...

Time To Regroup; UE Extension Ends 12/29
Nov 18, 2012

I am almost 50 and have been in the MT field for over 25 years.  Certified, consultant, national sales rep, own company -- did all that and sold the T-shirts too.  Finally the stress of being an MTSO adversely affected my health so I resumed just being a regular ole MT.  That's a tangent, though... In the last 3 years, two hospital employers outsourced the MT Dept. Of course, both times we were ineligible for unemployment.  I went to work for a service who lai ...

Format
Jul 28, 2010

He says "was made n.p.o. and put on D5 half normal saline plus 20 of KCl at 78." Is this typed correctly? ...

Rad Format
Aug 10, 2010

Does anyone know where I could look at a rad report format online? I have AAMT Book of Style, but it does not show a format for radiology.  All of the books online you have to buy.  All I need is to know a format for a radiology report. ...

Mg And Mcg Format
Jul 28, 2014

When typing combination medications should you put the dosage abbreviation after each medicaotin..... Example:  hydrocodone 5 mg/325 mg   or    hydrocodone 5/325 mg???? Also, what if it is a medication combination that uses both mg and mcg?   Example:  75 mg/200 mcg.   I received a correction back from my boss and she had it 75/200 mg and, considering that part of the medication is mcg, i think that her correction is actually incorrect.   ...

"Active Range Of Motion Of The Left Knee Is Approximately 3rd To 100 Degrees"
Apr 07, 2010

"Active range of motion of the left knee is approximately 3rd to 100 degrees." Is "3rd to 100 degree" the correct way to transcribe it? Thanks! ...

I Don't Like The New Format Of MTStars
Oct 12, 2009

I posted about an hour ago under Gab Board.  It is not there, and it was.  Strange!!!! ...

Question Regarding Format
Sep 30, 2010

A history and physical examination report. Doctor has already dictated information for EXTREMITIES subheading, but later dictates more info for same subheading. Should I combine second set of extremity info with first set of info? Thanks! ...

Medication Format
Nov 24, 2010

I am not sure how to format this medication and I think there might be a stumble also.  Doctor says  "... 2 tabs 125 mg 2 times p.o. t.i.d."   Wonder whether I should edit out the either "2 tabs" or "2 times" as she does seem to correct herself.   Any thoughts on this would be appreciated? Thanks ...

Not Work Help, Format Help
Feb 11, 2011

In a verbatim account: "patient is into" (doc lists medications)...  Patient is into??  Very clearly said.  "there are no labs available on the chart."   (doc goes onto lists extensive lab results) Says also very clearly "this consultation was not necessary", however I am not sure if he is speaking to someone else, or if it is part of the dictation!  I hear it clear as a bell, it just seems a snippy ending comment.  I am going to type it out as I hear it, b ...

Help With Dosage Format
Oct 14, 2011

Doctor dictates: Ambien 10 mg q 9 p.m. Just making sure how the 'q 9 pm' is transcribed. Is it like this: q.9 p.m. or q.9. p.m.?? Not sure....any help would be appreciated. I am new to the job and want to make sure i do this correctly.Thanks ...

Proper Format
Dec 05, 2014

MD dictates C5-6... I usually change this to C5-C6, as it seems that is the more correct way.  Should C5-6 be used? ...

Oncology: How To "write" PT1mi N Zero I Minus ER/PR Positive
Dec 17, 2012

I have looked everywhere trying to figure out how to transcribe.  I got the pT1mi and the ER/PR.  It's the n zero I (eye) minus that I don't know how to write. Also, if you have a site that is very detailed for cancer staging, etc,  please leave me a link for it.  ...

Growth Percentile Format
Dec 15, 2009

Okay........ now don't laugh at this question.   I recently had to pull up another transcriptionist's report, and came across something I've never seen before.   I couldn't find the formatting this MT used anywhere else, so I am wondering if any of you have.   I always type  "90th percentile", "56th percentile", etc. when peds are talking about growth charts.    This MT typed "90%tile", "53%tile", etc.   Is that actu ...